/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3

Life_Is_Short
01-25-2010, 12:42 AM
:sl:
A major feature that distinguishes PlayStation 3 from its predecessors is its unified online gaming service.

The actual games cost a lot so can you download games for free, or is this too good to be true? :skeleton:

What else can you do with it?

Jazak'Allah khair. :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sawdah
01-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Lol, I don't play on the Playstation3 but I know that you can watch Blueray movies . :)

:wa:

Life_Is_Short
01-25-2010, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by seekerofjannah
Lol, I don't play on the Playstation3 but I know that you can watch Blueray movies . :)

I don't find that feature very attractive. :mmokay:

Jazak'Allah Khair anyway.

Sawdah
01-25-2010, 01:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short

I don't find that feature very attractive. :mmokay:

Jazak'Allah Khair anyway.
Lol, as I mentioned , I don't use the PS3(often).:giggling:
But I do remember that it has wifi. :|
I believe you can chat on it too. (I learn this all from my brothers lol)

Hope that helps inshallah. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Life_Is_Short
01-25-2010, 01:13 AM
Lol, as I mentioned , I don't use the PS3(often).:giggling:
But I do remember that it has wifi. :|
I believe you can chat on it too. (I learn this all from my brothers lol)

Hope that helps inshallah. :)
Do you also happen to know what wifi is?

Ok nevermind. :embarrass

Sawdah
01-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Do you also happen to know what wifi is?

Ok nevermind. :embarrass
Did you find the answer?

If not, from what I understand from it, Wifi is a wireless object that give you Internet.

On this website (http://www.webopedia.com/term/w/wi_fi.html), they define wifi as "a popular wireless networking technology that uses radio waves to provide wireless high-speed Internet and network connections."

Hope that helps. :)

waqas maqsood
01-25-2010, 02:22 AM
Err.... You can play games!

I normally play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Pro Evolution Soccer 2010.. Awesome graphics!

Darth Ultor
01-25-2010, 02:24 AM
Meh, I like games where you play by yourself. On the PS1 or PS2. Like Final Fantasy VII, Xenogears, or Final Fantasy IX.

Cabdullahi
01-25-2010, 09:39 AM
you can download demo games for you to test if you want to buy the real thing...................Wifi is wireless connectivity to the broadband internet

Life_Is_Short
01-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Connected it to the internet and yeah you can only download demos.

kamran javed
01-25-2010, 05:07 PM

what's mean by this lol Blueray ?

Sawdah
01-25-2010, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kamranjaved2004
what's mean by this lol Blueray ?
Sorry, I meant Blu-ray.
Blu-ray is basically a disc storage (so is a DVD)that lets you see videos better with its high definition(HD).

I used it once, it's not that different from a average DVD player...

imam bukhari
01-25-2010, 07:58 PM
A major feature that distinguishes PlayStation 3 from its predecessors is its unified online gaming service.

The actual games cost a lot so can you download games for free, or is this too good to be true? :skeleton:

What else can you do with it?

Jazak'Allah khair. :statisfie
Assalaam o alaykum akhi,

Ok i havent read anything here, but ill just share this news brief with u all:

Breaking News

Ben Kinsella's Killer 'Taunts' Family Online
Italian teen stabs father in PlayStation row

6 hours 19 mins ago

An Italian man who argued with his son over Sony PlayStation tactics was recovering in hospital on Monday after the teenager stabbed him in the neck with a 15-inch (40 cm) kitchen knife, police and hospital officials said. Skip related content
Related photos / videos
A visitor plays with a 'Playstation' at an exhibition stand at the Gamescom 2009 …More Enlarge photo

More photos: Oddly Enough

The man, identified as Fabrizio R., suffered a deep cut to the throat after his 16-year-old son, Mario, attacked him during an argument on Sunday over the soccer video game FIFA 2009.

Police said the argument broke out when the 46-year-old storekeeper offered his son advice on tactics to improve his play, and then turned the television off in response to his son's behaviour.

Fetching a knife from the kitchen, Mario stabbed his father in the neck before returning to clean the weapon at the kitchen sink in front of his mother and leaving it to dry on the draining-board. Forty-six year-old housewife Monica B,. told Italian daily Il Corriere della Sera that she had no idea what had happened until her husband stumbled into the room, clutching his throat.

"I saw Mario come back into the room, he seemed calm, he went to the sink and I noticed him washing a knife," Monica told the newspaper. "Then my husband came into the room with a hand round his neck, dripping blood."

The teenager shut himself in his bedroom after the attack and made no attempt to resist arrest, police said.

The game had been given to Mario a few days earlier, as a birthday present.

"Mario is obsessed. He's forever playing on his PlayStation, and we bought him FIFA 2009 because we didn't want him playing violent games," his mother told Il Corriere.

(Reporting by Ella Ide; Editing by Noah Barkin)

source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100125...g-1df2b7e.html

Muezzin
01-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Yes, it's true. Anyone who plays a Playstation 3 will inevitably stab their father in the neck.

Sarcasm.

Anyway, if the original poster wants a rundown of the console's capabilities (and a textual sales pitch to boot), she should start with the official website.

Darth Ultor
01-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Oh please, I have been playing video games since I was a little boy and I never resorted to violence. People like that kid in that article give a bad name to gamers everywhere.

Dagless
01-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Geohot recently managed to get full read/write access to the processor and memory so there could be a lot of homebrew stuff coming in future.

Life_Is_Short
01-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Why was the above article necessary? Is that one of the functions of Playstation 3? :muddlehea

My question has been answered by brother Abdullahii so you can close this thread.

Jazak'Allah Khair.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.