/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need duas for kittens :(

jaz
01-25-2010, 07:28 AM
:sl:

I'm not sure if this is appropriate to post here but I don't know where else to post or ask for help. A few weeks back I brought home 3 abandon kittens with me. They are very tiny. Guessing must be new born.

Everything was going so well until this morning I realized that one of them are showing sign of sickness and is very weak. he even meowed very softly I can hardly hear him...and couldn't drink from the bottle. Planning to take him to the vet soon. I couldn't stop crying, a little freaked out and as I'm worried he won't make it. I have been praying that god let him stay...

If it isn't so much to ask from sisters and brothers in the forum, could you please pray for his safety and ours... I'm so afraid he won't make it.. :(

Jazakallah khair..
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jaz
01-25-2010, 10:58 AM
just a little update. The vet told us that one of the kitten in infected with cat flu. Although I was told there is nothing to worry and they have given him antibiotic I am still worried. I was hoping that they would hospitalize her but they didn't. She is still very weak and I am still very worried. I have been praying and hope that god will give her a chance to live. imsad

Ummu Sufyaan
01-25-2010, 10:59 AM
if the kittens are newly born then they wont accept anyone elses milk, except thier mothers. we had kittens that young and (i think) they eventually died becuase the mother wasnt around and they wouldn't feed on anything else.

so take them to the vet asap...may allah grant your kittens a speedy recovery :statisfie

jaz
01-25-2010, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
if the kittens are newly born then they wont accept anyone elses milk, except thier mothers. we had kittens that young and (i think) they eventually died becuase the mother wasnt around and they wouldn't feed on anything else.

so take them to the vet asap...may allah grant your kittens a speedy recovery :statisfie
They are abandon kittens so yes no mother. I have been feeding them with milk formula to replace the mothers milk. The other 2 are fine and healthy. Just 1 is sick :( I am very worried of her imsad Thank you for your kind thought. I want her to be well.

Jazakallah Khair...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
UmmSqueakster
01-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Assalamu alaikum

may Allah swt reward you for your efforts. I'll certainly make dua for your sweet kitties. It sounds like you're doing the right thing, taking them to the vet and bottle feeding them. Kittens can survive this. When I'm not on my iPod touch and can type easier inshaAllah I'll take abdulmujeed to task and post some Hadith on kindness to animals.

zakirs
01-25-2010, 01:35 PM

Its very nice of you to give home to some abandoned kittens sister :). Hope they get well soon again :). And i love kittens.

Donia
01-25-2010, 08:06 PM
:sl:, sister.

I applaud your efforts in taking care of these little kittens masha'Allah. There is a good site that you can go to if you have any questions or need some support from other cat lovers. It is www.thecatsite.com
Click on forums. There is a section about pregnant cats and kittens. You can post questions there or perhaps skim through and see if there are any topics of interest to help you out insha'Allah.
JazakAllahu khayrun sis.

jaz
01-26-2010, 04:25 AM

Thank you sisters and brothers. She is still very weak but is able to open her eyes today and I can hear her voice. MasyaAllah very happy though it doesn't change the fact that I'm still dead worried of her.

Thank you sis Donia for the site. Jazakallah khair. I will have a look at it in awhile. Please pray that she will be fine. It breaks my heart to see her in pain :cry:

Snowflake
01-26-2010, 04:41 AM
:sl: May Allah reward your efforts sis and grant your all kitties good health. Ameen. :)

Ummu Sufyaan
01-26-2010, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jaz
They are abandon kittens so yes no mother. I have been feeding them with milk formula to replace the mothers milk. The other 2 are fine and healthy. Just 1 is sick :( I am very worried of her imsad Thank you for your kind thought. I want her to be well.

Jazakallah Khair...
im just wondering about the milk formula? so the kittens took it because with our kittens, we tried giving them cows milk, but it didn't work because kittens (as far as i know) only take their mothers milk? until a certain age their only diet is their mothers milk...so how did they manage to drink the formula without getting harmed.

jaz
01-26-2010, 05:34 AM
im just wondering about the milk formula? so the kittens took it because with our kittens, we tried giving them cows milk, but it didn't work because kittens (as far as i know) only take their mothers milk? until a certain age their only diet is their mothers milk...so how did they manage to drink the formula without getting harmed.
:sl: sister

I am not sure if you are asking to find out abt the formula or you are telling me that they aren't going to make it somehow without their mothers milk(which I hope its not :( )

I don't really know much abt kittens to begin with. This is my first time raising kittens this tiny and without the mother being present.

I got the milk formula along with nursing kits from the nearest pet shop. Its powdered and turn slightly yellowish in colour once diluted with water. They seem to be taking the milk as I gave them. So far the other two are healthy and strong, only one of them is sick at the moment :( we are now feeding her with chicken broth and water to give her some protein and prevent her from being dehydrated...I hope Allah will grant her fast recover. I really misses her meowing imsad

Ummu Sufyaan
01-26-2010, 05:39 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
i feel like a doofus...i thought you meant you give her human baby formula :hiding:
you should check with the vet, but once one of our chickens were ill, so my mum just cut a paracetamol tablet in half and gave it to her...it worked like a treat.

jaz
01-26-2010, 08:55 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
i feel like a doofus...i thought you meant you give her human baby formula :hiding:
you should check with the vet, but once one of our chickens were ill, so my mum just cut a paracetamol tablet in half and gave it to her...it worked like a treat.

Oh no sister not human milk formula. Sorry I did not state that earlier didn't mean to confuse you. The vet suggested that we wean her with some cat food and give her some chicken broth. We use syringe to wean her with soft meat and feed her water. She would only eat very little. She is showing some improvement but still very very weak. Always sleeping :( I felt horrible because she has to be separated from her two sibling. Must be lonely for her.

Is paracetamol safe to be fed to kittens? They did prescribe with antibiotic twice a day though which we are giving her during day and night time...I felt so hapless seeing her in pain :cry:

UmmSqueakster
01-26-2010, 01:52 PM
If you've been to the vet, I'd do what s/he recommends, inshaAllah. Many kittens can survive without their mothers, so inshaAllah yours will too. If you need a little inspiration, try to find the book Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper. It's the story of a blind cat, who was rescued as an orphan kitten at like 4 weeks. He's still alive today, mashaAllah.

re: thecatsite - I'm there as rahma :) It's a great resource and the people are very kind and knowledgable.

Asiyah3
01-26-2010, 02:17 PM
^^aMEEN_____

sisterfirdous
01-26-2010, 03:07 PM
AWWWWWwwwww......

I know just how you feel, when my kitten became sick I cried soo much. InshAllah.
I think your safe bet is to visit the vet but be warned the bills are verrrryyy expensive...

A-Believer-25
01-26-2010, 09:37 PM

I hope the cats will heal, inshallah.

May Allah (SWT) reward you and heal the kittens! :)

jaz
01-27-2010, 04:19 AM
the kitty didn't make it imsad I know she is at a better place right now I just miss her so much :cry:

thanks for the book recommendation. I will look when I'm better..

Thanks for everyone who replied. Please continue to pray for the other two.

Jazakallah Khair

Muslim Woman
01-27-2010, 04:35 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by jaz

.. kitten in infected with cat flu.
I hope , it's not dangerous for human and InshaAllah u have no threat from her ?

Oh sorry , just saw the sad news :(

If pets will be allowed , then InshaAllah u will get her back in paradise ; so cheer up sis :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.