/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with other religion

Samiun
01-25-2010, 07:56 AM
:sl: Brothers and Sisters, it has to come to my attention that we should speak the truth. I know this buddhist person and I explained to him about Islam and how wrong they're god was. I might have offended him or not but I'm only stating an honest opinion of a Muslim. Other than that, how should I deal with jews and christians since they're my worst enemy in Islam? Having said that, are the verse/hadeeth are based on those(christians and jews) who wage wars against us?(Islam)

I regretted what I have said and probably he'll spread my words around the class. I'm hearing some back-biting going on...

No offense to the buddists or hidus reading in the forums. It's just an honest opinion and please correct me if I'm wrong. I also mentioned things like,"Think logically, if there's a lot of gods, then how can there be a leader?" or something similar. Once again, forgive me if I have offended anyone but it's an honest opinion

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
01-25-2010, 08:38 AM
:sl:
First off, the jews and christians are not our enemies. So get that out of your head completely. This isn't some dawah tactic, this is reality. The only enemy in Islam is shaytan.

We have this weird mentality that we as muslims have to be so firm in our obedience to Allah that we act like jerks to other people. Learn to engage with them as fellow human beings - people tend to listen more.

Personally, I don't deal with cross-comparing religions in real life because most people would take offense to any criticism (because the topic is close to people's hearts) and then you only end up ticking people off (we're supposed to guide people, not crush them). It's better to keep it to Islamic teachings and the Islamic perspective on life etc.

Grofica
01-25-2010, 08:46 AM
WOW you are soooooooooooo wrong.......

format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
:sl: Brothers and Sisters, it has to come to my attention that we should speak the truth. I know this buddhist person and I explained to him about Islam and how wrong they're god was.
There is a difference between having an intelectual conversation about ANY religion and then saying "your god is wrong na na na na na" Islam teaches you that you still have to have respect for the other people. even if they are wrong... they still deserve some respect the only way to bring someone to the path of light is to show someone what a loving and respectful relgion it really is and not being disrespectful!

I might have offended him or not but I'm only stating an honest opinion of a Muslim
. Then you need to go back and study and read again because angry words and hate is NOT what islam is about.

Other than that, how should I deal with jews and christians since they're my worst enemy in Islam?
Jews and Christians are NOT ENEMYS!!!! They might not be right but Islam has always given the Christians and Jews the right to worship.... Granted there is a long and not so delightful history but MEN are flawed. History is exactally that... History.... it was hundreds of years ago... learn from it and not bring humanity back to the dark ages.... move forward!

YOU SERIOUSLY HAVE TOO MUCH HATE IN YOUR LIFE!

I regretted what I have said and probably he'll spread my words around the class. I'm hearing some back-biting going on...
Well from the way you made the conversation sound... I wouldnt be surpised...

Relgion is a sensitive thing for everyone... it doesnt matter which. you need to respect people.

Muslim Woman
01-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Salaam/Peace

there is a verse in Quran where Allah tells us not to utter any filthy words against other dieites ; then they will utter bad things about Allah.

Also u must invite people in a best possible manner .

May Allah reward you for ur good intention but pl. don't insult other people.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samiun
01-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Then, should I apologize to him and say everything I said to him was a plain lie to manipulate him to go into Islam? OR I lied about everything to disrespect on his religion OR I made a mistake and I should apologize to him and says that it's okay to believe in lots of gods because that's your religion

Jazkhair Allah for your comments sisters/brothers. I should remember surah al-araf aya 23, because the dua is good to be recited to remind us that we always make sins and faults in this world... and I should also remember to recite surah hud aya 47 to ask for forgiveness from Allah s.w.t. for the sins we have done without realizing it

Muslim Woman
01-25-2010, 09:09 AM

Then, should I apologize to him
yes

it's okay to believe in lots of gods because that's your religion

Of Course u won't tell him it's ok to worship many gods. Ask him if he wants to know about Islam . If he says yes , then u may give him a copy of holy Quran. If he does not want to listen , then remember , ther is no compulson in religion and To you be your Way, and to me mine :)

remember chapter 109 ?

U may give a CD of Dr. Zakir about concept of God in major religions.

Grofica
01-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Then, should I apologize to him
YES!

and say everything I said to him was a plain lie to manipulate him to go into Islam? OR I lied about everything to disrespect on his religion OR I made a mistake and I should apologize to him and says that it's okay to believe in lots of gods because that's your religion[/QUOTE]

Of course not! but you CAN say something like "I am sorry about the other day I think I might have been little insensitive when we were talking. I dont mean any disrepect...

the ONLY thing you can do is introduce him to the truth but you can not make anyone follow.

the ONLY way someone will change their faith is through the deeds (both in words and actions) of the people they come in contact with.

most of the converts here probably had an experience with SOMEONE who was muslim and then became curious to learn and then learning led to faith. or they were curious and joined this group and learned and then again learning led to faith...but they interacted with people no matter which way they converted.

Its a great thing to share the word of god but you have to portray the goodness of the words you are speaking otherwise your not doing any good.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-25-2010, 09:39 AM
the simple and basic rules goes that if someone is kind and just to you, then you likewise be kind and just to them and likewise if they are rude and arrogant to you, then either ignore them, or just deal with them as they deal with you. if you have wronged someone unjustfully, then go apologize...they isnt a reason why you should...you being harsh and rude to people for no reason or fault on their part is ridicilous not to mention it sort of defeats the purpose of dawah-calling people to Islam.
its ok to hate their jufr/sins, but this isn't a reason why one should treat them with arrogance, etc given that they have done nothing to deserve it.

as for those who have mentioned that Jews and Christians aren't your enemies...where do you get this from? have you not seen the very trash some of them have posted on this very forum?

btw i mean the Jews and Christians who mock our deen and vilify it/us, the kind and respectful ones are obviously excluded.

Grofica
01-25-2010, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
as for those who have mentioned that Jews and Christians aren't your enemies...where do you get this from? have you not seen the very trash some of them have posted on this very forum?

btw i mean the Jews and Christians who mock our deen and vilify it/us, the kind and respectful ones are obviously excluded.
well.... in that case wouldnt it be more fitting to say PEOPLE who mock our deen are the enimy and not limit it to christians and jews????

that's sort of segrigation to say only christains and jews... when it is in actually people... statements like jews and christains are the enimy are very negitive and condensending....

stop breeding segrigation and hate... people the determining factor not the religion...

its still no reason to oppose people with such negitivity... paitence is a virtue...

Ummu Sufyaan
01-25-2010, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
well.... in that case wouldnt it be more fitting to say PEOPLE who mock our deen are the enimy and not limit it to christians and jews????

that's sort of segrigation to say only christains and jews... when it is in actually people... statements like jews and christains are the enimy are very negitive and condensending....

stop breeding segrigation and hate... people the determining factor not the religion...

its still no reason to oppose people with such negitivity... paitence is a virtue...
learn how to read please before accusing me of breeding segregation and hate. OP posted in regards to how he should treat who now? oh yes! Jews and Christians. and 2 other members responded with a "insert religions here" arent our enemies? who were they referring to? oh yes! Jews and Christians.

aamirsaab
01-25-2010, 11:51 AM
I should clarify: Just because a person happens to be a jew or christian does not make them automatically an enemy. If you think like that, you are looking for a fight - not to guide people towards islam or spread understanding.

glo
01-25-2010, 05:23 PM
: Other than that, how should I deal with jews and christians since they're my worst enemy in Islam?
:?:?
I have never heard anybody say something like this on this forum!

Thank you to all who have rectified this statement.

Nabiel, I am not your enemy!

Samiun
01-25-2010, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

I'm sorry if I had offended you, this only apply to those jews and christians who wants to bring down Islam(Well I quoted this from the sheikh you see). But I'm trying my hard to find the surah/hadeeth. Maybe a brother/sister could help you because I have no time right now...

Once again, I'm sorry

Ali_uk
01-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Interesting thread. I agree with this statement, after all we're all people, and isn't it about we must find common ground not differences?

I spoke before about tar-ing many people with the same brush, it is very easy to do this, but we must remember our way is our choice, their way is there choice. I stand by my choice and expect people to respect it, but respect is earned so we must respect others choices.
I agree with regard to the OP, you should aplogise, maybe use it as an excuse to find something out about this guy, never know...you might learn something!

format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica

Ummu Sufyaan
01-26-2010, 02:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
I should clarify: Just because a person happens to be a jew or christian does not make them automatically an enemy. If you think like that, you are looking for a fight - not to guide people towards islam or spread understanding.
wa alaykum us-Salaam
i'll try one more time. Jews and Christians (I'll mention Jews and Christians because that's what i was responding to before, but for arguments sake lets add atheists, Buddhists, Hindus, Marvin the Martian and every other person that comes from any other religion) that vilifies and mocks Islam out of arrogance are an enemy... i mean people who insult and ridicule you aren't exactly your friends.

having said that though, those who DONT vilify Islam and are kind and respectful are to be treated kindly and justly (as i mentioned before). i just have a problem with those non-Muslims who attack Islam out of sheer arrogance (like some trolls that have been witnessed on this very forum over the years)...im not saying that being of religion xyz qualifies you automatically to hate Islam but (for eg) Christians, Jews, Hindu, atheists, Marvin the Martian, the cat down the road who mocks our faith im sorry, they are an enemy.

syilla
01-26-2010, 03:23 AM
salams...

Just a reminder... Nabiel is only 13 or 14 i think. So don't be hard on him :)

Samiun
01-26-2010, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
salams...

Just a reminder... Nabiel is only 13 or 14 i think. So don't be hard on him :)
Hey how do you know...

Brothers and sisters, I have already apologized with him and he's okay with it. The problem is, he keeps repeating what I had said to him and it's getting really annoying...

ardianto
01-26-2010, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

Nabiel is not an adult, but early teenager. He should learn more about religious tolerance. And I believe he can. :)

جوري
01-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Hey how do you know...

Brothers and sisters, I have already apologized with him and he's okay with it. The problem is, he keeps repeating what I had said to him and it's getting really annoying...
some non-Muslims are like that.. I think as you grow older you'll also be able to distinguish those who are overtly your enemies from those who cloak their intent but are evil and hypocrites under-neath (certainly with some what their heart hides is far worse than what their tongues utter) from the genuine sincere people.. and that sort of thing comes with experience.. wisdom is an acquired thing.. so keep patient now (even with what he says) and learn all you can.. one day insha'Allah you'll be on top of your game..

:w:

Danah
01-26-2010, 09:17 PM
First, I admire your desire to call others to Islam in such a young age mashaAllah, May Allah increase your knowledge.

Second, you should know that everyone is free in thinking what they want. Your role is just to "invite" not "convert" them because the guidance come from Allah at the end

Keep this verse always in your mind:

Call unto the way of thy Lord with wisdom and fair exhortation, and reason with them in the better way. Lo! thy Lord is Best Aware of him who strayeth from His way, and He is best aware of those who go aright. [16:125]

You will come through those ignorant haters who has nothing to do but to mock, insult, and attack Islam without even having the proper knowledge about it. So even for those, don't lower your level to be in such useless, time-wasting conversation, but just leave them to what they think and keep this verse in your mind:

The worshippers of the All-Merciful are they who tread gently upon the earth, and when the ignorant address them, they reply, "Peace!" [25:63]

Ali_uk
01-26-2010, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Nabiel is not an adult, but early teenager. He should learn more about religious tolerance. And I believe he can. :)
I am sure this will be a learning curve for him

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.