/* */

PDA

View Full Version : new to IB & Birmingham

Good News
01-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Hey, i new to IB. This forum is very good, from what i have read. lol

So hi everyone and keep up the good work.

The other thing is, I have just moved to birmingham.
I was just wondering if any sisters in birmingham area would be happy to meet up and make friends and show me around a little bit. Keep in touch by e-mail/phone as i dont really know anyone here.

If so i would be greatful.

Thank You

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raaina
01-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Sister, welcome to IB,

I'd be happy to show you around Birmingham. I've pm'd you, check your inbox. :)

Misz_Muslimah
01-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the forum sis..:)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Aslaamu-alaaykum Sister! :)
Welcome to the Islamic Board Fourm, Hope you enjoy your wonderful stay here.
Hope you meet a lot of sisters from Birmingham and Gain lots of Knowledge Insha`Allaah....:D..
Hope to see your posts..and see you around sis . Take care

Wa-alaaykum Salaam :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Life_Is_Short
01-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Welcome to IB,

If you ever visit London, I can be at your service. :statisfie

After reading the posts below, I think you'll need to provide some form of identification first. :giggling:

:sl:

OurIslamic
01-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Salam sister, welcome to IB :).

Also, be careful of meeting people in real life (the ones who you find online). They may not be who they truly are, and that's a sad fact of life. Also, no offence, but for all we know, anyone on this forum could be a random person pretending to be someone else. So, again, I will say (to EVERYONE) to be highly cautious before telling people personal information who you don't know well. I'd advise a few phone calls before meeting someone online, and once you do decide to meet up, go with at least one person who you know and meet in a place where there are many other people.

Just some words of caution, since I've seen many things like this happen, and someone gets hurt in the end, inshAllah it won't be the case this time.

I'm sure that brother Rashad can fill you in a little more regarding people pretending to be someone else, since he sees it a lot (him being a webmaster like me, and all).

Anyways...welcome to the forum, again, lol :P.

Muhammad
01-25-2010, 10:18 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the forum, sister.

That's a very important point made by brother OurIslamic - please be very careful.

Perhaps go to your local Masjid and try and get involved. I'm sure you can meet plenty of sisters like that. A really good and active Masjid there is the Green Lane Masjid - check it out if possible Insha'Allaah.

desert winds
01-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Wow, is everyone from birmingham?

Cabdullahi
01-25-2010, 10:36 PM
I left birmz because it was to hectic CUZ

Raaina
01-25-2010, 10:45 PM
I don't actually live IN Birmingham, but i'm close enough to visit :)

'Abdul Rahmaan
01-26-2010, 03:32 AM
Welcome sister! Glad to have you here. :)

Good News
01-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Thank You for allthe replys and advices.
I feel at home already! lol

Thank you to the sisters who have sent me private messages.

Raaina
01-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Maybe a group of sisters from IB in Birmingham could have a get together, anyone in support of this idea?

desert winds
01-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Sounds good! But depends on many factors. How n where n when.

Rafeeq
01-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Welcome to Islamic board

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.