/* */

PDA

View Full Version : (changing the Kiswah - Cover of the Ka'bah) Pics

Rasikh Kashmiri
01-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Asslamu Alaikum
I got this Pics through my e-mail froma friend, I would like to share herem hope you enjoy it.

[align=center]

[/align]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
01-25-2010, 07:04 PM
MashaAllah!!!! That's so amazing to see the steps of covering the Ka'abah.

JazakAllah khair for sharing. Awesome pictures.

Hayaa
01-25-2010, 08:29 PM
SubhanAllaah! It's amazing to see the kaabah, preserved for hundreds of years..

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
01-25-2010, 08:35 PM
hmm...jus got this in a mail from my bro. from KSA... Its sooo amazing!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supreme
01-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Wow. The Kaaba looks wierd without the black curtain. You start to invision it as being black, you forget that there's grey bricks underneath it.

May I ask, since when has the Kaaba been covered? Has it always been covered?

Ali_uk
01-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Thank you for sharing these pictures

kwolney01
01-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Great post brother. I always wondered about the process of changing the kiswa.

I've read in a book that the kiswa or cover has been replaced with a new one every year since the thirteenth century provided by Egypt. The book was: Muhammad The Prophet by Gabriel Mandel Khan.

Danah
01-26-2010, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme

May I ask, since when has the Kaaba been covered? Has it always been covered?
I read somewhere that there are some historical sources said that the Kiswah was introduced firstly but Ishmael the son of Ibrahim (Peace be upon them).

Some other sources said that it was done by the great great grandfather of the prophet Mohammed (Peace be upon him) Adnan Ibn Ad.

I read also that the first one covered the Ka'abah "entirely" was Tuba' Abi Karb As'ad the king of Himyar in 220 before Hijra.

The kiswah was first introduced during the pre-islamic era. It is disputed whether the kiswah was made by Ishmael, or the great-great grandfather of Muhammad, Adnan bin Ad.

ardianto
01-26-2010, 04:22 PM
I hear production cost of this new Kiswah was around US$ 6 millions.

Supreme
01-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Cheers for the answer Danah. What happens to the old Kiswah? Is it sold?

ardianto
01-26-2010, 04:40 PM
No, it kept in Al-Haramain museum, Makah.

Danah
01-26-2010, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I hear production cost of this new Kiswah was around US$ 6 millions.
I am not sure of the exact cost, but the black cloth of the Kiswah is made from silk and that writings on it is made of gold and silver strings. So of course the cost is in millions.

They cut it into small pieces and gifted to certain individuals/museums around the world. I read that the United Nation have a piece of it.

Rasikh Kashmiri
01-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Asslamu Alaikum
Thanks for every one who commented on this post, I am going to post a few links here about the kiswah and kabah, I hope that will help to know more about it.

Kiswah, Wikipedia

Kiswah, Pics

A Historical Look at the Kiswah

ardianto
01-27-2010, 03:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
They cut it into small pieces and gifted to certain individuals/museums around the world. I read that the United Nation have a piece of it.
Yes, many govt/kingdom or individuals have pieces of old kiswah. But I read, there was a period when they burned old kiswah for prevent people commit shirk with it.

Danah
01-27-2010, 08:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Yes, many govt/kingdom or individuals have pieces of old kiswah. But I read, there was a period when they burned old kiswah for prevent people commit shirk with it.
Oh really?? :ooh: When was that?

People can do some stupid things sometimes, Astaghfirullah!! May Allah save us.

ardianto
01-27-2010, 09:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
Oh really?? :ooh: When was that?

People can do some stupid things sometimes, Astaghfirullah!! May Allah save us.
According to some articles people committed shirk with old Kiswah in the past but there is no further information when it was happened. But I guess that was happened around 3 centuries ago before Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahab launched his movement. And we know Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahab eliminated many shirk and bid'ah practices.

Asiyah3
01-27-2010, 10:37 AM
JazakalLahu khairan for posting this :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.