/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hot weather-how do you deal with it?

Ummu Sufyaan
01-26-2010, 06:25 AM
:sl:
i cant take this anymore...its fatiguing me and giving me headaches. not to mention causing me to delay my prayer....

how do you deal with 38C heat?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kamran javed
01-26-2010, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
i cant take this anymore...its fatiguing me and giving me headaches. not to mention causing me to delay my prayer....

lol i am working at more then 30 C place so i can telling u lol i can easyly deal to this :skeleton:

glo
01-26-2010, 07:45 AM
I live in the UK, and I don't remember hot weather ... :hmm:

سيف الله
01-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Salaam

Yes the UK (or Scotland in my case), the most miserable climate ever, give me some of the heat! :phew

No real advice to give, keep lots of water handy? Fan? Air-conditioning?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Donia
01-26-2010, 03:03 PM
:wa:

I feel your pain, sis. I am not looking forward to summer for that precise reason. :)

Wear light colors with breathable fabrics. Try to stay in air-conditioning places and stay hydrated. Keep a water bottle with you. If you feel too hot, go into the restroom and wash your face with some cold water. That really does help.
Also if the temperature is just going to be miserably hot, try to stay in and go out at night (after the sun goes down) or in the morning (when it's not the peak of the heat).

I hope that helped a little sis. :)

ardianto
01-26-2010, 04:09 PM

Indoor or outdoor ?.

Cabdullahi
01-26-2010, 10:25 PM

You have two choices either to sweat it out or to get cool by wearing this air conditioning jacket

Air conditioning jacket

sister in all seriousness i would advice drinking lots of fluids and wearing clothing of the white colour so that heat is reflected that's my advice i would give if i was serious and not joking :)

A-Believer-25
01-31-2010, 11:23 PM
I hate hot weather, which is why I hate summer.

Italianguy
01-31-2010, 11:27 PM
Uggggg, I hate the cold. And we just got 12 inches of snow:heated:

I love it at at least 100 degrees and humid:D:phew:phew

Drink lots of water! I drink at least 2 gallons a day regardless of weather.

On really hot days i will take a washed out milk container, fill it with water and put it in the freezer over night (without the cap of course) and it stays icey cold all day!:statisfie

Italianguy
01-31-2010, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A-Believer-25
I hate hot weather, which is why I hate summer.
I am not sure i have seen you here before?

So....Welcome to the forum friend!:D

God be with you.

Life_Is_Short
01-31-2010, 11:47 PM
It's freezing down here. :skeleton:

The more you sweat the better (in your case) because sweating cools you down but keep drinking water to replace the water lost from your body.

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. :thumbs_up

Rabi Mansur
02-01-2010, 12:00 AM

I just finished shoveling snow from my driveway and one of my apartment's. I'm freezing. My feet won't warm up.

Let's trade places. ;D

Woodrow
02-01-2010, 12:01 AM

You look at my weather banner in my signature, currently I am located at the top one. (Zeeland, ND)

Then you thank Allaah(swt) for the hot weather.

Italianguy
02-01-2010, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
You look at my weather banner in my signature, currently I am located at the top one. (Zeeland, ND)

wow brother, I will be praying for you! That is way too cold for me. How do you even go outside? I bet if you spit, i would freeze before hiiting the ground.;D

Woodrow
02-01-2010, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
wow brother, I will be praying for you! That is way too cold for me. How do you even go outside? I bet if you spit, i would freeze before hiiting the ground.;D
Believe it or not we are have an unusually warm winter. Typically we should not be getting above 0 Fahrenheit until mid March. Normal day time temp for January is -15 to -20 with the nights reaching -50 so far the coldest night we had this winter was -36 (Heat wave)

Beardo
02-01-2010, 12:26 AM
I can't handle heat. but I love the cold weather. I wonder why that is.

I find cold to be easier to keep yourself warm than when it is hot.

Sawdah
02-01-2010, 12:40 AM
I can't really deal with the cold weather,but alhamdulillah I'm totally ok if it's hot out. I don't think I never experienced 38C, but maybe 28C? (don't really remember.)

Try drink cool water and keep a fan next to you. :)

Asiyaah
02-01-2010, 12:53 AM
It is coooooolllllddddd here. Wish It was 90F here - love hot weather :D.

However I'm not really sure how to handle ramadan in extreme heat. How do you deal with over 100F heat, 16hours daylight - no water? I don't have a/c either LOL. Any tips?

Woodrow
02-01-2010, 01:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaira
It is coooooolllllddddd here. Wish It was 90F here - love hot weather :D.

However I'm not really sure how to handle ramadan in extreme heat. How do you deal with over 100F heat, 16hours daylight - no water? I don't have a/c either LOL. Any tips?
At first I was wondering how you could get 100 degree temps in Canada, and then remembered Ontario is much warmer than ND.
So to avoid the heat spend the summers in either Minot, North Dakota or Glasgow, Montana

S_87
02-01-2010, 02:28 PM

oh i love hot weather and i love summer. drink loads of water which will cool you internally

eat things like melons/jelly/drink milk etc which are cooling foods.

and having an AC on for when you return inside from outside is great. and a beach to swim in :p

ardianto
02-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Use a hand fan.

Italianguy
02-01-2010, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Use a hand fan.

^lol, those may work;D

ardianto
02-01-2010, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Uncle, do you know what tropical island people say ?

"If I have a choice, I chose cold weather. In cold I can wear jacket, blanket, or everything to make body going warm. But in hot ?, even if I am naked, I still feel hot".

Italianguy
02-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Come on down to Virginia, The really .....smart people here do this hing called the polar plunge. They are all in bathing suits and run and jump into the freezing cold waters in Virginia Beach. Thousands do it for charity, that will keep you cool!....or put you hypothermic shock:hmm:

Life_Is_Short
02-01-2010, 04:27 PM
.....smart people here do this hing called the polar plunge. They are all in bathing suits and run and jump into the freezing cold waters in Virginia Beach.
Woah, must be desperate for summer. ;D Isn't the Globe warming anyway? :hmm:

Italianguy
02-01-2010, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Woah, must be desperate for summer. ;D Isn't the Globe warming anyway? :hmm:
Yeah the earth is melting anyway...we're all gonna fry:phew

But i am going out like a champion....frying chapatis on the hood of my car!;D

cat eyes
02-01-2010, 04:38 PM
i hate hot weather i prefer to live in a cold windy city. and especially when u go out u have to slap on loads of sun cream to protect your skin from the suns harmful rays...

ardianto
02-01-2010, 04:38 PM
^lol, those may work;D
Hei, I am not kidding. That's work.

Or maybe you like Chinese/Japanese style folding hand fan ?.

Life_Is_Short
02-01-2010, 04:41 PM
I would prefer a portable electric fan. It's effortless. :D

Woodrow
02-01-2010, 04:44 PM

Uncle, do you know what tropical island people say ?

"If I have a choice, I chose cold weather. In cold I can wear jacket, blanket, or everything to make body going warm. But in hot ?, even if I am naked, I still feel hot".
:sl: Nephew,

I used to think that until I experienced my first -40 temperature. At that temp no matter what you are wearing you reach a point where the clothing itself becomes frozen within an hour of being outdoors.

Italianguy
02-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Hei, I am not kidding. That's work.

Or maybe you like Chinese/Japanese style folding hand fan ?.

Oh I beleive you, my wife uses them all the time;D She will fry me out of this house:phew it's always like 80 degrees in here:phew

INDIANS!!!!

Santoku
02-03-2010, 10:38 PM

Not alot you can do,just keep yourself hydrated, don't forget your salt tablets, and continue as best you can. Just remember it could be worse,last time I was in Kenya we had a 40 degree spell that lasted a month. You survive it, that is all you can. One thing I did find useful was a bath of cold water, you can doze off in that quite easily after dark. But it is bloody scary when an elephant decides to drink your bath water.

Hayaa
02-03-2010, 10:44 PM

I drink an icey lassi when it's hot 8D

aadil77
02-03-2010, 10:46 PM

air conditioning, move country etc etc

Italianguy
02-03-2010, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hayaa

I drink an icey lassi when it's hot 8D
Mango Lassi is soooooo good:statisfie

sur
02-04-2010, 02:00 AM

Sister you just can't take 38C...!!!
Place I live in a.k.a Pak-istan, temperature goes to 50C, yes 50-centigrades, in summer.... & above that power outage for 8-12 hours a day... No fan,,, No A/C.... I used to work in farm under the sun in noons of june, july, ploughing earth, making "كيارياں" (i don't know English for them).

Best feeling u get in such condition is sitting under shade of a thick tree. Nothing better than that. But if u work indoors or don't have thick trees, then just turn A/C on & use pure cotton clothes, (NO artificial fibre or silk). Cotton keeps evaporation from skin well which is natural mechanism for cooling. Silk builds up moisture within clothes which slows down Joules Effect.i.e"Evaporation causes Cooling"

& u mentioned fatiguing.... best solution to that is taking shower say three to five times a day ....

ardianto
02-04-2010, 04:17 AM
Use an umbrella when you walk under the sun.
Drink much water for prevent you from dehydration.
Use a hand fan. If you have no hand fan You can use newspaper or magazine.

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
, move country etc etc
Where ?, to Indonesia ?. Not a good idea.

Italianguy
02-04-2010, 04:22 AM
Use an umbrella when you walk under the sun.
Drink much water for prevent you from dehydration.
Use a hand fan. If you have no hand fan You can use newspaper or magazine.

Where ?, to Indonesia ?. Not a good idea.
Move on over here to Virginia:D It does get really hot in the summer, but cool durring the winter:p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.