/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Overcoming our Differences

AnonymousPoster
01-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Researching the lives of the Rashidun (Righteously Guided) Khaliph instilled a great joy in how they practiced Islam in the face of so much adversity. When I concentrate on how they lived I realize how short we come in emulating the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (SAWS).

I also realize that Muslims are human and are fallible. Allah (SA) provides guidance when we differ on anything.

4:59 (Y. Ali) O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.

The way our Rashidun died brings tears to my eyes. :cry: The challenges they faced dealing with the Ummah still is a challenge today. (Differences)

Amir al-Mu'minin

Abu Bakr Siddique (radiAllaahu anhu) was Khaliph for two years and three months

Two accounts for cause of death:
a) Death by sickness
b) Poisoned food eaten a year before his death.

Umar the Great or Farooq the Great was Umar ibn al-Khattāb (radiAllaahu anhu) was Khaliph for ten years from 634– 644. Umar was assassinated

‘Uthmān ibn ‘Affān (radiAllaahu anhu) was Khaliph for twelve years from 644-656
Horrific assassination (numerous assassins)

Alī ibn Abī Tālib (radiAllaahu anhu) was Khaliph for five years from 656-661
Assassinated while praying in Kufa

If you find time perform Du’a for the Ummah

2:286 (Y. Ali) On no soul doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns. (Pray:) "Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.