/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite fruit or vegetable?

hanif_
01-26-2010, 10:26 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Bismilla hir Rahma nir Rahim

:sl:

What is your favorite fruit or vegetable? (Please stay on topic)

A fruit salad with a combination of Bananas, Dates, Grapes, Kiwi, Nuts, Honey, Oranges and Apples. :statisfie

Favorite Fruit: Kiwi or Bananas
Favorite Vegetable: Tomato

6:141 (Y. Ali) It is He Who produceth gardens, with trellises and without, and dates, and tilth with produce of all kinds, and olives and pomegranates, similar (in kind) and different (in variety): eat of their fruit in their season, but render the dues that are proper on the day that the harvest is gathered. But waste not by excess: for Allah loveth not the wasters.

13:4 (Y. Ali) And in the earth are tracts (diverse though) neighbouring, and gardens of vines and fields sown with corn, and palm trees - growing out of single roots or otherwise: watered with the same water, yet some of them We make more excellent than others to eat. Behold, verily in these things there are signs for those who understand!

16:11 (Y. Ali) With it He produces for you corn, olives, date-palms, grapes and every kind of fruit: verily in this is a sign for those who give thought.

56:29 (Y. Ali) Among Talh (Bananas) trees with flowers (or fruits) piled one above another,-

95:1 (Y. Ali) By the Fig and the Olive,

2:61 (Y. Ali) And remember ye said: "O Moses! we cannot endure one kind of food (always); so beseech thy Lord for us to produce for us of what the earth groweth, -its pot-herbs, and cucumbers, Its garlic, lentils, and onions." He said: "Will ye exchange the better for the worse? Go ye down to any town, and ye shall find what ye want!" They were covered with humiliation and misery; they drew on themselves the wrath of Allah. This because they went on rejecting the Signs of Allah and slaying His Messengers without just cause. This because they rebelled and went on transgressing.

19:25 (Y. Ali) "And shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree: It will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
01-26-2010, 10:29 PM
A fruit salad with a combination of Bananas, Dates, Grapes, Kiwi, Nuts, Honey, Oranges and Apples. :statisfie
Nice. Very interesting mix lol.

Cabdullahi
01-26-2010, 10:31 PM
my favourite fruit for eating is grapes,bananas for drinking either guava or mango

Donia
01-26-2010, 10:37 PM
:wa:

Fruits: Apples, Bananas

Vegetables: Corn, Broccoli, Spinach, Olives

Interestingly I really don't like to eat oranges but I like orange juice.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
01-26-2010, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia

Interestingly I really don't like to eat oranges but I like orange juice.
Me too i don't like drinking Guava but i like drinking Guava ?

Donia
01-26-2010, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Me too i don't like drinking Guava but i like drinking Guava ?

Maybe it's the texture?
Oranges just seem kind of slimy to me. lol.

hanif_
01-26-2010, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
Maybe it's the texture?
Oranges just seem kind of slimy to me. lol.

Ukhi Donia:

Do you refrigerate your fruit? Depending on the continent you are on fruits are usually not refrigerated. I refrigerate the majority of fruits with bananas being the exception.

Life_Is_Short
01-26-2010, 10:51 PM
I like green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach etc. In fruits i like pineapple. :statisfie

-Elle-
01-26-2010, 10:57 PM
pineapples, strawberries but my favorite are raspberries..

I love any kind of berries...

as for vegetables, spinach, potatoes, squash, and black olives...and I love garlic!

AlhamdulillAh!

Blackpool
01-26-2010, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hanif_
Favorite Fruit: Kiwi or Bananas
Favorite Vegetable: Tomato
Correction. A tomato is a fruit, not a vegetable.

My favourite

Fruit: Satsumas
Vegetable: Potatoes

Sawdah
01-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Favorite:
Fruit: watermelon
Vegetable: carrots

AlhamdulillAh!
Alhamdulillah indeed. :statisfie

Donia
01-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Ukhi Donia:

Do you refrigerate your fruit? Depending on the continent you are on fruits are usually not refrigerated. I refrigerate the majority of fruits with bananas being the exception.
I refrigerate all the fruits I buy except bananas and mangoes.

hanif_
01-26-2010, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
Correction. A tomato is a fruit, not a vegetable.

Vegetable: Potatoes
Akhi Blackpool:

I agree but reflect on the following distinction. Insha Allah

Is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable?

The confusion about 'fruit' and 'vegetable' arises because of the differences in usage between scientists and cooks. Scientifically speaking, a tomato is definitely a fruit. True fruits are developed from the ovary in the base of the flower, and contain the seeds of the plant (though cultivated forms may be seedless). Blueberries, raspberries, and oranges are true fruits, and so are many kinds of nut. Some plants have a soft part which supports the seeds and is also called a 'fruit', though it is not developed from the ovary: the strawberry is an example. As far as cooking is concerned, some things which are strictly fruits may be called 'vegetables' because they are used in savoury rather than sweet cooking. The tomato, though technically a fruit, is often used as a vegetable, and a bean pod is also technically a fruit. The term 'vegetable' is more generally used of other edible parts of plants, such as cabbage leaves, celery stalks, and potato tubers, which are not strictly the fruit of the plant from which they come. Occasionally the term 'fruit' may be used to refer to a part of a plant which is not a fruit, but which is used in sweet cooking: rhubarb, for example. So a tomato is the fruit of the tomato plant, but can be used as a vegetable in cooking.

hanif_
01-26-2010, 11:57 PM

If watermelon were firmer I would add it to the fruit salad. I forgot about the watermelon or melons in general. Very good and healthy fruits. :statisfie

Makes me smile when thinking about good and healthy eating.

kwolney01
01-27-2010, 12:29 AM
Favorite Fruit: Apples, Bananas, Mango

Favorite Vegetable: Broccoli, Carrots, Romaine Lettuce

Blackpool
01-27-2010, 01:10 AM
Akhi Blackpool:

I agree but reflect on the following distinction. Insha Allah

Is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable?

The confusion about 'fruit' and 'vegetable' arises because of the differences in usage between scientists and cooks. Scientifically speaking, a tomato is definitely a fruit. True fruits are developed from the ovary in the base of the flower, and contain the seeds of the plant (though cultivated forms may be seedless). Blueberries, raspberries, and oranges are true fruits, and so are many kinds of nut. Some plants have a soft part which supports the seeds and is also called a 'fruit', though it is not developed from the ovary: the strawberry is an example. As far as cooking is concerned, some things which are strictly fruits may be called 'vegetables' because they are used in savoury rather than sweet cooking. The tomato, though technically a fruit, is often used as a vegetable, and a bean pod is also technically a fruit. The term 'vegetable' is more generally used of other edible parts of plants, such as cabbage leaves, celery stalks, and potato tubers, which are not strictly the fruit of the plant from which they come. Occasionally the term 'fruit' may be used to refer to a part of a plant which is not a fruit, but which is used in sweet cooking: rhubarb, for example. So a tomato is the fruit of the tomato plant, but can be used as a vegetable in cooking.
Oh come on ;D The bottom line is that a tomato is a fruit, pick another vegetable.
I also love Mushrooms.... mmmmmm..

hanif_
01-27-2010, 01:27 AM
Akhi Blackpool:

Vegetable: Spinach and corn. (With tomato's :statisfie)

Banu_Hashim
01-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Favourite fruit:

Hayaa
01-27-2010, 05:11 AM
^ Yeah mangoes are amazing. And strawberries, watermelon, (chilled) pineapple, pomegranate, guava, fig, cantaloupe, and tangerines. I feel like I'm forgetting something :D

My vegetable list is longer.. so I won't bother. :p

hanif_
01-27-2010, 08:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Favourite fruit:

Banu Hashim:

The photo is delightful. I went to the store and purchased some mango's but they were not ripe. What is the best way to ripen mango's? :statisfie

glo
01-27-2010, 08:21 AM

Banu Hashim:

The photo is delightful. I went to the store and purchased some mango's but they were not ripe. What is the best way to ripen mango's? :statisfie
I suggest to put in in the fruit bowl with other fruit. Do not refrigerate.
They should ripen within 2-3 days.

Some people suggest putting the Mango in a paper bag for a couple of days. I have never tried that myself.

Paper Bags
Many fruits -- including avocados, bananas, pears, peaches, and tomatoes -- will ripen better when placed in a paper bag.To hasten the ripening process of any fruit, place an already ripe apple or banana peel in the same bag and store it at room temperature.

Once your fruits have adequately ripened, you can halt the process by putting them in the refrigerator.
http://www.rd.com/advice-and-know-ho...icle24579.html

S_87
01-27-2010, 12:59 PM

fruits- i love them all-but mainly eat bananas. then anything else when in season. though kiwis as nice as they taste gives me an itchy throat and weird feeling on tongue.
in summer, strawberries dipped in chocolate! a must. and cherries, lovely. grapes love them, prefer them seedless though ;)

vegetables-dont like brussel sprouts/cabbage (except in coleslaw)/brocoli etc much but love cucumbers,carrots, olives etc

Danah
01-27-2010, 01:18 PM

Fruits: Kiwi, Peach, Banana, strawberry, tangerines........actually there is no fruit I dont like :)
Vegetables: All except Okra, Radish, Green Pepper

sabr*
01-27-2010, 02:45 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

اشْهَدُ انْ لّآ اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ وَ اَشْهَدُ اَنَّ مُحَمَّدً اعَبْدُه وَ رسوله

Ašh hadu al-lā ilāha illā-llāhu, wa ašh hadu anna Muhammadun ‘abduhu wa rasūluhu
I bear witness that none is worthy of worship but Allah, the One alone, without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Fruit: Every fruit that is sweet. Bananas, Grapes, Blueberries
Vegetable: Corn

sevgi
01-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Fruit: Nashis, apricots, peaches, lychees, mangos.

Vegetables: Eggplant, carrots, cucumbers.

I generally eat everything...except odd animal organs.

hanif_
01-27-2010, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi
Fruit: Nashis, Lychees,

Ukh sevgi:

I had to research the Nashis and Lychees Fruits. Thanks Ukh sevgi

Pyrus pyrifolia is a pear tree species native to China, Japan, and Korea. The tree's edible fruit is known by many names, including: Asian pear, nashi (Japanese: ナシ) or nashi pear, Japanese pear, Korean pear, Taiwan pear, sand pear, apple pear, bae (Korean: 배), or li (Chinese: 梨). In South Asia, the fruit is known as nashipati or nashpati.

The lychee (usual English spelling) or laichi and lichu is the sole member of the genus Litchi in the soapberry family, Sapindaceae. It is a tropical and subtropical fruit tree. It is primarily found in China, India, Madagascar, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, Southern Africa and Mexico. It is a fragranced fruit with a sweet taste.

جوري
01-27-2010, 04:44 PM
I like carrots, cucumbers and celery and have them almost everyday coupled with blue cheese salad dressing..

I like all kinds of fruits with the exception of apples and pears and that is because I have had an apple a day for as long as I remember, my father forces me to have an apple everyday so even when I am away from home I eat that abominable fruit just to please him in absentia ..
I don't like fruits that are too sweet which is exactly way I lean more toward vegetables than fruits..

:w:

Cabdullahi
01-27-2010, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi
Fruit: Nashis,
HASHISH? :eek:

Asiyah3
01-27-2010, 05:03 PM
My favorite is a pomegranate and watermellon :D

cihad
01-27-2010, 05:26 PM
turshu -pickled veg
pomegranates -i have about 14 growing in the garden right now
olives
strawberries
cherries
hard green mangoes with salt

i could go in forever

Banu_Hashim
01-27-2010, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I suggest to put in in the fruit bowl with other fruit. Do not refrigerate.
They should ripen within 2-3 days.

Some people suggest putting the Mango in a paper bag for a couple of days. I have never tried that myself.

http://www.rd.com/advice-and-know-ho...icle24579.html
Really? I thought it was fine to refrigerate them. Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Banu_Hashim
01-27-2010, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hayaa
^ Yeah mangoes are amazing. And strawberries, watermelon, (chilled) pineapple, pomegranate, guava, fig, cantaloupe, and tangerines. I feel like I'm forgetting something :D

My vegetable list is longer.. so I won't bother. :p

You like vegetables better than fruit?!?!?

And the other fruit you mentioned, I love them too... chilled watermelon or cantaloupe on a hot summers day... ahhhhh....

Hayaa
01-27-2010, 07:06 PM
^ Well, they're easier to come by than some of the fruits.

syilla
01-28-2010, 01:14 AM

Mangosteen on my desk :D muahaha :p

sevgi
01-28-2010, 01:46 AM

Ukh sevgi:

I had to research the Nashis and Lychees Fruits. Thanks Ukh sevgi

Pyrus pyrifolia is a pear tree species native to China, Japan, and Korea. The tree's edible fruit is known by many names, including: Asian pear, nashi (Japanese: ナシ) or nashi pear, Japanese pear, Korean pear, Taiwan pear, sand pear, apple pear, bae (Korean: 배), or li (Chinese: 梨). In South Asia, the fruit is known as nashipati or nashpati.

The lychee (usual English spelling) or laichi and lichu is the sole member of the genus Litchi in the soapberry family, Sapindaceae. It is a tropical and subtropical fruit tree. It is primarily found in China, India, Madagascar, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, Southern Africa and Mexico. It is a fragranced fruit with a sweet taste.
Hahaha! Thanks for that!

They arent that exotic around here. I hope you get to try some one day! Lychees are expensive though...but Im sure you can find lychee drinks and teas at your supermarket :S

:)

MT2
01-28-2010, 02:32 AM
fruits: watermelon, berries, plums, mangoes, bananas, & guavas
vegetables: cucumbers, spinach, green peppers, radish, & parsley

Banu_Hashim
01-28-2010, 02:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MT2
fruits: watermelon, berries, plums, mangoes, bananas, & guavas
vegetables: cucumbers, spinach, green peppers, radish, & parsley
Parsley's a vegetable is it? I thought it was a herb:hmm:

MT2
01-28-2010, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Parsley's a vegetable is it? I thought it was a herb:hmm:
You're right but there's a minority that consider parsley a vegetable...

hanif_
01-28-2010, 05:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MT2
You're right but there's a minority that consider parsley a vegetable...

MT2:

The definition of Parsley:

an herb, Pertoselinum crispum, native to the Mediterranean, having either curled leaf clusters (French parsley) or flat compound leaves (Italian parsley), widely cultivated for use in garnishing or seasoning food.
the leaves of this plant, used to garnish or season food.

Another type of parsley is grown as a root vegetable, as with the hamburg root parsley. This type of parsley produces much thicker roots than types cultivated for their leaves.

Root vegetables are plant roots used as vegetables. Only added to the confusion. The plant roots are planted next to other vegetables to attract them from other vegetables.

Blackpool
01-28-2010, 09:59 AM
GARLIC!!!! I lOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEE GARLIC. If I have no plans to go out then I love to stick garlic right in between my jacket potato, on my toast, with my veg, in my pasta and plenty of it. Sod the people :)

Cabdullahi
01-28-2010, 10:02 AM
^ smelly breaf

Tilmeez
01-28-2010, 10:08 AM
For me mango, Grapes and dates. Any time any quantity:p

I feel lack of pics.:shade:

'Abdul Rahmaan
01-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Melon, Orange and Mango while in vegetables only Pumpkin and Turnip.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
01-28-2010, 11:46 AM

My fav. fruits are: Grapes (seedless), Mangoes, Banana, Tangerine, Tamarind, Pineapple, n lots more tropical fruits!!

My fav. Vegetables are: Eggplants, Squash (the ones we get in south america), & pumpkin.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Aslaamu`alaaykum :)

My fave geeky Fruitz are: Oranges, Cherries, Strawberries,Grapes, Green Apples, and more, but i cant remmeber the names sorry :(

My fave geeky Vegz: Spinach, Potatoes, Cauliflower, Carrots,and loads more i cant see to remmeber the geeky names :|..sorry once again:(

Ps. there are some fruits and vegs of whose names i dont know the names of so yeah :)
hope i helpd :\ However, all fruits and Vegz are a blessing from Allaah Allmighty :)

Cabdullahi
01-28-2010, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujaheedah

My fav. fruits are: Grapes (seedless), Mangoes, Banana, Tangerine, Tamarind, Pineapple, n lots more tropical fruits!!

My fav. Vegetables are: Eggplants, Squash (the ones we get in south america), & pumpkin.
Don't rub salt in the wound :(

ardianto
01-28-2010, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujaheedah

Do you like Squash ?. You must buy this racquet.

Ansariyah
01-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Fruit: I love Guava...Mango, Water'melon, Banana, Grapes, all sweet fruits except sour ones.

Veggies: Sweet patatoe, Cucumber, Pumpkin, , salad, Peppers, green/red/yellow I dont discriminate!¬

hanif_
01-28-2010, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Fruit: I love Guava...Mango, Water'melon, Banana, Grapes, all sweet fruits except sour ones.

Veggies: Sweet patatoe, Cucumber, Pumpkin, , salad, Peppers, green/red/yellow I dont discriminate!¬

Every time someone posts their favorite you think about a fruit or vegetable you forgot about that is delicious. I will bake a Sweet Potato tonight.

Thanks

BintAbee
01-29-2010, 03:51 PM

Fruit: dates (fresh and dried), bananas, granadillas, sweet mellon, spanspek, pawpaw/ papaya, watermelon, grapes (black, green, red), mangoes (round ones and long ones and the green ones in a pickle), strawberries, cherries :wub: < I can finish a whole punnet on my own :embarrass, pineapple, pears, peaches (especially cling peaches), plums, apricots :wub: < we call them "mish mish" in our house, it's the arabic word and it sounds much cuter :X, apples (in fruitsalad), oranges, kiwi fruit, avocado pear (in dessert), prunes.

Unfortunately I don't particularly like the taste of figs and olives and neither do I like pomegranates coz they difficult to eat :X but I feel bad coz these are mentioned in the Quraan imsad

Vegetables: lettuce, cucumber, carrots, cauliflower, sweet potato, butternut, gem squash, baby marrow, patty pan, corn/ mealies, broccoli, green beans, madoombi (lol I dunno what's the other name for this :X), bindi, karela< dunno the english names, they are Indian names :X, eggplant, spinach :wub:, onions (cooked), shalot (in egg), peppers (cooked).

There's probably a few that I've forgotten. I'll post again when I remember.

hanif_
01-30-2010, 08:54 PM

BintAbee:

you added a twist to the fruits.

The Granadillas are a fruit native to Ecuador. (How does it taste?)

The South Africans call cantaloupes spanspek which is actually named after the papal garden of Cantaloupe, Italy where is was cultivated in the sixteenth century. Cantaloupes date back before Isa (AS) 2400 BCE

Jazakillahu Khair

BintAbee
01-30-2010, 08:59 PM
:wa:

Granadillas have a sour taste. Sometimes we put them into juice, but i like to eat them with a spoon from the peel.

I never knew cantaloupes were the same as spanspek. Jazakallah Khair!

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
01-30-2010, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Do you like Squash ?. You must buy this racquet.

;D;D Its the veg. NOT game!!;D;D

Beardo
01-30-2010, 11:47 PM
I love all fruits. Watermelon, mangos especially.

I love all vegetables except bittergourd and zuccinni. however you spell them.

cat eyes
01-30-2010, 11:54 PM
i dont like fruits that are to sweet. i tend to eat alot of veg. i love veg. when i am in the mood for fruit i eat apple or a pear :)

hanif_
02-02-2010, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I love all fruits. Watermelon, mangos especially.

I love all vegetables except bittergourd and zuccinni. however you spell them.

Akhi Rashad:

Thank you for sharing. There are so many fruits that are delicious could you really only have one favorite?

format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i dont like fruits that are to sweet. i tend to eat alot of veg. i love veg. when i am in the mood for fruit i eat apple or a pear :)

Uhkti cat eyes:

That is the first time I heard someone not liking the sweet taste of fruit. The sweet tastes is what I enjoy about fruit. A sweet Kiwi.

hanif_
02-03-2010, 03:04 PM

What is the most exotic fruit that is sweet that anyone can recommend?

PS: Sukhranallah crazy lady! Combining two comments to two different posters never occurred to me. Why not just make one post to address everyone?

BintAbee
02-03-2010, 03:32 PM
^dates :D .

Woodrow
02-03-2010, 03:37 PM
There is no way I could name a favorite fruit or vegetable and have the list stay consistent from day to day.

My likes will differ from day to day and sometimes even in the same day. I would say my tastes are very much determined by the climate, weather, season of the year, time of day, my own mood (Happy, sad, pensive etc), and how long it has been since I last had something. I believe it would be safe to say that at some point in a year each and every fruit will at one time be my favorite.

One exception: Tomatoes, (My hidden secret, I detest them) I can not stand the taste of tomatoes in any form or in any sauce, salad, soup, etc.

But I always end up putting them in almost everything I cook as they seem to have become an ingredient in every thing.

I feel like a traitor to cooking now that I let the world know my dark, hidden secret. GADS, admitting I hate tomatoes is like I just made my worse sin public.

hanif_
02-03-2010, 11:43 PM

Woodrow:

Your post made me laugh for a while. I really enjoy all natually sweet fruit.

Jazakillahu Khair

sur
02-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Mango, Orange (ones in Pakistan, NOT the genetically modified ones found in US/Canada),

Veges = almost all, esp mix vegetables that my mother makes.

Also roasted shakar kandi (I think they call it sweet potato!!!)

SweetCherryPie
02-04-2010, 07:37 AM
For fruit salad : Grape, mango, apple, watermelon, dragonfruit, orange and pineapple. I can't take kiwi - am allergic to it.

I don't know what it is called in English but there's one fruit I love to eat on its own - Ciku!

Vegetables - any type! I love veggies!

north_malaysian
02-04-2010, 08:34 AM
I love bananas, mangoes, watermelons, rambutans, papayas, dragonfruits, honey dew melons, loh kum (mandarin orange), tomatoes (love those like crazy), butterhead lettuce, mangosteens, mushrooms, eggplants, spinach..

syilla
02-04-2010, 08:51 AM
i don't know what you called this...but it is a small orange which can you eat it with the skins... love it :D

Woodrow
02-04-2010, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
i don't know what you called this...but it is a small orange which can you eat it with the skins... love it :D

Here in the US they are called Kumquats. They are good.

Certain times of the years we can get them fresh, but they can be found preserved in syrup year round.

Sometimes used to make a jam called Marmalade. Not all Marmalades are made with Kumquats, but those are the best. Have to read the label to see if they are made from kumquats or other type oranges.

cat eyes
02-04-2010, 04:33 PM

Akhi Rashad:

Thank you for sharing. There are so many fruits that are delicious could you really only have one favorite?

Uhkti cat eyes:

That is the first time I heard someone not liking the sweet taste of fruit. The sweet tastes is what I enjoy about fruit. A sweet Kiwi.
i just love kiwi's but some fruits are just to sweet for my liking :) really sweet bananas are impossible for me to eat. this is the exact face i make, when something really sweet touches my tongue :enough!:

tango92
02-04-2010, 10:16 PM
chinese pears

like a bottle of sweet water, only solid!!!

*~Sofia~*
02-04-2010, 10:22 PM
mangoes..yum! :D

syilla
02-05-2010, 01:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Here in the US they are called Kumquats. They are good.

Certain times of the years we can get them fresh, but they can be found preserved in syrup year round.

Sometimes used to make a jam called Marmalade. Not all Marmalades are made with Kumquats, but those are the best. Have to read the label to see if they are made from kumquats or other type oranges.
wow...thats interesting. I never knew that you can find it in US and they're making jam from it.

Jazakallah khayr for sharing with us :D

north_malaysian
02-05-2010, 02:38 AM

small orange that can be eaten with the skin? i dont know that... can find it in Malaysia? what's the Malay name of it...

p/s: talking about oranges.... it's Chinese New Year season and I got lots of oranges...:D

syilla
02-05-2010, 02:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
small orange that can be eaten with the skin? i dont know that... can find it in Malaysia? what's the Malay name of it...

p/s: talking about oranges.... it's Chinese New Year season and I got lots of oranges...:D
Of course you can find this in Malaysia... even in Kelantan or even at Giant...huhuhu

it is good to have lots of Vit c's... good for the skin. :exhausted

Italianguy
02-05-2010, 02:56 AM
I going to have to say my favorite isssss....Jalebi!:statisfie I know , i know..it's not a vegetable or a fruit but...i just made it one;D

I like Mangoes...allotttt ( i mean come on..., i am married to an Indian;D)

And Lychees:statisfie

Almost forgot Grapples

http://www.grapplefruits.com/

north_malaysian
02-05-2010, 03:05 AM
Of course you can find this in Malaysia... even in Kelantan or even at Giant...huhuhu

it is good to have lots of Vit c's... good for the skin. :exhausted
are you talking about those small mandarin oranges (with the leaves)?

syilla
02-05-2010, 03:09 AM
are you talking about those small mandarin oranges (with the leaves)?
nope...those skins are not edible... unless you want to try to eat it :uuh:

north_malaysian
02-05-2010, 03:09 AM
Something like this one?

syilla
02-05-2010, 03:15 AM
^^^nope thats not the one. those skins are too tough to it. :hmm:

north_malaysian
02-05-2010, 03:21 AM
Rambutans!!!!! Yummy!!!

Italianguy
02-05-2010, 04:57 AM
Rambutans!!!!! Yummy!!!

Aren't those lychees?

Beardo
02-05-2010, 05:04 AM
My mom got me pineapples since I'm sick.

I like'm, but they start tasting bitter if you have too many. Or is it because I'm sick?

EDIT:

When I say sick, I mean physically sick, like a flu. Not mentally ill. Making that clear. :X

Italianguy
02-05-2010, 05:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
My mom got me pineapples since I'm sick.

I like'm, but they start tasting bitter if you have too many. Or is it because I'm sick?

EDIT:

When I say sick, I mean physically sick, like a flu. Not mentally ill. Making that clear. :X
Dude that happens to me too? I eat to much of it and it burns my tounge? Maybe too much acid?

hanif_
02-05-2010, 05:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i just love kiwi's but some fruits are just to sweet for my liking :) really sweet bananas are impossible for me to eat. this is the exact face i make, when something really sweet touches my tongue :enough!:

cat eyes:

You got me to laugh. You got me with that smiley. That is usually the face someone makes when tasting something sour. We at least agree kiwi's are delightful.

syilla
02-05-2010, 07:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Aren't those lychees?
nope they aren't... lychees has no hair.

north_malaysian
02-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Aren't those lychees?
lychees dont have hairy skins... :D

"Rambutan" means "hairiness" in Malaysian language

ardianto
02-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Aren't those lychees?
No those are Rambutans. Lychee is Rambutan's cousin.

Rambutan :
Ordo :Sapindales
Family : Sapindaceae
Genus :Nephelium
Species : N.Lappaceum

Lychee
Ordo : Sapindales
Genus : Litchi
Species : L.Chinensis.

These are Lychees.

north_malaysian
02-05-2010, 08:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
No those are Rambutans. Lychee is Rambutan's cousin.

Rambutan :
Ordo :Sapindales
Genus :Nephelium
Species : N.Lappaceum

Lychee
Ordo : Sapindales
Genus : Litchi
Species : L.Chinensis.

These are Lychees.
I love Ribena with lychees inside..... tasted it at Secret Recipe

layla is here
02-05-2010, 11:41 AM
favourite fruit: apples, bananas, strawberries
favourite vegetable: green olives

SweetCherryPie
02-05-2010, 12:40 PM
I love Ribena with lychees inside..... tasted it at Secret Recipe
One of the best things with this forum is that whenever I mention a place in KL, Malaysia ... I'm pretty sure some would know the place ... case in point, Secret Recipe! If I mentioned that on another forum I'm a member of, they wouldn't know whack about that place! ;D

Italianguy
02-05-2010, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by layla is here
favourite fruit: apples, bananas, strawberries
favourite vegetable: green olives
I love Olives!:D Green and black olives...i eat them straight out of the jar:statisfie

north_malaysian
02-06-2010, 06:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SweetCherryPie
One of the best things with this forum is that whenever I mention a place in KL, Malaysia ... I'm pretty sure some would know the place ... case in point, Secret Recipe! If I mentioned that on another forum I'm a member of, they wouldn't know whack about that place! ;D

there are "Secret Recipe" outlets in almost all major cities in Malaysia... "Secret Recipe" is so famous with cheesecakes ...

waqas maqsood
02-08-2010, 03:46 AM
Favourite fruit: Bananas and Cherries

Favourite Vegetable: None

One vegetable that I dislike the most and never eat: Green Peas. Don't know why, I just don't like it. Tried it once time ago and vomitted it out.

hanif_
02-09-2010, 07:12 AM

waqas maqsood:

If the cherries are sweet they are unbelievably good. Using the bananas and sweet cherries in a fruit salad provides a great mix.

Thank you for posting.....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.