/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to help earthquake struck Haitians.

Life_Is_Short
01-27-2010, 12:39 AM
:sl:

This is a great opportunity for me to help the needy because i am on a gap year. If i was at college, i could have done something with the prayer room sisters. imsad Last year they raised a lot of money for bangladesh flood. May Allah reward them greatly.
The only idea i have in mind at the moment is getting a job and donating the money. My parents are going to say we'll donate the money but i really want to do something by myself. This is something very rewarding and i have a great opportunity.

Do you have any other ideas?

Jazak'Allah Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
OurIslamic
01-27-2010, 12:44 AM
Teach people about what's going on in the world...that's the best thing to do. Give them knowledge.

Life_Is_Short
01-27-2010, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
Teach people about what's going on in the world...that's the best thing to do. Give them knowledge.
This is a big responsibility and there are certain steps one needs to take before giving knowledge.

cat eyes
01-27-2010, 01:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
:sl:

This is a great opportunity for me to help the needy because i am on a gap year. If i was at college, i could have done something with the prayer room sisters. imsad Last year they raised a lot of money for bangladesh flood. May Allah reward them greatly.
The only idea i have in mind at the moment is getting a job and donating the money. My parents are going to say we'll donate the money but i really want to do something by myself. This is something very rewarding and i have a great opportunity.

Do you have any other ideas?

Jazak'Allah Khair.
sister id speak with a scholar about whether you should spend your charity on non muslims or not.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
OurIslamic
01-27-2010, 01:31 AM
I can't believe you just said that :(

Some Haitians are Muslims too, plus, we need to help out fellow human beings.

cat eyes
01-27-2010, 01:33 AM
I can't believe you just said that :(

Some Haitians are Muslims too, plus, we need to help out fellow human beings.
what do u mean that u cant believe i just said that?. well i did say it. most organisations use that money against muslims please think before you post.

OurIslamic
01-27-2010, 01:36 AM
Aiding Haitians, providing food/water to them, etc = against Muslims?

Life_Is_Short
01-27-2010, 01:39 AM
What if i give the money to a muslim organisation after having researched their aim ?

cat eyes
01-27-2010, 01:40 AM
Aiding Haitians, providing food/water to them, etc = against Muslims?
no point explaining:rollseyes

OurIslamic
01-27-2010, 01:41 AM
You can do so if you like. Talk to brother Rashad, he's setting up some donations through Muslim Relief USA (I think it's called that). I'd advise you to send him a PM, maybe you can do it through that.

OurIslamic
01-27-2010, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
no point explaining:rollseyes
Just tell me...seriously, I want to know.

I thought that it's a good cause to donate to. IB is doing it, and brother Rashad is helping others send their money to Haiti through jannahrelief.com. I'm sure that he wouldn't have posted his thread on IB without consulting IB staff, so I'm pretty sure that they endorse it as well. Can you please tell me what's wrong with donating to Haiti, sister?

cat eyes
01-27-2010, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
What if i give the money to a muslim organisation after having researched their aim ?
sister id do research about the organisation before you give any money. there is an awful lot of things that people don't know and are not aware of. and find a muslim organisation if possible to give aid directly to the muslims but i dont think thats even possible and i havent heard of any muslim organisation going out there correct me if im wrong

Life_Is_Short
01-27-2010, 01:51 AM
Islamic Relief and Muslim Hands.

cat eyes
01-27-2010, 01:53 AM
so this aid is going directly to muslims? theres muslims actually there giving aid? sorry i just want to know.

Life_Is_Short
01-27-2010, 01:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
so this aid is going directly to muslims? theres muslims actually there giving aid? sorry i just want to know.
Yes if you click on the link there are pictures and videos.

cat eyes
01-27-2010, 02:01 AM
jazakAllah i hope the muslims there will get everything they need inshaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.