/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Bad Sufi - DAWN Publishing Group

CosmicPathos
01-27-2010, 03:18 PM
:sl:
Without any offense to those "Sufis" who follow the religion and sharia of Muhammad pbuh, can you please give your views about this article? I think the author is grossly mistaken! Any credible Western historian will laugh at this author's conclusions, which he seemingly derived from personal opinion and by reading only ONE book on Sufism!! He seems to be a secularist snake and DAWN newspaper is known for its atheistic agenda in Pakistan. In other words, this article is one such attack on religion; this time Sufism is tainted with one color!

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/...bad-sufi-ss-02
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
02-03-2010, 08:36 AM
I dont practise Sufism... but I think that there are too many sufi sects worldwide.... some are so deviated from Islam... I've seen a clip from youtube where a Sufi group in Egypt has men and women dancing together on the Shaykh's Birthday... it's annoying :exhausted

Sampharo
03-01-2010, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
I think the author is grossly mistaken! Any credible Western historian will laugh at this author's conclusions, which he seemingly derived from personal opinion and by reading only ONE book on Sufism!!
I read the article, but I am not sure exactly what you are referring to in terms of "Any credible Western historian will laugh at this author's conclusions". Can you elaborate what it is that you feel the author grossly misrepresented about sufism?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.