/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forgiveness of Shirk

AlHoda
01-27-2010, 07:45 PM
:sl:

I have a question that has been on my mind lately. You see, I know someone who commited Shirk, this person did it for very ridicilous and stupid reasons. Anyway I would like to know wheter Shirk is really unforgiveable, also can this person start to pray again, and act according Islamic law. It is very confusing, she was a muslim, but never told her parents about what she did. So does that mean she is a Moonafiq? I would like some help on this one.

Jazak´allah

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
happy
02-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Asalama Caleykum sis one thing you need to understand is that does this person want to repent? Shirk is the most serious sin but at the same time Allah says in the quran, "And seek forgiveness of Allah. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

"And whoever does evil or wrongs himself but afterwards seeks Allah's forgiveness, he will find Allah Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.'' (4:110)

Basically Allah forgive every sin even shirk if you repent from it.

cat eyes
02-08-2010, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda

I have a question that has been on my mind lately. You see, I know someone who commited Shirk, this person did it for very ridicilous and stupid reasons. Anyway I would like to know wheter Shirk is really unforgiveable, also can this person start to pray again, and act according Islamic law. It is very confusing, she was a muslim, but never told her parents about what she did. So does that mean she is a Moonafiq? I would like some help on this one.

Jazak´allah

:wa:
well did she know shirk was wrong before doing it? you see some people committ shirk without even realising it or only finding out later that its a serious sin in islam. well we cannot say whether Allah will forgive her or not because then we would be making our own judgements and thats a sin in itself! she is a born muslim but has she ever studied the qur'an?

A-Believer-25
02-08-2010, 02:38 PM

If she is commiting shirk, then she has to repent in order to be forgiven. Allah only forgives shirk if the person sincerely repents from it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.