/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm in a bad shape

Luthfox
01-28-2010, 05:48 AM
:sl:

I have prayed since High School to be given the best way, through His Wisdom. I had gone to psychologists for my future. Now, I'm attending industrial engineering. But I dislike it. I wasn't attending tests because I knew I wouldn't pass. And, in fact, I just have realized maybe I should attend something I'm interested from long time ago, and that's art. And I have a talent on it. However, engineering college is the best in my country, thus I stick with it. And for my parents too....

Was I not patient enough? Really, what is fate? My mother told me that everybody loves art and entertainment, but my friends still got good grades, is that reasonable?

Half of the suggestions told me to walk on the way I like, and half of them disapprove. Sigh, I'm in a bad shape, right now...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Italianguy
01-28-2010, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Luthfox

I have prayed since High School to be given the best way, through His Wisdom. I had gone to psychologists for my future. Now, I'm attending industrial engineering. But I dislike it. I wasn't attending tests because I knew I wouldn't pass. And, in fact, I just have realized maybe I should attend something I'm interested from long time ago, and that's art. And I have a talent on it. However, engineering college is the best in my country, thus I stick with it. And for my parents too....

Was I not patient enough? Really, what is fate? My mother told me that everybody loves art and entertainment, but my friends still got good grades, is that reasonable?

Half of the suggestions told me to walk on the way I like, and half of them disapprove. Sigh, I'm in a bad shape, right now...
Sorry to hear about this stress bro. Have you researched a degree in the arts? Does Islam permit it? Engineering is a great study. Although Industrial engineers here(USA) have no jobs anymoreimsad. What about Architecture?

God be with you!

Snowflake
01-28-2010, 06:47 AM
:sl: Bro, you can do art as a long as it doesn't involve drawing/painting animate beings. It can be anything from abstracts to landscapes. Check out this brother, who has turned graffiti into Islamic art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v5irBnYHyw

http://www.aerosolarabic.com/v2/index.php

Do something you enjoy. Go for it inshaAllah.

:wa:

Woodrow
01-28-2010, 06:47 AM

People go through stages. Part of these stages are our work life. Most of us start with a job. a job is not necessarily an enjoyment it is a necessity to provide for the needs of life. As we become more secure we begin to branch out into our actual vocations and callings. With patience we then seek the means of starting a professional life in our calling/vocation after we become secure in that and the amount of a paycheck is of little concern we are free to explore our avocations, which is work we truly love and would even do for free.

All things come in stages, some people seem to pass through them faster then others, but the reality is one person's job my be another person's avocation and one person's avocation may be another person's job.

do not envy the work you see another doing, you may love what they are doing and wish you were doing the same, yet that person may hate it and is doing it out of necessity.

We all will spend nearly one third of our lives in our workplace, we will live more of our lives in our place of employment then we will have lived in the pleasure and security of our parent's home. We may not always love our job, but we can strive to love our workplace either for the companionship of friends or for the security it brings into our lives.

Our avocations will come at the best possible times for us.

While it is very poor practice to skip from job to job, always keep in mind you are not married to any work, your loyalty only requires you do and honest day's work for an honest day's pay. Your agreement or contact only needs to b fulfilled to the extent you agreed to. Fulfill that first and seek to fulfill your dreams in a manner that does not violate your contract.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hanif_
01-28-2010, 07:37 AM

Akhi Luthfox:

Do not despair. If you put your trust in Allah a way will be made for you. The people around you have your best interests at heart. Their experience allows them the insight to know you will have to make a living it life and take care of yourself and possible a future family. They don't call them elders for nothing.

Ultimately you have to be happy with whatever you decide.

3:186 (Y. Ali) Ye shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves; and ye shall certainly Hear much that will grieve you, from those who received the Book before you and from those who worship many gods. But if ye persevere patiently, and guard against evil,-then that will be a determining factor in all affairs.

99:6 (Y. Ali) On that Day will men proceed in companies sorted out, to be shown the deeds that they (had done).

99:7 (Y. Ali) Then shall anyone who has done an atom's weight of good, see it!

99:8 (Y. Ali) And anyone who has done an atom's weight of evil, shall see it.

13:11 (Y. Ali) For each (such person) there are (angels) in succession, before and behind him: They guard him by command of Allah. Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls). But when (once) Allah willeth a people's punishment, there can be no turning it back, nor will they find, besides Him, any to protect.

syilla
01-28-2010, 09:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
:sl: Bro, you can do art as a long as it doesn't involve drawing/painting animate beings. It can be anything from abstracts to landscapes. Check out this brother, who has turned graffiti into Islamic art.

MashaAllah he is sooo good. This can be called khat am i right?

Italianguy
01-28-2010, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

Your going to get him put in jail for vandalism!lol But it is good work though:shade: He didn't tag it?

cat eyes
01-28-2010, 05:42 PM
wow this type of art is permitted? i was to busy looking at the bright fancy colors that i didnt even realise what he had written.

Asiyah3
01-28-2010, 05:54 PM
My sister is now studying medicine. During her last year of upper secondary school she wanted to become a construction engineer. She was very stressed and confused whether to do what my parents wanted her to study, medicine or engineering- she was between those two walls. Now after time passed she applied to medicine and now she undrestands how lucky she is and is very grateful that she got a chance to study it.

Now this doesn't apply to your case, I

cat eyes
01-28-2010, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
My sister is now studying medicine. During her last year of upper secondary school she wanted to become a construction engineer. She was very stressed and confused whether to do what my parents wanted her to study, medicine or engineering- she was between those two walls. Now after time passed she applied to medicine and now she undrestands how lucky she is and is very grateful that she got a chance to study it.

Now this doesn't apply to your case, I
theres also more money in medicine then there is in construction engineering theres also more jobs in medicine then there is in engineering. she choose the right one. so many people have lost there jobs in construction since the ressession hit

Asiyah3
01-28-2010, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
theres also more money in medicine then there is in construction engineering theres also more jobs in medicine then there is in engineering. she choose the right one. so many people have lost there jobs in construction since the ressession hit
Very true

There are many points to consider while choosing a career though it's not wise to choose something you dislike

Asiyah3
01-28-2010, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Your going to get him put in jail for vandalism!lol But it is good work though:shade: He didn't tag it?
Huh? :uhwhat (didn't get that one)

syilla
01-29-2010, 03:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Actually if you go to the website...he didn't draw it on a wall but actually on a billboard :)

Life_Is_Short
01-29-2010, 04:18 AM
Are you definite engineering is not something you enjoy? Sometimes you develop interest as you learn more. :hmm:

Hugo
01-30-2010, 10:45 PM

Life is often a struggle and it is at times like this that you might need to seek help. Most Colleges will have teams of people to help you talk it all through so my advice would be to find out who or where they are and talk it over - the decision will be yours but its often a very good idea just to pour it all out to someone who will listen to you.

It is also almost always possible to change course even if you end up losing a term or even a year, it better to do that that stay with something that might be wrong. BUT don't just see that as a 'way out' because then you might go from the frying pan into the fire as we say.

Talk it over with the counsellor, you tutor your friends, you parents but they are there to LISTEN to you not to tell you what to do because you need to get it all straight in your own mind so don't rush it.

Blessings

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.