/* */

PDA

View Full Version : studying after taking a looooong break

Ummu Sufyaan
01-28-2010, 08:40 AM
:sl:
its been quite a while (yrs) since i decided to discontinue with a certain course i was doing and im now contemplating on going back and completing it BUT i don't remember anything....if i pick up where i left off, i can see myself having a lot of difficulty understanding the material.
has anyone been down this path? did you find it difficult to understand after such a long gap? how did you overcome it.

and another thing: do you find yourself having a lot of trouble studying :? like the fact that you are practically restrained from freedom and have to stick to your guns to study, do you find that very off putting :-\ i like doing things in my own time and at my own pace and going to an educational institute from hr x to hr y is really "erking" me. 3 hrs a day max (if even that) i could handle it...anything above that makes me disheartened :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
01-29-2010, 04:43 AM
:sl:
It depends on how long you've been out of studies but, nevertheless humans have the ability to adapt to their environment therefore you'll soon adapt especially when you will be bombarded with a bucket load of deadlines. You will automatically get into the swing of things. Do extra study to catch up and insh'Allah everything will be ok.

May Allah help you, insh'Allah

*Yasmin*
01-29-2010, 02:52 PM
salam 3lekum

your feelings are so normal don't worry it can be , all you need is time till tou get used
you think you won't be able to understand afer along gap or you won't be able to continue understanding from where you left after the course but all of that is normal and you can remove this feeling after a really short time after continuing again .. yani from an experince i'm saying that .. i took a gap year after high school for ex and i learned physics on grade 11 but despite this i discovered after attending university i still remember not just the material but also how to solve physics problems even without taking the classes ! which i didn't think for a moment i will be able to understand/remember anything from the subject after three years from the last time i learned phyiscs !

yani sister all you need to do is to believe in your abilities .. and think positively .. cuz you can be whatever you think you can to be ,,and you can do whatever you think you can to do ..
maybe your first step to remove this feeling is to take a deep glance to the material you leanred in the course to be in the air again .. and step by step you can handle understaning the rest of the course ..
and another thing: do you find yourself having a lot of trouble studying
ofcourse , but we have to keep ourself motivated . else we'll do nothing ..

wish for you the best ;)
salam

glo
01-29-2010, 03:26 PM
I did an OU course a couple of years ago - my first proper studying after many, many years.
It took a little getting used to, but I also found it very stimulating and rewarding!

Go for it! I'm sure you'll love it. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.