/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal v Manchester United to be shown in 3D

Blackpool
01-28-2010, 11:01 AM
Sky will show the world's first live 3D TV sports broadcast this weekend after being helped by the man behind the Hollywood blockbuster movie Avatar.

The broadcaster will screen the Premier League match between Arsenal and Manchester United in 3D in nine selected pubs on Sunday.

Football fans in London, Manchester, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Dublin will wear special glasses to see the game in an extra dimension.

However, Sky has not revealed which pubs are involved, to avoid a stampede to see the game which might ruin the experience for the regulars.

The new technology helps to show the difficulties a rugby player faces kicking a conversion, the distance between sprinters as they cross the finish line and the skill and length of an incisive cross-field pass in football.

The clash at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium will be the public's first taste of live 3D football ahead of Sky's dedicated 3D channel which launches in April.

The broadcaster has been developing its 3D system for two years and its team even travelled to America to visit the pioneer of modern 3D cinema, Avatar director James Cameron.

Darren Long, Sky Sports director of operations, said: "James is a massive evangelist about 3D and he lives, breathes and eats 3D and just wants to see good 3D out there.

"For him, it was about how we were going to do it, what equipment we were going to use, what were our filming techniques.

"He's all about 'Get the message out there, get it out well and to the people properly'."

Mr Long dismissed the suggestion 3D sport was a gimmick and explained how the extra dimension gave viewers a greater appreciation of the action.

He said: "When you watch a golfer putting in 2D it looks flat - it looks easy.

"When you see it in 3D you can see every bump and contour on the green and you really appreciate their skill."

On Sunday, Sky will transmit two live feeds - one to its traditional Sky Sports customers and another in 3D.

Two separate commentary teams, two camera crews and two production teams will produce the simultaneous broadcasts.

Sky News senior correspondent David Bowden said: "In choosing this weekend's game, Sky steals a march on the BBC which had already announced it would show an international rugby match in 3D the following weekend.

"The difference is Sky's games will be shown on 3D television sets in pubs, whereas the BBC's offering is only in cinemas.

"Either way, the 3D bandwagon is well and truly rolling and the race is already on to get reasonably priced 3D tellies into the shops."

Sky is rolling out its 3D service with live sports, but also plans to broadcast movies, concerts and drama.

Bowden, who has previewed the new system, said: "It's definitely an entirely new viewing experience, but it may prove to be an acquired taste for some people.

"And you might have to explain to your bewildered neighbours why you are wearing sunglasses in your front room in the dark."

He added: "The next major obstacle for the broadcasters and set manufacturers alike is to persuade a recession-hit public who have just splashed out on their HD TV to start saving again for a new one capable of receiving 3D."

As the number of 3D TVs arriving in the UK increases, Sky promises to broadcast a weekly 3D Premier League game to hundreds more pubs this spring.

And in the home, its 1.6 million Sky+HD customers (figure from September 2009) will be able to watch the 3D channel at no extra charge.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-..._In_Nine_Pubs_

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 12:54 AM
Come on!!! ARSENAL ARSENAL ARSENAL! OHHH ARSENAL ARSENAL ARSENAL

Supreme
01-30-2010, 01:06 AM
Errr no. Manchester United is where it's at. I've always supported them, although I've never really liked football all that much. Should be a good game.

Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 01:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Errr no. Manchester United is where it's at. I've always supported them, although I've never really liked football all that much. Should be a good game.
Supreme you betta keep quiet or else i'll shoot you with cyclops beam!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Life_Is_Short
01-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Who'd want to wear 3D glases? They make you look goofy. :ermm:

*KB*
01-30-2010, 01:06 PM
:sl:

Sister Life_Is_Short :O No! I think its an awesome idea! I love it!

And Brother Abdullahii Arsenal are definitely the best ;)

:sl:
*KB*
:coolious:

Asiyah3
01-30-2010, 01:45 PM
I haven't really watched Avatar on Cinema :/

Eliphaz
01-30-2010, 01:55 PM
I saw Avatar in 3-d yesterday (2nd time, first time was in 2-d). It is a beautiful film which really does live up to the hype. I encourage everyone to go see it, although I understand the reservations Muslims might have considering the main characters are half-naked blue aliens!

Although I am not a huge footy fan, I now see the potential of 3-d and think it would be great for the sport, as long as it doesn't turn everyone into even more into coach (or desk) potatoes than they already are...

Raaina
01-30-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm with Supreme - United all the way!
I've not been to see avatar yet. Would be pretty awsome to see the football in 3D, it would also be kinda weird to walking a pub showing the game to see everyone looking up at the tv with those funny glasses on haha!

Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 02:13 PM
^ what do you know about football?

I'll tell you what you know absolute diddle-squat

S<Chowdhury
01-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Swear down, thats a gd idea

Glory glory Man united,
Glory glory Man united,
Glory glory Man united,
As the reds go marching on on on!!!!.........

Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Swear down, thats a gd idea

Glory glory Man united,
Glory glory Man united,
Glory glory Man united,
As the reds go marching on on on!!!!.........
chovdhury chup karo!

S<Chowdhury
01-30-2010, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
chovdhury chup karo!
Just like the busby babes in days gone by,
We'll keep the red flags flying high,
Your gonna see us all from far and wide,
Your gonna hear the masses sing with pride.

United, Man united,
We're the boys in red and we're on our way to Wembley!

Wembley, Wembley,
We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley,
Wembley, Wembley,
We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley

In Seventy-Seven it was Docherty
Atkinson will make it Eighty-Three
And everyone will no just who we are,
They'll be singing que sera sera

United, Man united,
We're the boys in red and we're on our way to Wembley!

Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Media Tags are no longer supported

need i say more?

S<Chowdhury
01-30-2010, 03:17 PM
If your gonna bring stuff up from the archive then..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiIdiOfy9Mw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpZJacPbhBI

Need i say more LMAO. hmm come to think of it when the last time Arsenal picked up the Premier League trophy.............. hmmmm 2004 was it ??? can't remember seems soo far away ohh hmm when the last time they picked up any trophy ?? 2005 FA Cup wasn't it correct me if I'm wrong LMAO, only a joke brother :statisfie

Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 03:23 PM

S<Chowdhury
01-30-2010, 03:41 PM
That doesn't answer my previous question LOL, still bringing up the past seems its all you can bring up is the past soo..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl-axF4M3TY

Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 03:44 PM
lets see sunday inshallah!

S<Chowdhury
01-30-2010, 03:47 PM
lets see sunday inshallah!
HAHA we will :statisfie

Life_Is_Short
01-30-2010, 04:14 PM
I've seen a 3D Physics lecture. It was awesome.:thumbs_up

tango92
01-30-2010, 04:34 PM
its been shown in 3d from the beginning, you just have to go to the stadium!!

Blackpool
01-30-2010, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
its been shown in 3d from the beginning, you just have to go to the stadium!!
Nahhh I'd rather watch my Unibond North team in action on their mission to join the football league.

The_Prince
01-30-2010, 06:19 PM
i have a ticket for this game, but wont be able to make it as im out of the country!

S<Chowdhury
01-30-2010, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
i have a ticket for this game, but wont be able to make it as im out of the country!
That is unlucky Bro, why don't you just sell the ticket on Ebay , well its a bit late for that now.

Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 06:23 PM
brother where you at?

Blackpool
01-31-2010, 11:22 AM
That ticket could sold for AT LEAST £300 :/ You're crazy

The_Prince
01-31-2010, 01:24 PM
yes, i was planning to sell my ticket at the official arsenal site, they actually have a ticket exchange section where you can sell your ticket if you cant make the game, when i wanted to do it, it was too late, lol i kept it so late because i didnt want to let go of the ticket.

S<Chowdhury
01-31-2010, 01:26 PM
yes, i was planning to sell my ticket at the official arsenal site, they actually have a ticket exchange section where you can sell your ticket if you cant make the game, when i wanted to do it, it was too late, lol i kept it so late because i didnt want to let go of the ticket.
---- didn't wanna let go of the ticket...joka ahh well, hope u dnt mind me askin Bro but wat was soo important u gna goo n miss dis match?

The_Prince
01-31-2010, 01:29 PM
brother where you at?
right now im in the UAE, im just getting my worker visa for England, and also getting my UAE residency!!!! and all this made me unable to be back in time for the game, i was hoping i could have made it when i bought the ticket.

anyways, it will be 3-0 to arsenal, fabregas, bendtner, and arshavin. maybe united will score 1.

S<Chowdhury
01-31-2010, 01:31 PM
right now im in the UAE, im just getting my worker visa for England, and also getting my UAE residency!!!! and all this made me unable to be back in time for the game, i was hoping i could have made it when i bought the ticket.

anyways, it will be 3-0 to arsenal, fabregas, bendtner, and arshavin. maybe united will score 1.
Raaaww bro you are very optimistic, lets be realistic n I'm guessing either a draw or its gna be Man Utd 2 - 1 Arsenal

ardianto
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Today I see many people in Bandung city wear Arsenal and MU costumes. I hope tomorrow I can see people in London and Manchester wear costume of Persib Bandung FC. :D

sevgi
01-31-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't follow this stuff...but I'm guessing this is going to be a big match. One of my bestfriends is from manchester so for his sake, I'll go for Man. Hope they win. :D

Oh andI think my little brother goes for Man...but he changed teams when his fav player changed...I think...but he still wears his Man jersey around. Anywhoot.

Peace.

Muhammad
01-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Greetings and Assalaamu Alaykum,

Apologies, but similar threads discussing TV programmes and football etc. have been closed in the past as these are unsuitable for the forum.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.