/* */

PDA

View Full Version : important duas. please read them!

cat eyes
01-28-2010, 04:18 PM
What to say if you are afraid to go to sleep or feel lonely and depressed

"أَعُوذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللهِ التَّامَّاتِ مِنْ غَضَبِهِ وَعِقَابِهِ، وَشَرِّ عِبَادِهِ، وَمِنْ هَمَزَاتِ الشَّيَاطِينِ وَأَنْ يَحْضُرُونِ".

113. 'A'oothu bikalimaatil-laahit-taammaati min ghadhabihi wa 'iqaabihi, wa sharri 'ibaadihi, wa min hamazaatish-shayaateeni wa 'an yahdhuroon.

I seek refuge in the Perfect Words of Allah from His anger and His punishment, from the evil of His slaves and from the taunts of devils and from their presence.

Reference: Abu Dawud 4/12. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At- Tirmithi 3/171

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
01-28-2010, 04:19 PM
shukran jazeelan! ya u5t Margaret

cat eyes
01-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Invocations in times of worry and grief

120. Allaahumma 'innee 'abduka, ibnu 'abdika, ibnu 'amatika, naasiyatee biyadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka, 'adlun fiyya qadhaa'uka, 'as'aluka bikulli ismin huwa laka, sammayta bihi nafsaka, 'aw 'anzaltahu fee kitaabika, 'aw 'allamtahu 'ahadan min khalqika, 'awista'tharta bihi fee 'ilmil-ghaybi 'indaka, 'an taj'alal-Qur'aana rabee'a qalbee, wa noora sadree, wa jalaa'a huznee, wa thahaaba hammee .

O Allah, I am Your slave and the son of Your male slave and the son of your female slave . My forehead is in Your Hand (i.e. you have control over me) . Your Judgment upon me is assured and Your Decree concerning me is just . I ask You by every Name that You have named Yourself with , revealed in Your Book , taught any one of Your creation or kept unto Yourself in the knowledge of the unseen that is with You , to make the Qur'an the spring of my heart, and the light of my chest, the banisher of my sadness and the reliever of my distress.

Reference: Ahmad 1/391, and Al-Albani graded it authentic.

121. Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-hammi walhazani, wal'ajzi walkasali, walbukhli waljubni, wa dhala'id-dayni wa ghalabatir-rijaal .

O Allah , I seek refuge in you from grief and sadness, from weakness and from laziness, from miserliness and from cowardice, from being overcome by debt and overpowered by men (i .e . others) .

Reference: Al-Bukhari 7/158. See also Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 11/173.

cat eyes
01-28-2010, 04:32 PM
What to say and do if you commit a sin

140. There is not any slave of Allah who commits a sin, then he perfects his ablution and stands to pray two Rak'ahs of prayer, then seeks Allah's forgiveness, except that Allah will forgive him.

Reference:

Abu Dawud 2/86, At-Tirmithi 2/257. Al-Albani graded it authentic in Sahih Abu Dawud 1/283.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
01-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Invocations against the Devil and his promptings

141. Seeking refuge with Allah against him (i.e. by saying I seek refuge in Allah from Satan the outcast).

Reference: Abu Dawud 1/206, At-Tirmithi. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 1/77, and Surat Al-Mu'minun, 23:98-9.

142. The call to prayer - 'Athan.

Reference: Muslim 1/291, Al-Bukhari 1/151.

143. Saying words of Allah's remembrance (Thikr) and recitation of the Qur'an.

Reference: "Do not turn your homes into graveyards, surely the Devil flees from the house in which Surat Al-Baqarah is read," Muslim 1/539. The Devil is also driven out by the invocations for morning and evening, those that are said before sleeping and upon waking up, those for entering and leaving the house, including those for entering and leaving the mosque, and by many other authentic invocations taught to us by the Prophet (SAW) such as the reading of 'Ayatul-Kursi, (Al-Baqarah 2:255), and the last two 'Ayat of Surat Al-Baqarah before going to sleep. Whoever says: "There is none worthy of worship but Allah alone, Who has no partner, His is the dominion and His is the praise, and he is Able to do all things," one hundred times, it will be a protection for him from the Devil throughout the day.

cat eyes
01-29-2010, 03:07 PM
:sl:
The Virtue of Remembering Allah

Allah the All-Mighty has said:

"فَاذْكُرُونِي أَذْكُرْكُمْ وَاشْكُرُوا لِي وَلَا تَكْفُرُونِ". البقرة 152

"Therefore remember Me. I will remember you. Be grateful to Me and never show Me ingratitude" - Al-Baqarah 2:152

And He said:

"يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اذْكُرُوا اللهَ ذِكْرًا كَثِيراً". الأحزاب 41

"O you who believe, remember Allah with much rememberance." - Al-Ahzab 33:41

And He said:

"وَالذَّاكِرِينَ اللهَ كَثِيرًا وَالذَّاكِرَاتِ أَعَدَّ اللهُ لَهُمْ مَغْفِرَةً وَأَجْرًا عَظِيمًا". الأحزاب 35

"And the men and women who remember Allah frequently, Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and great reward." - Al-Ahzab 33:35

And He said:

"وَاذْكُرْ رَبَّكَ فِي نَفْسِكَ تَضَرُّعًا وَخِيفَةً وَدُونَ الْجَهْرِ مِنَ الْقَوْلِ بِالْغُدُوِّ وَالْآصَالِ وَلَا تَكُنْ مِنَ الْغَافِلِينَ". الأعراف 205

"And remember your Lord by your tongue and within yourself, humbly and in awe, without loudness, by words in the morning and in the afternoon, and be not among those who are neglectful." - Al-Araf 7:205

The Prophet (pbuh) said: "He who remembers his Lord and he who does not remember his Lord are like the living and the dead." - Al-Bukhari, cf., Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 11/208; Muslim 1/539 with the wording "The house in which Allah is remembered and the house in which Allah is not remembered is like the living and the dead."

And he said, "Shall i not inform you of the best of your works, the purest of them with your Master (Allah), the loftiest of them in your stations, the thing that is better for you than spending gold and silver (in charity), and better for you than meeting your enemies and slaying them and being slain by them?" They (the Companions) said, "Of course!" He said, "Rememberance of Allah, the Most high." - At-Tirmithi 5/459, Ibn Majah 2/1245. See Al-Albani, Sahih Ibn Majah 2/316 and Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/139.

And he said, "Allah the Most High says, 'I amd with my slave when he thinks of Me and I am with him when he mentions Me. For if he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in a gathering, I mention him in superior gathering. If he approaches Me by a hand's width, I approach him by an arm's length, I approach him by two arms length. And if he comes to me walking, I hasten to him swiftly.'" - Al-ukhari 8/171, Muslim 4/2061; this wording is from Al-Bukhari.

Abdullah bin Busr (raa) said that a man asked the Prophet (pbuh), "O Messenger of Allah! Verily, the sanctions of Islam have become too numerous for me (to perform them all). Inform me of something (simple) that I may adhere to." The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Let your tongue always be moist with the rememberance of Allah." - At-0tirmithi 5/458, Ibn Majah 2/1246. See Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/139 and Sahih Ibn Majah 2/317.

And he said, "Whoever reads one letter from the Book of Allah, will receive one Hasanah (reward for a good deed), and one Hasanah comes with ten like it. I do not say that Alif-Lam-Mim is a letter. Indeed Alif is a letter, and Lam is a letter, and Mim is a letter." - At-Tirmithi 5/175. See Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/9 and Sahihul-Jami' As-Saghir 5/340.

Uqbah bin Amir (raa) said: The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) came out (from his house) and we were of the porch (As-Suffah). So he said, "Who of you would like to go out in the morning everyday to the valley of Buthan or Al-'Aqeeq and come back with two large she camels without commiting any sin or severing any family ties?" We replied, "O Messenger of Allah! All of us would like this." So he said, "Would one of you not go to the Masjid and learn to recite two Verses from the Book of Allah, the Mighty and Majestic? That would be better than two she camels. And three Verses would be better for him than three she-camels. And four Verses would be better than four she-camels, and whatever their number may be of camels." - Muslim 1/553

And he said, "Whoever sits and does not mention the Name of Allah (before he rises) will find it a cause of sorrowfrom Allah. Whoever lies down to sleep and does npt mention the name of Allah before rising, will find it a cause of sorrow from Allah." - Abu Dawud 4/264. See Al-Albani, Sahihul-Jami' As-Saghir 5/342.

And the Prophet (saw) said: "No people sit in an assembly without mentioning Allah, and without asking Allah for blessings on their Prophet, except that it will be a cause of sorrow upon them. Thus if He (Allah) wishes He will punish them, and if He wishes He will forgive them." - At-Tirmithi. See Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/140.

And he said: "No people may rise from an assembly in which they have failed to mention the Name of Allah without it being as if they were getting off a dead donkeys rotting back, and it would be a cause of grief for them." - Abu Dawud 4/264, Ahmad 2/389. See Al-Albani, Sahihul-Jami' 5/176.

:wa:

cat eyes
01-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Supplications for when you wake up

"الْحَمْدُ للهِ الَّذِي أَحْيَانَا بَعْدَ مَا أَمَاتَنَا وَإِلَيْهِ النُّشُورُ".

1. Alhamdu lillaahil-lathee 'ahyaanaa ba'da maa 'amaatanaa wa'ilayhin-nushoor.

Praise is to Allah Who gives us life after He has caused us to die and to Him is the return.

Reference: Al-Bukhari, cf. Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 11/113; Muslim 4/2083

"لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدَ، وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ. سُبْحَانَ اللهِ، وَالْحَمْدُ للهِ، ولَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ، وَاللهُ أَكْبَرُ، وَلَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللهِ العَلِيِّ الْعَظيِمِ، ربِّ اغْفِرلِي".

2. Laa 'illaha 'illallahu wahdahu la shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer Subhaanallahi, walhamdu lillaahi, wa laa 'ilaha 'illallahu, wallaahu 'akbar, wa laa hawla wa laa Quwwata 'illaa billaahil-'Aliyyil-'Adheem, Rabbighfir lee.

There is none worth of worship but Allah alone, Who has no partner, His is the dominion and to Him belongs all praise, and He is able to do all things. Glory is to Allah. Praise is to Allah. There is none worth of worship but Allah. Allah is the Most Great. There is no might and no power except by Allah's leave, the Exalted, the Mighty. My Lord, forgive me.

Reference: Whoever says this will be forgiven, and if he supplicates Allah, his prayer will be answered; if he performs ablution and prays, his prayer will be accepted. Al-Bukhari, cf. Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 3/39, among others. The wording here is from Ibn Majah 2/335.

"الْحَمْدُ للهِ الَّذِي عَافَانِي فِي جَسَدِي، وَرَدَّ عَلَيَّ رُوحِي، وَأَذِنَ لِي بِذِكْرِهِ".

3. Alhamdu lillaahil-lathee 'aafaanee fee jasadee, wa radda 'alayya roohee, wa 'athina lee bithikrihi.

Praise is to Allah Who gave strength to my body and returned my soul to me and permitted me to remember Him.

Reference: At-Tirmithi 5/473. See Al-Albani's Sahih Tirmiihi 3/144.

" إِنَّ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلَافِ اللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ لَآيَاتٍ لِأُولِي الْأَلْبَابِ ۞ الَّذِينَ يَذْكُرُونَ اللهَ قِيَامًا وَقُعُودًا وَعَلَى جُنُوبِهِمْ وَيَتَفَكَّرُونَ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ رَبَّنَا مَا خَلَقْتَ هَذَا بَاطِلًا سُبْحَانَكَ فَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ ۞ رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ مَنْ تُدْخِلِ النَّارَ فَقَدْ أَخْزَيْتَهُ وَمَا لِلظَّالِمِينَ مِنْ أَنْصَارٍ ۞ رَبَّنَا إِنَّنَا سَمِعْنَا مُنَادِيًا يُنَادِي لِلْإِيمَانِ أَنْ آمِنُوا بِرَبِّكُمْ فَآمَنَّا رَبَّنَا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَكَفِّرْ عَنَّا سَيِّئَاتِنَا وَتَوَفَّنَا مَعَ الْأَبْرَارِ ۞ رَبَّنَا وَآتِنَا مَا وَعَدْتَنَا عَلَى رُسُلِكَ وَلَا تُخْزِنَا يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ إِنَّكَ لَا تُخْلِفُ الْمِيعَادَ ۞ فَاسْتَجَابَ لَهُمْ رَبُّهُمْ أَنِّي لَا أُضِيعُ عَمَلَ عَامِلٍ مِنْكُمْ مِنْ ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنْثَى بَعْضُكُمْ مِنْ بَعْضٍ فَالَّذِينَ هَاجَرُوا وَأُخْرِجُوا مِنْ دِيَارِهِمْ وَأُوذُوا فِي سَبِيلِي وَقَاتَلُوا وَقُتِلُوا لَأُكَفِّرَنَّ عَنْهُمْ سَيِّئَاتِهِمْ وَلَأُدْخِلَنَّهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِنْ تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ ثَوَابًا مِنْ عِنْدِ اللهِ وَاللهُ عِنْدَهُ حُسْنُ الثَّوَابِ ۞ لَا يَغُرَّنَّكَ تَقَلُّبُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا فِي الْبِلَادِ ۞ مَتَاعٌ قَلِيلٌ ثُمَّ مَأْوَاهُمْ جَهَنَّمُ وَبِئْسَ الْمِهَادُ ۞ لَكِنِ الَّذِينَ اتَّقَوْا رَبَّهُمْ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٌ تَجْرِي مِنْ تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا نُزُلًا مِنْ عِنْدِ اللهِ وَمَا عِنْدَ اللهِ خَيْرٌ لِلْأَبْرَارِ ۞ وَإِنَّ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ لَمَنْ يُؤْمِنُ بِاللهِ وَمَا أُنْزِلَ إِلَيْكُمْ وَمَا أُنْزِلَ إِلَيْهِمْ خَاشِعِينَ للهِ لَا يَشْتَرُونَ بِآيَاتِ اللهِ ثَمَنًا قَلِيلًا أُولَئِكَ لَهُمْ أَجْرُهُمْ عِنْدَ رَبِّهِمْ إِنَّ اللهَ سَرِيعُ الْحِسَابِ ۞ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اصْبِرُوا وَصَابِرُوا وَرَابِطُوا وَاتَّقُوا اللهَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ". آل عمران 190 – 200

4. 'Inna fee khalqis-samaawaati wal'ardhi wakhtilaafil-layli wannahaari la'aayaatil-li 'oolil-'albaab. Allatheena yathkuroon-allaaha qiyaaman wa qu'oodan vua 'alaa junoobihim wa yatafakkaroona fee khalqis-samaawaati wal'ardhi Rabbanaa maa khalaqta haathaa baatilan subhaanaka faqinaa 'athaaban-naar. Rabbanaa 'innaka man tudkhilin-naara faqad 'akhzaytahu wa maa lidhdhalimeena rain 'ansaar. Rabbanaa 'innanaa sami'naa munaadiyan yunaadee lil'eemaani 'an 'aaminoo birabbikum fa'aamannaa, Rabbanaa faghfir lanaa thunoobanaa wa kaffir 'annaa sayyi'aatinaa wa tawaffanaa ma'al-'abraar. Rabbanaa wa 'aatinaa maa wa'adtanaa 'alaa rusulika wa laa tukhzinaa yawmal-qiyaamati, 'innaka laa tukhliful-mee'aad. Fastajaaba lahum Rabbuhum'annee laa 'udhee'u 'amala 'aanulim-minkum min thakarin 'aw 'unthaa, ba'dhukum mim ba'dh, fallatheena haajaroo wa 'ukhrijoo min diyaarihim wa 'oothoo fee sabeelee wa qaataloo wa qutiloo la'ukaffiranna 'anhum sayyi'aatihim wa la'udkhilannahum jannaatin tajree min tahtihal-'anhaaru thawaaban min 'indillaah, wallaahu 'indahu husnuth-thawaab. Laa yaghur-rannaka taqallubul-latheena kafaroo fil-bilaad. Mataa'un qaleelun thumma ma'waahum jahannam, wa bi'sal-mihaad. Laakinil-latheenat-taqaw Rabbahum lahumjannaatun tajree min tahtihal-'anhaaru khaalideena feehaa nuzulam-min 'indillaah, wa maa 'indallaahi khayrul-lil'abraar. Wa 'inna min 'ahlil-kitaabi laman yu'minu billaahi wa maa 'unzila 'ilaykum wa maa 'unzila 'ilayhim khaashi'eena lillaahi laa yashtaroona bi'aayaatillaahi thamanan qaleela, 'oolaa'ika lahum 'ajruhum 'inda Rabbihim, 'innallaaha saree'ul-hisaab. Yaa'ayyuhal-latheena 'aamanus-biroo wa saabiroo wa raabitoo wattaqul-laaha la'allakum tuflihoon.

Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, there are indeed Signs for men of understanding. Those who remember Allah standing, sitting and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying:) "Our LordA You. have not created this without purpose, glory is to You! Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire. Our Lord! Verily, whom You admit to the Fire, indeed, You have disgraced him, and never will the oppressors find any helpers. Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith (saying:) 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die in the state of righteousness together with the pious and righteous slaves. Our Lord! Grant us what You promised us through Your Messengers, and disgrace us not on the Day of Resurrection, for You never break (Your) promise." So, their Lord answered them (saying): "Never will I allow to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female. You issue forth one from another, so those who emigrated and were driven out from their homes, and suffered harm in My Cause and who fought, and were killed in My Cause, verily, I will expiate from them their evil deeds and admit them into Gardens under which rivers flow ; a reward from Allah , and with Allah is the best of rewards ." Let not the free disposal of the disbelievers through out the land deceive you . A brief enjoyment ; then , their ultimate abode is Hell ; and worst indeed is that place for rest . But , for those who fear their Lord, are Gardens under which rivers flow ; therein are they to dwell forever , and entertainment from Allah ; and that which is with Allah is the best for the pious and righteous slaves . And there are , certainly , among the people of the Scripture , those who believe in Allah and in that which has been revealed to you , and in that which has been revealed to them , hum bling themselves before Allah . They do not sell the Verses of Allah for a little price, for them is a reward with their Lord . Surely , Allah is Swift in account . O you who believe! Have patience and contend in patience, be vigilant and informed, and fear Allah , so that you may be successful.

Reference: Qur'an Aal-'Imran 3: 190-200; Al-Bukhari, cf. Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 8/237; Muslim 1/530.

cat eyes
01-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Allah has provided for us so much protection but we fail to use it and then we wonder why bad things happen to us and then some even go as far as resenting our creator. humans are so bad but Allah swt is so good.

cat eyes
01-31-2010, 02:05 AM
Invocation when putting on new clothes

"اللَّهُمَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدُ أَنْتَ كَسَوْتَنِيهِ، أَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ خَيْرِهِ وَخَيْرِ مَا صُنِعَ لَهُ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّهِ وَشَرِّ مَا صُنِعَ لَهُ".

6. Allaahumma lakal-hamdu 'Anta kasawtaneehi, 'as'aluka min khayrihi wa khayri maa suni'a lahu, wa 'a'oothu bika min sharrihi wa sharri ma suni'a lahu.

O Allah, praise is to You. You have clothed me. I ask You for its goodness and the goodness of what it has been made for, and I seek Your protection from the evil of it and the evil of what it has been made for.

Reference: Abu Dawud and At-Tirmithi. See also Al-Albani, Mukhtasar Shamd'il At-Tirmithi, p. 47.

cat eyes
01-31-2010, 02:07 AM
What to say when undressing

"بِسْمِ اللهِ".

9. Bismillaahi

In the Name of Allah.

Reference: At-Tirmithi 2/505, among others. See 'Irwa'ul Ghalil no. 49 and Sahihul-Jami' 3/203

:wa:

cat eyes
01-31-2010, 02:08 AM
What to say before performing ablution

"بِسْمِ اللهِ".

12. Bismillaahi

In the Name of Allah

Reference: Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, and Ahmad. See also Al-Albani, 'Irwa'ul-Ghain 1/122.

cat eyes
01-31-2010, 02:10 AM
What to say upon completing ablution

"أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إلَّا اللهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّداً عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ".

13. 'Ash-hadu 'an laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu wa 'ash-hadu 'anna Muhammadan 'abduhu wa Rasooluhu.

I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, Who has no partner; and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and His Messenger.

Reference: Muslim 1/209.

"اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْنِي مِنَ التَّوَّابِينَ وَاجْعَلْنِي مِنَ الْمُتَطَهِّرِينَ".

14. Allaahummaj'alnee minat-tawwaabeena waj'alnee minal-mutatahhireen.

O Allah, make me among those who turn to You in repentance, and make me among those who are purified.

Reference: At-Tirmithi 1/78. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At- Tirmithi 1/18

"سُبْحَانَكَ اللَّهُمَّ وَبِحَمْدِكَ، أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، أَسْتَغْفِرُكَ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَيْكَ".

15. Subhaanaka Allaahumma wa bihamdika, 'ash-hadu 'an laa 'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta, 'astaghfiruka wa 'atoobu 'ilayk.

Glory is to You, O Allah, and praise; I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but You. I seek Your forgiveness and turn to You in repentance.

Reference: An-Nasa'i, 'Amalul-Yawm wal-Laylah, p. 173. See also Al-Albani, 'Irwa'ul-Ghalil 1/135 and 2/94.

cat eyes
01-31-2010, 02:14 AM
What to say when leaving the home

"بِسْمِ اللهِ، تَوَكَّلْتُ عَلَى اللهِ، وَلَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللهِ".

16. Bismillaahi, tawakkaltu 'alallaahi, wa laa hawla wa laa quwwata ‘ illaa billaah.

In the Name of Allah, I have placed my trust in Allah, there is no might and no power except by Allah.

Reference: Abu Dawud 4/325, At-Tirmithi 5/490. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/151

"الَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ أَضِلَّ، أّوْ أُضَلَّ، أَوْ أَزِلَّ، أَوْ أُزَلَّ، أَوْ أَظْلِمَ، أَوْ أُظْلَمَ، أَوْ أَجْهَلَ، أَوْ يُجْهَلَ عَلَيَّ".

17. Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika 'an 'adhilla, 'aw 'udhalla, 'aw 'azilla, 'aw 'uzalla, 'aw 'adhlima, 'aw 'udhlama, 'aw 'ajhala 'aw yujhala 'alayya.

O Allah, I seek refuge in You lest I misguide others , or I am misguided by others , lest I cause others to err or I am caused to err , lest I abuse others or be abused, and lest I behave foolishly or meet with the foolishness of others.

Reference: Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, An-Nasa'i, At-Tirmithi. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 3/152 and Sahih Ibn Majah 2/336

cat eyes
01-31-2010, 04:06 PM
What to say when entering the home

"بِسْمِ اللهِ وَلَجْنَا، وَ بِسْمِ اللهِ خَرَجْنَا، وَعَلَى رَبِّنَا تَوَكَّلْنَا".

18. Bismillaahi walajnaa, wa bismillaahi kharajnaa, wa 'alaaRabblnaa tawakkalnaa

In the Name of Allah we enter , in the Name of Allah we leave , and upon our Lord we depend [then say As-Salaamu 'Alaykum to those present].

Reference: Abu Dawud 4/325. Muslim {Hadith no. 2018) says that one should mention the Name of Allah when entering the home and when beginning to eat; and that the devil, hearing this, says: "There is no shelter for us here tonight and no food."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.