/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Prayer Times

StayHumble
01-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Ok so I go to University and sometimes what ends up happening is that prayer time will come and I usually slip out pray and come back, no biggie right? I feel like sometimes I rush my prayer to get back to class, even if i don't intend on rushing it is like I have this innate feeling of going a little faster or I can't concentrate as well on my salah because I am thinking about finishing and going back to class. When I pray at home my concentration is good. My question is, Is it possible to pray that salah later or at home.Isn't praying Salah better when you take your time and are focusing and concentrated rather than praying to get it done and go back to class. Also sometimes the prayer time will come right at the beginning of class and I don't wanna come late. Is it ever possible to pray a salah maybe ten minutes earlier etc. if you are in a rush? Thoughts anyone?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
01-29-2010, 01:22 PM
salah before or after its time is not valid. are your classes always over lapping salah time? make time ON time, you dont necessarily need to rush it, or even ask ur prof just for a 5-10 minute break where you can pray. but pray on time

Innocent Soul
01-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Assalamualaikum
I heard that its OK to pray our prayer 10 minutes before the time as it is better to read it before than to leave it.Don't rush while praying it is of no use it is same as you did not pray it.:hmm:

Asiyah3
01-29-2010, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Assalamualaikum
I heard that its OK to pray our prayer 10 minutes before the time as it is better to read it before than to leave it.Don't rush while praying it is of no use it is same as you did not pray it.:hmm:
:wa: Wr Wb

Sister we should always ask for proof when we hear about a ruling and also avoid advicing something which we have no knowledge of.

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “you must adhere to my Sunnah and the way of the Rightly Guided Caliphs. Hold on to it and cling fast to it. And beware of newly-invented matters, for every newly-invented matter is an innovation and every innovation is a going astray.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (4607)

¨ There are set times for the five daily prayers, the beginning and end of which are clearly defined, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, As‑Salaah (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours”

[al-Nisa’ 4:103]

i.e., there are set times for it, and it is not permissible for the Muslim to offer any prayer before the time for it has begun. If he does that, it is not valid, according to scholarly consensus.

For more information,
Source: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/83689/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyah3
01-29-2010, 06:19 PM
I'd like to quote brother Hamza81's advice which he gave to me. May Allah reward him greatly in this life and the Aakhirah and keep him on the straight path :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister your concern on missing salat shows you have imaan because imaan is when a person is happy with their good deeds but worried and concerned about there bad deeds and sins.

Allah has made this deen easy for us but it is us who make this deen hard for ourselves. Allah has given us EVERYTHING we can imagine yet we can't even spend a few minutes praying our salat. Praying salat is not just doing a few actions it is a meeting with Allah for it is MUCH more precious that we can EVER imagine. We are meeting with Allah everytime we pray our salat so its a very personal time for any Muslim.

Praying Salat is also the most rewarding act after imaan. Just think that everytime we miss a salat we are in fact missing out on GREAT rewards which we won't be able to get back and we are also incurring GREAT sinupon ourselves because the sin for missing a salat without a valid reason is VERY great!

Allah is the most merciful and most kind but he is also the most harshest in punishment and if we don't abide by the simple tasks required of us then surely we deserve punishment because we just have to imagine what Allah has given us to what he requires of us. There is NO comparison because what he has given us is SO great that we can NEVER imagine and what he requires of us in return is SO little that it is also unimaginabl but we still fail to do the little that is required of us! We are truly pathetic! Simple as that!

My sister we should pray our salat no matter where we are and no matter what we are doing! We should'nt just pray Salat when it is convenient for us like when were at home not doing anything! How do you think Allah feels that his slaves should only pray to him when it suits them best? What if Allah was to stop sustaining us whenever he feels like it? How would we feel?

There is NO excuses for us not praying my sister. We should plan our days properly so that we make sure that we pray ALL of our salats on time. We should mould our life around our Salat not mould our salat around our day. We should ALWAYS have in minds that- "No matter what im doing if it is time for alat then i will stop whatever im doing and pray salat"!

I myself have been to many educational institutions and worked in many different organisations and i can tell you sister that most of the time there was no prayer facilities in place particulalry in the organisations i worked for but this did'nt bother me in the slightest because if there is'nt a specified place to pray in, then i just made a place i could pray in! Simple as that.

It is not difficult at all, it is as simple as getting ANY clean sheet, even my own jacket or a newspaper and putting it down on the floor in some corner or quite place, even outside, ANYHWHERE as long as it is not in the toilet and simply pray. It takes a matter for minutes, just pray your fard and if you have time pray your sunnat. It is shaythan and our nafs (desires) that make it seem hard for us! Let us be proud to practise our deen! Let us be proud Muslims! Who knows if non Muslims see us praying they would get fascinated and would want to learn more about our deen and Allah may open their hearts to Islam. This is why and how SO many people are converting to islam day in day out!

So we have now established that you can pray ANYWHERE as long as it is not in the toilet and you can pray on ANYTHING clean. It will only take a matter of minutes. If you want then before your break you can go to the toilet and do wudu so that it saves your lunch break time, thats what i do.

If your prayer falls outside any of your breaks then simply go and pray. People go to the toilet and take ages anyway so why not instead of going to the toilet go and pray it will take you the same amount of time as people take in the toilet, even less.

You don't even have to ask your teacher or employer, but if you want to you can and i can promise you NO teacher or employer can or will stop you. If they are decent human beings they will even suggest you where you can pray but i never had to ask anyone i just prayed.

It gives one so much peace aswell when one prays at work or school because when one is stressed with work or school then by praying it really releives the stress and at the same time one has the help of Allah with their work!

Let's be Muslims who strive to do what we can to fulfil our obligations not of those who only practice our deen when it suits us best!

There is NO excuse for any of us to miss any prayer especially when were at work or school and even if were out and about! Remember this life is a test and our whole purpose in this life is to pray to Allah no matter what were doing, that is our primary aim and our secondary aim is to fulfill other duties. If we strive to fulfill our duties to Allah then he will make our worldy duties so much more easier to fulfill.

We should all pray every salat like it is our last because it very well could be, so if we have the intention of doing kaza and we die then what will be our state after death?

May Allah help us to pray in ALL circumstances regardless of what were doing or where we are! Ameen

Innocent Soul
01-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Sister we should always ask for proof when we hear about a ruling and also avoid advicing something which we have no knowledge of.
Sorry.Inshallah I'll inquire next time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.