/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Evil eye stone - haraam?

aadil77
01-29-2010, 07:47 PM

Recently our family got hit by a big disaster, ours cars caught fire and exploded and house partly caught fire. My mum thinks that someone did black magic on us - I don't think that, anyway this libyan women gave us one of these evil eye stones and I said it was haraam straight away whilst she was around. I know they mean nothing and hold no power but my mum wants to keep it as decoration, so is it allowed?

they look bloody strange aswell

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raaina
01-29-2010, 08:08 PM
If you know they mean nothing and hold no power, why do you object to your mum keeping it as decoration?

I'm really sorry to hear about your cars and the house, hope no one was injured imsad

Donia
01-29-2010, 08:13 PM
:sl:

I am sorry to hear your family has been affected by difficulties lately. May Allah bring you out of these hardships and bless u with that which is beneficial for you. Ameen.

Honestly, I used to have something like this that was given to me by somebody. I threw it away.

It just didn't feel right and I came on the board (when I was new here) and asked a question similar to this.
To me, nobody can protect us except Allah so iwhen wearing something like this or having it around the house, it is implying that this *thing* will give some type of protection and that's not true.

Don't know about the decoration intention.. I think it would be better if your mom would just throw it out. Allahu alim.

Good first instinct, brother. :thumbs_up

aadil77
01-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Yeah exactly nothin holds power except Allah, because it was a gift my mum wants to keep it, but I'll still try and get rid of it

Another thing I just noticed is that we have a tawiz hanging near our front door, Its a metal plaque with the verse of ayatul qursi and tawiz on it. lol its been there all these years, I didn't know it was a tawiz even though it clearly says it is, I thought tawiz's were those black things you hang around your kneck. :hiding:

This one says by hanging it in your home you will be protected from all kinds of crap - so do I get rid of it and how?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
01-29-2010, 08:27 PM
You cannot fight shaytanic magic with a shaytanic tool

Its all the same thing

SLAM DUNK IT INTO THE BIN!

aadil77
01-29-2010, 08:33 PM
yh I know, but what about the tawiz? its got quran on it and its made of metal

Cabdullahi
01-29-2010, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
open up the tawiz if it has 'proper' quran i will send you a cheque of 50 quid but it contains no quran but names of jinn

Donia
01-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Just throw it away. Your intention is to get rid of the shirk in your house, not harm the Quran.

If you have any doubts, just say Astaghfurillah after and keep going.

zakirs
01-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Just throw it away. Your intention is to get rid of the shirk in your house, not harm the Quran.

If you have any doubts, just say Astaghfurillah after and keep going.
No don't do that , If its just Quran words on it , you have to respet it ( its Allahs words after all ). just remove it from there and keep it somewhere safe and clean.

( i am talking abt quran thing on ur door )

aadil77
01-29-2010, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
open up the tawiz if it has 'proper' quran i will send you a cheque of 50 quid but it contains no quran but names of jinn

you owe me 50 quid lol ;D, should have read my post properly I said it was plaque with tawiz of ayatul qursi printed on it

Cabdullahi
01-29-2010, 11:56 PM
you owe me 50 quid lol ;D, should have read my post properly I said it was plaque with tawiz of ayatul qursi printed on it
Gimmeh! your bonk account deetals and your pin code i will deboist 83 Ugandan dollaas

lol :)

aadil77
01-30-2010, 12:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=372Ah0Z_L1w

;D

Life_Is_Short
01-30-2010, 12:15 AM
It is better to read what is inside the taweez then to wear it around thinking it could protect you.

Asiyah3
01-30-2010, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
May Allah bring you out of these hardships and bless u with that which is beneficial for you. Ameen.

Ameen. May Allah protect us from all kinds of shirk

I'm not knowledgable on the subject, but just remember to speak kindly and gently with your mum

Donia
01-30-2010, 03:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
No don't do that , If its just Quran words on it , you have to respet it ( its Allahs words after all ). just remove it from there and keep it somewhere safe and clean.

( i am talking abt quran thing on ur door )
Okay, I have to be honest. I don't know what tawiz is. I was just going specifically off him saying that
This one says by hanging it in your home you will be protected from all kinds of crap
That clearly is not right. Only ALLAH subhanwa ta'aala can protect us. Not just hanging up a verse from the Quran.

Perhaps my advice was too harsh though. At the risk of showing any disrespect to the Quran, just take it down and put it in a drawer or something. Out of sight.

Why are these things even made?

Sawdah
01-30-2010, 03:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
You cannot fight shaytanic magic with a shaytanic tool

Those are extremely creepy images...:phew

they look bloody strange aswell
Tell me about it...:skeleton:

Subhanallah, there so many people who have those necklaces or bracelets with the blue eye. They also have the hand of fatima or Khadijah (r.a) too(is that the same thing?).

nobody can protect us except Allah
True sister.

Woodrow
01-30-2010, 04:49 AM
The magic power of such items may be nonexistent, but the subtle drawing of one to committing shirk is very real.

Muhammad
01-31-2010, 02:30 PM

Akhee, I am sorry to hear of the hardship you are going through - may Allaah (swt) make it easy for you and protect your family, Aameen.

As for the 2 taweez items - I think the best thing would be to get rid of them as a lot of evil actions may have gone into producing them. These sorts of things are not the decoration you want in your house.

We had a thread about taweez and a couple of brothers were talking about the proper way to remove them - Allaah (swt) knows best what is the best method. But you can read it here: http://www.islamicboard.com/tawheed-...04-taweez.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.