/* */

PDA

View Full Version : News Reporting!

Beardo
01-29-2010, 08:05 PM
:sl:

I hope this is the right section. E

Alhamdulillah I got into an internship program and my first project is TOMORROW, so I need your help ASAP!

Could you guys give me some News Reporting tips and advices? It's a fundraiser event type thing. I need to news report on the event etc.

Any tips and advices? What should I do? What should I bring?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Donia
01-29-2010, 08:10 PM
:wa:

First of all, Mabrook on getting into the program - alhumdulillah!

Not sure what type of event you are going to be covering but one suggestion would be to pick a few people to interview to get their thoughts on the event or any opinions they may have.
Bring pen, paper and maybe a camera?

I hope it goes well insha'Allah!

Was-salaam.

zakirs
01-29-2010, 08:22 PM

Firslty congrats bro :)

hmm you need tips eh..

Wear formal attire for starters , Take a camera with you a pad a pen :p ( obivious ). and BE ON TIME

Insaanah
01-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Mabrook.
How about a digital voice recorder (maybe on your phone) to record your interviewees (esaier than trying to quickly scribble in front of them), which then you can write down/type later?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
01-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Good thoughts you guys have. I need to get myself an iPod Voice Recorder device.

What kind of questions do I ask the founder? :X What do I ask some of the audience?

zakirs
01-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Prior research might help. Read about history of organization and whom they will be donating to.What kind of people they attract.

In interview it might be best to use talking approach than asking questions.

Donia
01-29-2010, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Good thoughts you guys have. I need to get myself an iPod Voice Recorder device.

What kind of questions do I ask the founder? :X What do I ask some of the audience?
What inspired him/her to have this fundraiser or start this organization?

That's all I got right now.

Woodrow
01-30-2010, 03:23 AM
All news stories are based on the 5 Ws

WHO: Who organized/sponsored the event? Who will benefit from it? Who of celebrity status will be there?

WHAT: What specifically is the event?

WHEN: What is the times and dates of the event?

WHERE: Where is it being held? Where are those who will be benefited?

WHY: Why was the event organized? Why this particular event? Why at this time?

Get answers for those questions. Be certain to get names of the sources along with their connection with the event?

Keep the story as short as possible, but be certain that who reads it will find the answer to those questions. Avoid being dramatic, but put in some descriptive adjectives. (ie: This year's annual pine cone collector's meeting is being held in a bright green mylar tent, decorated with handpainted pictures of various pine cones, and one ugly artichoke.)
Use very few of your own words and quote from other's. (ie: Mrs. Blugsmirk of Bugtussle, Kentucky said: "Lands sake, That thar is the greenest tent I ever did seen."

Beardo
01-30-2010, 03:29 AM
^ Now THAT is what I was looking for. Jazakumullahu Khair!

What kind of questions do you ask the audience?

Woodrow
01-30-2010, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
^ Now THAT is what I was looking for. Jazakumullahu Khair!

What kind of questions do you ask the audience?
Always remember the 5 Ws no matter who you are asking questions of. For the audience.

WHO: Name, Gender, approx age group (ie: Teen age looking young lady.)

WHAT: What impressed you most about tonight's event? What can be done to improve it, if it were held again?

WHERE: Where are you from?

WHEN: When did you decide to come to the event?

WHY: Why did you buy a ticket to this evnt

Beardo
01-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Here's my News Reporting experience:

http://diariesofahafiz.com/home/?p=369

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.