/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where can I go to learn Qur'an in Birmingham

Salahudeen
01-30-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm trying to find a Qur'an teacher in Birmingham but not having much luck :(
I tried a place on Coventry road and they wanted £10 for one hour as if a student can afford that.

there's loads of places that teach qur'an but they don't have adult classes, so I would have to sit with kids in a children's class and I don't wanna do that LOL ;D

so does anyone know of any adult classes, or teachers? I could afford £4-5 an hour I think :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahmet ertem
02-01-2010, 06:40 PM
sellamun aleykum my brother i m from tırkey so i dont know about birmingham :)
but i will try to help some different way (of course with permision of ALLAH) :)
if u have muslims who know redaing quran at ur school you can ask them for teaching u or and the muslims family that you know u can ask too or find some arabic friends in ur place :)

otherway visit the youtube, write quran tajweed into the search button u may can find a lot videos

for example here is someone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrGQZ...eature=related

it may be a begining for you but the first pray ALLAH to make it easy for u and dont worry about it :)

and here is other site about understanding quran about quran vocabulary and meaning i thing it s very usefull :)

if find some anotherthings about ur desire i try to write u my friend may allah be ur helper :)

ahmet ertem
02-01-2010, 06:54 PM
here is a online quran teach web site
http://www.quranteaching.com/index.html one week trial is free
but if u ask me, find here a friend that know tajweed take msn and ask for teaching with web cam at msn or skype sorry my frienn i m new on reeding quran like u so i cant ground u :)) but here is my msn u can contact with me for asking something
ahmetertem@windowslive.com

ahmet ertem
02-01-2010, 07:45 PM
:) can u look at this link u can ask to this forum's people the topic is studdying deen in birmingham UK :)

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...gham-UK/page12

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ahmet ertem
02-01-2010, 08:46 PM
here is a software in turkish english the button that under the button of ?" changes turkish to english http://www.gezginler.net/modules/myd...retimi&lid=588

desert winds
02-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Brother Ahmet may Allah bless you for your much effort and brother squiddle theres a place just off coventry road, opposite bengali masjid. Its called 'kaf' try there.

Cabdullahi
02-02-2010, 12:35 AM
brother can you come to coventry? i can take you to a place where we study saturday and sunday and its 20 pounds a month?

ahmet ertem
02-02-2010, 12:28 PM
hımm i thing that can be too :))))

KittenLover
02-02-2010, 04:00 PM
edit---------

KittenLover
02-02-2010, 04:01 PM
edit-----------

Salahudeen
02-03-2010, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by desert winds
Brother Ahmet may Allah bless you for your much effort and brother squiddle theres a place just off coventry road, opposite bengali masjid. Its called 'kaf' try there.

you mean opposite Darul Uloom?

Salahudeen
02-03-2010, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
brother can you come to coventry? i can take you to a place where we study saturday and sunday and its 20 pounds a month?
afraid not imsad if I decided to go Coventry uni I could have lol. but I got accepted at my first choice. haha imagine if I went cov uni and we were both in uni on LI lol.

Cabdullahi
02-03-2010, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
afraid not imsad if I decided to go Coventry uni I could have lol. but I got accepted at my first choice. haha imagine if I went cov uni and we were both in uni on LI lol.
that would be cool!

desert winds
02-03-2010, 07:02 PM
you mean opposite Darul Uloom?
no no, lets just say your walking towards town from charles road, stay on the right hand side, you pass QUDDSI SUPERMARKET and i think its a mithai shop next to it is a alley way just take a look it should have a ''quaff'' letter, try there, a friend of mine was telling me they teach proper arabic way and they teach males and femlaes- segregated ofcourse!

Salahudeen
02-03-2010, 08:32 PM
no no, lets just say your walking towards town from charles road, stay on the right hand side, you pass QUDDSI SUPERMARKET and i think its a mithai shop next to it is a alley way just take a look it should have a ''quaff'' letter, try there, a friend of mine was telling me they teach proper arabic way and they teach males and femlaes- segregated ofcourse!
i'll look for it 2moro, I can't wait to learn proper pronounciation I feel like a mess at the moment.

Cabdullahi
02-03-2010, 08:37 PM
^ make sure you go into the correct alley way or else you'll get robbed

aadil77
02-04-2010, 09:48 AM
i'll look for it 2moro, I can't wait to learn proper pronounciation I feel like a mess at the moment.
You'll be alright bro, if that place dont work out ask a local imam if he or anyone he knows can come and tutor you and there must be some madrassas around that you can ask

Salahudeen
02-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I went there today and it was closed :( I took the number but it doesn't ring :( The place was dead like a cemmentry at night. I think it must have closed down imsad

Cabdullahi
02-04-2010, 08:06 PM
^ did you go into the correct alley way?

cat eyes
02-04-2010, 08:07 PM
haha poor squiggly squiggles. pray to Allah and he will find u a good place inshaAllah :)

desert winds
02-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Asslam alaikum squiddle. Your intention is good, Inshallah if weathers good tomorrow il go down and enquire.also ill call my friend and find out whats happening.inshallah.

Salahudeen
02-04-2010, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
haha poor squiggly squiggles. pray to Allah and he will find u a good place inshaAllah :)
lol, inshallah, this is something I need to get done, when I was little I didn't understand and begged my mum everyday and made a big fuss, to let me rest after school and not force me to go there. eventually she gave in, so I stopped going to learn qur'an. :hiding:

it's no good when your not explained what it is your reading and where it comes from and how it came into existance. I was jus plonked in the masjid and told to learn how to read this book I had no idea about :hmm:

Salahudeen
02-04-2010, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
^ did you go into the correct alley way?
yeah I saw the sign pointing down the alley way, it was creepy walking down it, I told my friend to wait and hold my valuables while I went and checked it out ;D but the place had the shutters down imsad

Asslam alaikum squiddle. Your intention is good, Inshallah if weathers good tomorrow il go down and enquire.also ill call my friend and find out whats happening.inshallah.

ok, maybe they relocated or something. I tried ringing the number but the line was dead.

aadil77
02-04-2010, 11:35 PM
honestly bro alot of imams do private quran tuition, don't be embarassed to ask them

I found this brother doing private tuition, dunno if he's still around

http://www.language-school-teachers....o.asp?uid=8794

Salahudeen
02-05-2010, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
honestly bro alot of imams do private quran tuition, don't be embarassed to ask them

I found this brother doing private tuition, dunno if he's still around

http://www.language-school-teachers....o.asp?uid=8794
I can't afford him :(

kamrankhokhar
03-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Brother

simply visit www.quranlearningacademy.com and get a free one week classes.

after that you can decide

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-12-2010, 02:09 PM
MashaAllaah Indeed. I wanna find 1 near my area too ......
Khayrrrrr
InshaAllaah u will find a good place to go to Squiddle

Abdul Wahid
05-02-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm trying to find a Qur'an teacher in Birmingham but not having much luck :(
I tried a place on Coventry road and they wanted £10 for one hour as if a student can afford that.

there's loads of places that teach qur'an but they don't have adult classes, so I would have to sit with kids in a children's class and I don't wanna do that LOL ;D

so does anyone know of any adult classes, or teachers? I could afford £4-5 an hour I think :hmm:
:sl: akhi.

Have you found somewhere to learn?

Alhumdulillah I'm fluent when I read the Quran but I read without tajweed.

Something I need to correct. Can't believe they never taught this when we were in madarassa. Would've been easier.

:wa:

revert2007
05-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Assalamualikum.I am a sister and alhamdulilah sisters are very active to have many free online quran classes..am not so sure about brothers.But i know there is free arabic class for brothers..If i know any free quran class for brother,shall let u know in sha Allah.

Abdul Wahid
05-02-2010, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by revert2007
Assalamualikum.I am a sister and alhamdulilah sisters are very active to have many free online quran classes..am not so sure about brothers.But i know there is free arabic class for brothers..If i know any free quran class for brother,shall let u know in sha Allah.
:wa: my sister.

That would be nice. Would really appreciate that.

JazakALLAH-heir.

~Raindrop~
05-03-2010, 06:53 PM
:sl:

I think Masjid Hamza do one adult class as well, taught by a qualified Qari. In this case, the adults are all 60+.
Why don't you ring them and ask?
I'm not sure if it's just for the locals or for people living further away as well.
:wa:

Salahudeen
05-03-2010, 08:17 PM
gonna get my uncle's friend to teach me, he learnt from madina uni, he charges £10 for 1 hour, but he will teach me for half price, he comes to ur house and teaches.

cat eyes
05-03-2010, 08:24 PM
that sounds expensive still. im sure if you keep looking you will find some one that will do it for free like how i found my teacher. she dose not charge me anything.. but she is not qualified but her husband thought her the correct method of reciting arabic like those people whom you will find that teach the arabic incorrect even these people are working in schools

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.