/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what age was she?

Ummu Sufyaan
01-30-2010, 02:13 AM
:sl:
in a fatwa i read on Islamqa concerning Umr bin al-3aas, radhiallahu anhu, it mentioned that he was only 11 yrs old when he got married. is the age of his wife also recorded?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
01-30-2010, 02:39 AM
Amr ibn al-ˤĀs was married to Umm Kulthum bint Uqba but he divorced her when she embraced Islam. She then re-married Umar ibn al-Khattab.

The above was in the year 628 CE.

The narrations of his birth range from 583-589. Even taking the latest date of 589, his marriage at 11 would be impossible if we are speaking of the same Sahabi.

Could you give reference to that fatwa on IslamQA? I usually get my Fatwas from AskImam or DarulIftaa when completely necessary, but I prefer asking my local scholars. I highly doubt IslamQA would be wrong about this though. Perhaps you misread?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!