/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed :(

fruitloops
01-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Brothers and Sisters i need some help regarding a really personal issue and a Islamic perspective. Basically I met this Muslim guy nearly a year ago and we were friends at first and well he didn't want a relationship because its wrong to have a a girlfriend etc... however as i got to know him and wanted to be with him, he told me about Islam and i got interested and I was willing to convert to Islam and we said we'll get married after Uni, n until then we'd keep contact to a minimal.

However i guess one night one thing lead 2 another, n well a few weeks later i found out i was pregnant. I told him and at 1st he was a bit shocked and didnt know what to do, but i guess in his eyes he wanted to do the right thing and stand by me and his child. His parents however were horrified at wat had happened n said that the baby and the whole situation is a Sin n for him to marry me and raise the child would be even a bigger sin. N within a few weeks his parents moved him away.

I guess i want to ask is were his parents right as to saying that it would be a bigger sin to raise the child and marry me ? I know i should ask a Imam or scholar but i was hoping if this forum could answer the question instead. Isn't it a sin to leave your child fatherless?.... though i don't know where he is he regularly texts to make sure I'm okey n things, he wants to leave home and come back to me to help me with the pregnancy n things, is he doing the right thing by leaving home? because i know your not suppose to disobey your parents wishes but i don't think the parents are making sensible choices personally.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
01-30-2010, 06:20 PM
:welcome: to the Forum. I'm very glad that you came to ask about your case :statisfie May Allah guide you to the straight path.

Allaah has forbidden the adulterer and adulteress to marry unless they both repent. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The adulterer — fornicator marries not but an adulteress — fornicatress or a Mushrikah; and the adulteress –fornicatress, none marries her except an adulterer — fornicater or a Mushrik [and that means that the man who agrees to marry (have a sexual relation with) a Mushrikah (female polytheist, pagan or idolatress) or a prostitute, then surely, he is either an adulterer — fornicator, or a Mushrik (polytheist, pagan or idolater). And the woman who agrees to marry (have a sexual relation with) a Mushrik (polytheist, pagan or idolater) or an adulterer — fornicator, then she is either a prostitute or a Mushrikah (female polytheist, pagan, or idolatress)]. Such a thing is forbidden to the believers (of Islamic Monotheism)”

If she is pregnant, it is not permissible for him to marry her until after she delivers the baby, in accordance with the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), in which he forbade a man to use his water to irrigate the crops of another.

Source: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/14381

To summerize: Both of them must repent to Allaah (zina is an immoral action and a major sin), and give up this sin, and regret what has happened of immoral actions, and resolve not to do it again. Then it will be permissible for him to marry her, after she delivers the baby.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Asiyah3
01-30-2010, 06:28 PM
As for your daughter, she is the product of an illegitimate relationship and it is not permissible for her to be named after the father, rather she should be named after her mother.

It was narrated from ‘Amr ibn Shu’ayb from his father that his grandfather said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ruled that whoever was born to a slave woman whom his father did not own or to a free woman with whom he committed adultery, then he cannot be named after him and he does not inherit from him, even if the one whom he claims is his father acknowledges him. So he is the product of zina, whether his mother was a free woman or a slave.

Narrated by Abu Dawood (2265) and Ibn Maajah (2746); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Asiyaah
01-30-2010, 06:38 PM
:sl: Sister.

I'm a new revert and can't give you any proper islamic advice. I just wanted you to know that I will make dua for you and your baby.

I don't really understand how a man running away from his child is the islamic thing to do. :raging::raging::raging:

I hope you have support in your life, friends and family. May Allah help guide you. Allah is most merciful.

wasalaam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyah3
01-30-2010, 06:42 PM
If it'd destined for you to marry, then it's good for you to know (the rights of the wife) :

Praise be to Allaah.

Islam has enjoined upon the husband duties towards his wife, and vice versa, and among these duties are some which are shared by both husband and wife.

We will mention – by the help of Allaah – some of the texts of the Qur’aan and Sunnah which have to do with the duties of the spouses towards one another, quoting also from the commentaries and views of the scholars.

Firstly:

The rights of the wife which are hers alone:

The wife has financial rights over her husband, which are the mahr (dowry), spending and accommodation.

And she has non-financial rights, such as fair division between co-wives, being treated in a decent and reasonable manner, and not being treated in a harmful way by her husband.

1. Financial rights

(a) The mahr (dowry). This is the money to which the wife is entitled from her husband when the marriage contract is completed or when the marriage is consummated. It is a right which the man is obliged to pay to the woman. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And give to the women (whom you marry) their Mahr (obligatory bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage) with a good heart” [al-Nisaa’ 4:4]

The prescription of the mahr demonstrates the seriousness and importance of the marriage-contract, and is a token of respect and honour to the woman.

The mahr is not a condition or essential part of the marriage-contract, according to the majority of fuqahaa’; rather it is one of the consequences of the contract. If the marriage-contract is done without any mention of the mahr, it is still valid, according to the consensus of the majority, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“There is no sin on you, if you divorce women while yet you have not touched (had sexual relation with) them, nor appointed unto them their Mahr (bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage)” [al-Baqarah 2:236]

The fact that divorce is permitted before consummation of the marriage or before stipulating the mahr indicates that it is permissible not to stipulate the mahr in the marriage-contract.

If the mahr is stipulated, it becomes obligatory upon the husband; if it is not stipulated, then he must give the mahr that is given to women of similar status to his wife.

(b) Spending. The scholars of Islam are agreed that it is obligatory for husbands to spend on their wives, on the condition that the wife make herself available to her husband. If she refuses him or rebels, then she is not entitled to that spending.

The reason why it is obligatory to spend on her is that the woman is available only to her husband, because of the marriage contract, and she is not allowed to leave the marital home except with his permission. So he has to spend on her and provide for her, and this is in return for her making herself available to him for his pleasure.

What is meant by spending is providing what the wife needs of food and accommodation. She has the right to these things even if she is rich, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“but the father of the child shall bear the cost of the mother’s food and clothing on a reasonable basis” [al-Baqarah 2:233]

“Let the rich man spend according to his means; and the man whose resources are restricted, let him spend according to what Allaah has given him” [al-Talaaq 65:7]

From the Sunnah:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Hind bint ‘Utbah – the wife of Abu Sufyaan – who had complained that he did not spend on her: “Take what is sufficient for you and your children, on a reasonable basis.”

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: “Hind bint ‘Utbah, the wife of Abu Sufyaan, entered upon the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, Abu Sufyaan is a stingy man who does not spend enough on me and my children, except for what I take from his wealth without his knowledge. Is there any sin on me for doing that?’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘Take from his wealth on a reasonable basis, only what is sufficient for you and your children.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5049; Muslim, 1714)

It was narrated from Jaabir that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in his Farewell Sermon:

“Fear Allah concerning women! Verily you have taken them on the security of Allah, and intercourse with them has been made lawful unto you by words of Allah. You too have rights over them, and that they should not allow anyone to sit on your bed [i.e., not let them into the house] whom you do not like. But if they do that, you can chastise them but not severely. Their rights upon you are that you should provide them with food and clothing in a fitting manner” (Narrated by Muslim, 1218)

(c) Accommodation. This is also one of the wife’s rights, which means that her husband should prepare for her accommodation according to his means and ability. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Lodge them (the divorced women) where you dwell, according to your means” [al-Talaaq 65:6]

2. Non-financial rights

(i) Fair treatment of co-wives. One of the rights that a wife has over her husband is that she and her co-wives should be treated equally, if the husband has other wives, with regard to nights spent with them, spending and clothing.

(ii) Kind treatment. The husband must have a good attitude towards his wife and be kind to her, and offer her everything that may soften her heart towards him, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and live with them honourably” [al-Nisaa’ 4:19]

“And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect) to what is reasonable” [al-Baqarah 2:228]

From the Sunnah:

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Be kind to women.’”(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3153; Muslim, 1468).

There follow examples of the kind treatment of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) towards his wives – for he is the best example:

1. It was narrated from Zaynab bint Abi Salamah that Umm Salamah said: “I got my menses when I was lying with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) under a single woollen sheet. I slipped away and put on the clothes I usually wore for menstruation. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me, ‘Have you got your menses?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ Then he called me and made me lie with him under the same sheet.”

She said: And she told me that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to kiss her when he was fasting, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and I used to do ghusl to cleanse ourselves from janaabah from one vessel.(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 316; Muslim, 296)

2. It was narrated that ‘Urwah ibn al-Zubayr said: “ ‘Aa’ishah said: ‘By Allaah, I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) standing at the door of my apartment when the Abyssinians were playing with their spears in the Mosque of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He covered me with his cloak so that I could watch their games, then he stood there for my sake until I was the one who had had enough. So you should appreciate the fact that young girls like to have fun.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 443; Muslim, 892)

3. It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah the Mother of the Believers (may Allaah be pleased with her) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray sitting down; he would recite Qur’aan when he was sitting down, then when there were thirty or forty aayahs left, he would stand up and recite them standing up. Then he did rukoo’, then sujood; then he would do likewise in the second rak’ah. When he had finished his prayer, he would look, and if I was awake he would talk with me, and if I was asleep he would lie down.

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1068)

(c) Not harming one’s wife.

This is one of the basic principles of Islam. Because harming others is haraam in the case of strangers, it is even more so in the case of harming one’s wife.

It was narrated from ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ruled, “There should be no harming nor reciprocating harm.” (Narrated by Ibn Maajah,, 2340)

This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Imaam Ahmad, al-Haakim, Ibn al-Salaah and others. See Khalaasat al-Badr al-Muneer, 2/438.

Among the things to which the Lawgiver drew attention in this matter is the prohibition of hitting or beating in a severe manner.

It was narrated from Jaabir that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in his Farewell Sermon:

“Fear Allah concerning women! Verily you have taken them on the security of Allah, and intercourse with them has been made lawful unto you by words of Allah. You too have rights over them, and that they should not allow anyone to sit on your bed [i.e., not let them into the house] whom you do not like. But if they do that, you can chastise them but not severely. Their rights upon you are that you should provide them with food and clothing in a fitting manner” (Narrated by Muslim, 1218)

To read about the rights of the husband from the
Source: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/10680/

Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Three things to consider

what sort of character does he have?

If he has good character despite his mishap he could be a good father but you also have to consider what his parents want for him.

and thirdly don't let your love for him be the deciding factor of you converting to Islam.

Allah knows best

fruitloops
01-30-2010, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaira
:sl: Sister.

I don't really understand how a man running away from his child is the islamic thing to do. :raging::raging::raging:

wasalaam.
Yes this is wat i dnt understand but its not his fault, he doesn't wanna run away he wants to be with us, his parents are the ones calling the shots here, he tried to defend me and he told his parent wat he wanted to do, they just beat him and told him he doesn't know what he talking about, he doesn't understand the demands of being a father and that if choose me over his parents then they'd abandon him. They dragged him away somewhere i don't know where but he tells me that its only temporary he thinks, they are thinking of taking him out the country or sumthin not sure imsad.

Yeah sister my parents have been supportive of me for keeping the child and everything else, they even tried to contact his parents, but they don't wanna know. They just hurled abuse at me and my parents calling me everything under the sun :(.

fruitloops
01-30-2010, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
Allaah has forbidden the adulterer and adulteress to marry unless they both repent. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
Yeah we both understand that what we did was wrong, i think he does more than any1 else, we want to repent and try to bring some good from all this, but his parents are saying the baby will remain a sin even if we get married.

Thanks for the source, so let me get this right, if we both repent for our sins and after the baby is born we can get married, Right? Just wanna re clarify, so what his parents are saying is complete bull**** and it won't be a sin if we get married after repenting and the baby is born, but the baby can't take on his name right?

Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
I think the parents are worried about their reputation in the community more than anything else.

If you can convince the guy to get a scholar so that he can talk to his parents and convince them somehow.

Allah knows best

fruitloops
01-30-2010, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Three things to consider

what sort of character does he have?

If he has good character despite his mishap he could be a good father but you also have to consider what his parents want for him.
This is just really one bad choice he's made, and i partly feel responsible for it all imsad. His character is good Muslim and I know he'll be good father, he's already shown that he's serious about it all, he's not gonna run away from his responsibility of a father, he wants to do right by us. His parents on the other hand have made it clear to him that he can't be a part of it and rather he should forget everything happen and i think they are even looking for a bride for him from his country :raging:, which is not fair to him or the bride to be. But thats not gonna happen anyway he said he'll run as far away from his parents, he's just waiting to the end of the semester so he doesn't jeopordize his education.

Three things to consider and thirdly don't let your love for him be the deciding factor of you converting to Islam.

Allah knows best
Mhmm of course not brother, i just observed him for a whilst we were friends and i found beauty in it so i decided to follow it up with research and things but since being pregnant I've had other things on my mind :(.

fruitloops
01-30-2010, 07:53 PM
I think the parents are worried about their reputation in the community more than anything else.

If you can convince the guy to get a scholar so that he can talk to his parents and convince them somehow.

Allah knows best

Mhmm dat was wat i was thinkin aswell, i knw asian communities are tight knit but ugh he can't breathe a word about it with out angering his parents, he can't tell his cousins or anythin. its like they've pushed it to the back of there mind and they just want to forget everything. I'll tell him about repenting the sources the sis have given me and hopefully he can try but i doubt it highly.

S<Chowdhury
01-30-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm sorry sis your in such a position, I hope you and your baby are well. I'd agree with Abdullahii its more of a culture and community thing rather than religious but that does have a factor to play. Its plainly clear from the fact they are trying to get him married before any word gets out that he has a unborn child. I think you need an Imam or Scholar to help sit his parents down and try to sort it out, instead of them living in denial because as you said he's gonna run away anyway so i think he should try to talk to his parents and give them an ultimatum that either they accept whats happened and try to resolve the issue in a Islamic way which seems possible or he walks away from his parents.

Take care sister

fruitloops
01-30-2010, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
I'm sorry sis your in such a position, I hope you and your baby are well. I'd agree with Abdullahii its more of a culture and community thing rather than religious but that does have a factor to play. Its plainly clear from the fact they are trying to get him married before any word gets out that he has a unborn child. I think you need an Imam or Scholar to help sit his parents down and try to sort it out, instead of them living in denial because as you said he's gonna run away anyway so i think he should try to talk to his parents and give them an ultimatum that either they accept whats happened and try to resolve the issue in a Islamic way which seems possible or he walks away from his parents.

Take care sister
Mhmm like i said I'll try but i doubt his parents are willing 2 listen

cat eyes
01-30-2010, 08:16 PM
hey i am sorry to hear of your problems but i am just curious to know what age is the father of your baby?:) because that might be one of the reasons his parents moved him away i cant imagine if he was older his parents would have any power over him what so ever because in islam its up to the adult to make there own decisions.

fruitloops
01-30-2010, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
hey i am sorry to hear of your problems but i am just curious to know what age is the father of your baby?:) because that might be one of the reasons his parents moved him away i cant imagine if he was older his parents would have any power over him what so ever because in islam its up to the adult to make there own decisions.
18 n in his first year of Uni, but apparently to his parents 18 is still not an adult so he ain't able to make his decisions.

KittenLover
01-30-2010, 08:29 PM
18 is young no wonder his parents are influencing him, which 18 year old is going to be able to go against his parents, he's only been out of school for 2 years. he's still a teenager not an adult.

he doesn't know the first thing about being independent, his mum probably still does his laundry and cooks his food for him. it's no wonder he's scared to go against them, asian mothers tend to make their children into mummy's boys by over mothering them.

so he will be scared to leave and be independent.

S<Chowdhury
01-30-2010, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KittenLover
18 is young no wonder his parents are influencing him, which 18 year old is going to be able to go against his parents, he's only been out of school for 2 years. he's still a teenager not an adult.

he doesn't know the first thing about being independent, his mum probably still does his laundry and cooks his food for him. it's no wonder he's scared to go against them, asian mothers tend to make their children into mummy's boys by over mothering them.

LOL True Say Sis its a fact in some cases but not all mind you, some can cook and clean like mee :statisfie.

Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 08:34 PM
18 is young no wonder his parents are influencing him, which 18 year old is going to be able to go against his parents, he's only been out of school for 2 years.

I disagree because you've basically painted a picture of a toddler boy without knowing any intricate details about the brother.

The sister said he has good character and is willing to look after the baby that's the only details we have and him having that desire to look after his baby it isnt an immature behavior to me

fruitloops
01-30-2010, 08:40 PM
I didn't really want to mention it but ugh he's not scared of being idependent thats what he wants to do be able to make his choices, but his dad n his uncle n his mum r not listening to him, the one time he did try to tell them he's want to make his choice of being a father n stuff, he ended up in hospital with broken ribs n brusing on his arm, n soon after they moved him away. Obv he won't tell me that his family did it but i hav a feelin dey did sumthin, he just told the police n every1 that he about 2 get robbed n he fought bak.

KittenLover
01-30-2010, 08:40 PM
I disagree because you've basically painted a picture of a toddler boy without knowing any intricate details about the brother.

The sister said he has good character and is willing to look after the baby that's the only details we have and him having that desire to look after his baby it isnt an immature behavior to me
I'm not saying he is immature, I'm saying he probably doesn't know how to live life away from his parents and be independent which is 1 of the factors that could be stopping him.

if you've lived with your parents all your life and never been independent it's gonna be scary for anyone to move out away from them and be independent cos they've relied on their parents since they were babies.

i.e they've never ran a house and paid bills or rent/mortgage or supported anyone. and this lack of experience is scary for anyone.

S<Chowdhury
01-30-2010, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fruitloops
I didn't really want to mention it but ugh he's not scared of being idependent thats what he wants to do be able to make his choices, but his dad n his uncle n his mum r not listening to him, the one time he did try to tell them he's want to make his choice of being a father n stuff, he ended up in hospital with broken ribs n brusing on his arm, n soon after they moved him away. Obv he won't tell me that his family did it but i hav a feelin dey did sumthin, he just told the police n every1 that he about 2 get robbed n he fought bak.
Raaawww I feel soo bad for this brother, obv if its true that he's been physically hurt by his family, i think to leave home as quick as possible is the best idea, no one should endure that because of one mistake. imsad

Cabdullahi
01-30-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm not saying he is immature, I'm saying he probably doesn't know how to live life away from his parents and be independent which is 1 of the factors that could be stopping him.

if you've lived with your parents all your life and never been independent it's gonna be scary for anyone to move out away from them and be independent cos they've relied on their parents since they were babies.

i.e they've never ran a house and paid bills or rent/mortgage or supported anyone. and this lack of experience is scary for anyone.
I agree with you sister but there's capacity to learn

KittenLover
01-30-2010, 08:47 PM
well in that case he's being forced against his will then, asian family's can be like this, it's seen as something shameful and they wanna keep it hush hush so the relatives don't find out. Cos they probably wanna get him married off to some 1 of their choice.

if he was a girl and was pregnant I think it would've been alot worse for him, but I just want you to know that his family's reaction isn't Islamic, it's cultural.

just like honour killings are also cultural and not Islamic. hmm I don't know what could be done.

cat eyes
01-30-2010, 08:47 PM
yes is true it is scary! you hit the nail on the head sister kitten.

I heard of one funny story of an 18year old pakistani who came here to work after spending two weeks here he was crying to go back to his mum and dad ;D because he hated cooking and cleaning and paying bills and stuff. he use to work in my local shop ;D

so i think what kitten is trying to say is that mostly every 18year olds are use to that treatment and if he was to ever leave he'd probably go running back to his parents months later, u can never know. everyone wants to be independant its a fact however doing it is not so easy in the first stages.

KittenLover
01-30-2010, 08:52 PM

I heard of one funny story of an 18year old pakistani who came here to work after spending two weeks here he was crying to go back to his mum and dad ;D because he hated cooking and cleaning and paying bills and stuff. he use to work in my local shop ;D

so i think what kitten is trying to say is that mostly every 18year olds are use to that treatment and if he was to ever leave he'd probably go running back to his parents months later, u can never know. everyone wants to be independant its a fact however doing it is not so easy in the first stages.
yeah ;D he has to make sure he's content with being away from his parents incase they don't come round, cos if he leaves they might never accept him back, or they could come round eventually after some years.

but he has to decide/choose which 1 he wants and then make the sacrifices for it.

if he wants you and the baby, he has to sacrifice his family, if he wants his family he has to sacrifice you and the baby.

that's if his family don't come round, and I can't see them coming round from what you said.

eventually he's gonna have to decide, his baby or his family.

S<Chowdhury
01-30-2010, 08:53 PM

that story sounds familiar but i think it all depends on how much the brother in question is committed to the child and its mother. He seems to be taking the right steps in accepting his responsibility to the child and wanting to be a part of its life. Time will only tell whether he sticks by them or the trials of being a father is just too much for him i think but right now its him trying to get away from his parents which is the issue, they put in hospital supposedly who knows what lengths they might take.

fruitloops
01-30-2010, 09:04 PM
they put in hospital supposedly who knows what lengths they might take.
Now you've hit the nail on the head i think bro, thats what i am also afraid of, if his fam did put him in hospital, i've heard stories them drugging there children and taking back to there country to be married n things like dat. But his too loyal to his family afta all this he won't speak ill of his parents which :raging:, he seems to think its okey n understandable that they r doin this 2 him :(. I can't tell you whether he'll stand by us like S<Chowdhury said only time will tell but from the year i've known n things i think he will. Isn't fatherhood all about learning as u go along but i knw there da financial aspect of things aswell n him goin thru uni n stuff, but my parents like i said are supportive n haven't got a problem with us stayin at home.

But I'm at a dead end of what to do with his parents

KittenLover
01-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Now you've hit the nail on the head i think bro, thats what i am also afraid of, if his fam did put him in hospital, i've heard stories them drugging there children and taking back to there country to be married n things like dat. But his too loyal to his family afta all this he won't speak ill of his parents which :raging:, he seems to think its okey n understandable that they r doin this 2 him :(. I can't tell you whether he'll stand by us like S<Chowdhury said only time will tell but from the year i've known n things i think he will. Isn't fatherhood all about learning as u go along but i knw there da financial aspect of things aswell n him goin thru uni n stuff, but my parents like i said are supportive n haven't got a problem with us stayin at home.

In that case I think he is afraid of what his parents will do to him if he leaves.

sabr*
01-30-2010, 10:28 PM

Allah knows best

اشْهَدُ انْ لّآ اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ وَ اَشْهَدُ اَنَّ مُحَمَّدً اعَبْدُه وَ رسوله

Ašh hadu al-lā ilāha illā-llāhu, wa
ašh hadu anna Muhammadun ‘abduhu wa rasūluhu
I bear witness that none is worthy of worship but Allah, the One alone, without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger

Greetings to you Advice Needed:

First I would extend my sincere hopes that everything works out.

My advice to you is that you discontinue your inquiry on this forum and seek advice from the Imam, wife of the Imam or Muslim Scholar in your local community.

Keep the questions general, No names (Further embarrassment to parents may continue the isolation)

Muslims are commanded to obey parents in that which is lawful:

Surah Isra 17:23

17:23 Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour. (Y. Ali translation)

Surah An'am 6:151

6:151 Say: "Come, I will rehearse what Allah hath (really) prohibited you from": Join not anything as equal with Him; be good to your parents; kill not your children on a plea of want;- We provide sustenance for you and for them;- come not nigh to shameful deeds. Whether open or secret; take not life, which Allah hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn wisdom. (Y. Ali translation)

Unbelievable that Allah has included be kind to your parents and not kill your children out of want in same ayah.

Sahih Muslim Book Ch 1 Book 032, Number 6181:

Abu Huraira reported that a person said: Allah's Messenger, who amongst the people is most deserving of my good treatment? He said: Your mother, again your mother, again your mother, then your father, then your nearest relatives according to the order (of nearness).

Because in Islam fornication is a sin the way this can be handled requires a delicate balance of you gathering information on Islam to educate yourself. This can assist you in understanding why the parents who love their son would not realize they are abandoning a grandchild. Make every effort to keep the identity of the people involved private.

You can see already that people want to know the particulars, details, etc.
Some will hang on every word. The inquiry will be endless.

In Islam we don't publish other Muslims sins.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 9, Book 85, Hadith No. 84

Narrated by Anas (r.a.) The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Help your brother whether he is an oppressor or an oppressed,"
A man said, "O Allah's Apostle! I will help him if he is oppressed, but if he is an oppressor, how shall I help him?"
The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing (others), for that is how to help him."

Sahih Muslim Ch 7 Book 032, Number 6214:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Avoid suspicion, for suspicion is the gravest lie in talk and do not be inquisitive about one another and do not spy upon one another and do not feel envy with the other, and nurse no malice, and nurse no aversion and hostility against one another. And be fellow-brothers and servants of Allah.

Sahih Muslim Ch 8 Book 032, Number 6219:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Don't nurse grudge and don't bid him out for raising the price and don't nurse aversion or enmity and don't enter into a transaction when the others have entered into that transaction and be as fellow-brothers and servants of Allah. A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim. He neither oppresses him nor humiliates him nor looks down upon him. The piety is here, (and while saying so) he pointed towards his chest thrice. It is a serious evil for a Muslim that he should look down upon his brother Muslim. All things of a Muslim are inviolable for his brother in faith: his blood, his wealth and his honour.

There are no Scholars currently on duty in forum so seeking out the suggestions (if you feel it applies to you) is best.

Asiyah3
01-31-2010, 12:02 AM
Some Hadiths:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who repents from sin is like one who did not commit sin.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 4250; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

None of us is free from sin. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Every son of Adam is a sinner, and the best of sinners are those who turn (to Allah) in repentance.”

Al-Bukhaari (7507) and Muslim (2758) narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that his Lord said: “My slave commits sin, then he says, ‘O Allaah, forgive me my sin.’ Then Allaah says, ‘My slave has committed a sin, but he knows that he has a Lord Who forgives sin and takes away sin. So I forgive My slave.’ Then he commits sin again, and says, ‘O Allaah, forgive me my sin.’ Then Allaah says, ‘My slave has committed a sin, but he knows that he has a Lord Who forgives sin and takes away sin. So I forgive My slave.’ Then he commits sin again, and says, ‘O Allaah, forgive me my sin.’ Then Allaah says, ‘My slave has committed a sin, but he knows that he has a Lord Who forgives sin and takes away sin. So I forgive My slave.’ …”

Snowflake
01-31-2010, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
:welcome: to the Forum. I'm very glad that you came to ask about your case :statisfie May Allah guide you to the straight path.

“The adulterer — fornicator marries not but an adulteress — fornicatress or a Mushrikah; and the adulteress –fornicatress, none marries her except an adulterer — fornicater or a Mushrik [and that means that the man who agrees to marry (have a sexual relation with) a Mushrikah (female polytheist, pagan or idolatress) or a prostitute, then surely, he is either an adulterer — fornicator, or a Mushrik (polytheist, pagan or idolater). And the woman who agrees to marry (have a sexual relation with) a Mushrik (polytheist, pagan or idolater) or an adulterer — fornicator, then she is either a prostitute or a Mushrikah (female polytheist, pagan, or idolatress)]. Such a thing is forbidden to the believers (of Islamic Monotheism)”

If she is pregnant, it is not permissible for him to marry her until after she delivers the baby, in accordance with the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), in which he forbade a man to use his water to irrigate the crops of another.

Source: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/14381

To summerize: Both of them must repent to Allaah (zina is an immoral action and a major sin), and give up this sin, and regret what has happened of immoral actions, and resolve not to do it again. Then it will be permissible for him to marry her, after she delivers the baby.

Please feel free to ask any questions.
:sl:

I believe the fatwa has been misinterpreted. It does say that a man cannot marry a woman who has commited zina and gotten pregnant until after she has given birth. But this relates to getting pregnant from a different man, since, ' in accordance with the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), in which he forbade a man to use his water to irrigate the crops of another.' To me that means that a man cannot marry a woman if she is already pregnant from another man. Meaning he cannot marry a woman carrying another man's baby - that which is not his.

Furthermore, the fatwa below says a man cannot marry a woman who has committed adultery until she repents. It doesn't say anything about the man repenting because the fatwa is speaking about a pious man marrying a woman who is pregnant by another man - not about an adulterer marrying an adulteress.

In the O.P's case they can get married if they repent.

O.P. Please ask a scholar.

:wa:

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem was asked about the ruling on getting married to a woman who has committed zina. He said: “it is not permissible to marry the woman who has committed adultery until she repents… if a man wants to marry her, he has to be sure that she is not pregnant, by waiting until she has a period before he does the marriage contract with her. If she is pregnant, then it is not permissible for him to marry her until she has given birth.”

See al-Fataawa al-Jaami’ah li’l-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 2/584

fruitloops
01-31-2010, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr62
ه

First I would extend my sincere hopes that everything works out.

My advice to you is that you discontinue your inquiry on this forum and seek advice from the Imam, wife of the Imam or Muslim Scholar in your local community.

Keep the questions general, No names (Further embarrassment to parents may continue the isolation)
Yh i knw dat but lyk i aint a propa muslim yet i sorta jus began in2 it, plus i dnt knw any Imams or Scholars hence da reason i fought dis culd be alternative :hmm:

Muslims are commanded to obey parents in that which is lawful:

Surah Isra 17:23

17:23 Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour. (Y. Ali translation)
Soo even when da parents are telling him da wrong fings n making the situation worse he shuld still obey ?

Because in Islam fornication is a sin the way this can be handled requires a delicate balance of you gathering information on Islam to educate yourself. This can assist you in understanding why the parents who love their son would not realize they are abandoning a grandchild. Make every effort to keep the identity of the people involved private.

You can see already that people want to know the particulars, details, etc.
Some will hang on every word. The inquiry will be endless.

In Islam we don't publish other Muslims sins.
Okey fair enuf, yeah they love their son enuf to beat the daylights out of him to make sure they abandon dere grandchild, i realii see the love there.

Asiyah3
01-31-2010, 12:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

I believe the fatwa has been misinterpreted. It does say that a man cannot marry a woman who has commited zina and gotten pregnant until after she has given birth. But this relates to getting pregnant from a different man, since, ' in accordance with the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), in which he forbade a man to use his water to irrigate the crops of another.' To me that means that a man cannot marry a woman if she is already pregnant from another man. Meaning he cannot marry a woman carrying another man's baby - that which is not his.

Furthermore, the fatwa below says a man cannot marry a woman who has committed adultery until she repents. It doesn't say anything about the man repenting because the fatwa is speaking about a pious man marrying a woman who is pregnant by another man - not about an adulterer marrying an adulteress.

In the O.P's case they can get married if they repent.

O.P. Please ask a scholar.

JazakialLahu khairan. I'll check this out, insha'lLah

Snowflake
01-31-2010, 12:47 PM
InshaAllah, wa iyyaki.

Asiyah3
01-31-2010, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

I believe the fatwa has been misinterpreted.

Fruitloops, This and my next two posts aren't a response to you. I already quoted the abbreviation to you.

The Case:
He committed adultery and his conscience is troubling him, and he wants to get rid of the foetus

Question:
I a Moslem single person, who lives in the USA. I committed adultery many times with the same woman. Now, the women is pregnant. I would like to know if I can marry her in order to solve the problem (I mean cover the scandal)so the baby will find a father and gets the name. Actually, unfortunately, I would prefer abortion and I wish to convince her to do that, but don't know if this is considered killing a person. If so, I would feel guilty because of that. I believe the embryo is about 6-8 weeks. Please I need your help as soon as possible, Jazak Allah Khair.

Answer: Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly, my brother in Islam, I offer you my condolences for the faith that you lost during the times when you were committing adultery. For the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When an adulterer commits illegal sexual intercourse, then he is not a believer at the time he is doing it, and when a drinker of an alcoholic liquor drinks it, then he is not a believer at the time of drinking it, and when a thief steals, then he is not a believer at the time of stealing, and when a robber robs, and the people look at him, then he is not a believer at the time of doing robbery.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 2475)

Have you not read what your Lord says in His Book?

“And come not near to unlawful sex. Verily, it is a Faahishah (i.e. anything that transgresses its limits: a great sin, and an evil way that leads one to Hell unless Allaah forgives him)”

[al-Israa’ 17:32 – interpretation of the meaning]

Do you not know that Allaah sees you wherever you are, and He hears you when you speak?

Do you not remember the great blessings that Allaah has bestowed upon you? For He is the One Who heals you when you are sick, the One Who feeds you when you are hungry and gives you to drink when you are thirsty. And He has given you the greatest blessing that He has bestowed upon mankind, the blessing of Islam. “Is there any reward for good – other than good?” [al-Rahmaan 55:60 – interpretation of the meaning]

My brother, ask yourself, Whose dominion do you live under? Whose provision do you eat from? By Whose command do you live? Is it not the dominion of Allaah, the provision of Allaah, the command of Allaah? So how can you disobey Allaah?

Perhaps you have forgotten the hadeeth of the Mi’raaj, in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“… then we proceeded and came to something like a tannoor (a kind of oven).” [The narrator] said: “I think he said, ‘in which there were clamouring voices.’” He [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] said: “We looked into it and there we saw naked men and women. Flames were coming to them from the bottom of it, and when the flames reached them, they made an uproar. I said to them [i.e., the two angels who were accompanying him], ‘Who are these?’ They said, ‘Proceed, proceed!’… I said to them, ‘I have seen strange things this night. What is this that I have seen?’ They said, ‘We will tell you…. The naked men and women in the structure that resembled a tannoor oven are the adulterers and adulteresses.’”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari in Baab Ithm al-Zunaat, no. 7047).

So you must hasten to repent sincerely before death overtakes you, for the gate of repentance is open until the sun rises from the west or before the soul reaches the throat [at death]. Allaah rejoices over the repentance of His slave, and He will change his bad deeds (sayi’aat) into good deeds (hasanaat). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who invoke not any other ilaah (god) along with Allaah, nor kill such person as Allaah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.

The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;

Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds; for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful.

And whosoever repents and does righteous good deeds; then verily, he repents towards Allaah with true repentance[al-Furqaan 25:68-71]

Secondly, with regard to your question, “Do I have to marry her?”, this is the issue of the adulterer marrying the woman with whom he committed adultery. The answer is that it is not permissible for him (the adulterer) to marry her, or for her to marry him, until the label of adultery no longer applies to them. That label can only be removed through repentance.

It is not permissible for you to marry her even if she is Jewish or Christian, because she is a zaaniyah (adulteress). Even if she is Muslim, it is not permissible for you to marry her because she is a zaaniyah. And it is not permissible for her to accept you as a husband because you are a zaani (adulterer). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The adulterer — fornicator marries not but an adulteress — fornicatress or a Mushrikah; and the adulteress –fornicatress, none marries her except an adulterer — fornicator or a Mushrik [and that means that the man who agrees to marry (have a sexual relation with) a Mushrikah (female polytheist, pagan or idolatress) or a prostitute, then surely, he is either an adulterer — fornicator, or a Mushrik (polytheist, pagan or idolater). And the woman who agrees to marry (have a sexual relation with) a Mushrik (polytheist, pagan or idolater) or an adulterer — fornicator, then she is either a prostitute or a Mushrikah (female polytheist, pagan, or idolatress)]. Such a thing is forbidden to the believers (of Islamic Monotheism)”[al-Noor 24:3]

The phrase “Such a thing is forbidden to the believers” indicates that this marriage is forbidden.

“It is essential that both of you repent to Allaah, give up this sin, regret the evil actions that have occurred in the past, resolve not to return to them, and do many righteous deeds, so that Allaah may accept your repentance and turn your bad deeds (sayi’aat) into good deeds (hasanaat). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

‘And those who invoke not any other ilaah (god) along with Allaah, nor kill such person as Allaah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.

The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;

Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds; for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful.

And whosoever repents and does righteous good deeds; then verily, he repents towards Allaah with true repentance’

[al-Furqaan 25:68-71]

If you want to marry her, you have to be sure that she is not pregnant by waiting to see if she menstruates before you do so. If it becomes apparent that she is pregnant, it is not permissible for you to marry her until after she delivers the baby, in accordance with the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), in which he forbade a man to use his water to irrigate the crops of another.”

(Fatwas of the Standing Committee in al-Buhooth al-Islamiyyah magazine, vol. 9, p. 72)

Thirdly, you say, “so the baby will find a father and gets the name” This is the matter of attributing the child of adultery: who is he to be named after?

The answer is that the majority of scholars said that the child of adultery should not be named after the adulterer, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The child goes to the owner of the bed and the adulterer gets nothing but the stones (despair, i.e., to be stoned to death).” (Agreed upon. Al-Bukhaari 2053; Muslim, 1457. Al-Mughni by Ibn Qudaamah, vol. 7, p. 129)

Fourthly, you say, that you would prefer the woman to get rid of the baby. This is the issue of abortion, and the ruling on that is as stated in the report of the Committee of Senior Scholars (Hay’at Kibaar al-‘Ulamaa’), no. 140, dated 20/6/1407 AH, which is as follows:

“1 – It is not permissible to abort the pregnancy at any of its various stages except for a legitimate shar’i reason, and within very narrow limits.

2 – If the pregnancy is in the first stage, which is forty days, and aborting it will serve a legitimate shar’i interest or ward off some harm, then it is permissible to abort it. But aborting it at this stage for fear of difficulty in bringing up children or in providing for them or teaching them, or fear for their future, or because the couple feel that they have enough children – this is not permitted.

3 – It is not permissible to abort the pregnancy once it has become an ‘alaqah (clot) or mudghah (chewed lump of flesh) [i.e., after 40 days’ gestation] unless a trustworthy medical committee has stated that allowing the pregnancy to continue poses a danger to the health of the mother, such that there is the fear that she will die if the pregnancy continues. In this case it is permissible to abort the pregnancy, after exhausting all other means of trying to ward off that danger.

After the third stage, and after the completion of four months of pregnancy, it is not permissible for you to abort the pregnancy unless a group of trustworthy specialist doctors decide that leaving the foetus in his mother’s womb will lead to the death of the mother; this is after exhausting all possible means of keeping the foetus alive. Performing an abortion subject to these conditions is permitted in order to ward off the greater of the two harms, and to preserve the greater of the two interests.”

(Quoted from al-Fataawa al-Jaami’ah, vol. 3, p. 1055)

We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound and to accept our repentance. May Allaah bless our prophet Muhammad.

Asiyah3
01-31-2010, 12:56 PM
The Case: He wants to marry a girl with whom he had a relationship

Question: I hope you can help me as I am in a deep trouble. I knew some girl who works far from where her family lives. For two years we had a loving relationship, we were meeting and committing Zina (adultery), we agreed to marry because I can not forget her, and she can not forget me either. Since she knew me she became religious and changed a lot. Allah knows how much I love her. Do you advise me to marry her? I am suffering.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Before answering your question, we must remind you that it is obligatory to repent and regret what you have done with this woman, because you have fallen into several major sins, the most serious of which is zina (fornication) which is clearly forbidden in the Qur'aan and Sunnah, and the scholars are unanimously agreed that it is haraam, and wise people are unanimously agreed that it is abhorrent and evil.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And come not near to unlawful sex. Verily, it is a Faahishah (i.e. anything that transgresses its limits: a great sin), and an evil way that leads one to hell unless Allaah forgives him)”

[al-Isra’ 17:32]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No adulterer is a believer at the time when he is committing adultery.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2475) and Muslim (57).

There is a severe punishment for zina in al-Barzakh, before the punishment in the Hereafter. In the famous hadeeth of Samurah ibn Jundub (may Allaah be pleased with him) about the dream, it says:

“… then we [i.e., the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and Jibreel and Mikaa’eel] proceeded and came to something like a tannoor (a kind of oven), in which there were clamouring voices.” He [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)] said: “We looked into it and there we saw naked men and women. Flames were coming to them from the bottom of it, and when the flames reached them, they made uproar. I said to them [i.e., the two angels who were accompanying him], ‘Who are these?’ … They said, ‘We will tell you. As for the naked men and women in the structure that resembled a tannoor oven, they are the adulterers and adulteresses.’”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6640).

Allaah has ordained the hadd punishment for zina. He says concerning the hadd punishment for an unmarried person (interpretation of the meaning):

“The fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allaah, if you believe in Allaah and the Last Day. And let a party of the believers witness their punishment”

[al-Noor 24:2]

As for the person who has previously been married, the hadd punishment is execution, In the hadeeth narrated by Imam Muslim in his Saheeh (3199) it is narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For a previously-married person with a previously-married person, [the punishment is] one hundred lashes and stoning.”

What we have said to you applies to the woman too, and she should realize that her sin is even worse, but because, as you say, she has become righteous, we hope that her repentance is sincere and that Allaah will forgive her by His grace and kindness.

Secondly:

You should note that if you have not both repented from the sin of zina, then it is not permissible for you to marry her, because Allaah has forbidden the zaani and zaaniyah to marry unless they both repent. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

[al-Noor 24:3]

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

This clearly points to the abhorrent nature of zina, and that is tarnishes the honour of the one who does it in a way that other sins do not. Allaah tells us that no woman would marry a zaani but a woman who is also a zaaniyah, who is like him, or a mushrik woman who associates others with Allaah and does not believe in the Resurrection or in reward and punishment (in the Hereafter), and who does not adhere to the commands of Allaah. And similarly, no one would marry a zaaniyah except a zaani or a mushrik. “Such a thing is forbidden to the believers” means, it is haraam for them to marry zaanis or zaaniyahs.

What the verse means is that if a person wants to marry the man or woman who commits zina and has not repented from that, despite the fact that Allaah has prohibited that, then he is either not adhering to the ruling of Allaah and His Messenger, in which case he cannot be anything but a mushrik, or he is adhering to the ruling of Allaah and His Messenger but he agrees to this marriage despite knowing that this person has committed zina, in which case this marriage is also zina, and he is an immoral zaani. If he truly believed in Allaah, he would not do that. This clearly indicates that it is haraam to marry a zaaniyah unless she repents, or to marry a zaani unless he repents, because marriage is the strongest type of companionship, and Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Assemble those who did wrong, together with their companions” [al-Saaffaat 37:22]. Allaah has forbidden that because of what it involves of great evil, and lack of protective jealousy, and attribution of children who are not his to the husband, and the zaani failing to keep her chaste because he is distracted elsewhere, any one of which is sufficient reason for the prohibition. End quote.

Tafseer al-Sa’di (p. 561).

The scholars of the Standing Committee were asked:

A man committed zina with a virgin and wants to marry her. Is it permissible for him to do that?

They replied:

If the matter is as described, each of them must repent to Allaah and give up this sin, and regret what has happened of immoral actions, and resolve not to do it again, and do a lot of good deeds, in the hope that Allaah will accept their repentance and turn their bad deeds into good. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who invoke not any other ilaah (god) along with Allaah, nor kill such person as Allaah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse ___ and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.

69. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;

70. Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds; for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful

71. And whosoever repents and does righteous good deeds; then verily, he repents towards Allaah with true repentance”

[al-Furqaan 25:68-70]

If he wants to marry her, then he must wait for one menstrual cycle to establish whether her womb is empty before doing the marriage contract with her. If it turns out that she is pregnant, then it is not permissible for him to do the marriage contract with her until after she gives birth, in accordance with the hadeeth in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade a man to water the crop of another with his own water. End quote.

Fataawa Islamiyyah (3/247).

So repent to Allaah and set your affairs straight, and do a lot of good deeds, and after that it will be permissible for you to get married. We ask Allaah to accept your repentance and to forgive you, by His grace and mercy.

See also question no. 85335.

And Allaah knows best.

Asiyah3
01-31-2010, 12:59 PM
The case: She advised him and he came to thank her, and they committed zina

Question:
I am a young woman from a very well-known family. All my life I have been religiously committed and of good character, as all will attest, but I do not know what is the reason that caused me to get to know a young man. I wanted to help him because he had suffered the calamity of his father’s death, and he is responsible for his siblings and his mother, but he went down the path of keeping company with bad people. I advised him and I felt it was my duty to stand beside him and advise him sincerely. Eventually he returned to his studies and gave up those bad friends, and he changed completely. His mother asked him the reason, and he told her. She spoke to me and thanked me for being patient with her son. One day he came for a visit to see me, and I did not know why I did not hesitate. I went to see him, and I felt as if he was my brother. We spent some time together and what happened happened, unfortunately. Now he wants to come and propose marriage to me, but it is impossible. He is three years younger than me, and he is not of the same nationality as me. Now I am pregnant and I want Allaah to conceal my sin and I want to repent. I know that I have done wrong, and you will criticize me severely, but I want to repent and I want a solution.

Firstly:

Perhaps your letter will be a lesson to those who claim that a relationship between a man and a non-mahram woman can be “innocent”, and to those who claim that such relationships are Islamically acceptable if they are for the purpose of giving advice, and to those who want to “water down” the religion to allow relationships between men and women in the name of modernity, and claim that there is no reason why this should not be done, and that woman are able to control themselves… and other such foolish justifications.

It is a lesson for all those who are heedless of the laws of Allaah and pay no attention to the warning of our Lord, may He blessed and exalted, against following in the footsteps of the shaytaan, and they continue to take these matters lightly until they find themselves in deep trouble. You were heedless with regard to this young man and you went ahead and spoke with him and advised him, then you agreed to receive him in your house, then you agreed to be alone with him, then the Shaytaan made attractive to you the idea that he was like your brother, then what? Then you committed zina in the same meeting and in your house, with one whom the shaytaan made you think was like your brother! Which was the first step of the shaytaan? It was speaking to this non-mahram man, then the other steps of the shaytaan came one after another until you committed this most abhorrent of sins. Hence we can see the wisdom in the words of Allaah, may He be exalted (interpretation of the meaning):

“And come not near to unlawful sex. Verily, it is a Faahishah (i.e. anything that transgresses its limits: a great sin), and an evil way (that leads one to hell unless Allaah Forgives him)”

[al-Isra’ 17:32]

Allaah did not only forbid zina itself, rather He forbade coming near to it. The aim here is to forbid the things that lead to it. We ask Allaah to conceal your sin and to forgive you, and to help you to repent sincerely.

Secondly:

There is no doubt that zina is a grave sin, and it is one of the major sins. Hence the punishment for it is one that points to the seriousness of this sin and the abhorrence with which it is regarded in sharee’ah and by wisdom and common sense.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Allaah ordained punishment for zina that differs from the punishment for other crimes in three ways:

1 – Execution in the most unpleasant form; when the punishment is reduced, it still combines the physical punishment of flogging with the emotional punishment of banishment.

2 – He forbade people when carrying out the punishment on the adulterers, to feel pity for them that would prevent them from carrying out the punishment. By His mercy towards them He prescribed this punishment, and He is more merciful to them than you, but His mercy did not prevent Him from ordaining this punishment, so your pity should not prevent you from carrying out His command…

3 – He enjoined that their punishment be carried out in the presence of some of the believers; it should not be done in isolation where no one can see them. That is more effective in serving the purpose of the punishment, and serves as a deterrent. End quote.

Al-Jawaab al-Kaafi, p. 144, 115

Thirdly:

Although this sin is so serious and abhorrent, Allaah has opened the door of repentance to those who commit it, and He has promised that if they are sincere in their repentance, He will turn their bad deeds into good deeds.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:

What should the person who has committed zina do in order to rid himself of the effects of that action of his?

He replied:

Zina is one of the most serious of haraam actions and the worst of major sins. Allaah warns the mushrikeen, murderers and adulterers of multiple punishments on the Day of Resurrection, and of eternal humiliation and torment, because of the seriousness and abhorrence of their crimes, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who invoke not any other ilaah (god) along with Allaah, nor kill such person as Allaah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse — and whoever does this shall receive the punishment.

69. The torment will be doubled to him on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein in disgrace;

70. Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds”

[al-Furqaan 25:68-70]

The one who has fallen into such sin has to repent to Allaah sincerely, and follow that with sincere belief and righteous deeds. Repentance is sincere if the penitent gives up the sin, regrets what has happened in the past and resolves never to go back to it, out of fear of Allaah and awe of Him, hoping for His reward and fearing His punishment. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And verily, I am indeed forgiving to him who repents, believes (in My Oneness, and associates none in worship with Me) and does righteous good deeds, and then remains constant in doing them (till his death)”

[Ta-Ha 20:82]

Every Muslim man and Muslim woman must beware of this great evil and the things that lead to it, and hasten to repent from whatever is already past. Allaah will accept the repentance of those who are sincere and forgive them.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 9/442

Fourthly:

It is not permissible for two people who have committed zina to get married except after having repented sincerely, because Allaah has forbidden that to the believers:

[al-Noor 24:3]

We have already explained the ruling on this issue in the answer to questions no. 14381, 22448, 11195.

Fifthly:

If the soul has been breathed into the foetus, then aborting it would be another crime in addition to zina. We have explained the ruling on this issue in the answer to questions no. 13317, 11195 and 40269.

Sixthly:

The solution to your problem is to inform wise people among your family about your situation. The one who transgresses the laws of Allaah must inevitably face the consequences of his sin, in many cases. The family has to stand with their daughter sooner rather than later. Even if she aborts the foetus before the soul has been breathed into it, she is no longer regarded as a virgin, and this will also cause some problems at the time of marriage. Whatever the case, they have to solve their daughter’s problem, for she has repented and regretted her sin, and “the one who repents from sin is like one who has not sinned at all” – narrated by Ibn Maajah, 4250; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 3145. Even if she does not commit any sin after she repents, her sin has serious repercussions which must be dealt with before news of it becomes widespread and affects the family as a whole. The solution is not to marry her to that zaani before he repents, because marriage to a zaani is haraam, as stated above. But if they both repent, there is nothing wrong with them getting married in sha Allaah.

It is not permissible for her to marry anyone else until her womb is emptied, which is when she gives birth. The evidence for that is the report narrated by Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said: “Do not have intercourse with a pregnant woman until she gives birth, or with one who is not pregnant until she has menstruated once.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2157. al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said in al-Talkhees al-Habeer (1/171,172): Its isnaad is hasan.

In order to understand the greatness of Allaah’s bounty in accepting His slaves’ repentance and to know that He accepts the repentance of the penitent no matter how great and how many their sins, please see the answers to the questions no. 624, 13990, 47834, 23485 and 20983

And Allaah knows best.

Scents of Jannah, this may be what you meant:

It is not permissible for her to marry anyone else until her womb is emptied, which is when she gives birth. The evidence for that is the report narrated by Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said: “Do not have intercourse with a pregnant woman until she gives birth, or with one who is not pregnant until she has menstruated once.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2157. al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said in al-Talkhees al-Habeer (1/171,172): Its isnaad is hasan.

S<Chowdhury
01-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Is he doing the right thing by leaving home? because i know your not suppose to disobey your parents wishes but i don't think the parents are making sensible choices personally.
I think I forgot to say how brave this brother is being in attempting to raise a child at 18 though it was unplanned and done in sin, most brother unfortunately when they get them selves in to this situation often run the other way in fear of his parents and the responsibilities that come with fatherhood.

In terms of leaving home, he needs to think carefully about it. From the sisters response it seems possible to marry you n raise the child Islam wise, but i think before he decides he needs to ask himself the question Is this what he really wants? He needs to seriously think about it because marriage n being a father is a pretty huge commitment and something not to take light heartedly , so before he makes any more decisions he needs to seriously take a week or so to understand what the responsibilities of being in a marriage are n understands a the demands of being a father are, i guess other brothers on IB who are fathers could fill him in on what it is about being a father. Until he's answered the question and is willing to give 110% at giving this a try he shouldn't try to leave home or anything else.

He also needs to make plans, leaving home is the easy part how you support yourself financially and things is harder let alone raising a child. I'm guessing you are from the UK so benefits etc you should read up on what your eligible for and get ahead before the baby is born so your on top of things. I'm not gonna paint you rosy picture after he leaves home n everything will work out. I think you know aswell as anybody its gonna be hard and a struggle, he's in Uni so its a hard balance of studying and night feeding etc i guess. Its good to see your parents are supporting you, so with there support it makes things easier.

In terms of is it right to leave home, i'll leave other brothers n sisters to give you a better Islamic perspective, however if you are saying that his parents are physically forcing and if they've put in hospital once then that is one too many n its best to leave home if he really wants to be a father n a husband.

But remember it's always better to go to a counsellor, Imam or Scholar before you make a final decision and that is what I'd advise aswell. I hope everything works out sister.

Asiyah3
01-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Soo even when da parents are telling him da wrong fings n making the situation worse he shuld still obey ?

Okey fair enuf, yeah they love their son enuf to beat the daylights out of him to make sure they abandon dere grandchild, i realii see the love there.
I strongly hope you will read the following, please.
You don't have to read it all, but please read at least the mother's rights -part. (And if you want to know about obeing one's parents in unreasonble/unjust things , you could also read the second part (rights over the mother)):

The case: My mother’s rights over me, my rights over her, and the extent of my independence

Question: I have a few questions concerning parents
1-What right does my Mother have over me?
2-What right do I have over my mother?
3-What do I have the freedom to do (which is Halal or Mubah, Ofcourse.) without my Mother having the right to stop me?
4-When does the Father have the final say in a matter?
I love my mother very, very, very much. She is very over protective, and sometimes I feel like I'm in chains. I know she is doing it out of extreme love for me. How can I tell her that I need a little choice of my own in life.

1 – The mother’s rights over her child

The mother has many major rights over her child. These rights are innumerable, but we may mention the following:

(a) Love and respect, as much as possible, because she is the most deserving of people of her son’s good companionship.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “A man came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, who among the people is most deserving of my good companionship?’ He said, ‘Your mother.’ The man asked, ‘Then who?’ He said, ‘Your mother.’ He asked, then who?’ He said, ‘Your mother.’ He asked, ‘Then who?’ He said, ‘Your father.’”

She is the one who made her womb a vessel for you and nourished you from her breast. You have no option but to love her. The fitrah (natural inclination of man) calls you to love her. Love between mothers and children and children and mothers is something that Allaah has instilled even in animals, so it is even more befitting for the children of human beings, and for Muslims in particular.

(b) Taking care of her and looking after her affairs if she needs that; this is a debt that rests on the child’s shoulders. Did she not take care of him when he was a child and stay up with him at night and bear it all with patience?

“And We have enjoined on man to be dutiful and kind to his parents. His mother bears him with hardship. And she brings him forth with hardship…” [al-Ahqaaf 46:15]

This even take precedence over jihaad if there is a conflict between the two.

‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) said: “A man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and asked him for permission to participate in jihaad. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him, ‘Are your parents alive?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘Then your jihaad is with them.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2842; Muslim, 2549)

(c) Not offending them or saying or doing anything that they dislike.

“say not to them a word of disrespect” [al-Israa’ 17:23]

If Allaah has forbidden us even to say “uff” [paraphrased as “a word of disrespect” in the translation of the meaning of the aayah] to our parents, then how about someone who hits them?!

(d) Spending on her if she is in need and does not have a husband who can spend on her or if her husband is poor; for the righteous, spending on one’s mother and feeding her is more precious than feeding their own children.

Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Three men went out walking and rain began to fall on them. They entered a cave in a mountain, then a rock fell (blocking the entrance to the cave). They said to one another, Pray to Allaah by virtue of the best deeds that you have done. One of them said, O Allaah, my parents were elderly and I used to go out and tend to my flocks, then I would milk them and bring the milk to my parents for them to drink from it, then I would give some to my children. One night I came home late and found them sleeping. I did not want to wake them, and the children were crying at my feet. I kept waiting and the children kept crying until dawn broke. O Allaah, if You knew that I did that for Your sake, then open a way for us through which we can see the sky. So a way was opened for them…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2102; Muslim, 2743).

(e) Obeying her when she tells you to do something good. But if she tells you to do something bad, such as shirk, then there should be no obedience to any created being if it involves disobedience to the Creator.

“But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not; but behave with them in the world kindly” [Luqmaan 31:15]

(f) After one’s mother dies, it is Sunnah to fulfil any vows that she had made, and to give charity and perform Hajj and ‘Umrah on her behalf.

It was reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that a woman from Juhaynah came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “My mother vowed to go for Hajj, but she died before she did so. Can I perform Hajj on her behalf?” He said, “Yes, perform Hajj on her behalf. Do you not think that if your mother owed a debt that you would pay it off for her? Fulfil her debt to Allaah, for Allaah is more deserving that what is owed to Him should be paid.” (narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1754).

(g) After she dies, it is also Sunnah to honour her by maintaining ties with those whom she used to keep in touch with, such as her relatives and friends.

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best of righteous deeds is for a man to keep in touch with his father’s friends after he dies.”

(Narrated by Muslim, 2552).

2 – Your rights over your mother

(a) That she should take care of you when you are a child, breastfeeding and nurturing you. This is a well known aspect of human nature that has been handed down from the beginning of creation.

“The mothers shall give suck to their children for two whole years, (that is) for those (parents) who desire to complete the term of suckling” [al-Baqarah 2:233]

(b) She should bring you up in a righteous manner, for she will be responsible for that before Allaah on the Day of Resurrection. You are part of her “flock” and she is your “shepherd”.

It was reported that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar said: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘Each of you is a shepherd and each of you is responsible for his flock. The imaam is a shepherd and is responsible for his flock. A man is the shepherd of his family and is responsible for his flock. A woman is the shepherd of her husband’s house and is responsible for her flock. A servant is the shepherd of his master’s wealth and is responsible for his flock.’ I think that he said, ‘A man is the shepherd of his father’s wealth and is responsible for his flock. Each of you is a shepherd and each of you is responsible for his flock.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 853; Muslim, 1829)

3 – Permissible things that it is permissible for you to do without your mother interfering in your affairs

She does not have the right to make decisions about what you should like with regard to permissible things over which she has no authority, such as food, drink, clothing, means of transportation, etc.

Neither does she have the right to interfere in your choice of a wife – if she is righteous – so long as you are not disobeying Allaah with regard to that. At the same time it is prescribed (by Islam) that you should try to please her even in your choice of a wife, if she advises you in a way that will not harm you.

With regard to her interfering with such matters as when you go out of the house or come in, or your going out in the evening with your friends: both parents have to watch their children with regard to this, so as to keep control of things and not let their children be led astray by bad company. In most cases, when young people are corrupted it is because of bad company. Concerning this matter, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A man will follow the way of his close friend, so let each of you look to who his close friends are.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2387; Abu Dawood, 4833. This hadeeth was classed as hasan by al-Tirmidhi and as saheeh by al-Nawawi, as stated in Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi, 7/42).

Parents also have to watch when their child goes out and when he comes in, because they should not give him free rein, especially if he is not righteous.

You have to acknowledge their status and respect them and offer them good companionship, even if they give you a hard time with regard to things that Allaah has made permissible for you. Allaah has commanded us to treat our parents well even if they are kuffaar who call you to shirk, so how about if they are calling us to something which they sincerely believe to be good? Even if sometimes it causes you some difficulty with regard to something that is permissible for you, the best thing to do is to obey them and do what they want. Even though you do not have to do this, it is a kind of sacrifice and giving them preference, because they are the most deserving of being given good treatment. In the Qur’aan, Allaah has mentioned obedience to parents immediately after worship of Him, in order to demonstrate the high status afforded obedience to parents.

4 – Your father has the final say concerning everything that comes under his responsibility. For example, he is the one who decides in which school a child who is dependent on him will study. The father also has the final say concerning anything to do with his property, such as your using his car, taking his money, etc.

With regard to a son who is grown up and independent, he makes his own decisions concerning things that Allaah has permitted. It is prescribed for him to please his father so long as that does not conflict with his obedience towards Allaah. The son must continue to respect his father no matter how old he gets, because this has to do with honouring one’s parents and treating them kindly. It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: “I never climbed onto the roof of a house in which my father was.”

If a father tells a child to do something good, or to stop doing something that is permissible, he should obey him so long as that will not cause the son any harm.

5 – With regard to how you can tell your mother that you want more freedom, this can be achieved by words and by deeds.

(a) Deeds

After proving to your mother in practical terms that you are no longer the child whom she used to know and that you have become a man who is able to bear responsibility and you behave like a man in front of her, if she sees that repeatedly, she will trust you. Then things will start to get better and you will have a higher status in your mother’s eyes.

(b) Words

By clearly proving, quietly discussing and speaking softly, giving examples of your sound attitude. May Allaah open your mother’s heart so that she will deal with you as a wise, mature, sensible, adult man, so long as you are like that.

We ask Allaah to guide us, you and your parents to the straight path. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

Source: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/5053/

Asiyah3
01-31-2010, 01:40 PM
But remember it's always better to go to a counsellor, Imam or Scholar before you make a final decision and that is what I'd advise aswell. I hope everything works out sister.
I 100% agree

sevgi
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM

Hate to be politically incorrect, but you picked a south asian dude didnt you...? Ah my dear, there will come a time in almost every non-south asian muslim girls life when she falls for one of these boys and their families whisk them away when they find out and we end up heartbroken and stranded and the guys somehow, for some reason think that their parents are rightful in what they are doing.

You need to approach his parents and say "what about me?" As 'sinful' as this child is (astahfirullah..babies are pure and clean),they are the grandparents and they need to take accountability of your child and their sons actions.

Or, you could bollywood this up and wait for his wedding night..i mean week :p, and raid the party with your grown belly and approach his wife to be. Their 'reputation' will be scarred and he wont be accepted by anyone else but you.

I know my post is built on a huge assumption and a lot of stereotype and personal bias and experience. I come in peace, people.

S<Chowdhury
01-31-2010, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi

Or, you could bollywood this up and wait for his wedding night..i mean week :p, and raid the party with your grown belly and approach his wife to be. Their 'reputation' will be scarred and he wont be accepted by anyone else but you.
LMAO....that sounds like a plan :D, all jokes aside i think its time for some sort of mediation is needed, like a brother before me said it'd be a gd idea if he could get his parents to talk to a Imam or Scholar to advise them.

sevgi
01-31-2010, 02:57 PM
LMAO....that sounds like a plan :D, all jokes aside i think its time for some sort of mediation is needed, like a brother before me said it'd be a gd idea if he could get his parents to talk to a Imam or Scholar to advise them.
Hehe, I'm glad you caught the lighter side of my post. :)

Yes, very true. At the end of the day, what his parents are seeing is a silly boy they couldnt raise properly and a naughty girl. They need respectable mediators to get involved.

fruitloops
01-31-2010, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sevgi
Hehe, I'm glad you caught the lighter side of my post. :)

Yes, very true. At the end of the day, what his parents are seeing is a silly boy they couldnt raise properly and a naughty girl. They need respectable mediators to get involved.
mhmm i agree thanx bro n sisters 4 your help :statisfie, i think i should visit a counsellor or Imam b4 my final decision dou.

Asiyah3
01-31-2010, 03:17 PM
mhmm i agree thanx bro n sisters 4 your help :statisfie, i think i should visit a counsellor or Imam b4 my final decision dou.
Yeah, you should absolutely do that.

I hope everything turns out well for both of you, Insha'lLah. May Allah guide you :)

S<Chowdhury
01-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Yep gd idea :) hopefully things will get better if you can get his parents to sit down with an Imam. Hope things work out Sis

sabr*
01-31-2010, 11:49 PM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

اشْهَدُ انْ لّآ اِلهَ اِلَّا اللّهُ وَ اَشْهَدُ اَنَّ مُحَمَّدً اعَبْدُه وَ رسوله

I bear witness that none is worthy of worship but Allah, the One alone, without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Ukhi _Muslim_:

You providing evidence in your posts is very refreshing. Alhamdulillah

sabr*
01-31-2010, 11:54 PM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

I hope we all can agree now that the Sister Fruitloop has received the best instruction and this thread has no need to remain open.

Alhamdulillah

Woodrow
02-01-2010, 12:10 AM

All that needs to be said has been said. Time to lock this thread, before anybody unintentionally distracts from the good advice given.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.