/* */

PDA

View Full Version : salam

isaq
01-30-2010, 10:15 PM
i joined this board because im interested in learning more about islam. i grew up in afghanistan and pakistan to christian missionarys and was raised a christian.

it was quite a contrast of religious beliefs and has had a great impact on my life. i realize now how my views on beliefs were tainted with bias at a young age. i am hoping to meet or be connected with an elder who can give me some insight and experience into islam.

i am particularly interested in learning the adhān. childhood memories flood my ears with the beauty of the words and melody, a stark contrast to the condemnation it was labelled with in my force-fed upbringing.

i am living in northern california in a town called cobb, its close to lakeport (clearlake). any advice on where i could look for some fellowship would be much appreciated, thanks, khodafez

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
01-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Welcome to the forum. I hope and pray that you will find your stay beneficial. May Allah Ta'ala guide us both to the truth.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
01-31-2010, 12:27 AM
Welcome to the forum...hope being a member benefit u in many ways insha'Allah.

'Abdul Rahmaan
01-31-2010, 12:38 AM
Welcome brother! Glad to have you here. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rafeeq
01-31-2010, 04:16 AM
Welcome on board, Isaq

desert winds
01-31-2010, 09:55 PM
i dont know what the hell is wrong wiht you guys- cant anyone see this guy is aksing for guidance? numerous times i have seen people come on to this forum seeking help and everyone is ready to say a few short sentences but nobody really wants to extend thier hand.

Woodrow
02-01-2010, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by isaq
i joined this board because im interested in learning more about islam. i grew up in afghanistan and pakistan to christian missionarys and was raised a christian.

it was quite a contrast of religious beliefs and has had a great impact on my life. i realize now how my views on beliefs were tainted with bias at a young age. i am hoping to meet or be connected with an elder who can give me some insight and experience into islam.

i am particularly interested in learning the adhān. childhood memories flood my ears with the beauty of the words and melody, a stark contrast to the condemnation it was labelled with in my force-fed upbringing.

i am living in northern california in a town called cobb, its close to lakeport (clearlake). any advice on where i could look for some fellowship would be much appreciated, thanks, khodafez
Welcome to the forum. To be honest it is going to be difficult to find any Muslims close to Cobb. The region you are in is best known for the Vedi Yoga movement of the 1970s I do not believe there are any Mosques or Muslim communities within 500 miles of Cobb.
At the moment begin posting on this forum and feel free to ask questions. Hopefully we will be able to direct you to some helpful sites and worthwhile youtube videos.

For start and to bring back memories watch this video:

Media Tags are no longer supported

Misz_Muslimah
02-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Welcome to the forum Isaq !

sabr*
02-01-2010, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by desert winds
i dont know what the hell is wrong wiht you guys- cant anyone see this guy is aksing for guidance? numerous times i have seen people come on to this forum seeking help and everyone is ready to say a few short sentences but nobody really wants to extend thier hand.

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Akhi desert winds:

Make every attempt to watch your adab (Conduct, manners). You have no idea if someone PM this brother. You are not a moderator so you could never know.

If you thought the question isn't being addressed why didn't you address it.

You can change your world by first changing yourself.

Have a wonderful day. Insha Allah

Sahih Al Bukhari Volume 4, Book 56, Number 759:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:

The Prophet never used bad language neither a "Fahish nor a Mutafahish. He used to say "The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character."
(See Hadith No. 56 (B) Vol. 8)

sabr*
02-01-2010, 10:34 PM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Akhi Ishaq:

Cobb, California is known for the Boggs Mountain State Forest.

Location of Masjid close to your zip code

Address: Islamic Society Of Santa Rosa
545 Mendocino Ave.,
Santa Rosa, CA 95401, USA
Phone: 707-525-1144
Email: contact@islamicsociety-sr.org
URL: www.islamicsociety-sr.org
Directions: From I-101N right on College Avenue, right on Mendocino Avenue. Masjid is 2- block down.
General Information: A non-profit organization.
General Activities: Sunday Islamic School during school year from Sept- June
__________________________________________________ __
Also Sacremento. Both are drives from your location.

I suggest when time permits that you review the FAQ section and then the New Muslim section and threads. There are some informative articles you will enjoy. Insha Allah

Insaanah
02-01-2010, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by isaq
Welcome to the forum.

Please do watch the link to the adhaan that Uncle Woodrow gave. I can't watch it so don't know if it has a transliteration and translation. In case it doesn't, here is the transliteration and translation:

Allaahu Akbar
Allah is Great
(said four times)

Ash'hadu allaa ilaaha illallaah
I bear witness that there is no god except the One God (Allah).
(said two times)

Ash'hadu anna Muhammadar-Rasoolullaah
I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.
(said two times)

Hayya 'alas-Salaah
Hurry to the prayer
(said two times)

Hayya 'alal Falaah
Hurry to success
(said two times)

Allaahu Akbar
Allah is Great
[said two times]

Laa ilaaha illallaah
There is no god except the One God (Allah)

For the pre-dawn (fajr) prayer, the following phrase is inserted after the fifth part above (hayya 'alal falaah), towards the end:
As-salaatu Khayrun Minan-nawm
Prayer is better than sleep
(said two times)

Please ask any questions you may have on Islam, or feel free to ask for clarification on any misconceptions that you may wish to have cleared. We will do our best to help.

Peace.

Esther462
02-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Welcome to the boards.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Welcome to the Islamic Forum Isaq!
I hope you benefit from this Forum by getting to learn abit more about Islaam..Insha`Allaah (God Willingly) the brothers and sisters with Knowledge can help you out..
However, feel free to ask any questions you have , and we will all InshaAllaah by the will of the Allmighty help you Indeed...
see you around and hope you have a wonderful stay here

Woodrow
02-02-2010, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr62
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Akhi Ishaq:

Cobb, California is known for the Boggs Mountain State Forest.

Location of Masjid close to your zip code

Address: Islamic Society Of Santa Rosa
545 Mendocino Ave.,
Santa Rosa, CA 95401, USA
Phone: 707-525-1144
Email: contact@islamicsociety-sr.org
URL: www.islamicsociety-sr.org
Directions: From I-101N right on College Avenue, right on Mendocino Avenue. Masjid is 2- block down.
General Information: A non-profit organization.
General Activities: Sunday Islamic School during school year from Sept- June
__________________________________________________ __
Also Sacremento. Both are drives from your location.

I suggest when time permits that you review the FAQ section and then the New Muslim section and threads. There are some informative articles you will enjoy. Insha Allah
Excellent Work Bro. Sabr62,

I never expected there would be a Masjid in Santa Rosa and Santa Rosa is only 43 miles from Cobb. That section of California is essentially all State Forest and very Isolated. There are still areas in the region that have never been explored by any one except possibly native Americans. Beautiful country, but very sparsely populated. In the 1960-70s it became the center for Veda Yoga in the USA because of it's tranquility and isolation from any population centers . The area is very similar to the lower Himalayas. I believe the Himalaya Range is the only Mountain Range with Higher Mountains than what are found in the Pacific Rockies

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.