/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lonely.

AnonymousPoster
01-30-2010, 10:38 PM
:sl:

I've been practising Islam for about 6 months now but, over the past few months i seem to be so lonely as most of my frends were kafeers or boys, i obviously moved away from them but im feeling very lonely. im always at home which is a good thing alhamdulillah but i still get very bored at home. And my only muslim friends dont even live in this country so that makes it worst.

Any help?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlbanianMuslim
01-31-2010, 05:50 AM
Where are you from? Im sure many of the girls on here would love to chit chat with you.
I suggest attempting to make friends at the masjid you attend. I dont have many at mine but I do chit chat with the older ladies they love it because most of the young girls ignore them or cant stand them. I love to listen to their stories of them growing up and listen to their wisdom.
Compliment someones hijab, ask them where they got it, if you see a muslimah that is american or something and you think they might be a revert, go and introduce yourself!
Break out of your shell, make yourself known and your loneliness will be alleviated.
Also, this phase is the toughest one and it is a test, dont let it discourage you. I am often lonely myself--- I dont fit in with the modern americanized crowd anymore nor do most of the muslims in my area accept me much (theyre almost all Asian and prefer to spend time with other asians (this isnt an insult btw) )
So im often home by myself or just with family, it can be sad at time but find things that interest you and keep yourself busy.

Muslim Woman
01-31-2010, 06:45 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

I've been practising Islam for about 6 months now ....feeling very lonely. ?

Welcome to Islam sis :)

why not join a Muslimah's group or start learning Arabic ?

Rafeeq
01-31-2010, 07:56 AM
Islamic board is also a very friendly forum, I never feel boaring or lonely here. You can PM, Mod or Administrator and they can help you providing your company, I believe.

Mods/Admins: I am sorry if my understanding is wrong in this matter, you may edit this line.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KittenLover
02-01-2010, 01:20 AM
sis there's lots of sissters on here u can pm and talk to, some of them might even be from the same part of the world as you. don't feel isolated like ur alone and dont have any 1 :(

Asiyaah
02-01-2010, 01:40 AM
I understand the lonely feeling sis, feel free to pm me, we can chat inshallah :)

sevgi
02-01-2010, 01:44 AM

I've been practising Islam for about 6 months now but, over the past few months i seem to be so lonely as most of my frends were kafeers or boys, i obviously moved away from them but im feeling very lonely. im always at home which is a good thing alhamdulillah but i still get very bored at home. And my only muslim friends dont even live in this country so that makes it worst.

Any help?
Subhanallah, I can really relate to this sis...

There isn't anything wrong with having nonmuslim friends in moderation. When you feel you are strong enough in your islamic practice and iman, it wont hurt you to see them now and again as long as they arent doing anything wrong like drinking etc.

And yes, where are you from? If you dont get out there into the community, you wont make new friends. Doesnt your family have friends with daughters etc?

Beardo
02-01-2010, 01:52 AM

Any help?
You have no idea how many people are on the same boat as you. I'd like to say a majority of the teenagers out there go through a similar phase as you are going through at the moment.

By the way, having non-Muslim friends is okay. In High School, all my friends, except for one, were non-Muslim. Of course, I never gave them my complete trust. You shouldn't give anyone your complete trust for that matter. But we shared our notes, we shared e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc. (All within the same gender, mind you.)

sabr*
02-01-2010, 02:15 AM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Ukhi:

Suggestions to stopping loneliness:

1. Anonymously inquire the locations, region, country, and area other Muslimah live.
2. What interests do you enjoy that are Islamic?
3. Acknowledge if this is a sign of depression and take every step to treat it.
4. Inactivity will contribute to loneliness
5. Realize that loneliness is a choice. Reread the suggestions to overcome it

Surah Baqarah 2:214

Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? they encountered suffering and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: "When (will come) the help of Allah." Ah! Verily, the help of Allah is (always) near!
(Y. Ali translation)

Surah A'raf 7:56

Do no mischief on the earth, after it hath been set in order, but call on Him with fear and longing (in your hearts): for the Mercy of Allah is (always) near to those who do good.
(Y. Ali translation)

syilla
02-01-2010, 03:09 AM
Abu Usamah said, "I went to see Muhammad ibn an-Nadr al-Harithi, and saw that it was as if he was ill at ease. So I asked, 'It is as if you do not like to be visited?' He said, 'That is true.' I asked, 'Do you not become lonely?' He said, 'How could I be lonely when He says, "I sit with whoever remembers Me"?'"

Someone asked Malik ibn Mighwal when he was sitting alone in his house, "Do you not become lonely?" He replied, "Does anyone become lonely with Allah?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvmTd...layer_embedded

AnonymousPoster
02-03-2010, 09:59 AM
salam alaykum
im grom London by the way i know there are alot of muyslims around but i dont know how to get out there i am a young muslim in this world which is also harder.

thanks for your help
jazakhallah
salam alaykum

umm junaid
02-03-2010, 10:01 AM
dont worry your not the onlu one there
its just a test you will get past this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.