/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Problems with reading namaz when joining jamaat late?

abbas_ali
01-31-2010, 02:04 AM
Salaam all,

I have a real problem joining the jamaat late and this again happened today with my Asr namaz, to be honest i'm problem thinking into it too much and hence the reason i have all these worries.

Anyway, i joined the jamaat when they were in their second rakat and had just stood up straight from ruku (so obviously surah fatiha had been read for 1st and 2nd rakat).

For the remainder of this 2nd rakat i prayed asi normally would, reciting Subhanna rabiyyal a'la and so on. Then obviously came to the sitting position and recited Tashahhud.

Then as they got up to standing position and prayed their 3rd and 4th rakats, i prayed my 1st and 2nd.

Then when when we got to sitting position again i recited Tashahhud, did not recite Durood Sharif and additional prayer (e.g. say Rabij'alni muqeemas salati).

As the rest of the jamaat completed Taslim, i got up and completed my 3rd and 4th rakat but at the end i again recited Tashahhud but that means i recited Tashahhud 3 times (once when i joined the jamaat in the rakat that didn't count, once after 2 rakat and once after 4 rakat.

Also, since my rakat 1+2 were the jamaats 3rd+4th rakats they just recited surah fatiah quickly and moved to ruku, so i didn't have much time and just recited surah fatihah in my rakats 1 and 2, then in my rakats 3 and 4 recited surah fatihah and sura ikhlas.

So my question is my prayer valid as i read Tashahhud 3 times? Also was i wrong to leave reciting sura ikhlas in rakat 3 and 4 as obviously this is something i normally wouldn't do (when praying normally or even when joining the congregation late).

Jazakallah-khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
01-31-2010, 05:36 AM
:sl:

Don't worry bro, that is the way how we complete our prayers when we join late in the jamat. Surah Al-Fatihah and another extra surah is recited in the missed rakat, ie when we complete the missed rakat on our own.

Sometimes we may also get 4 tashahhud in one prayer. If we miss the second rakat in Maghrib and join before the imam sits for tashahhud, we get the tashahhud for imam's second rakat, 3rd rakat (our first), then for our second and finally the last tashahhud, making it 4 in one salat.

Rafeeq
01-31-2010, 07:52 AM
In addition to Bro AbiruSabeel, Surah Fatiha is important to recite, aditional sura like Ikhlas, if could not recited will not nullify your Sala.

Moreover, when we join with Jama'a, we have to follow jama, means, in 3rd Rika'a, we recite Fatiha only and we complete the missed Sala at the end, after Imam has taken Salam.

abbas_ali
02-02-2010, 02:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
In addition to Bro AbiruSabeel, Surah Fatiha is important to recite, aditional sura like Ikhlas, if could not recited will not nullify your Sala.

Moreover, when we join with Jama'a, we have to follow jama, means, in 3rd Rika'a, we recite Fatiha only and we complete the missed Sala at the end, after Imam has taken Salam.
Thank you brothers i think i understand what you mean that of course Surah Fatiha is compulsary for our salat to be valid and the other sura's take less priority, Also i understand correctly that when we join the jamaat, we read as the jamaat is reading.

However, i have to ask what if when you join you don't know what rakat the jamaat is in (e.g., the jamaat could be in 2nd rakat or 3rd rakat) what would you do then?

Also i noticed one brother actually performed the procedure if you make a mistake in your salat (an extra two Sujud). I take it this was just a coincidence?

Sorry as i said i really look into these small things too much and then i get worried about them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.