/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Spam >_>

Beardo
02-01-2010, 03:49 AM
I found this on a forum the other day:

SORRY ABOUT THIS! when you are reading this dont stop or something bad will happen! My name is summer i am 15 years old i have blonde hair,many scars no nose or ears..i am dead.if you dont copy this just like from the ring, on 5 more sites.. or..i will appear one dark quiet night when your not expecting it by your bed with a knife and kill you. this is no joke something good will happen to you if you post this on 5 more pages
I mean, are you serious? this is just ridiculous. People, don't beleive this superstition.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rafeeq
02-01-2010, 03:55 AM
There are a hell of such ridiculous mails I recieve more or less every second day.

Italianguy
02-01-2010, 04:11 AM
Thats just wrong on so many levels:hmm:

Beardo
02-01-2010, 04:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
There are a hell of such ridiculous mails I recieve more or less every second day.
Same here.

I don't know how to just ban these e-mail addresses from e-mailing me. >_>

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Misz_Muslimah
02-01-2010, 05:33 PM
^ You can block them though and so can't send you anymore junk..
That's what I did :hmm:

MMohammed
02-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Lol.Waste of time.
It is very common on internet.
Btw see the world is so modern.Dead people come on internet :p
"I don't know how to just ban these e-mail addresses from e-mailing me. >_>"
Use Gmail or Hotmail.Never use yahoo, it is spambox instead of inbox

cat eyes
02-01-2010, 05:49 PM
haha;D that would be some funny sight ''blonde hair and no nose and no ears''

MMohammed
02-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Yes, and he's dead and his name is summer(very hot).He's only 15.What a joke.Use message boards instead of emails :P

Life_Is_Short
02-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Some bored teenager (i assume) wants to make people worried. Once i recieved a forwarded e-mail about how msn is thinking of closing down hotmail.

Here it is:

Hi,
This is Tara and John, the directors of MSN,

Sorry for the interruption but MSN is closing down. This is because too many inconsiderate people are taking up all the name (e.g. Making up lots of different accounts for just one person, etc.), we only have 578 names left. If you would like to close your account, DO NOT SEND THIS MESSAGE ON. If you would like to keep your
Account, then SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. This is no
joke, we will be shutting down the servers.
Send it on, thanks.

P.S.
WHO EVER DOES NOT SEND THIS MESSAGE, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE CLOSED AND IT WILL COST YOU 10.00 A MONTH TO USE. SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. NOW YOU
KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE DO NOT FORWARD THIS or REPLAY. COPY THE WHOLE EMAIL.
GO BACK TO YOUR INBOX AND CLICK ON NEW. AND PASTE THANK YOU FOR YOUR
ATTENTION.
This is no joke if you don't believe us then go to this site:
http://news.BBC.co.UK/1/hi/business/1189119.stm
and see for yourself. Anyways once you've sent this message to at least 18 contacts, your MSN icon will become blue.Please copy and paste don't forward because people wont read them
I opened the link to investigate and it was a totally different news story and so i wrote a little note back to the person who initially sent it to me and that person forward the mail back and after a few weeks i recieved that same e-mail (with my message un-edited) again. :hmm: This stuff spreads like wildfire and what's funny is that these people have the energy to forward rubbish like this, yet they don't have the brain power to read the evidence, especially when it is provided in the same e-mail. :grumbling

Raudha
02-01-2010, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
People, don't beleive this superstition.
It seems as though you just have :X
:peace:

Danah
02-01-2010, 06:44 PM

I mean, are you serious? this is just ridiculous. People, don't beleive this superstition.
Thanks for the laugh :)

I thought this is only common in some stupid emails.....not forums

I like the part said no nose no ears ^_^, seems that that dude watches lots of action movies :hmm:

Binyamine
02-01-2010, 06:49 PM
I think that i am lucky enough not to receive such kinds of rubbish as mail :)

S<Chowdhury
02-01-2010, 07:38 PM

HAHA LOL , what more can i say ............. ;D, thankfully i never receive this type of spam or it ends up in the junk folder automatically. Though i do feel a bit left out........... i mean i could always do with a laugh now and then

Danah
02-01-2010, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Binyamine
I think that i am lucky enough not to receive such kinds of rubbish as mail :)
I think I should feel the same, because it only once I got an email like that, but I did hear about them a lot.

MMohammed
02-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Yah.Now a days they are on facebook :p
Something like dont read or you will be a magician.
Lol lol.Its more funny than annoying :p

Ornamental
02-20-2010, 09:42 PM

I hate those things. I also hate those forwards where you are told to concentrate on the screen and then this screaming banshee pops out of nowhere. What is WRONG with people.
format_quote Originally Posted by MMohammed
Lol.Waste of time.
It is very common on internet.
Btw see the world is so modern.Dead people come on internet :p
"I don't know how to just ban these e-mail addresses from e-mailing me. >_>"
Use Gmail or Hotmail.Never use yahoo, it is spambox instead of inbox
Gmail is good, but hotmail? I find that worse than yahoo.

I really hate e-mails that attempt to 'blackmail' you to forward them on, either through fear or through shame; like religious ones that say if you are not ashamed of your religion then forward it on. Silly.

Life_Is_Short, I've had that happen, but I've gotten the edited version back from the person I've sent it to instead. :hiding:

AnonymousPoster
03-22-2010, 04:53 AM
They even sometimes pretend to be Muslims. Just got this one:
Salamalekum ,

Special greetings in the name of Almighty Allah!! I am Mrs Hajia Aisha Sayed, a widow suffering from cancer of the breast, My husband and my only son were killed last year during the UK terrorist Attack when we visited London for holidays.

My condition is serious and according to my doctor, he said it is obvious that I may not survive. I have some funds that my late husband WILLED to me in cash; the sum of US$8,000,000.00 (Eight million United States dollars).

I packaged it in consignments and deposited it with a finance house. After my prayers, I searched a Religion sites in the internet, I found your email address and I decided to contact you for the usage of the funds in your Ministry. Therefore, in the name of Prophet Mohammed (sallalahu alaihi wasalam), if you are honest and faithful enough to use this fund strictly for the work of Almighty Allah, your response will be highly appreciated.

Yours in His Vineyard,

Mrs.Aisha Sayed.

brotherubaid
04-02-2010, 03:13 AM
I got one another day , just to tell u the subject of the e mail

"Try It even if u dont believe it .."

Well , why would i try it if i dont believe it??

u knowone of those "Islamic" e mails where u have to send it to nine people and u will hear a good news in the morning or a wish will come true or a good thing will happen to u and if u dont send lol something bad will happen to you

May Allah save us from such and usually those e maisl are weak and fabricated ahadeeth or stories any way.

Cabdullahi
04-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Mr.ADULASAM NASRA
BANK OF AFRICA(B.O.A)
OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA-FASO,
WEST AFRICA.

Dear Friend,

I know that this message will come to you as a surprise. I AM A SECRETARY OF FOREIGN REMITTANCE DIRECTOR BOA BANK HERE IN OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA FASO. I Hope that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident that i am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families.

I need your urgent assistance in transferring the sum of ($7.6)million to your account within 14 banking days. This money has been dormant for years in our Bank without claim. I want the bank to release the money to you as the nearest person to our deceased customer, the owner of the account died along with his supposed next of kin in an air crash since July 31st

I don't want the money to go into our Bank treasurer as an abandoned fund. So this is the reason why i contacted you so that the bank can release the money to you as the next of kin to the deceased customer. Please I would like you to keep this proposal as a top secret and delete it if you are not interested.

Upon receipt of your reply to, i will give you full details on how the business will be executed and also note that you will have 45% of the above mentioned sum if you agree to handle this business with me.

Best Regard.
Mr. ADULASAM NASRA
PHONE +226 76 241 887

Cabdullahi
04-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Barrister WATSON DAN
2nd Floor, Ned bank Place,
35 Saucer Street, Johannesburg
Republic of South Africa.
Mobile: 0027 783 677 681
GREETINGS
I got your information while search for a reliable person who will assist me in a business proposal that will be of a great benefit we both and I have lay all the trust in you before I decided to disclose this confidential transaction to you.
I am Barrister WATSON DAN, an Attorney at Law. I have an urgent and very profitable business proposition for you that should be handled with extreme confidentiality. I know this proposal will come to you as a surprise for the fact that we have not met before believing that transaction of this magnitude will make anyone apprehensive or worried but I can assure you that you will not regret been part of this mutual beneficial transaction.
SUBJECT: A deceased Client of mine Name withhold, A citizen of your Country whom here in shall be referred to as my client, made a numbered time Fixed Deposit for twelve calendar months valued at US$23.5Million Dollars (Twenty Three Million, Five Hundred thousand United States Dollars Only in a Financial and Security Company on January 12,2000.
My client was a Consultant, and contractor with the South Africa Solid Minerals Corporation (SSMC).Upon maturity the Financial and Security Company sent a routine notification in accordance with the Company policy to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month they sent a reminder and finally it was discovered from his contract employers South Africa Solid Minerals Corporation (SSMC) that My Client, his wife and two children died in the AF4590 France concord plane crash bound for New York in their plan for a world cruise on Monday 31 July, 2000.
Please view this website for confirmation of the death of my client.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/859479.stm
On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a Will and all attempts to trace his next of kin were fruitless. I therefore made further investigations and discovered that my client did not declare any next of kin or relations in the Deposit paperwork with the Financial and Security Company.
This sum of US$23.5million i understand was kept in the Financial and Security Company for safekeeping to enable him have direct and immediate access to the funds for a contract that he intended to execute. No one will ever come forward to claim it and according to the Government Law as provided in section 129 sub 63(N), South African Banking Edit of 1961 at the expiration of a decade the money will revert to the ownership of the South African Government, if nobody applies to claim the fund.
My proposition to you is to seek your consent to present you as the Next of kin and beneficiary of my deceased client as you bear the same last name so that the proceeds of this account valued at $23.5million can be paid to you, so we can share the amount on a mutually agreed percentage of 60% for me 40% for you. All legal documents to back up your claim as the deceased Next of Kin will be provided by me. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. I guarantee you that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.
Your most urgent response will be highly appreciated to avoid making further contacts.
Please reply with this information.
NAME IN FULL:
ADDRESS:
SEX/DOB
OCCUPATION
TELEPHONE
COPY OF IDENTITY
Warmest Regards.
Barrister WATSON DAN
Mobile: 0027 783 677 681

CosmicPathos
04-19-2010, 07:16 PM
send them a counterfeit mint note.

Cabdullahi
04-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Dear Friend,

Am Mr Daniel Zuma. I hail from South Africa. I am the Director of a reputable security company here.
I got the information concerning you from the Internet and after due consideration, I decided to
contact you believing that you will not disappoint me over this deal.

I have been working with this company for over fifteen years. Within this period, I have watched with
meticulous precision how African Heads of State and Government functionaries have been using our
company to move sums of money USD, (cash) to their foreign partners. They bring in these consignments
of cash and secretly declare the contents as jewelries, family treasures, and documents etc.

I have through Global Security & Finance re-deposited all these unclaimed and overstayed consignment
into the Vault Facility of a reputable Security Company in Europe. I have finalized every arrangement for you
to claim consignment No. 1401, 1402 containing $23.7 Million.(Twenty Three Million seven hundred Thousand).
Upon your positive reply of this letter, I will furnish you with further details and information regarding the modus
operandi for the execution of the transaction and subsequently collection of the consignment.
You can reach me by email mrdanielzuma@gmail.com and I will direct you on what to do.

I would like you to furnish me with your full name and your confidential phone and fax number(s) for easy reach.
Yours faithfully,
MR. DANIEL ZUMA

Cabdullahi
04-19-2010, 07:18 PM
THE REGIONAL BRANCH MANAGER
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK OF GHANA,
ACCRA GHANA.

Dear Sir,

My name is Mr. M. Paul I am the regional manager of Standard Chartered Bank of Ghana Takoradi branch in the western region of Ghana. I came to know you in my
Private Search for a reliable and reputable person to handle this confidential transaction. I write you this proposal in good faith.

I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit you and me, as the regional manager of the Standard Chartered Bank it is my duty to send in a
financial report to my head office in the capital city Accra at the end of each business year. On the course of 2009 business report, I discovered that my
branch in which I am the manager made Three million Two hundred and fifty thousand united state dollars ($3,250,000.00)which my head office are not aware
of and will never be aware of. I have placed this funds on what we call escrow call account with no beneficiary. As an officer of this bank I cannot be
directly connected to this money, so my aim of contacting you is to assist me receive this money in your bank account and get 30% of the total funds as
commission.

There are practically no risks involved, it will be a bank-to-bank transfer and all I need from you is to stand and claim as the original depositor of these
funds as who made the deposit with my branch so that my head office can order the transfer to your designated bank account. If you accept this offer to work
with me, and you find this proposal Suitable for you do furnish me with the following information.

Full Name.............................................. ......

Contact Address........................................... ...

Private Telephone Number.......................................

Age............................................... ..........

Occupation and Position.........................................

I will appreciate it very much, If this proposal is acceptable by you, do not make undue advantage of the trust I have bestowed on you, and I assure you we
can achieve it successfully.

Await your response,

Best regards,
Mr. M. Paul.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-19-2010, 07:20 PM
wow akhi, are these all the letters you recieved or something?

Vito
04-19-2010, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ornamental

Gmail is good, but hotmail? I find that worse than yahoo.

I really hate e-mails that attempt to 'blackmail' you to forward them on, either through fear or through shame; like religious ones that say if you are not ashamed of your religion then forward it on. Silly.
I don't use yahoo but I use hotmail and it has filters you can use. I'm sure most of the mainstream email services have those options available. For example, in hotmail, you can set it up to either block certain emails or accept certain emails. I rarely get spam in my inbox.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.