/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Conquest of Persia Course!

Beardo
02-01-2010, 04:06 AM
This course is history-based.

On behalf of IslamicBoard, we would like to present to you a free on-line Islamic course which starts February 5, 2010. Recordings, assignments, and handouts will be available on the website, LabbaykAcademy.com, as necessary. Re-runs of the course will be played every Sunday on UmmahRadio.com/JannahRadio.com.

Course Topic: How Islam came to Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran in light of the conquests of the Sword of Allah, Khalid Ibn Walid

Start Date: February 7th
Timings: Sundays, 11:00-12:15 AM PST/7:00-8:15 PM GMT

The timing is odd for those in the UK so we will replay it on Sundays at the normal radio schedule time which is 11 AM GMT for convenience. It'll also be available for download so you can listen at your leisure.

For your free pre-registration, please fill the short form here:
http://labbaykacademy.com/?page_id=6

For further information, please e-mail info@jannahnetwork.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
02-01-2010, 04:08 AM
Course lecture, handouts, and assignments will be readily available on this forum and the Labbayk Academy website. If you miss a class, don't panic. The downloads will be available for you to refer to.

Questions to the teacher etc will all be made on these Labbayk Academy forums.

Beardo
02-01-2010, 04:10 AM
Mufti Abdullah Nana graduated from UC Berkeley with a degree in Business Administration. He completed his Aalim and Mufti course at Darul Uloom Azaadville in South Africa. He currently resides in San Francisco. Running various programs in his locality, Mufti Abdullah is also involved in a number of on-line communities and academies. Mufti Abdullah also writes Fatwas for the ZamZam Academy site.

Beardo
02-01-2010, 04:11 AM
We are near the finalization of the course start date. It is aimed to be within the month of February. The lectures and material will all be available for download, and access to the teacher will be open throughout the 6-8 weeks the course will be offered Insha’Allah.

We request that you register for the class as soon as possible so we have a rough estimate as to how much space is required. The pre-registration is free so please avail this opportunity offered by the JannahNetwork.com services.

For those who have registered, you will be receiving an e-mail update very soon with further details.

The course is history-based and will prepare you to understand the past of our Muslim world. It will also give you a clear picture as to how Islam spread through the various regions of the Middle East and abroad.

The course is designed with assignments and hand outs which you will be able to download or stream as the course progresses.

Jazakumullahu Khair.

-------

To register, please visit:
http://www.labbaykacademy.com

This is a free course!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
02-01-2010, 04:12 AM
Please note that the class sessions will no longer be played live due to the high demand of alternative timings.

The course will be aired on Sundays at 11 AM PST/7 PM GMT.

Jazakumullahu Khair.

Beardo
02-01-2010, 04:13 AM
If you have any questions to Labbayk Academy in regards to the course and how it works, please post them here.

Beardo
02-01-2010, 04:14 AM
For questions on Course Session #1, please post them here.

CosmicPathos
02-01-2010, 04:21 AM
interesting. But get ready to be flamed by Arab-hating nationalistic Persians, if there are any here. :D

Beardo
02-01-2010, 04:23 AM
Again, please post your questions on this thread. This will allow others to benefit from your questions.

Banu_Hashim
02-01-2010, 06:34 AM
BarakAllahu Feek. May Allaah reward the organisers of this course and the Mufti for sparing his time for knowledge. Ameen.

Na7lah
02-01-2010, 06:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Please note that the class sessions will no longer be played live due to the high demand of alternative timings.

The course will be aired on Sundays at 11 AM PST/7 PM GMT.

Jazakumullahu Khair.
There will be download links though right? I hardly ever make it to online sessions :hmm:

Beardo
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Na7lah
There will be download links though right? I hardly ever make it to online sessions :hmm:
Yes, there will definitely be download links for all registered students. :statisfie We send them via e-mail or password protected webpage.

Beardo
02-05-2010, 04:47 AM
Assalamu Alaykum,

On behalf of LabbaykAcademy.com, it is a pleasure to introduce and announce our new free course: Conquest of Persia in the light of Khalid bin Walid.

Course Topic: How Islam came to Afghanistan, Iraq, and Iran in light of the conquests of the Sword of Allah, Khalid Ibn Walid

Timings: The course will be aired on JannahRadio.com (Streaming also available on IslamicBoard.com and UmmahRadio.com) at 11 AM PST/7 PM GMT every Sunday. The first course will be this Sunday, February 7th, 2010!

The course will be taught by Mufti Abdullah Nana. Handouts, assignments, general information, and contact with the teacher will be available at:
http://www.IslamicBoard.com/labbayk-academy

Feel free to e-mail info@jannahnetwork.com for further information. You may pre-register at LabbaykAcademy.com.

Beardo
02-05-2010, 04:50 AM
All course documents, handouts, and files will be located and available for download here:

http://labbaykacademy.com/persia/

Jazakumullahu Khair!

For any questions or difficulties, feel free to post the issue here.

Beardo
02-05-2010, 10:44 PM
The first session of our Conquest of Persia course is this Sunday, February 7th, 2010 at 7 PM GMT / 11 AM PST. The session's duration is roughly an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. If you are unable to meet the non-live broadcasting session, the lecture will be available for download soon after the course is aired. You may contact your instructor for questions regarding lecture, handouts, and assignments throughout the week. Technical issues or personal questions to the teacher may be forwarded to info@jannahnetwork.com where the e-mails will be sent to the correct department.

For our Northern Californian brothers and sisters, please note that you may attend the course live, according to the following information:

The program will be on Fridays from 8:30 - 9:30 P.M. at the following Masjid address.

Masjid Muhajireen
185 Folsom Ave
Hayward, CA
8:00 PM - Isha Prayer
8:15 PM - Introductions
8:30 PM - Class Starts

Please also note that the course session on Sundays is NOT a live course, as was initially advertised. We apologize for this, and we hope you will benefit nonetheless by the means we have to offer.

The course handouts, lectures, and assignments will be available at:
http://www.labbaykacademy.com/persia

The discussion forum with teacher and students, also with course updates, etc is the following:
http://www.islamicboard.com/labbayk-academy

^ The above link may also be used to contact the Labbayk Academy staff for any issues you are facing. You will need to have registered for IslamicBoard.com Forums to post.

E-mails will be sent to registered students only with course updates and such. We appreciate your registration which gives us a headcount of all the participants.

Jazakumullahu Khair,

Labbayk Academy

*Also note, the course is actually 5 weeks long, rather than the initially advertised 6-8 weeks.

Beardo
02-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Assalamu Alaykum All Students,

The first session has been released for download. For those who could not meet the live broadcast, the download/stream is on the link provided in the introduction e-mail. You may also stream the lecture here:

http://labbaykacademy.com/persia/Con...20Persia_1.WMA

If you have any questions regarding the course session, you may ask them on:

Jazakumullahu Khair,

Labbayk Academy

Banu_Hashim
02-07-2010, 07:44 PM
I got the email :). BarakaAllahu Feek.

Beardo
02-07-2010, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
I got the email :). BarakaAllahu Feek.
The course was soooo good Masha'Allah! I can't wait to receive feedback from the rest of the students. I wish I was there live to see the live demo they had of the battle. ;D

muftiabdullah
02-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Assalamu Alaykum

My name is Abdullah Nana and I am the instructor for the course on the Muslim Conquest of Afghanistan and Persia. I am here at your service. Please feel free to send me your questions and concerns. Alternatively, you can post your questions on the forum for the benefit of others. May Allah accept all our efforts.

Beardo
02-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Questions from Students via UmmahRadio MSN:

1. what was their pre-Islaamic religion? ya'ani the persians.

2. i also want that arabic statment made by Abu Bakr (RA)
remember abt women nt having ability to giv birth to khalid ibn walid likes? (Statement requested in Arabic)

3. Can you elaborate on the Sassanid empire?

Beardo
02-14-2010, 08:22 PM
could you elaborate on Ridda Wars?

muftiabdullah
02-15-2010, 04:51 AM
Assalamu Alaykum

The Ridda wars refer to the time period right after the demise of the Holy Prophet Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam. The majority of the Arab tribes in the Arabian Penninsula had accepted Islam during the life of Rasulullah, but they renegaded from Islam upon his demise. Abu Bakr Radhiyallahu 'Anhu sent Khalid Ibn Walid with a Muslim army to defeat the apostates and bring them back to Islam. For more information, I would recommend that one read the chapter on the Ridda wars from the biography of Khalid Ibn Walid written by General A.I. Akram. The entire book can be viewed online at the following website:

http://www.caliphtv.com/files/khalid...ed/khalid.html

Beardo
02-15-2010, 04:53 AM
^ Jazakumullahu Khair.

By the way, the questions posted were the ones received via the Ummah Radio Presenters chat on MSN.

muftiabdullah
02-15-2010, 05:00 AM
[QUOTE=Rashad;1292713]Questions from Students via UmmahRadio MSN:

1. what was their pre-Islaamic religion? ya'ani the persians.

The primary religion of the Persians before Islam was Zoroastrianism

muftiabdullah
02-15-2010, 05:03 AM
2. i also want that arabic statment made by Abu Bakr (RA)
remember abt women nt having ability to giv birth to khalid ibn walid likes? (Statement requested in Arabic)

أَعَجَزَتِ النِّساَءُ أَنْ يَنْسَلْنَ مِثْلَ خاَلِدٍ
This quote is taken from Tarikh Tabari (vol. 4 pg. 36)

Beardo
02-15-2010, 05:59 PM
1 Why is this conquest addressed as ghazwaat, even though it wasn't lead by Rasoolillaah Sallallaahu Alaihi Wassallam?

2. Was Abu Ubayd a sahabi or taabeiin?

muftiabdullah
02-19-2010, 05:21 AM
1. The Muslim Conquest of Persia will not be included under the technical definition of the word 'Ghazwa' since Rasulullah Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam did not participate in the conquest himself. For this reason, I have not used the word 'Ghazwa' during the course to describe the Conquest of Persia.

muftiabdullah
02-19-2010, 05:22 AM
Hafiz Ibn Hajar has included Abu Ubayd as a Sahabi in his book, Al-Isaabah. Abu Ubayd was from the tribe of Thaqeef. He passed away during the Muslim Conquest of Persia in the Battle of the Bridge.

AhlaamBella
02-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Salaam, I have started the course late and I'm a little confused as to what order the documents go in. Have I missed any assignments? If so, is it possible to catch up?
JazakAllah Khayr

Beardo
02-22-2010, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhlaamBella
Salaam, I have started the course late and I'm a little confused as to what order the documents go in. Have I missed any assignments? If so, is it possible to catch up?
JazakAllah Khayr
All the documents and lectures are available at:

http://www.labbaykacademy.com/persia

And it's definitely possible to catch up. If you need any help, just post here or e-mail us at info@jannahnetwork.com. :statisfie Never too late to seek knowledge.

The docs on the link above are sorted by session. You can leave the "intro" session for later. First read the General files and then go from session one. So far, we've completed three sessions.

AhlaamBella
02-22-2010, 09:02 PM
JazakAllah Khayr :D

Beardo
02-22-2010, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhlaamBella
JazakAllah Khayr :D
Wa iyyaakum. Glad to help, the honor is mine.

Beardo
02-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

Session Four for the Conquest of Persia course has been uploaded.

Conquest of Persia: Session Four Files

Conquest of Persia: All Files & Downloads

If you have any questions regarding the courses, sessions, etc. please visit the Labbayk Academy Forums @:

The course is replayed on Sundays, 11 AM PST / 7 PM GMT on UmmahRadio.com / JannahRadio.com. You may also stream it via the radio boxes on IslamicBoard and Ummah Forums.

Jazakumullahu Khair,

Labbayk Academy

Beardo
03-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

Session Five has marked the conclusion of the Conquest of Persia course, hosted by Labbayk Academy. We learned how Islam had spread to Afghanistan and Persia. We relived the Battle of the Chains, Battle of the River, Battle of Walajah, Conquest of Hira, and so much more. We learned about the heroes of Islam, such as Khalid bin Walid, Ahnaf bin Qays, Musanna ibn Harith, and many more.

For the benefit to those who have tuned in or listened to all the lectures and followed the outlines, you will realize that these Muslim Heroes had made a sacrifice for us. Let not their many sacrifices be to no avail. Derive lessons and motivate yourself to be like these remodels for us. The efforts they put in for our Deen cannot even be compared to the little we do today.

Labbayk Academy is apart of the Jannah Network. We are a free on-line Academy for the Muslim community. Our mission is spread Islamic knowledge. Please remember us in your duas to keep our efforts sincere and active.

Our motivation for these projects is fueled by your participation and involvement. Alhamdulillah, we received over 150 student registrations for the Conquest of Persia course this semester. We will send you updates via e-mail insha’Allah of future courses we offer here on Labbayk Academy. May Allah Ta’ala reward you all for your efforts and make this course a means of great benefit for each and every one of us.

And finally, a special “Jazakallah” to our teacher, Mufti Abdullah Nana. For those of you who do not know, Mufti Abdullah is from Northern California, USA. He graduated from UC Berkeley and completed his Islamic studies (Aalim & Iftah Course) from Darul Uloom Azaadville, South Africa. Despite his busy schedule, he found time to teach this Conquest of Persia course for five consecutive weeks. The outlines, maps, and reading lists which he had organized for us express his sincere intentions to spread the knowledge of the Deen. Every week he would send Labbayk Academy the course files without any delays and note that this is a non-profit and free Academy working on the voluntary basis. Please remember him in your Duas. May Allah Ta’ala bless him and his family in every aspect of life. We, as an Academy, are indebted to his efforts and remember him in our duas always.

May Allah Ta'ala accept all our efforts and make all our intentions sincere and righteous. Ameen!

Jazakumullahu Khair,

Labbayk Academy

* Please note that all the files and lectures from the Conquest of Persia course will be available at all times insha’Allah for the benefit of all. Please spread the word of this course. It has been designed in a fashion where one can follow the lectures and outlines at a self-pace. Files are available at: http://www.labbaykacademy.com/persia .

Hzamani
03-09-2010, 02:33 PM
:sl:

Did Khalid Bin Waleed have any children? If so, who? What were their roles in Islam?

JazakAllahu Khayran,

-Hamza

Beardo
03-11-2010, 08:42 PM

I have forwarded the question to the teacher. You may expect a response soon insha'Allah.

$tr@wB3rRy
05-20-2010, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muftiabdullah
1. The Muslim Conquest of Persia will not be included under the technical definition of the word 'Ghazwa' since Rasulullah Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam did not participate in the conquest himself. For this reason, I have not used the word 'Ghazwa' during the course to describe the Conquest of Persia.
what's an arabic word for 'conquest'?

$tr@wB3rRy
05-20-2010, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muftiabdullah
Hafiz Ibn Hajar has included Abu Ubayd as a Sahabi in his book, Al-Isaabah. Abu Ubayd was from the tribe of Thaqeef. He passed away during the Muslim Conquest of Persia in the Battle of the Bridge.
Is there an ikhtilaaf on the issue of him being a sahabi or tabeiin?

shuraimfan4lyf
05-25-2010, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by $tr@wB3rRy
what's an arabic word for 'conquest'?

:wa:
"Fath" would be the word for conquest. If anyone has better translation of the word, please share.

boriqee
06-23-2010, 03:07 PM
asalamu alaikum Rashad and Shaykhunaa Abdullah

barakallahu feekum for this much needed exposition of history. I enjoy and love history and I consider myself a small student of history.

I wish I could give you all a big hug for this. I will have to listen to them by putting them on mp3 and listening to them through the i touch.

asalamu alaikum warahmatullah

Beardo
06-26-2010, 01:07 PM
^ Ooh, that's what I did too. iTouch is indeed a great benefit. You're guaranteed to enjoy and benefit from these lectures, brother. Now that you mention it, I think I'll replay them for myself as well...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.