/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Site: "Protected Pearl" is up Alhumdulilah

Danah
02-01-2010, 09:40 AM
:sl:

Finally Its done alhumdulilah, I have been working on this since a while. A website and a blog. The site is Islamic one, while the blog is kinda general one.

http://www.protectedpearl.com/

Please feel free to comment on anything, any suggestions will be appreciated inshaAllah. You can comment in the guests book or on the blog itself. The site is still on its baby steps......many to come inshaAllah....There are still some sections not done yet and some other blog categories too.

Members' registration is opened too, A mini forum will be opened soon inshaAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Misz_Muslimah
02-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Mashallah!!
May Allah reward you for all the time, effort and hard work you put into this website..ameen

Danah
02-01-2010, 06:53 PM
^ Ameen for the duaa, JazakiAllah khair sis :)........Its still in the beginning, InshaAllah it will grow soon.

algerian adam
02-01-2010, 07:54 PM
if qnybody zqnted help designing his zebsite i q; reqdy for help

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
02-03-2010, 08:58 AM
^ JazakAllah khair

I was wondering if we have any webs.com users here. Do we have any?

Life_Is_Short
02-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Mash'Allah, It's wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Insh'Allah, I'm going to take out time to read all the lovely things you've written in your website.

Fטлку
02-03-2010, 09:21 AM
The site seems to be going great :D
PS, sorry for spamming your guestbook :embarrass

Cabdullahi
02-03-2010, 10:41 AM
masha allah!

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
02-03-2010, 11:05 AM

Ur site is terrific masha'Allah!! :rock:

May Allah (swt) reward u abundantly in this Life & the Hereafter, Aameen..

:w:

Danah
02-06-2010, 11:34 AM

JazakumAllah khair everyone.

The site is updated and some more sections are published too. Let me know any feedback

Misz_Muslimah
02-06-2010, 04:36 PM
^ Wa iyaaki :)

Danah
02-11-2010, 12:20 PM
I have been told by some people in another forum that the link is not working with them. I was wondering if its the same here. Maybe this is something has to do with that forum wallahu A'alam.

Can you brothers and sisters check if its working with you or its broken?

Beardo
02-11-2010, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah

Finally Its done alhumdulilah, I have been working on this since a while. A website and a blog. The site is Islamic one, while the blog is kinda general one.

http://www.protectedpearl.webs.com/

Please feel free to comment on anything, any suggestions will be appreciated inshaAllah. You can comment in the guests book or on the blog itself. The site is still on its baby steps......many to come inshaAllah....There are still some sections not done yet and some other blog categories too.

Members' registration is opened too, A mini forum will be opened soon inshaAllah
I made my first website in like, 2006. Using the same webs.com lol! It's alhuq.webs.com

I think it's still up on the Net. :D

Danah
02-11-2010, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I made my first website in like, 2006. Using the same webs.com lol! It's alhuq.webs.com

I think it's still up on the Net. :D
I think places like webs.com or forumotion.net in general are good places as a start in the internet for those who are planning to grow more in this field.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Works for me sis!

Danah
03-01-2010, 11:11 AM

Check out the new section added to the site Miraculous Quran

Muslim Woman
03-01-2010, 11:54 AM
:wa:

Check out the new section added to the site Miraculous Quran

Sis , I am a member in ur site :statisfie

About this line - whenever He sends a prophet, He gives that prophet certain miracles and signs to prove his prophethood .

I wonder if it's true that all Prophets performed miracles ? Quran mentioned some miracles about Abraham , Moses , Jesus , Muhammed pbut - but can we say that about all Prophets ?

Pl. check.

Danah
03-01-2010, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Sis , I am a member in ur site :statisfie

About this line - whenever He sends a prophet, He gives that prophet certain miracles and signs to prove his prophethood .

I wonder if it's true that all Prophets performed miracles ? Quran mentioned some miracles about Abraham , Moses , Jesus , Muhammed pbut - but can we say that about all Prophets ?

Pl. check.
Most of the prophets we have been told about in Quran were sent with miracles....read the book of Al Nubowat for Ibn Taymiyah....he was talking in general about prophets and how miracles are supporting their prophecies.

I don't know really if there are some without miracles, I should revise that article again from its source...its not me who wrote it.

Abdul-Raouf
03-01-2010, 12:22 PM
The below video was gud... wonderful infos - about caliphs.

Alhamdulillah.
Good Reminder.

http://protectedpearl.webs.com/apps/...he-secret-sins

Danah
03-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Asalam Alykom.

The forum is up now, actually its a mini forum. Just few sections that are mainly directed for those who need any help in Arabic. whether its questions or small translation requests. Register now if you have the interest inshaAllah

http://protectedpearl.webs.com/apps/forums/

Danah
03-15-2010, 11:51 AM

Check out the new books I added here

Misconceptions page is updated too

Danah
03-19-2010, 04:31 PM

Check out the new updates

• New section is up for Prophet Mohammad
  • The whole site is becoming more organized with paragraphs links
  • Women In Islam section is divided into small articles instead of the long one
  • Dawah section is updated
  • Distinguished Women Section is up again with new updates and more stories

OurIslamic
03-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Masha'Allah sister, the site is very nice!

If you need any help, please feel free to ask! (I've used webs.com before).

I was also thinking, that if you want a free domain name and free hosting (I'd provide it and help with support) I would be willing to do so.

Danah
03-19-2010, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
Masha'Allah sister, the site is very nice!

If you need any help, please feel free to ask! (I've used webs.com before).
JazakAllah khair

I was also thinking, that if you want a free domain name and free hosting (I'd provide it and help with support) I would be willing to do so.
Free domain name? JazakAllah khair I really appreciate that offer. I was thinking of buying the domain name from webs lately but still waiting to see how the overall performance of the site will be.

Did you start your site with webs before getting your own host and domain? is the transferring process easy?

EDIT: One question since you were a user for webs before. Does it take so long to get your site listed in google search results?
because it has been more than one month since I sent to google and yahoo but got nothing!

Danah
06-10-2010, 09:17 AM

Check out the new updates in Protected Pearl :
1. A new section about Aqeedah
2. Many other Books in E-books page
3. Many other new sub-sections (I re-organized some of others sections as sub-sections):

Your suggestions are appreciated

Fuaadh
06-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Looks great mashAllah, the usability of the site is very good, much better than other Islamic blogs. Nice choice on the template, some people have very bad in taste lol.. Very rich in content which is good. Everything is good now only thing is you need to keep updating the site and also advertise it on more forums. I suggest you to take the offer by brother OurIslamic and build your site from there inshaAllah. ;)

May Allah reward you immensely for your time to spread the deen! Ameen

Snowflake
06-10-2010, 11:36 AM
MashaAllah my dearest ukhti! May Allah grant you huge rewards and success in both worlds. Ameen :statisfie :muslimah:

Ummu Sufyaan
06-10-2010, 11:46 AM
mashaallah uktee...looks like your website is proceeding very well.

Masuma
06-10-2010, 02:12 PM
SubhanAllah! :wub: I'm not yet a member of your website :embarrass but I'll inshAllah be.

May Allah reward you so much for this sister Danah!

Masuma
06-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Free domain name? JazakAllah khair I really appreciate that offer. I was thinking of buying the domain name from webs lately but still waiting to see how the overall performance of the site will be.
Sis, I think you should buy a domain name than getting a free one. It is recommended by many. But ALLAH knows best!

EDIT: One question since you were a user for webs before. Does it take so long to get your site listed in google search results?
because it has been more than one month since I sent to google and yahoo but got nothing!
Sister, check out sitewizard's website. There they give help and tips on how to get more traffic to your website. I'll try to see if i find the answer. Maybe this would help?! Why is my site not ranking in the search engines?

another related topic

and another one.

Danah
06-10-2010, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fuaadh
Looks great mashAllah, the usability of the site is very good, much better than other Islamic blogs. Nice choice on the template, some people have very bad in taste lol.. Very rich in content which is good. Everything is good now only thing is you need to keep updating the site and also advertise it on more forums. I suggest you to take the offer by brother OurIslamic and build your site from there inshaAllah. ;)

May Allah reward you immensely for your time to spread the deen! Ameen
JazakAllah khair, Actually I appreciated brother OurIslamic offer a lot but I preferred to buy a domain name myself. InshaAllah not now since I am busy with other things but in the near future.

format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
SubhanAllah! :wub: I'm not yet a member of your website :embarrass but I'll inshAllah be.
I will be honored to have you there dear :) Being a member there is mainly for recieving any new topics I posted in the site, normally it will be 2 emails maximum weekly.

Sis, I think you should buy a domain name than getting a free one. It is recommended by many. But ALLAH knows best!
Yeah this is what I am planning to do in the near future, the site is still new and I was waiting to see the overall performance before going on further details like buying a free domain and getting more space/bandwidth.

Sister, check out sitewizard's website. There they give help and tips on how to get more traffic to your website. I'll try to see if i find the answer. Maybe this would help?! Why is my site not ranking in the search engines?
another related topic

and another one.
JazakiAllah khair dear sis, I waited a long time till I finally got my site ranked in google/yahoo search. They don't include the submitted URLs to them immediately, I had to wait for 2 months I guess till they answered my request !!

The links are good though, jazakiAllah khair for sharing

seek-paradise
06-10-2010, 04:31 PM
thanks sister Allah reward you inshaa allah great site
I know websites done in (in motion hosting ) it is a good company and support but I don't think it is the cheapest but still good But ALLAH knows best

Masuma
06-10-2010, 07:34 PM
sister Danah, sissssster Daaaanaaah! you hear me there? :( Your inbox is full of PMs so can't send you more! :( please delete some, otherwise an annoying person would feel restless if she would be no more able to send messages!

:wub:

glo
06-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Asalam Alykom.

The forum is up now, actually its a mini forum. Just few sections that are mainly directed for those who need any help in Arabic. whether its questions or small translation requests. Register now if you have the interest inshaAllah

http://protectedpearl.webs.com/apps/forums/
I can't open the link, Danah. All I get is an ERROR message ...

seek-paradise
06-10-2010, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Working good with me

Danah
06-10-2010, 10:04 PM
sister Danah, sissssster Daaaanaaah! you hear me there? :( Your inbox is full of PMs so can't send you more! :( please delete some, otherwise an annoying person would feel restless if she would be no more able to send messages!

:wub:

Oh I am sorry sis I didn't notice that it was full, okay I deleted some now u may send again.

Strange!! it's working fine for me and UK users too, try again.

glo
06-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Sorry, Danah, it's still not working ...

Danah
06-14-2010, 06:07 PM
^ seriously?
Can you post the error message you are seeing?

thats really strange I have many members from UK and none of them have the same problem!

glo
06-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Danah, in Opera the message says this:

Could not connect to remote server

You tried to access the address http://protectedpearl.webs.com/apps/forums/, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
Make sure your Internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.
Check that the setup of any Internet security software is correct and does not interfere with ordinary Web browsing.
If you are behind a firewall on a Local Area Network and think this may be causing problems, talk to your systems administrator.
Try pressing the F12 key on your keyboard and disabling proxy servers, unless you know that you are required to use a proxy to connect to the Internet. Reload the page.
In Firefox this:

The connection has timed out
The server at protectedpearl.webs.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Perhaps it's just that it takes so long for the page to load. (My computer doesn't seem to have problems with other web pages)

Danah
06-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Danah, in Opera the message says this:

In Firefox this:

Perhaps it's just that it takes so long for the page to load. (My computer doesn't seem to have problems with other web pages)
Oh you are trying to view the forum page but its not available anymore....I didn't find any benefit of that page that's why I deleted it :-[
Have you tried to open the homepage? It will work...try this: http://www.protectedpearl.webs.com/

glo
06-16-2010, 06:14 AM
Still not working, Danah. :embarrass

Could not connect to remote server

You tried to access the address http://www.protectedpearl.webs.com/, which is currently unavailable.
What else can I try?

Danah
06-16-2010, 11:49 AM
^ aww that's really weird!!

I will contact the webs.com to see what's wrong! I am sorry for that glo.

Muslim Woman
06-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Salaam Sis

why I need to log in each time I visit ? Why forum can't recognise me ? :(

Danah
06-24-2010, 05:21 PM
^ wa Alykom asalam sis
I removed the forum as I saw there is no benefit from having it there. As for the site, yeah it's the same with me sometimes even if I checked the "remember me" checkbox. I guess that's feature is not available in webs.com but I will double check that again inshaAllah.

Danah
08-09-2010, 01:19 AM

Ramadan update:

New section for Ramadan
New Category of Books for Ramadan

Muslim Woman
08-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Salaam Sis,

I had a quick look on Ramadan section , looks nice , MashaAllah.

InshaAllah will visit again and read more :D

keep up all the good works. May Allah accepts this as a way to Jannat , Ameen.

Danah
11-05-2010, 06:34 PM

The latest updates in the website are the following:

1. You can access the website now by the clicking on the this URL: www.protectedpearl.com

2. New sections were made for: Hajj, Umrah, and Udhyiah

Please keep those who helped me in your Duaa.

Danah
02-01-2011, 03:08 PM

It has been a year since I started the Protected Pearl. Many things have changed and many pages have been added. I would like to know your feedback about the website in general.

Muslim Woman
02-02-2011, 01:02 AM

It has been a year since I started the Protected Pearl.

Happy birthday to the Protected Pearl. Many happy returns of the day :)

:happy::muslimah::rock:;D

Danah
02-02-2011, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Happy birthday to the Protected Pearl. Many happy returns of the day :)

:happy::muslimah::rock:;D
JazakiAllah khair sis :)
You are one of those whom I feel really grateful to for the help and support I got from them. May Allah bless you and reward you greatly.

Woodrow
02-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Masha Allah, the site is looking very good. Very well constructed, lots of useful and inspirational information. Outstanding job.

Sawdah
02-02-2011, 03:19 PM
MashaAllah, it's been a full year. :) May Allah swt bless your website and have more people benefit from it. Ameen

Grofica
02-02-2011, 03:34 PM
as always your site looks great

Salahudeen
02-06-2011, 09:51 PM
mashaAllah looks good.

Hannah.
02-11-2011, 03:23 PM
masha'Allah, nice job! I'm saving this onto my favourites :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.