/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the reason?

muslimsister1
02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
:sl:

Hope your all in gud health, im jst curious to know thatwhen women fall pregnant they tend to kee the news to themselves for the first 3 months, i jst want to know what is the reason behind this and is there anything in islam that states this? Look forward to replies.

Jazakallah

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
02-01-2010, 02:16 PM
i guess its because the first trimester is when miscarriages are more common so...

theres not islamic reasoning for it, more cultural and also people afraid of the evil eye

Ansariyah
02-01-2010, 02:42 PM
It's cultural & just to avoid bein evil eyed. In my family my sisters told us & parents but apart from that everyone else knew when they sighted the bump.

gladTidings
02-01-2010, 02:47 PM
I think it is a cultural thing. But its understandable. The first trimester is the most important in terms of development of the embryo, the development of major organs takes place at this stage. Its sometimes called the 'all or nothing' stage, where if the baby is affected by the mothers condition or agents that will cause birth defects it is usually affected t this stage.

I havent come across any islamic evidence with regards to it. I think there may be a hadith about being discreet in such matters to protect from envy...but I cant find it. I might be mistaken.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
02-27-2010, 05:12 AM
I think you do not need any Islamic evidence to support or negate being discreet about one's private things. I understand why some people would not want to announce to the world that they are pregnant or any other happiness. They just keep it to themselves and the closest people to them including true good friends. No need to update status on facebook "I am pregnant."

AlbanianMuslim
02-27-2010, 05:44 AM
It was a cultural thing because people thought that there was the "evil eye" but that has stemmed from the experience of miscarriages and people using the evil eye to explain everything, it is because like someone already said, the first 3 months is the time when miscarriage is most likely to happen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.