/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to increase Love for Rasulallah? (saw) because...

hariss
02-01-2010, 11:58 AM
:sl:

Brothers and Sisters, what is the best way to really love the Prophet Muhammed (saw) and relate to him ?

I ask this because i find it very easy to love his Companions, such as Abu Bakr, Umar, Usman, Ali, Khalid bin Waleed, Abu Ubaidah bin Jarrah, S'ad bin Abi Waqas when i read about them my heart is attached to them in such a way i wish i was with them, and i wish i could see them 'in action' so to speak.

I find the same is true when i read about Muslim heros such as Salahuddin Ayyubi, Muhammad bin Qasim, Sultan Muhammed Fatih, Sultan Tipu etc. It really comes down to a issue of mine that i can relate to them more than i can relate to the Prophets, and in particular the best of the Prophets Muhammed (saw).

This might be a bit tricky to understand but it comes down to this, the way i see it the Prophet Muhammed (saw) was chosen by Allah (swt) from the start and really 'he could not lose', i mean for a start Rasulallah (saw) could not be killed - Allah would not allow that to happen.

Secondly Rasulallah (saw) was extraordinary in terms of his worship, his fasting, his mercy, his patience, his kindness etc. yes he was 'human' but Allah (swt) had purified and favored him in such a way that he is clearly far beyond what a normal person can achieve.

Thirdly, Rasulallah (saw) had the support of Angels, he had Malaikah at hand who could potentially level a entire city like Ta'if with one command, if he so desired, he had easy access to Gabriel (as) and conversed with him, he could raise his hands anytime and ask Allah (swt) and Allah would probably grant it.

Fourthly, the Rasul (saw) had seen things which a normal human cannot ever see (until death). Such as the Isra wal'Miraj journey to the Heavens, he was shown visions of the future and his Ummah, he was shown the Prophets and the other supernatural worlds/dimensions such as the world of Angels, Jinns etc,

Fifth, Rasulallah (saw) was cut out for his role and it was planned from the beginging by Allah (swt) who in his wisdom had prepared the perfect time and scene for the Prophet, even his lineage going back to Ismael (as) and Abraheem (as) etc, the Companions and supporters of Rasulallah (saw) were handpicked and nourished in a special way by Allah (swt).

So i mean for a mere mortal like myself, while i appreciate that without Rasulallah (saw) the world would never be the same, and we would not have Islam in the way we know it, i dont see how i can relate to the Rasul (saw) except to say that i was one of many from his ummah.

As for the Muslim heros like Salahuddin, i find i can relate much more to them because they went through what we are going through, they had similiar tests and trials like we are having and they could not rely on supernatural support in the same way a Prophet of God can.

How to reconcile this with the fact that none shall have true faith until he loves Rasulallah (saw) more than their ownselves?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hariss
02-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Anyone? :embarrass

hariss
02-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Can the Mods kindly move this to the Advice and Support section, inshallah someone who understands the question may reply

Alpha Dude
02-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Wa alaykum salam,
How to reconcile this with the fact that none shall have true faith until he loves Rasulallah (saw) more than their ownselves?
I guess ultimately, you don't need to 'relate' to him, in the absolute sense, in order to love him. For instance, we can't 'relate' to Allah either, yet we're able to show love for Allah right?

Saying that, the Prophets, peace be upon them, had enormous amounts of stress and tests placed upon them. It's not correct to assume they didn't struggle just cos they were Prophets.

Think about Yaqub Alaihe Salam. His son Yusuf Alaihe Salam was taken away from him and he stayed his lifetime crying and yearning for his return. Why would he have cried if he wasn't suffering?

In my opinion, the direct realisation of the truth and the mercy, love, compassion and soft heartedness that they had were sort of double edged, in that due to their nature, they must have had extreme worry for people when they didn't listen to the message they brought. This sorrow must have been on their minds constantly. Think about it. Put yourself in their shoes.

Imagine two things:

- You saw Allah and saw heaven and hell with your own eyes.
- You had extreme compassion and care for people and worry for them (say the kind of love you have for your own family members - think how much you wouldn't want them to get hurt).

Given these two things, wouldn't you be totally worried and scared for people who chose to remain heedless? Even those people who did listen, wouldn't you worry that they might make a mistake?

Can you imagine how much psychological sorrow they must have been going through after having direct connection and knowing the truth and yet seeing people not take heed?

I mean, speaking for my ownself even, I try my best to practice and when I look at my close family members who don't, I feel really bad and wish so much that they could have their eyes open! I feel sorrow, based on my limited experience of faith. So then imagine the level of sorrow the Prophets faced after having direct realisation of what hell is like and what sort of punishment awaited the people they had utmost concern and care for due to their compassionate nature (much like the concern you or I would normally have only for immediate family)?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
02-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Addendum.

The Prophets were also to submit to the will of Allah. Their submission was tested to the very limits that they could handle. They were ordered and they obeyed. It wasn't easy as you would assume.

Imagine Ibrahim Alaihe Salam being commanded to sacrifice his own son? From what I remember, it wasn't revealed in one direct revelation, but rather through a series of dreams.

Now, Ibrahim Alaihe Salam would have realiased from day one of seeing the dream that he has been commanded to sacrifice his son (cos dreams of Prophets are wahi/revelation), but he didn't carry it out straight away. Imagine the grief at the thought of sacrificing his son? So he waited for a confirmation. Prophet Ibrahim Alaihe Salam waited for 3 more such dreams to happen of the same nature, until he became resolute.

Allah says in the Quran that it indeed was a manifest and difficult trial.

sabr*
02-06-2010, 12:49 AM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Akhi hariss:

Insha Allah this will provide some clarity to your questions.

format_quote Originally Posted by hariss
:sl:Brothers and Sisters, what is the best way to really love the Prophet Muhammed (saw) and relate to him ?
1. It is a condition of faith to love the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS)

Surah Ahzab 33:6

The Prophet is closer to the Believers than their own selves, and his wives are their mothers. Blood-relations among each other have closer personal ties, in the Decree of Allah. Than (the Brotherhood of) Believers and Muhajirs: nevertheless do ye what is just to your closest friends: such is the writing in the Decree (of Allah..
(Y. Ali translation)

Sahih Al Bukhari Volume 8, Book 80, Number 723:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "I am more closer to the believers than their own selves, so whoever (of them) dies while being in debt and leaves nothing for its repayment, then we are to pay his debts on his behalf and whoever (among the believers) dies leaving some property, then that property is for his heirs."

:sl:This might be a bit tricky to understand but it comes down to this, the way i see it the Prophet Muhammed (saw) was chosen by Allah (swt) from the start and really 'he could not lose', i mean for a start Rasulallah (saw) could not be killed - Allah would not allow that to happen.
2. The Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) was a man that was inspired by Allah for the benefit of mankind. He died just like everyone will be called upon. The Sira (History) discusses the Jewess woman poisoning in a meal the Prophet (SAWS) ate. Allahu 'Alim

The Prophet offered his life as those companions he lead which you admire in battles and didn't on many the results were unknown to him.

The suffering Prophet Muhammad endured during the infancy of establishing Islam is documented in his Sira (History). I urge you to read it.

Surah Baqarah 2:214

Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? they encountered suffering and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: "When (will come) the help of Allah." Ah! Verily, the help of Allah is (always) near! (Y. Ali translation)

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 400:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle (pointing to his broken canine tooth) said, "Allah's Wrath has become severe on the people who harmed His Prophet. Allah's Wrath has become severe on the man who is killed by the Apostle of Allah in Allah's Cause."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 59, Number 551:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

When Khaibar was conquered, a (cooked) sheep containing poison, was given as a present to Allah's Apostle

:sl:Secondly Rasulallah (saw) was extraordinary in terms of his worship, his fasting, his mercy, his patience, his kindness etc. yes he was 'human' but Allah (swt) had purified and favored him in such a way that he is clearly far beyond what a normal person can achieve.
3. Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) report regarding he was no better than Ibrahim declaring we are more liable to be in doubt to Allah:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 591:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "We are more liable to be in doubt than Abraham when he said, 'My Lord! Show me how You give life to the dead." . He (i.e. Allah) slid: 'Don't you believe then?' He (i.e. Abraham) said: "Yes, but (I ask) in order to be stronger in Faith." (2.260) And may Allah send His Mercy on Lot! He wished to have a powerful support. If I were to stay in prison for such a long time as Joseph did I would have accepted the offer (of freedom without insisting on having my guiltless less declared)."

Surah Ali Imran 3:144

Muhammad is no more than an apostle: many Were the apostle that passed away before him. If he died or were slain, will ye then Turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah. but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve Him) with gratitude. (Y. Ali translation)

:sl:Thirdly, Rasulallah (saw) had the support of Angels, he had Malaikah at hand who could potentially level a entire city like Ta'if with one command, if he so desired, he had easy access to Gabriel (as) and conversed with him, he could raise his hands anytime and ask Allah (swt) and Allah would probably grant it.
4. Allah sends protection to who he wills not only Prophets:

Surah Ra'd 13:11

For each (such person) there are (angels) in succession, before and behind him: They guard him by command of Allah. Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls). But when (once) Allah willeth a people's punishment, there can be no turning it back, nor will they find, besides Him, any to protect.
(Y. Ali translation)

Surah Qaf 50:17-18

50:17 (Y. Ali) Behold, two (guardian angels) appointed to learn (his doings) learn (and noted them), one sitting on the right and one on the left.

50:18 (Y. Ali) Not a word does he utter but there is a sentinel by him, ready (to note it).

:sl:Fourthly, the Rasul (saw) had seen things which a normal human cannot ever see (until death). Such as the Isra wal'Miraj journey to the Heavens, he was shown visions of the future and his Ummah, he was shown the Prophets and the other supernatural worlds/dimensions such as the world of Angels, Jinns etc,

5. Allah has favored some Prophets and Messengers more than others:

Surah Baqarah 2:253

Those apostles We endowed with gifts, some above others: To one of them Allah spoke; others He raised to degrees (of honour); to Jesus the son of Mary We gave clear (Signs), and strengthened him with the holy spirit. If Allah had so willed, succeeding generations would not have fought among each other, after clear (Signs) had come to them, but they (chose) to wrangle, some believing and others rejecting. If Allah had so willed, they would not have fought each other; but Allah Fulfilleth His plan.
(Y. Ali translation)

:sl:Fifth, Rasulallah (saw) was cut out for his role and it was planned from the beginning by Allah (swt) who in his wisdom had prepared the perfect time and scene for the Prophet, even his lineage going back to Ismael (as) and Abraheem (as) etc, the Companions and supporters of Rasulallah (saw) were handpicked and nourished in a special way by Allah (swt).
6. A required reading of the basics of Tawhid appears required. Research the Aqeedah for the qualities of Tawhid. Insha Allah

:sl:

7. Allah is the only one who is able to increase faith (Iman) Pray that Allah grants you that increase in knowledge

Surah Ta Ha 20:114

High above all is Allah, the King, the Truth! Be not in haste with the Qur'an before its revelation to thee is completed, but say, "O my Lord! advance me in knowledge." (Y. Ali translation)

Alhamdulillah! Subhanallah! Allahu Akbar!

waqas maqsood
02-08-2010, 04:30 AM
Please excuse me for my innocence if it come comes across rudely but as mentioned above, 'it is a condition of faith to love Mohammed (pbuh)'.

Yes, the Prophet (pbuh) was a perfect example for the whole humanity but again, He was the Messenger of Allah to guide us and follow Allah's commandment.

Now, I wanted to ask... To what extend do we love the Beloved of Allah? Because some people cannot draw the line and start practising shirk.

Personally, I love Muhammed (pbuh) because He was chosen by Allah as the last and final Messenger. Through Him, we have been taught Islam not just as a religion, but the way to live our life.
His Sunnah are prime and perfect example and we should follow them. The Qu'ran was revealed to the Prophet through Jibra'eel, but were Allahs words.

He (pbuh) is amongst of the best Prophets chosen by Allah, but at the end of the day, we return to Allah, and thats why we pray only to Allah.

With the quote mentioned from the previous message 'condition of faith to love the Beloved Rasullullah (pbuh)' Can someone please clarrify it for me?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.