/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A letter from a girl from past relationship.

Yusuf Saeed
02-01-2010, 01:06 PM
:sl:

While on my way to Islam and becoming a Muslim I had this "love story" with one girl and it ended a bit less than a year ago (me becoming a Muslim wasn't at all the only reason why it came to an end). After that I did the best to cut the possible ways she could contact me but one thing that remained was the postal address.

Anyways, today I received a letter or a card from her and I don't know what I should do with it. So far one thing I have thought of is not to open it and just burn it. Another thing I've been thinking of is not to open it and that perhaps to find out if there is some way I could have the postal service deliver it back to her in a way she would think I never received it. Of course also curiosity remains and a part of me wants to open it.

I know it's a really trivial matter and quite nothing compared to the problems people have brought up here. But nevertheless, I'd like to know your opinion about what is the best thing to do with it. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
02-01-2010, 03:37 PM

You should write back telling you're now a Muslim and Islam does not permit relationships outside marriage.

It is better to face up to this now.

Insh'Allah and pray to Allah to help you.

Hope this helps/ (Insh'Allah)

cat eyes
02-01-2010, 03:43 PM

i honestly would not be able to just neglect it... id have to open it i love receiving letters but there mostly love letters from the bank ;D

p.s i agree with sister life_is_short... you should inform her about everything bro
:wa:

Italianguy
02-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Just open it bro! What if she wants to come to Islam.......with you!

Unless you are married?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dagless
02-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Open it. Words can't hurt you. Whatever it is, you are secure in your faith. It might be something important.

Italianguy
02-01-2010, 04:36 PM
we're such bad instagators;D

Yusuf Saeed
02-01-2010, 04:51 PM

Thanks for the replies.

You should write back telling you're now a Muslim and Islam does not permit relationships outside marriage.

It is better to face up to this now.
Well, she knows I'm a Muslim. By the way I got the translation of the Qur'an the very evening I first talked to her just few hours before. Although I started following Islam and being a Muslim in a more proper way after it all ended with her I thought of myself as a Muslim even while in the relationship and I did my best to help her enter Islam.

So, I honestly don't think there's a reason I should contact her now. She knows quite well why it all ended and she thus should know that me becoming a Muslim was a rather irrelevant reason.

Just open it bro! What if she wants to come to Islam.......with you!

Unless you are married?
I'm not married but for many reasons I would surely not want to marry her.

Cat eyes also advises to open it but I'm not sure really. Even though I'm curious to know what she might have written I don't think I should deal with something related to her anymore.

But for some reason I'm seeing even more replies telling me to open it.
I kind of feel now to be tending towards that myself as well... :hmm:

Life_Is_Short
02-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Do you have any idea why she is writing to you?

Yusuf Saeed
02-01-2010, 05:29 PM

Do you have any idea why she is writing to you?
Through the envelope some "New year" shone through. Apart from that I can also guess that perhaps she writes that she's sorry or something and wishes I'm doing well in my life. If that is the case then I would have to doubt sincerity behind these words.

But I haven't opened it (yet?), so Allahu alam.

Yusuf Saeed
02-01-2010, 06:34 PM

I read it and burnt it.
So the thread may be closed.

Life_Is_Short
02-01-2010, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yusuf Saeed

Through the envelope some "New year" shone through. Apart from that I can also guess that perhaps she writes that she's sorry or something and wishes I'm doing well in my life. If that is the case then I would have to doubt sincerity behind these words.

But I haven't opened it (yet?), so Allahu alam.
:wa:
In that case, I don't see any reason in opening it. It is best to ignore it and pray to Allah./ Insh'Allah.

May Allah make this easy for you. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.