/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Warning To Students Of Knowledge – By Shaykh Haitham Al-Haddaad

imam bukhari
02-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Assalaam o alaykum,

Nice video:

Warning To Students Of Knowledge – By Shyakh Haitham Al-Haddaad

Wassalaam o alaykum

Akhookum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Darth Ultor
02-01-2010, 01:36 PM
What does "Children of Zinnah" mean?

Beardo
02-01-2010, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
What does "Children of Zinnah" mean?
I didn't watch the video, but Children of Zinnah means illegitimate children. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Darth Ultor
02-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks, and what about "Kufa"?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
02-01-2010, 02:14 PM
:sl:

At what point does the Shaykh, mention that?

I think you might be asking about 'masah al-kuff' which refers to wiping over the socks in Wudhu 'Ablution'

imam bukhari
02-01-2010, 06:51 PM
unless he does mean kufa..as in kufa, a city in Iraq...

imam bukhari
07-23-2010, 09:28 PM
*bump* . . . . . . .

Darth Ultor
07-28-2010, 04:43 AM
Oh, he said Kuffar *facepalm*. Didn't understand the accent. It sounded like "Kuffa". Doesn't that mean "Nonbeliever"? Why should the prayers of a whole congregation be invalid if the imam doesn't perform the wiping over the sock?

أحمد
07-29-2010, 02:41 PM

Mashah 'alal kuffain means to wipe over the socks (Wudhu).

As for children of zina, they are the children conceived outside marriage.

The sheikh is warning students of knowledge not to use logical deduction outside the boundary of an individual's knowledge.

I've seen only the first video, both examples point to warning of wrong deduction based on logic outside an individual's knowledge (or opinion in many cases).

:wa:

أحمد
07-30-2010, 01:41 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by imam bukhari
unless he does mean kufa..as in kufa, a city in Iraq...
كوفة is a city, كف is a sock.

format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Oh, he said Kuffar *facepalm*. Didn't understand the accent. It sounded like "Kuffa". Doesn't that mean "Nonbeliever"? Why should the prayers of a whole congregation be invalid if the imam doesn't perform the wiping over the sock?
Kuff doesn't mean non-believer; you can't substitute non-believers for socks, they just won't fit around the feet as well.

Invalidation isn't inherited in Islam, those who assume invalidation; can pray again, for those who don't assume invalidation; they're prayer isn't invalid. There's a famous hadeeth "إنما الأعمال بالنيات". Deeds are judged by intentions.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.