/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Neighbour Trouble

Life_Is_Short
02-02-2010, 01:12 AM
:sl:

I have been asked to write a letter to the council to complain about my neighbours behaviour. It has been a year and they're still disputing over the extension which lies in between our and their house. The building is completly legal and has passed all the regulations. They live in a council house and therefore have no authority over it but yestarday they did not allow our builders to go inside their house in order to finish work on that side of the building.

They have also harassed our builders on a number of occasions in the past. :hmm:

If i write a letter, they'll be out the house. My parents are fed up but i think we should forgive them and give them another chance because after all Islam attaches great importance on the rights of neighbours.

Islam warns against annoying one’s neighbours or treating them badly. The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained that this would lead to being deprived of Paradise: “He will not enter Paradise from whose harm his neighbour is not safe.” (Agreed upon. Narrated by Muslim, 64).

Their family is already falling apart and this will lead to more disturbance.

Any advice is appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
02-02-2010, 08:54 AM
^just get the police or someone in authority to give them a warning. i agree you shouldn't have them kicked out.

Life_Is_Short
02-02-2010, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
^just get the police or someone in authority to give them a warning. i agree you shouldn't have them kicked out.
We did but police says we can't do anything about this, contact the council. :hmm:

S<Chowdhury
02-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Hmmm difficult situation, i think you should ask them one more time politely look this extension meets all regulations and I'm guessing you got planning permission, so just tell them can you just let our builders enter your house just to finish the work, and if they still refuse then make a threat of taking it to the council and making a formal complaint. Sometimes they just need a firm hand and they usually cave but at the end of the day you've given them two chances, and its causing a inconvenience to you by the builders not finishing the extension so I'd just make a complaint. I doubt the council will evict them straight away, they'll probably issue a warning and if this continues then they will be evicted, so they go a few more chance before it comes to them getting kicked out.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
02-04-2010, 01:26 AM
this is what happened with my dads neighbour. he was getting extension on his house. he had to ring the police cos he had no other choice they became aggressive with him and giving his family threats so i know these problems can get out of hand and your left with no choice but to take action

Raaina
02-04-2010, 05:27 AM
ahhh I hate it when neighbours won't co-operate. Perhaps you could call the council and ask advise? Oh the other hand, make a complaint but ask them to just send the tenants a warning rather then kicking them out.

On the other hand, I wouldn't worry if they get kicked out, they will just be rehomed somewhere else. Don't let them make life a misary for you :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.