/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to advertise

Ummu Sufyaan
02-02-2010, 03:06 AM
:sl:
how can i attract people to my blog/website. how do i advertise? what can i do to maximize the number of visits?
i've had my blog for about 1.5 years and i hardly get anyone visiting. its only about 5 hits a day. this cant be normal? is it really that boring?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
alcurad
02-02-2010, 04:20 AM
ok so I apologize form the beginnig, but I might come across as-brutally-honest though it is only my opinion,,,
now that that's out of the way let's start:
when I look for blogs I only gravitate towards anything that's mentally satisfying to me, I think your blog-I just looked :)-is more of a guidance/teaching blog rather than a life/food/people/tv shows/hobby/interests etc blog? there are probably hundreds if not thousands of people doing the same thing you're doing, if you want to be different then doing something different would be the answer to more visits.

I don't mean to sound mean and cold, but perhaps you should broaden your blogging horizons? generally find what interests you in life other than religious knowledge, then blog, let me give you an example form the opposite end, ie. me as a follower of some blogs, i usually follow things that if you check out you'll find that none of them deal with the subject matter as a 'presenting information' manner, rather they're all trying their best to actually connect to the readers, and it's always about something that's deeply engaging-ie. it deals with questions a specific group of people truly care about and not out of a sense of obligation only- some are even harmless and maybe seem outright silly but the blogger/s always seem to find meaning in it and they're all passionate about what they're doing. that's pretty much it in my opinion, for you personally I'd suggest reading more blogs and trying to find ones you really like and then try and figure out why you like it? it'll be easy to pick up what that person was doing.

not though: blogging is a not an easy occupation, my advice in a nutshell is don't just blog, rather find something that you want to tell to the world.. but now I'm running out of words, so here's a website
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-6120257.html

ok this was one big mess of a post, but I've been writing less and less these day, and I think I made a bunch of good points, but anyway, it is my opinion and I hope it helps
& best of luck~

Beardo
02-02-2010, 04:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
:sl:
how can i attract people to my blog/website. how do i advertise? what can i do to maximize the number of visits?
i've had my blog for about 1.5 years and i hardly get anyone visiting. its only about 5 hits a day. this cant be normal? is it really that boring?
It'd be a good start to put a link in your signature. By doing that, you're also increasing your google PR I think. :X

syilla
02-02-2010, 05:15 AM
^^^but then our siggies are limited... I also wanted to pictures, my 2 blogs, my fav links... :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
02-02-2010, 05:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
ok so I apologize form the beginnig, but I might come across as-brutally-honest though it is only my opinion,,,
now that that's out of the way let's start:[...]
that's the thing though, i want it strictly Islamic...i dont want to delve into my personal life on line....i dont write my own articles its easier and less time consuming to copy/paste.
like blogs like al-fajr that's not a personal blog, but it does so well, mashallah but she uses all sorts of interesting info that i cant get a hold of the sources :hmm: i dont know where to get stuff like that from. not to mention my theme/aesthetically my blog is so boring...i have no idea how to jazz it up...i dont even know how to use photoshop and all so yes, i dont know how to make it appealing in that sense...

what is PR?

Beardo
02-03-2010, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
^^^but then our siggies are limited... I also wanted to pictures, my 2 blogs, my fav links... :X
You should be able to do it. I mean, you have a picture of a heart (that's a heart right? :X) So there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to post pictures of your blogs. :X

Italianguy
02-03-2010, 04:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
It'd be a good start to put a link in your signature. By doing that, you're also increasing your google PR I think. :X
Wow, your blog is really cool! I don't really know what a blog is? But yours looks god. Is it free? How do I start one of those?

God be with you.

Beardo
02-03-2010, 04:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Wow, your blog is really cool! I don't really know what a blog is? But yours looks god. Is it free? How do I start one of those?

God be with you.
Go to HalalPress.com :p You can start your own free blog. Don't you receive e-mail updates on IslamicBoard? :X

Anyway, Jazakallah. :D You could write your own blog about those stories with your family. ;D

Italianguy
02-03-2010, 04:33 AM
Go to HalalPress.com :p You can start your own free blog. Don't you receive e-mail updates on IslamicBoard? :X

Anyway, Jazakallah. :D You could write your own blog about those stories with your family. ;D
I don't get email updates from islamicboard?? Only when a response to a thread i subscribed to is made?

That would be cool, i have never blogged before:embarrass

syilla
02-03-2010, 04:33 AM
You should be able to do it. I mean, you have a picture of a heart (that's a heart right? :X) So there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to post pictures of your blogs. :X
I tried but i got this

"Your signature cannot be longer than 300 characters excluding BB code markup"

:hmm:

Beardo
02-03-2010, 04:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
I tried but i got this

"Your signature cannot be longer than 300 characters excluding BB code markup"

:hmm:
Oh. Post the issue on the HelpDesk. Maybe one of the staff can double check it.

syilla
02-03-2010, 04:37 AM
Oh. Post the issue on the HelpDesk. Maybe one of the staff can double check it.
Ok... InshaAllah.

within this week...InshaAllah. I'm going to make the signature first and post in the thread... :phew

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.