/* */

PDA

View Full Version : asa

sunshine111
02-02-2010, 10:56 AM
:sl:

I have a question to ask.....
When we eat fruits, they digest in stomach and produce alcohol......
and if you eat fruits too much, does that mean you have alcohol in your body? does it have same effect as normal alcohol consumption? if yes , then what to do .......and if not? then How ?

its confusing at times when people bring up these kind of questions to you. I dont want answer to satisfy them rather to satisfy me .

Thankyou
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Italianguy
02-02-2010, 12:33 PM
I don't see how it is pssible to produce alcdohol in our own bodies? Especially with the digestive acids in our stomachs. It takes a long time for fermentation of fruits to produce alcohol, probably digested and expelled before this process occurs.

God bless.

Asiyah3
02-02-2010, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sunshine111
:sl:

When we eat fruits, they digest in stomach and produce alcohol......
This is the first time I hear this :hmm:

if yes , then what to do .......and if not? then How ?
I don't think there is anything to do about it. You can't affect what happens inside your body.

:wa:

Edit: :welcome: to the Forums! Great to have ya here sis :statisfie I hope you will get beneficial knowledge, Insha'lLah. Enjoy your stay!

May Allah increase you in knowledge and Iman

AlbanianMuslim
02-02-2010, 04:03 PM
does that really happen??
sounds iffy to me

Besides....if it WAS bad to eat fruit than im pretty sure the Kuran and/or Hadiths would have indicated such. So i wouldnt put much weight into anyone telling you its bad to eat fruit because it supposedly turns in to alcohol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
02-02-2010, 04:51 PM
anything with an -OH ending is an alcohol
there are different kinds of alcohols, Ethanol being an intoxicant, others which can lead to death, blindness, kidney failure etc, like isopropyl, ethylene glycol, and the list goes on and on..
Allah swt, decreed that the alcohol we are forbidden from ingesting is anything that causes us harm. the way your body metabolizes or breaks down components of fruits is natural and non harmful in most cases (I say this because obviously there are foods that are harmful or even poisonous) but that is a topic for a different thread..

There is a specific pathway for the breakdown of intoxicating alcohol which I urge you to look up on google and you'll learn that it is a completely different pathway from when you are eating fruits.

look up by the word 'Alcohol dehydrogenase' it should narrow down your search insha'Allah

(this is a very broad broad explanation) so insha'Allah if you want a detailed account use key word and look it up on google..

:w:

sunshine111
02-04-2010, 10:03 AM
asa,
Thankyou for the replies.
This topic came into discussion with some of my coulleage who is non-muslim,
he knew alcohol is not allowed in islam and muslims are allowed to eat fruits.
He has a friend who is not alcoholic but who eats lot of fruits, and once doctor told him to reduce alcohol consumption as he diagnosed high level in his blood.
So, the question is if fruit (fresh) creates alcohol in body? the toxic one? or just some other type (which I dont know which is not harmful for body) .........

I am confused.......!
I know I need to research it bcos it is bothering me, but how should I start it ?
you know, if you have to explain something to others you have to be clear ,
but
if you have to explain something to yourself , then you have to be extra clear.
I hope I make my point clear.
thankyou for the replies and taking time to think about this stupid thing! which I am unable to graasp.

asa

جوري
02-04-2010, 01:16 PM
he can't have alot of alcohol in his blood unless he is drunk as a skunk. has nothing to do with fruits whatsoever. He is pulling your feet.
Imagine how many people would be pulled over for eating fruits :haha:

zakirs
02-06-2010, 04:47 AM
Thats entirely baseless, your Friend's Friend might be sneaking into closet and drinking alcohol.And no fruits don't get you high as alcohol.

Grofica
02-06-2010, 02:02 PM
i know people who cut small holes in the fruit and pour vodka in it to sit for 2-3 days and then carry the fruit around to eat (cant drink in public places like beaches and parks etc)

other then that... there is no way fruit will get you drunk...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!