/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Staying clean - toilet issues

mohi
02-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Salam, just need some advise from someone. This has been in my mind for a long time. As a man when I urinate, I try to make sure that none of the drops come to my dress. But when I look to the floor, I always see some tiny drops can be seen. How do you stay clean in such scenarios? Can someone please clairifies issues here from authorities in Islam?

Many thanks and regards,
Mohi Hossain

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
newBro
02-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Waalaikumussalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuhu

Question
My problem is that whenever I finish urinating and do the taharat... little drops of urine still keep coming out slowly... this goes on for about 15 to 20 minutes. After that the ?leaking? stops. Now I was told by someone that for my prayers I have to perform wudu everytime before a prayer. I don?t have any problem doing that... but the problem is that this condition lasts for about 15 minutes only... if I do taharat after those 15 minutes, then im totally clean... What I want to know is that for example its maghrib time... and I feel the need to urinate... so is it alright if I urinate and then perform wudu and then salat... OR do I have to wait for those 20 mins after urinating before performing the wudu??? And what about my clothes?? How should I manage those... shall I change them everytime?.. I mean that way I would be going in and out of the bathroom all day!... Please clarify

Answer

The basic rule is that you have to be completely at ease as far as these
drops are concerned.

In other words, you should be confident that no drops will come out and then
only should you make Wudhu. Therefore, in your case you will have to wait
15 - 20 minutes and allow these droplets to be discharged and then perform
Wudhu. Why don't you go toilet after Salaat or allow extra time between
toilet and Salaat? As for your clothes, you can put a tissue or something
similar to absorb these few droplets and then dispose of the tissue. In this
manner, you won't have a problem of changing repeatedly.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Muhammad Kadwa
FATWA DEPT.

CHECKED AND APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Italianguy
02-04-2010, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by newBro

Question
My problem is that whenever I finish urinating and do the taharat... little drops of urine still keep coming out slowly... this goes on for about 15 to 20 minutes. After that the ?leaking? stops. Now I was told by someone that for my prayers I have to perform wudu everytime before a prayer. I don?t have any problem doing that... but the problem is that this condition lasts for about 15 minutes only... if I do taharat after those 15 minutes, then im totally clean... What I want to know is that for example its maghrib time... and I feel the need to urinate... so is it alright if I urinate and then perform wudu and then salat... OR do I have to wait for those 20 mins after urinating before performing the wudu??? And what about my clothes?? How should I manage those... shall I change them everytime?.. I mean that way I would be going in and out of the bathroom all day!... Please clarify

Answer

The basic rule is that you have to be completely at ease as far as these
drops are concerned.

In other words, you should be confident that no drops will come out and then
only should you make Wudhu. Therefore, in your case you will have to wait
15 - 20 minutes and allow these droplets to be discharged and then perform
Wudhu. Why don't you go toilet after Salaat or allow extra time between
toilet and Salaat? As for your clothes, you can put a tissue or something
similar to absorb these few droplets and then dispose of the tissue. In this
manner, you won't have a problem of changing repeatedly.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Muhammad Kadwa
FATWA DEPT.

CHECKED AND APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Not trying to insult or anything, but have you seen a doctor about this? I have never heard of that happening?

God be with you.

sabr*
02-04-2010, 01:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohi
Salam, just need some advise from someone. This has been in my mind for a long time. As a man when I urinate, I try to make sure that none of the drops come to my dress. But when I look to the floor, I always see some tiny drops can be seen. How do you stay clean in such scenarios? Can someone please clairifies issues here from authorities in Islam?

Many thanks and regards,
Mohi Hossain
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Akhi mohi:

The following is evidence of how the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) answered the call of nature.

We have no idea what part of the world you are in but in the developing countries there is access to Bidets attached to the toilet. But usually flower watering containers are used for washing private parts.

Milking the male private without shaking it until the fluid is totally relieved.

All Muslims sit while answering the call of nature.

If a male takes off all garments while answering the call of nature and stands nine of ten times fluids will touch the skin. If you are wearing garments you can not feel it and your garments are being stained.

What Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) said before answering call of nature

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 144:

Narrated Anas:

Whenever the Prophet went to answer the call of nature, he used to say, "Allah-umma inni a'udhu bika minal khubuthi wal khaba'ith i.e. O Allah, I seek Refuge with You from all offensive and wicked things (evil deeds and evil spirits)."

How the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) washed private parts after answering call of nature.

Sahih Buhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 145:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

Once the Prophet entered a lavatory and I placed water for his ablution. He asked, "Who placed it?" He was informed accordingly and so he said, "O Allah! Make him (Ibn 'Abbas) a learned scholar in religion (Islam)."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 152:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Whenever Allah's Apostle went to answer the call of nature, I along with another boy used to accompany him with a tumbler full of water. (Hisham commented, "So that he might wash his private parts with it.)"

Sahih Sahih Volume 1, Book 4, Number 153:

Narrated Anas:

Whenever Allah's Apostle went to answer the call of nature, I along with another boy from us used to go behind him with a tumbler full of water.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 216:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Whenever the Prophet went to answer the call of nature, I used to bring water with which he used to clean his private parts.

Sitting

Not facing the Qibla answering the call of nature

Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 4, Number 147:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:

People say, "Whenever you sit for answering the call of nature, you should not face the Qibla or Bait-ulMaqdis (Jerusalem)." I told them. "Once I went up the roof of our house and I saw Allah's Apostle answering the call of nature while sitting on two bricks facing Bait-ul-Maqdis (Jerusalem) (but there was a screen covering him. ' (FatehAl-Bari, Page 258, Vol. 1).

Using your left hand to touch and clean your private parts.

Volume 1, Book 4, Number 156:

Narrated Abu Qatada:

The Prophet said, "Whenever anyone of you makes water he should not hold his penis or clean his private parts with his right hand. (And while drinking) one should not breathe in the drinking utensil ."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sabr*
02-04-2010, 01:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by newBro

Question
My problem is that whenever I finish urinating and do the taharat... little drops of urine still keep coming out slowly... this goes on for about 15 to 20 minutes. After that the ?leaking? stops.
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Akhi newBro:

Don't know if you misunderstood the question.

Once the male privates are milked (Not shaked) there should be no fluid.

The fluids that continuing exit the private in that manner usually is related to a seminal not urine.

One of the many reasons for the running clear fluid is buildup in the urethra. I have no idea why people don't research their own bodies.

If you still don't understand after attempting to research the reproductive system see your Urologist. There is no shame about educating yourself on the human body. Some cultures demonize the education of the reproductive thinking it will prevent premarital sex. Allahu 'Alim

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.