/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you endure the war in Gaza?

Samiun
02-02-2010, 02:12 PM
:sl: Brothers and Sisters, I have been sad recently. Upon hearing the war for the 1st time(I know it has been going on for quite a while now but I didn't understand back then) on January, I've come across this guilt feeling. We all know that our brothers/sisters are being killed/tortured everyday by sense we should already be praying to them everyday. But shouldn't we be doing something better? Why not we go into Gaza and oppose those who wants to harm our brothers/sisters? Why not just end our life with "shaheed" for the sake of our brothers/sisters?

From now onwards, every time I switched a fan on I would be thinking "How do our brothers/sisters live in Gaza". Every time food is wasted in the canteen or on the table I would be thinking "Our own brothers/sisters died of starvation and they're wasting food?"...

Have you got any advice for me? I feel this pain and guilt everyday.

of ftopic:

Al-Aqsa is in danger what should we do...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
02-02-2010, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabiel
:sl: Brothers and Sisters, I have been sad recently. Upon hearing the war for the 1st time(I know it has been going on for quite a while now but I didn't understand back then) on January, I've come across this guilt feeling. We all know that our brothers/sisters are being killed/tortured everyday by sense we should already be praying to them everyday. But shouldn't we be doing something better? Why not we go into Gaza and oppose those who wants to harm our brothers/sisters? Why not just end our life with "shaheed" for the sake of our brothers/sisters?

From now onwards, every time I switched a fan on I would be thinking "How do our brothers/sisters live in Gaza". Every time food is wasted in the canteen or on the table I would be thinking "Our own brothers/sisters died of starvation and they're wasting food?"...

of ftopic:

It is a deep pain and becomes even deeper when we discover that many of our own Ummah who live very close to Gaza are supporting The Zionists in keeping our Brothers and sisters captive.

It is a difficult battle and 60 years of armed fighting has only reduced the size of Palestinian land. It is time we found a way to fight without armed confrontation, as armed confrontation has only made life harder for the Palestinians.

The first battle we must fight is to unite the Ummah with a specific workable plan to help Palestine gain freedom. But, this is a very large battle as it seems very few of our Brother's and sisters in the region, have any concern for Gaza.

We may have to look beyond the Ummah and let the truth about Gaza become the force needed to turn public opinion against the Zionists.

Asiyah3
02-02-2010, 02:38 PM

of ftopic:

It's also hard for me imsad... But I try to be patient. I know that for every single calamity they meet, they shall be rewarded by Allah SWT greatly--

I don't really know what to say imsad

May Allah make it easy for them and guide them

thetruth2009
02-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Assalam aleykoum sisters and brothers,

can you tell me who cares what happen in Gaza ?

I am not talking about Muslims, I am taling about our presidents and Kings.

I do not think we can help them until USA do something and Israel accept it.

Because Isreal do what they want even if there are outlaw.

Israel with his nuclear weapon can kill almost half of the world.

Sorry to say we are very far away from Allah SWT and our OUMMA is paying it.

I ask Allah SWT to help them and to guide us and to forgive us.

Assalam aleykoum sisters and brothers.

PS : Our leaders are corrupted

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyah3
02-02-2010, 04:22 PM
^Very true

wa aleykum as-salaam

Supreme
02-02-2010, 04:55 PM
You can try and find a charity that gives to Palestinians. Alternatively, you could go to Gaza yourself and help directly and personally. Although I don't think the Al Aqsa compound is in danger. I think there's more chance of the Israelis destroying the Wailing Wall then there is al Aqsa, as the repercussions would be huge.

ardianto
02-02-2010, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thetruth2009

I do not think we can help them until USA do something and Israel accept it.
We can help them if Hosni Mobarak open the border.

aadil77
02-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Bro theres injustices happening against muslims all over the world, its natural to feel get upset or furious about them, everyday we're under attack whether its by military or by media, theres a limited amount we can do but that is obviously better than nothing :hmm:

sister herb
02-02-2010, 05:15 PM
:sl:

We can also spread truthfull information about situation in Gaza and other parts of Palestine both in our countries and internationally to people whose haven´t got it from any other sources than from those who support zionist media and ask them too to pressure leaders.

Also we can create contacts to Gazans and tell them we aren´t forget them but support them and make dua for them.

thetruth2009
02-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Assalam aleykoum sisters and brothers,

I have an idiea I would like to share with you.

I am earing every where I want and I would like to help Palestinians.

There an easy way to help them and we have to spread it among all muslims of the world.

Every one of you have to sponsor a Palestinian boy or palestinian girl, you will receive news and pictures of him or here and you will be directly involved in the Palestinian cause.

You have to tel that to your family , your relatives and others muslims at work at school.

It was a long time ago I was thinking about that, today I started.

I filed a form online to islamic rescue and , I commit to do it Insha allah all my life until I die.

I am going to give every month a certain amout to a little girl or boy every month to allow them to go to school, to eat and to by cloths.

No price to see a child Happy, we spend money every month for nothing, we can save a small amount and make a personn around the world happy.

What do you think ? I think our OUMMA can do that sacrifice around the world no ?

Assalam aleykoum sisters and brothers.

PS : sorry for my english I am French.

Mohamed_Sadiq
02-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Nabiel I am sure every Muslim has the same feelings of pain and guilt regarding Gaza, but what I don't understand is the governments of some certain Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia and the other wealthy arab countries why are they too scared to help their Muslim brothers and sisters and protect them from the jewish so called state of Israel and why are they giving money and oil to the westerns such as the USA ? If USA and other Kuffar countries are giving support to the fake country Israel why can't the wealthy Arab countries help Palestine military and through other ways.

May Allah protect our Muslim brothers & sisters in Palestine Ameeen

aadil77
02-02-2010, 11:10 PM
^Because they're all puppet regimes, too cowardly to go against their masters

the only thing they can do is turn around and pretend nothings happening

CosmicPathos
02-02-2010, 11:20 PM
I share your guilt that I have not done anything about this. I am lost in my own life and I am thinking about it all now ... it all boils down to our misplaced hierarchy of needs ..... the dreams that we build are mere delusions. We should live like a flower floating on the river and go where ever fate takes it. That being said I am gonna read up in more detail what is Islamically required of me when the followers of Muhammad (saw) are attacked ...

CosmicPathos
02-02-2010, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohamed_Sadiq
Nabiel I am sure every Muslim has the same feelings of pain and guilt regarding Gaza, but what I don't understand is the governments of some certain Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia and the other wealthy arab countries why are they too scared to help their Muslim brothers and sisters and protect them from the jewish so called state of Israel and why are they giving money and oil to the westerns such as the USA ? If USA and other Kuffar countries are giving support to the fake country Israel why can't the wealthy Arab countries help Palestine military and through other ways.

May Allah protect our Muslim brothers & sisters in Palestine Ameeen
I feel pity for these regimes and scholars-4-dollars. With the blessing of oil that Muslim countries have had, if they had an iota of sense and love for Allah, we would well be on our way of creating a unique society dedicated to the discovery of scientific knowledge, Islamic justice and economy by depending on these natural resources. But no, what we rather did? We bought mansions, cars, skyscrapers, fake-islands from that money, skinnier and tighter clothes, and love for dunya ... Allah gave us a chance to repeat history after the fall of Ottomans in 1924 but we lost it .... Saudi oil reserves will finish up in next few decades. ... and with that, they will go back to their bedouin lifestyle .... unless some Mujadid comes along.

sister herb
02-03-2010, 12:04 PM
One more way to help brothers and sisters in Gaza is support they armed struggle against occupation. As we all know (or even should to know) resistance is legal for people whose are living under occupation (by Geneva Conventions).

If we can´t do anything else for helping them, we can always make dua for they mujaheds.

Supreme
02-03-2010, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
One more way to help brothers and sisters in Gaza is support they armed struggle against occupation. As we all know (or even should to know) resistance is legal for people whose are living under occupation (by Geneva Conventions).

If we can´t do anything else for helping them, we can always make dua for they mujaheds.
I'm all in favour of political progress, not military progress. I can see that if there is a successful peace process perpetuated by both Israelis and Palestinians, it could be like Ireland and Northern Ireland in 10/15 years. Military progress will result in nothing more than a few martydoms but ultimately making life even harder for the Palestinians.

sister herb
02-04-2010, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
I'm all in favour of political progress, not military progress. I can see that if there is a successful peace process perpetuated by both Israelis and Palestinians, it could be like Ireland and Northern Ireland in 10/15 years. Military progress will result in nothing more than a few martydoms but ultimately making life even harder for the Palestinians.
That is real nice idea if both parties really would like to make peace and live together in peace. Unfortunately hard line zionists don´t want to live peace, not with Palestinians neither with they neighbor countries. Palestinians have negotiated with zionists for decades and are still at point zero. Why? Zionist confiscate all the time more and more land from Palestinians and create they illegal settlements and take lands of Palestinians to "closed military areas" in the West Bank.

Answer is very simple: zionists don´t want peace. They want Palestine without Palestinians and show they western supporters that they are ready to negotiate.

Political process is very good for zionists: by that they ensure that there will never been any kind of state of Palestine as any Palestinians haven´t any way to live on they tiny ghettos ´what zionists have left them.

skatteress
02-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Rember the eople of gaza in your dua!

sister herb
02-04-2010, 11:33 PM
This is last step by zionists "peace process":

Settlers Occupy a Palestinian Mountain In Nablus
Thursday February 04, 2010 13:50 by Saed Bannoura - IMEMC & Agencies

A group of right-wing, armed, Israeli settlers occupied a 500-Dunam Palestinian mountain south of Nablus city, in the northern part of the West Bank.
The settlers intend to create a new illegal settlement outpost on top of the Palestinian mountain.

Ghassan Dughlus, the official in charge of the file onsettlement in the West Bank, stated that the settlers illegally occupied the mountain and installed four mobile homes.

Douglas added that the settlers are trying to create an illegal outpost in an attempt to create the first basis for a new illegal Israeli settlement in the area.

Nablus, known for its mountains, became surrounded by illegal settlements and outposts that are largely installed on mountain tops.

- 1 Dunam is 0.247 Acres.

http://www.imemc.org/index.php?obj_id=53&story_id=57868

Italianguy
02-05-2010, 02:02 AM
I don't see how peace talks are going to do anything but stall the inevitable? Palestine wan'ts all of the same land that the Isreali's already inhabit. Both won't leave. Both think they are the rightful owners, both will stop at nothing to get what they wan't. I can't agree with all that Isreal's government is doing all the time, but Palestinian leaders aren't doing better either. See...neither side want's a peacefull coexistance...they wan't the land. So peace talks are always just moot points.

I hate to see this happening though. So much needless death, so many brothers and sisters fighting over land that most of them have forgotten the meaning of that place. imsad

I would love to say I support Palestine...and I do to a certain extent...but i wouldn't be Christian if i wasn't supporting Isreal, and God's chosen people.(Well...according to our Bible).

Peace in the Middle East:D

syilla
02-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Salams...

I think the only way is to build strong Ummah. Change ourselves, give naseehah...and show that Islam is the only way to make us stronger and be the 'best' man. Lets hope that in that strong ummah...a leader a khalifah will lead and help the oppressed muslims :(.

north_malaysian
02-05-2010, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
We can help them if Hosni Mobarak open the border.
the problem with the Muslim nations is that the people think differently from their leaders..... to all Egyptians, i am sorry to say this ..... "I hate Hosni Mubarak":raging:

sabr*
02-05-2010, 03:24 AM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Muslims understanding the history of Gaza is very important in helping the Palestinian People.

Gaza History!

Gaza (Arabic: غزة‎ ; also referred to as Gaza City) is a Palestinian city in the Gaza Strip, with a population of about 410,000, making it the largest city in the Palestinian Territories.

Gaza's history of habitation dates back 5,000 years, making it one of the oldest cities in the world. Located on the Mediterranean coastal route between North Africa and the Levant, for most of its history it served as a key entrepot of southern Palestine and an important stopover on the spice trade route traversing the Red Sea.

Inhabited since at least the 15th century BC, Gaza has been dominated by several different people and empires throughout its history. The Philistines made it a part of their pentapolis after the Ancient Egyptians had ruled it for nearly 350 years. Under the Romans and later the Byzantines, Gaza experienced relative peace and its port flourished. In 635 AD, it became the first city in Palestine to be conquered by the Rashidun army and quickly developed into a center of Islamic law. However, by the time the Crusaders (Christian Europe, Attempting to regain control over Holy Lands which Muslims controlled ) invaded the city, it was in ruins. In later centuries, Gaza experienced several hardships - from Mongol raids to floods and locusts, reducing it to a village by the 16th century when it was incorporated into the Ottoman Empire. During the first half of Ottoman rule, the Ridwan dynasty controlled Gaza and under them the city went through an age of great commerce and peace.

Gaza fell to British forces during World War I, becoming a part of the British Mandate of Palestine. As a result of the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, Egypt administered the newly-formed Gaza Strip territory and several improvements were undertaken in the city. Gaza was captured by Israel in the Six-Day War in 1967, but in 1993, the city was transferred to the Palestinian National Authority. Hamas took over the city in 2007 after months of clashes with its rival Fatah, and since then Gaza has been under a blockade by Egypt and Israel.

The primary economic activities of Gaza are small-scale industries, agriculture and labor. However, the economy has been devastated by the blockade and recurring conflicts. Most of Gaza's inhabitants adhere to Islam, although there exists a Christian minority. Gaza has a very young population with roughly 75% being under the age of 25, and today the city has one of the highest population densities in the world—refugees make up over half of the residents.
__________________________________________________ ______
While leading the Allied Forces during World War I, the British won control of the city during the Third Battle of Gaza in 1917.

After the war, Gaza was included in the British Mandate of Palestine.

In the 1930s and 1940s, Gaza underwent major expansion. New neighborhoods were built along the coast and the southern and eastern plains. International organizations and missionary groups funded most of this construction.

In the 1947 United Nations Partition Plan, Gaza was assigned to an Arab state but was later occupied by Egypt following the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. Gaza's growing population was augmented by an influx of refugees fleeing nearby cities, towns and villages that were captured by Israel. In 1957, Egyptian president Gamal Abdel Nasser made a number of reforms in Gaza, which included expanding educational opportunities and the civil services, providing housing, and establishing local security forces.

Gaza was occupied by Israel during the 1967 Six Day War following the defeat of the Egyptian Army. Frequent conflicts have erupted between Palestinians and the Israeli authorities in the city since the 1970s. The tensions lead to the First Intifada in 1987. Gaza was a center of confrontation during this uprising, and economic conditions in the city worsened.

In September 1993, leaders of Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) signed the Oslo Accords. The agreement called for Palestinian administration of the Gaza Strip and the West Bank town of Jericho, which was implemented in May 1994. Israeli forces withdrew from Gaza, leaving a new Palestinian National Authority (PNA) to administer and police the city.

The PNA, led by Yasser Arafat, chose Gaza as its first provincial headquarters. The newly-established Palestinian National Council held its inaugural session in Gaza in March 1996.
Palestinians in a Gaza neighborhood during the 2008-2009 Israel-Gaza Conflict (Source: Al Jazeera English)

Since the Palestinian organization Hamas won a surprise victory in the Palestinian elections of 2006, it has been engaged in a violent power struggle with its rival Palestinian organization Fatah. In 2007, Hamas overthrew Fatah forces in the Gaza Strip and Hamas members were dismissed from the PNA government in the West Bank in response. Currently, Hamas has de facto control of the city and Strip.

In March 2008, a coalition of human rights groups charged that the Israeli blockade of the city had caused the humanitarian situation in Gaza to have reached its worst point since Israel occupied the territory in the 1967 Six-Day War, and that Israeli air strikes targeting militants in the densely populated areas have often killed bystanders as well.

In 2008, Israel commenced an assault against Gaza. Israel stated the strikes were in response to repetitive rocket and mortar attacks from the Gaza Strip into Israel since 2005, while the Palestinians stated that they were responding to Israel's military excursions and blockade of the Gaza Strip. In January 2009, Palestinian sources stated that at least 1,300 Palestinians were killed in the conflict. Later, an official IF (Israeli Forces) investigation found that 1,166 Palestinians were killed, 709 of which were identified as Hamas terror operatives. 162 of them could not be identified, and 295 were confirmed as civilians. In addition, 4,000 buildings have been destroyed and 20,000 damaged throughout the Gaza Strip

sources: Al Jazeera English, Wikipedia

sabr*
02-05-2010, 04:03 AM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Our Palestinian sisters and brothers are living in Squaller while leadership has enjoyed the best accommodations throughout the years and have been derelict in representing their interests. The missed opportunities to create a Palestinian State have gone and passed. It seemed at times intentional obstacles by those claiming to represent them. The countless political organizations and governments who conveniently use the rally call to the Ummah to assist the Palestinian People to only further their own agenda. All talk and no action. The conditions only get worst while the people are being exploited and suffering.

The dysfunctional leadership that represent Muslim dominated countries continues unchallenged but the leadership of Non Muslim countries appears the first priority for criticism. The Ummah needs to first concentrate on replacing the Developed Countries stooges in our own countries who receive Financial Aid packages, Military Hardware, and have been documented to be on the payroll of CIA, etc.

I expect the criticism from those deeply entrenched in the Cultural and tribal allegiances. My allegiance is to Allah and the practicing Muslims seeking to implement Allah's laws and not man made tribalism and culture.

The Muslims not blinded lets post links that will assist our Palestinian sisters and brothers. Action! Action! Action!

No more rhetoric!

A organization not currently classified by the Zionist and friends to be a terrorist organization or supporting what they classify as terrorism.

We give our assistance to the Gaza Emergency Appeal on Islamiccity.com

Woodrow
02-05-2010, 01:20 PM
I just realized the biggest insult. On the maps and listing of countries, there is no Palestine anymore.

Gaza and The West Bank are shown as being districts of Israel. Sort of like states or counties, but not as a country. The Gaza Strip and The West Bank are still shown on SOME world maps, but there is no recognized country of Palestine.

I realize this is not new information, but it just sunk into me that Palestine is evaporating under the eyes of the world and to most of the world nations this is not seen as a conflict between 2 nations, but as an Israeli Civil war.

The final insult, technically in international view there are no Palestinians, they are considered Israeli citizens living in the districts of Gaza and The West Bank. a few listings recognize Palestine, but as a territory of Israel.

Here is a listing of the internationally recognized Sovereign Nations. although this listing is from wiki,I'm using the link to wiki as it seems to be the easiest to read, the listing from other sources are the same except a few list Palestine as a territory (A TERRITORY OF ISRAEL)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states

To show the reality of what happened. The people of Gaza pay their taxes to Israel. Products from Gaza are considered "MADE IN ISRAEL"

The tax system: Relying on the arrangements made in the Paris Agreement (1994) between Israel and the Palestinian Authority, Israel continues to control most elements of the taxation system of the Gaza Strip: Israel is responsible for setting the VAT and customs rates on goods intended for consumption in the Gaza Strip, collecting these taxes for the Palestinian Authority, and transferring the tax monies to the Palestinian Authority each month. These powers enable Israel to punish the Palestinian Authority by stopping the transfer of the tax revenues to the Palestinian Authority, which impairs the PA's ability to carry out basic functions of government such as paying salaries and providing humanitarian assistance. Israel also controls the granting of exemptions from customs and VAT to non-profit humanitarian-aid organizations for products and equipment donated to them from abroad. This power is extremely significant: if not granted the exemption, an organization would have to pay the taxes that the importer would have to pay when the goods enter the Gaza Strip at one of the crossing points controlled by Israel
see below for source:

If you cry easy do not click on this next link, when the impact sinks in, only a person with a cold, hard heart could keep from shedding a tear.

http://www.btselem.org/english/gaza_...aza_status.asp

Supreme
02-05-2010, 05:02 PM
That is real nice idea if both parties really would like to make peace and live together in peace. Unfortunately hard line zionists don´t want to live peace, not with Palestinians neither with they neighbor countries. Palestinians have negotiated with zionists for decades and are still at point zero. Why? Zionist confiscate all the time more and more land from Palestinians and create they illegal settlements and take lands of Palestinians to "closed military areas" in the West Bank.

Answer is very simple: zionists don´t want peace. They want Palestine without Palestinians and show they western supporters that they are ready to negotiate.

Political process is very good for zionists: by that they ensure that there will never been any kind of state of Palestine as any Palestinians haven´t any way to live on they tiny ghettos ´what zionists have left them.
I agree that it is Israel, not Palestine, that perpetuates violence. Israel is unrelentlessly taking Palestinian land, especially in East Jerusalem. That has to stop. The Holy Land that both sides are fighting over is immensely sacred. As a matter of fact, its sacredness cannot be put into words. This is an issue that continues to prove itself incapable of being fixed, and if they don't sort it out soon, I fear many holy sites, especially sacred Christian sites in and around the land, may be destroyed, in addition to the tragic loss of life. That is why I'm a firm advocate for a swift two state solution.

I would love to say I support Palestine...and I do to a certain extent...but i wouldn't be Christian if i wasn't supporting Isreal, and God's chosen people.(Well...according to our Bible).

You do not necessarily have to be a Zionist to be a Christian. And many far right Jewish factions reject the idea that Israel in its present form is for God's chosen people. As far as they're concerned, Israel is a man made secular state without a temple as opposed to the God endorsed, Jewish law abising nation with a temple they imagine. Also, around 10% of Palestinians are Christian, with many Christian holy sites in Arab hands.

You do not have to be a Zionist. I'm neither a Zionist or an anti Zionist, my views on the matter are completely neutral. As far as I'm concerned, both sides have legitimate claims to the land, they just to respect the boundaries of each other's nations, and stop the killing and hatred.

sabr*
02-05-2010, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Peace in the Middle East:D
Italianguy:

What prevents anyone from becoming one of the chosen people? If it only requires converting to Judaism? The original majority are converted Jews from Europe.

Lookup the Falasha Jews from Ethiopia. (Not converted)

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...sm/ejhist.html

Italianguy
02-05-2010, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr62

Italianguy:

What prevents anyone from becoming one of the chosen people? If it only requires converting to Judaism? The original majority are converted Jews from Europe.

Lookup the Falasha Jews from Ethiopia. (Not converted)

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...sm/ejhist.html
The Isrealites are the chosen people, the Israeli's of today......not so muchimsad

sabr*
02-06-2010, 02:07 AM
The Isrealites are the chosen people, the Israeli's of today......not so muchimsad
Peace to you Italianguy:

That makes your earlier quote confusing if you realize that Israelis occupy that terriotory and not the Isrealites.

sister herb
02-06-2010, 04:07 AM
Italianguy:

we are not talking here about Israelis but zionists. Even many jews and "Israelis" condemn they political ideology and say they are against jewism.

Zionists rabbis are those whose give kind of statements:

West Bank rabbi: Jews can kill Gentiles who threaten Israel
Haaretz

November 9, 2009

Just weeks after the arrest of alleged Jewish terrorist, Yaakov Teitel, a West Bank rabbi on Monday released a book giving Jews permission to kill Gentiles who threaten Israel.

Rabbi Yitzhak Shapiro, who heads the Od Yosef Chai Yeshiva in the Yitzhar settlement, wrote in his book "The King's Torah" that even babies and children can be killed if they pose a threat to the nation.

Shapiro based the majority of his teachings on passages quoted from the Bible, to which he adds his opinions and beliefs.

"It is permissable to kill the Righteous among Nations even if they are not responsible for the threatening situation," he wrote, adding: "If we kill a Gentile who has sinned or has violated one of the seven commandments - because we care about the commandments - there is nothing wrong with the murder."

Several prominent rabbis, including Rabbi Yithak Ginzburg and Rabbi Yaakov Yosef, have recommended the book to their students and followers.

http://www.uruknet.info/index.php?p=...hd=&size=1&l=e

Italianguy
02-06-2010, 04:15 AM
Italianguy:

we are not talking here about Israelis but zionists. Even many jews and "Israelis" condemn they political ideology and say they are against jewism.

Zionists rabbis are those whose give kind of statements:

West Bank rabbi: Jews can kill Gentiles who threaten Israel
Haaretz

November 9, 2009

Just weeks after the arrest of alleged Jewish terrorist, Yaakov Teitel, a West Bank rabbi on Monday released a book giving Jews permission to kill Gentiles who threaten Israel.

Rabbi Yitzhak Shapiro, who heads the Od Yosef Chai Yeshiva in the Yitzhar settlement, wrote in his book "The King's Torah" that even babies and children can be killed if they pose a threat to the nation.

Shapiro based the majority of his teachings on passages quoted from the Bible, to which he adds his opinions and beliefs.

"It is permissable to kill the Righteous among Nations even if they are not responsible for the threatening situation," he wrote, adding: "If we kill a Gentile who has sinned or has violated one of the seven commandments - because we care about the commandments - there is nothing wrong with the murder."

Several prominent rabbis, including Rabbi Yithak Ginzburg and Rabbi Yaakov Yosef, have recommended the book to their students and followers.

http://www.uruknet.info/index.php?p=...hd=&size=1&l=e
yikes! They want to kill me too? I am a gentile. They forgot 3 comandments as well:hmm:

They wouldn't like me either way.....if they found out my bloodline is Roman....And i have a touch of Palestinian blood in me..oops did i say that out loud

sister herb
02-06-2010, 04:51 AM
yikes! They want to kill me too? I am a gentile. They forgot 3 comandments as well:hmm:

They wouldn't like me either way.....if they found out my bloodline is Roman....And i have a touch of Palestinian blood in me..oops did i say that out loud
Zionists, not jews nor Israelis.

I remember when Roman Pope made some strange comments about islam, in Palestine some far right argonists tried to burn holy places of christians, first whose volunteed to protect they were muslims.

:statisfie

We are not enemies.

Italianguy
02-06-2010, 04:57 AM
Zionists, not jews nor Israelis.

I remember when Roman Pope made some strange comments about islam, in Palestine some far right argonists tried to burn holy places of christians, first whose volunteed to protect they were muslims.

We are not enemies.
I am nobody's enemy:D .........except spiders:phew

I have a hard time with the Arab/ Isreali conflict. I am supposed to support the "other side" (Isreal) but.........that touch of Palestinian blood in me ....does something to me...my heart bleeds for Palestine:cry:...........i can't believe I just admitted that:embarrass

Woodrow
02-06-2010, 05:21 AM
I am nobody's enemy:D .........except spiders:phew

I have a hard time with the Arab/ Isreali conflict. I am supposed to support the "other side" (Isreal) but.........that touch of Palestinian blood in me ....does something to me...my heart bleeds for Palestine:cry:...........i can't believe I just admitted that:embarrass
anybody who learns what is happening in Gaza will feel their heart torn to shreds.

sister herb
02-06-2010, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
anybody who learns what is happening in Gaza will feel their heart torn to shreds.
:exhausted

Me too. But I don´t stop to this feeling. I am creating organization for helping people in Gaza by they basic needs.

It is as drop of the sea. But just enough drops make the sea.

Italianguy
02-06-2010, 05:31 AM
I have ben taught not to hate anyone for any reason but to support veiws that I may not agree with.

For some time now I have been studying the right-of-return, the green line, resolution 242, the seperation wall, Anti-semetism, the two-state solution, phased strategy, The Road map, as well as Fatah, Force 17, Hamas, Hezbollah, the PLO, Tanzim and the Oslo agreement.

I's allot to take in, in such a short amount of time. I usually do not discuss my veiws on this subject. It is touchy in my family. Most in my family keep quite about our Palestinian (or Arab) blood. I only learn very small amounts at a time. I have to strategically plan my questions at the right time. ...I don't know....i will prob just keep my mouth shutimsad

I can't let my wife see this anyway, she's always afraid i will convert.

sister herb
02-06-2010, 05:53 AM
I have ben taught not to hate anyone for any reason but to support veiws that I may not agree with.

For some time now I have been studying the right-of-return, the green line, resolution 242, the seperation wall, Anti-semetism, the two-state solution, phased strategy, The Road map, as well as Fatah, Force 17, Hamas, Hezbollah, the PLO, Tanzim and the Oslo agreement.

I's allot to take in, in such a short amount of time. I usually do not discuss my veiws on this subject. It is touchy in my family. Most in my family keep quite about our Palestinian (or Arab) blood. I only learn very small amounts at a time. I have to strategically plan my questions at the right time. ...I don't know....i will prob just keep my mouth shutimsad

I can't let my wife see this anyway, she's always afraid i will convert.

I know how hard it is to read everything and know everything. I have read also all Geneva Conventions by English even its not my mother language and also Basic Laws of Palestine, Oslo Agreements etc.

p.s. I know very well what is Force 17

Italianguy
02-06-2010, 05:58 AM

I know how hard it is to read everything and know everything. I have read also all Geneva Conventions by English even its not my mother language and also Basic Laws of Palestine, Oslo Agreements etc.

p.s. I know very well what is Force 17
Yeah, things aren't going great over there on either sideimsad

I feel yoked by both sides....but like i said....i just keep my mouth shutimsad My oppinion doesn't matter anyway.

sister herb
02-06-2010, 06:09 AM
Yeah, things aren't going great over there on either sideimsad

I feel yoked by both sides....but like i said....i just keep my mouth shutimsad My oppinion doesn't matter anyway.
We hope things are going great at Palestian side as now in Gaza all parties are talking about national agreement, Hamas, Fatah, Islamic Jihad, PFLP etc.

May Allah help them agree that they have just one enemy. Not they brothers.

Occupation.

Woodrow
02-06-2010, 06:11 AM

Me too. But I don´t stop to this feeling. I am creating organization for helping people in Gaza by they basic needs.

It is as drop of the sea. But just enough drops make the sea.

we had a very active group in Austin, when I lived there. The Palestine Children's Welfare Fund. Our last effort ended tragically. We sent a very large supply of over the counter medicines, blankets, clothing and school supplies to Gaza, but Israel customs would not release the shipment and it is still is custom storage. It was over 50 tons of much needed items. Shortly after the shipment was blocked the founder of the PCWF founder Riad Hamad was found dead in Lady Bird lake in Austin. His hands and feet were tied and he was wrapped in duct tape, but the Police ruled it a suicide. Later the organization was accused of filtering money to Hamas and was shut down, even though we had a state approved CPA keeping track of every penny collected and where it went. The organization was finally cleared of any wrong doings and a close friend of Bro Riad is now trying to restart the organization.

Italianguy
02-06-2010, 06:12 AM
We hope things are going great at Palestian side as now in Gaza all parties are talking about national agreement, Hamas, Fatah, Islamic Jihad, PFLP etc.

May Allah help them agree that they have just one enemy. Not they brothers.

Occupation.
I was going to say something but....

God be with you sis:D You have a good heart. Allah favors you.

Italianguy
02-06-2010, 06:14 AM
we had a very active group in Austin, when I lived there. The Palestine Children's Welfare Fund. Our last effort ended tragically. We sent a very large supply of over the counter medicines, blankets, clothing and school supplies to Gaza, but Israel customs would not release the shipment and it is still is custom storage. It was over 50 tons of much needed items. Shortly after the shipment was blocked the founder of the PCWF founder Riad Hamad was found dead in Lady Bird lake in Austin. His hands and feet were tied and he was wrapped in duct tape, but the Police ruled it a suicide. Later the organization was accused of filtering money to Hamas and was shut down, even though we had a state approved CPA keeping track of every penny collected and where it went. The organization was finally cleared of any wrong doings and a close friend of Bro Riad is now trying to restart the organization.
Sorry to hear about the brother....How can you tie your own feet and hands and be duct taped and be considered suicide? Unless he was very tallented

sister herb
02-06-2010, 06:16 AM
:phew

Thanks about warning brother.

Woodrow
02-06-2010, 06:33 AM
:phew

Thanks about warning brother.
while most of most of the key members of PCWF were Palestinians we had a very large number of Jews in Austin active in helping. Every year we sent a delegation of Jews to protest against the Zionist treatment of the Palestinians. Sadly our Palestinians could not go. Palestinians are not allowed back into Israel and to get to either Gaza or the West Bank they have to pass through Israel Customs.

I just found some old articles about my friend Riad.

http://www.opensubscriber.com/messag...m/8712911.html

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrob...oid=oid:621848

http://www.scribd.com/doc/16563887/P...-of-Riad-Hamad

sister herb
02-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Actually we have started our organization already. We are not send tons of blankets as we know it is not working. Just one blanket goes over custom or one pairs of rubber boots.

It is just only as drop but sooner or later here are a lot of drops.

Drops make the sea.

Woodrow
02-06-2010, 07:20 AM
Actually we have started our organization already. We are not send tons of blankets as we know it is not working. Just one blanket goes over custom or one pairs of rubber boots.

It is just only as drop but sooner or later here are a lot of drops.

Drops make the sea.

sister it is far better to have one blanket successfully get to one Palestinian than to have tons of them stuck in a customs warehouse. Perhaps small individual donations can work were massive efforts failed.

Afg
02-06-2010, 08:18 AM
:sl: I can't believe how bad this is getting to the point Palestine is no longer in the map. And I can't tell you how much my hatred is for this israel. When I think of children, and acid burning their bodies. When I think about parents being killed, when I think about innocent people are begin shot and when I think there is not much we can do because israel is controlling most of America. And then our leaders are useless, it is very disgusting that they are paving the way for israelis to take more land and not doing anything.They are just being blind to this. They have one very powerful weapon and that is our unity of the ummah. But they are selfish, don't want to work together or is it another trick of israel struggling to divide us.

Any body who is saying that the way to live side by side, they don't know what they are talking about. Israel keeps on taking more land, and some poeple talk about living side by side? These terrorists love to see our blood spilled, they love to kill us. We are foolish to support them, and I tell you now that I don't recognize israel. It is Palestine and will always be.

Imagine if our ummah is united, then we can have a huge Muslim army and we can work together. But first we need a centre for that. So that we can be organized and can work from there. And we should not be jealous nor let our hearts be filled with hatred, because that is going to be just another enemy which will divide us. So it is love for the Ummah, for the brothers and sisters. And most important, for the sake of Allah.

And what we also need is intelligence. So to get ourselves educated InshaAllah and help our ummah.

And then InshaAllah no one can talk about harming our brothers or sisters, because we will always have our ummah by our side, and we'll be stronger than ever.

InshaAllah Ammen. And please make lots of du'a, please for God hears all. Make it in the hours of the night, InshaAllah, make it when you can.

Samiun
02-07-2010, 12:31 AM
I was going to say something but....

God be with you sis:D You have a good heart. Allah favors you.
Hey Italianguy, is there any Christian Ranks(Yes I don't really know what it means, Ie: Baptist etc2) that believes in only 1 god?

I can't believe how bad this is getting to the point Palestine is no longer in the map. And I can't tell you how much my hatred is for this israel. When I think of children, and acid burning their bodies. When I think about parents being killed, when I think about innocent people are begin shot and when I think there is not much we can do because israel is controlling most of America. And then our leaders are useless, it is very disgusting that they are paving the way for israelis to take more land and not doing anything.They are just being blind to this. They have one very powerful weapon and that is our unity of the ummah. But they are selfish, don't want to work together or is it another trick of israel struggling to divide us.

Any body who is saying that the way to live side by side, they don't know what they are talking about. Israel keeps on taking more land, and some poeple talk about living side by side? These terrorists love to see our blood spilled, they love to kill us. We are foolish to support them, and I tell you now that I don't recognize israel. It is Palestine and will always be.

Imagine if our ummah is united, then we can have a huge Muslim army and we can work together. But first we need a centre for that. So that we can be organized and can work from there. And we should not be jealous nor let our hearts be filled with hatred, because that is going to be just another enemy which will divide us. So it is love for the Ummah, for the brothers and sisters. And most important, for the sake of Allah.

And what we also need is intelligence. So to get ourselves educated InshaAllah and help our ummah.

And then InshaAllah no one can talk about harming our brothers or sisters, because we will always have our ummah by our side, and we'll be stronger than ever.

InshaAllah Ammen. And please make lots of du'a, please for God hears all. Make it in the hours of the night, InshaAllah, make it when you can.
There was a hadith from Prophet SAW stating that the muslims population will increase but unity is divided, does anyone have that hadeeth in store?

Supreme
02-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Is it true that in Gaza, fisherman can only fish within 5km of the coast? What an awful restriction Israel has imposed.

Woodrow
02-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Is it true that in Gaza, fisherman can only fish within 5km of the coast? What an awful restriction Israel has imposed.
It is generous of Israel allows them to fish within 5km (approx 3 miles) since the Oslo accord only granted them 20 miles. The Israeli Navy is also gracious enough to help guide Palestinian Fishermen to the best fishing areas.

Israeli naval abductions and shooting at Palestinian fishermen: it’s routine

GAZA CITY, Jul 1 (IPS) – “They told us ‘go west or we will shoot you’,” says Ashraf Sadallah. “Initially, we refused, so they began shooting very close all around our boat.”

At 6am on Jun. 16, Sadallah and his brother Abdel Hadi Sadallah, in their early twenties, went roughly 400 metres out to sea off the coast of Sudaniya in Gaza’s northwest. “We wanted to bring in nets we had left out the night before,” says Sadallah.

Their small fishing boat, known as a hassaka, was in Palestinian fishing waters when three Israeli navy boats approached the brothers.

“After they opened fire on us, we paddled about three kilometres west where a larger Israeli gunboat was waiting. When we were about 30 metres from the gunboat, Israeli soldiers ordered us to take off our clothes, jump into the water, and swim towards them.”

The gunboat, Sadallah said, moved half a kilometre away after the two fishermen had jumped into the water. “We swam for about 15 minutes to reach it,” he said. “Then they took us aboard and handcuffed and blindfolded us.” In illegal detention later in Israel’s Ashdod port, the two were interrogated, but not charged. They were released at the Erez crossing more than 14 hours after their abduction.
SOURCE: http://ingaza.wordpress.com/2009/07/...n-its-routine/

Italianguy
02-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Hey Italianguy, is there any Christian Ranks(Yes I don't really know what it means, Ie: Baptist etc2) that believes in only 1 god?

There was a hadith from Prophet SAW stating that the muslims population will increase but unity is divided, does anyone have that hadeeth in store?
All Christians believe in one God my friend, A triune God. Have you ever heard of the Holy Trinity?

God be with you friend:D

sister herb
02-08-2010, 07:20 AM
This happened just yesterday to fishermen in Gaza:

IOF soldiers detain four Palestinian fishermen at sea

[ 07/02/2010 - 11:37 AM ]

GAZA, (PIC)-- Israeli occupation forces (IOF) aboard navy gunboats on Sunday arrested four Palestinian fishermen off the northern Gaza Strip coast and towed their boats to Israeli shore.

Palestinian security sources said that the Israeli gunboats encircled the two fishing boats and forced them to head to the Israeli coast.

Israeli navy boats block Palestinian fishing more than three nautical miles off Gaza at the pretext of fighting smuggling via sea route into the Strip.

Source: http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/en/d...NIAXRlkYWt0%3d

Mujahideen92
02-09-2010, 01:00 AM
I feel your pain brother. Quite honestly sometimes its too much and i feel depressed. But reading Quran always makes me feel better. The people in Gaza will have their reward, and the evil people behind their suffering will have their punishment

Froggy
02-09-2010, 08:28 PM
It is generous of Israel allows them to fish within 5km (approx 3 miles) since the Oslo accord only granted them 20 miles. The Israeli Navy is also gracious enough to help guide Palestinian Fishermen to the best fishing areas.
I agree, it's bad out there for the Palestinians, however Israel is not acting under Oslo accords nor is it not bound by it. All regulations imposed by Israel on the Gaza strip are a product of Israel considering the leading party in the territory a terrorist organization who fight against its very existence and peoplehood and has been bombing the south for 8 consecutive years. Of course the cause for all this may lie in Jewish state itself but as a country, Israel feels it has the right defend itself.

Froggy
02-09-2010, 08:38 PM
It's always horrible to watch human suffering, no matter what side it comes from and no matter how disproportionate it is. My sentiment is, and I mean to cause no offense on this Islamic forum, is that situation grew worse with Islamic movements gaining more power. Palestinian resistance was mostly secular or socialist for most of the time and in my opinion more pragmatic nowadays. Islamists will never giver up land that was once Islamic, every peace treaty can only be temporary untill one reaches enough power to get more. And how do you expect Israel to treat a party that in its founding statute calls for its destruction.
Seculars and socialists were more pragmatic I guess and peace appeared much closer in the past than it does today. There were n checkpoints, Palestinians worked in Israel, no wall etc.
This is my sentiment, perhaps I'm completely wrong and it's the Israelis that have been blocking the peace deals and use everything for an excuse to gain more land.
I know a couple of Israelis, all of them strongly disapprove of settling the west bank, all support the 2-state solution, strikingly, some even by 1947 borders, but they've all grown incredibly cynical and don't believe they will ever reach peace with the Palestinians. An average Israeli feels they've offered so much yet every single time Palestinians either backed of or tricked them.
I don't know Palestinians and I am sure their view is entirely different.

Supreme
02-09-2010, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Froggy
I agree, it's bad out there for the Palestinians, however Israel is not acting under Oslo accords nor is it not bound by it. All regulations imposed by Israel on the Gaza strip are a product of Israel considering the leading party in the territory a terrorist organization who fight against its very existence and peoplehood and has been bombing the south for 8 consecutive years. Of course the cause for all this may lie in Jewish state itself but as a country, Israel feels it has the right defend itself.

...On the contrary, one could argue that Israel itself is the terrorist. Now don't get me wrong, I think the Palestinians and the Israelis both have legitimate claims to the land, and both sides have acted abhorrently. Israeli attacks on Palestinians have far higher casualties than Hamas attacks on Israelis, although this is more likely down to Israel having the means to attack more people.

In addition, it is Israel, not Palestine, that is the party delaying peace talks. Jewish settlements on Arab land are thoroughly wrong, and even if they're not illegal in Israel's eyes, they are incredibly immoral.

Froggy
02-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Settlements are terribly wrong and I believe the opposition supports dismantling them for peace, certain governmental parties want to exchange lands and the current government agreed to halt construction, after a long while however.
But take Gaza alone. Israel destroyed all of its settlements and disengaded from the strip in 2005, hoping it will bring peace and an end to rocket firing, yet things have only gotten worse. That's why Israelis have become cynical.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.