/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadeeths?

Italianguy
02-03-2010, 03:06 AM
I am not sure if I am spelling it correctly. (Hadiths or Hadeeths)

I was wondering if the Hadiths are found in the Qur'an or are they seperate in book form?

What is the content of the Hadeeths, and how do they relate to the Qur'an. Or do they relate to the Qur'an?

Who is the author of the Hadeeths, and when was it/they written?

And where can I get a copy? I was told that I can aquire a free copy of the Qur'an, but i don't want to do that(i think it would be unfair of me to do so, when someone looking into Islam needs the free copy more than I)

I am willing to buy, a copy of the Hadeeths, can someone provide a link t an approved site for purchase.

Sorry so many questionsimsad

God be with you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
02-03-2010, 03:12 AM
Hadeeths are like encyclopedia... alot and thick too... :D Are you sure you want to read all the hadeeths? I think if you want to learn about a hadith you it is better to learn in a good college or unis.

For now...maybe you want to know the origin of the hadeeth first ?

CosmicPathos
02-03-2010, 03:15 AM
Hadeeth are the sayings of the Prophet pbuh. They were written during the time of Prophet. And memorized as well. They were given a book form about 100 years later after the death of prophet pbuh. And Muslim scholars developed hadith sciences to rule figure out which hadith are true and which are fabricated.

Hadith complement the Quranic knowledge and fulfill Islamic religion. Hadith have two parts, list of narrators and the actual text. Bible is very much like hadith but the difference is that bible has no chain of narrators. Basically, saying of people who met disciples of Jesus, or supposedly. In the same way Hadith are narrated by people who heard it from someone who heard it from Prophet.

Italianguy
02-03-2010, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
Hadeeth are the sayings of the Prophet pbuh. They were written during the time of Prophet. And memorized as well. They were given a book form about 100 years later after the death of prophet pbuh. And Muslim scholars developed hadith sciences to rule figure out which hadith are true and which are fabricated.

Hadith complement the Quranic knowledge and fulfill Islamic religion. Hadith have two parts, list of narrators and the actual text. Bible is very much like hadith but the difference is that bible has no chain of narrators. Basically, saying of people who met disciples of Jesus, or supposedly. In the same way Hadith are narrated by people who heard it from someone who heard it from Prophet.
Oh wow, ok, Are the Hadiths in addition too,, or a part of the Qur'an?

I am assuming I can find this with English translation? I have a copy of the Qur'an already and I just discovered now that the Hadiths are seperate. I didn't se a copy of it at Barnes & Nobles, so i guess I will have to order one. I don't want to get the wrong one though, who prints a copy of the Hadiths that is true?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
02-03-2010, 04:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Hadeeths are like encyclopedia... alot and thick too... :D Are you sure you want to read all the hadeeths? I think if you want to learn about a hadith you it is better to learn in a good college or unis.

For now...maybe you want to know the origin of the hadeeth first ?
Actualy I would like to get a copy. I read allot:D I got a copy of the Qur'an as a part of a study i took part in at the Christian university i attend now. Reading the Hadiths would be a great learning tool for me.

Beardo
02-03-2010, 04:26 AM
Here's a simple response to what a Hadith is.

The literal Arabic meaning for Hadith is: to speak.

However, Hadith, in the context you speak of, is different.

Hadith are the Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah Ta'ala be upon him)'s actions, words, or observations.

I hope that answers your questions. I also hope you are asking with a sincere intention to learn the truth. I'm not going to try to implant within you any viewpoint. Whatever I have mentioned above are the mere facts.

May Allah Ta'ala guide us all to the true path. Ameen.

Italianguy
02-03-2010, 04:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Here's a simple response to what a Hadith is.

The literal Arabic meaning for Hadith is: to speak.

However, Hadith, in the context you speak of, is different.

Hadith are the Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah Ta'ala be upon him)'s actions, words, or observations.

I hope that answers your questions. I also hope you are asking with a sincere intention to learn the truth. I'm not going to try to implant within you any viewpoint. Whatever I have mentioned above are the mere facts.

May Allah Ta'ala guide us all to the true path. Ameen.
Ok, thanks I think I get it now.

God be with you.

Beardo
02-03-2010, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Ok, thanks I think I get it now.

God be with you.
Likewise. *tips hat*

MSalman
02-09-2010, 09:36 PM
my two cents for you bro Italian:

1 - Ahadith Qudsi - Direct words of Allah related by the Prophet

2 - Ahadith of Prophet (sal-allahu alayhi wa sallam) are divided into two categories: one pertaining to religion and other worldly matters. For more refer to The Definition of the Sunnah of Prophet (sal-allahu alayhi wa salalm). The ahadith pertaining to religious matters are revelation from Allah and the evidence for this is found in numerous ayaat of the Qur'an.

3 - Ahadith of the Salaf (the companions and two generations after them) are known as athaar (narrations).

Italianguy
02-09-2010, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamiclife
my two cents for you bro Italian:

1 - Ahadith Qudsi - Direct words of Allah related by the Prophet

2 - Ahadith of Prophet (sal-allahu alayhi wa sallam) are divided into two categories: one pertaining to religion and other worldly matters. For more refer to The Definition of the Sunnah of Prophet (sal-allahu alayhi wa salalm). The ahadith pertaining to religious matters are revelation from Allah and the evidence for this is found in numerous ayaat of the Qur'an.

3 - Ahadith of the Salaf (the companions and two generations after them) are known as athaar (narrations).
Thats more than 2 cents worth:D Thanks bro!

Lynx
02-10-2010, 06:51 PM
http://www.searchtruth.com/hadith_books.php

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.