/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saudi girl, 13, sentenced to 90 lashes

Humbler_359
02-03-2010, 03:30 AM
While I don't agree with the punishment, saudis are barbarians man? :raging:
She is just 13 year old, these people give Islam a very bad image! !

Saudi girl, 13, sentenced to 90 lashes after she took a mobile phone to school

Brutal: public floggings, such as in this archive picture, are a common punishment handed down by religious courts in Saudi Arabia.

Saudi girl, 13, sentenced to 90 lashes after she took a mobile phone to school
A 13-year-old Saudi schoolgirl is to be given 90 lashes in front of her classmates after she was caught with a mobile camera phone.

The girl, who has not been named, was also sentenced to two months in jail by a court in the eastern city of Jubail.

She had assaulted her headmistress after being caught with the gadget which is banned in girl schools, said Al-Watan, a Saudi newspaper. The kingdom's use of such punishments has been widely condemned by human rights organisations.

Three years ago 16 schoolchildren, aged between 12 and 18, were each sentenced to between 300 and 500 lashes for being aggressive to a teacher.

Under Saudi's Sharia or Islamic law, flogging is mandatory for a number of moral offences such as adultery or being alone in the company of an unrelated person of the opposite sex. But it can also be used at the discretion of judges as an alternative or in addition to other punishments.

Al-Watan said a court in the northeastern Gulf port of Jubail had sentenced the girl to 90 lashes inside her school, followed by two months' detention.

The punishment is harsher than that dished out to some robbers and looters.

Saudi Arabia, a leading US ally in the Middle East, is an absolute monarchy controlled by the Al-Saud ruling tribe, and lacks any legal code.

King Abdullah has promoted some social reforms since taking the throne in 2005 but diplomats say he is held back by religious clerics and princes.

Cinemas and music concerts are banned, while many restaurants and even some shopping centres cater to families only, especially on holidays.

Religious police roam streets to make sure no unrelated men and women mix.

The Saudi court system is exclusively controlled Wahahbi/Salafi clerics, and bans the employment of non-Salafi citizens, especially as judges.

Saudi Arabia is the world's leading country in the use of torture-by-flogging, public beheadings and publically crucifying condemned prisoners.

The country crucified two people in 2009, including one in the capital Riyadh during President Barak Obama’s visit last April.

In September, 20 Saudi teenagers who ransacked shops and restaurants were publicly flogged.

Newspapers reported that the teenagers received at least 30 lashes each in a public square.

Most of the hijackers in the September 11 attacks in 2001 came from Saudi Arabia.

Source

do you accept this lashes?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
02-03-2010, 03:36 AM
this has been discussed before. Can you please stop believing in false gods of news websites and go to Saudi yourself to do investigation? After all, is not that what Prophet pbuh told us to do? Investigate the matter? And what better way to investigate than to visit the country and talk to the authorities.

Good luck.

Dagless
02-03-2010, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
And what better way to investigate than to visit the country and talk to the authorities.

Good luck.
He'll certainly need the luck.

As for the girl; is it possible to survive 90 lashes?

CosmicPathos
02-03-2010, 03:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferown

What do you mean? What is the difference in luck and fate? Hasnt Allah already pre-decreed everything? What do you mean by the Western concept that "he'll need the luck?"

You have lived there yourself? How do you know that he wont get his answers? Surely, he'll get his answers from the racist and Islamophobic dailymail.

"Good luck"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
02-03-2010, 03:46 AM

I was wondering the same thing. I heard that 40 or 50 can kill you or something.

CosmicPathos
02-03-2010, 03:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I was wondering the same thing. I heard that 40 or 50 can kill you or something.
it depends on the force with which the lashes are given. The material used. the pressure it exerts on skin. The type of skin being lashed. the type of person being lashed. his/her physiology. So no. 40 or 50 will not kill everyone.

Humbler_359
02-03-2010, 03:55 AM
^not really hurt 40 or 50 lashes,

"Three years ago 16 schoolchildren, aged between 12 and 18, were each sentenced to between 300 and 500 lashes for being aggressive to a teacher."

"Saudi girl, 13, sentenced to 90 lashes" for bringing cellphone to school?

This should be very concerned.....

Between, what is Wahabbi Scientist?

CosmicPathos
02-03-2010, 04:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
^not really hurt 40 or 50 lashes,

"Three years ago 16 schoolchildren, aged between 12 and 18, were each sentenced to between 300 and 500 lashes for being aggressive to a teacher."

"Saudi girl, 13, sentenced to 90 lashes" for bringing cellphone to school?

This should be very concerned.....

Between, what is Wahabbi Scientist?
Punishing someone for crime is better than giving 11-13 years old the encouragement to continue engaging in sexual activities via sex-education? Dont you think so?

you want that 13 year old to be given a lollipop? As far as I know, the news is not credible.

Humbler_359
02-03-2010, 04:03 AM
More story from Revert Sister experiencing in Saudi Arabia in which I found.

HOW CAN I ERASE THE HATE TOWARDS SAUDIS FROM MY HEART?

I AM AN AMERICAN MUSLIMAH MARRIED TO A MAN FROM SAUDI ARABIA. I AM NOT ACCUSTOMED TO THE WAY OF LIFE IN SAUDI ARABIA, BUT HAVE HEARD MANY DIFFERENT THINGS ABOUT THE PEOPLE AND THEIR CULTURE BEFORE I CAME HERE. I HAVE BEEN HERE GOING ON 7 YEARS AND HAVE STARTED TO UNDERSTAND THE PEOPLE AND THEIR CULTURE WHICH IS NOT TO FAR FROM WHAT I AM ACCUSTOMED TO. I WAS A VERY KIND, CARING AND LOVING PERSON BUT HAVE RECENTLY BECOME TO HATE SAUDI PEOPLE. EVERY WHERE I GO THEY ARE VERY RUDE AND ARROGANT TO NOT JUST ME BUT ALSO OUR CHILDREN, WHO WERE BORN AND RAISED IN AMERICA. MANY YEARS I HAVE IGNORED THE ABUSE THAT I HAVE RECEIVED THE ENTIRE TIME I HAVE BEEN HERE.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT ALL THE PEOPLE ARE BAD BUT TO BE HONEST I FIND THE MAJORITY OF THEM TO BE VERY RUDE AND ARROGANT. MANY TIMES I HEAR THEM TELLING ME AND OTHERS, "THAT WE ARE NOT SAUDIS AND SAUDIS ARE BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD CAUSE THEY ARE TRUE MUSLIMS". I AM SORRY TO SAY BUT THAT IS VERY UNTRUE. I HAVE TRIED MANY TIMES TO GET HELP WITH LEARNING MORE ABOUT ISLAM BUT ALL I GET FROM EVERY PLACE I GO TO, TO EVERY PERSON I TALK WITH IS, SORRY YOUR SLOWING THE GROUP DOWN AND WE CAN NO LONGER HAVE YOU IN OUR CLASS. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE MUSLIMS IN SAUDI THAT THEY DONT REALIZE THE REWARDS THEY WILL GET FOR HELPING NEW MUSLIMS UNDERSTAND ISLAM BETTER?

MY CHILDREN HAVE BEEN ATTACKED MANY TIMES AND EVEN HURT BY OTHER CHILDREN SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE AMERICANS. TRUE WE ARE AMERICANS BUT WE ARE ALSO MUSLIMS, DOESNT THAT ACCOUNT FOR ANYTHING HERE? I HAVE PUT UP WITH ABOUT ALL I CAN TAKE AND HAVE STARTED TO FIGHT BACK WHICH IS SOMETHING I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD DO. BUT I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE PEOPLE THINKING THEY ARE BETTER BECAUSE THEY ARE SAUDI. TREATING OTHERS POORLY BASED ON THEIR ORIGIN IS VERY WRONG. YES, I KNOW THIS ALSO HAPPENS TO MANY ARABS WHO GO TO AMERICA AS WELL AND TRULY I AM SORRY FOR THEM TO GO THRU THAT AT ALL. NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I EVER TREATED ANY ONE SO POORLY.

I SEE ARAB KIDS SPITTING AND HITTING THE WORKERS IN THEIR COUNTRY WHO ARE NOT SAUDIS BUT FROM PAKISTAN, INDIA, EGYPT AND OTHER AREAS OF THE WORLD. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE PEOPLE OF ISLAM? WHY IS THERE NO LOVE IN THIS COUNTRY FOR OTHERS OTHER THAN SAUDIS? CAUSE OF THESE BEHAVIORS I HAVE STARTED TO HATE THE SAUDI PEOPLE AND FIND MYSELF FIGHTING CONSTANTLY WITH THEM WHEN THEY ARE RUDE TO ME. I HAVE GOTTEN TO THE POINT WHERE I JUST STAY HOME TO AVOID ANY CONFRONTATIONS BUT I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE ANSWER. IT SEEMS THAT ONLY THE RELIGIOUS SAUDIS ARE KIND AND CARING BUT THOSE ARE HARD TO FIND AND VERY RARE. I DONT WISH TO GO THRU ANYMORE PAIN NOR MY CHILDREN FROM ARROGANT PEOPLE WHO ONLY WISH TO HURT OTHERS CAUSE IT MAKES THEM FEEL BIG. PLEASE HELP ME TO ERASE THE HATE I HAVE IN MY HEART DUE TO ALL THE HATRED I HAVE BEEN THRU WHILE IN SAUDI ARABIA.

DESPERATE FOR GUIDANCE, A SISTER IN ISLAM

Humbler_359
02-03-2010, 04:07 AM
Punishing someone for crime is better than giving 11-13 years old the encouragement to continue engaging in sexual activities via sex-education? Dont you think so?

you want that 13 year old to be given a lollipop? As far as I know, the news is not credible.
Today, WE have a technology to prevent sexual activities and bad influences on youth .......from Internet filters, only government capable to do it. For instance, China government blocked filth websites including cellphones, ipod, etc. THat's very simple...

Thank you for your explanation !

UPDATE: LET ME SEARCH THREAD PREVIOUSLY DISCUSSING HERE, OKAY I GUESS NOT RELIABLE. Wasalaam!

CosmicPathos
02-03-2010, 04:16 AM
More story from Revert Sister experiencing in Saudi Arabia in which I found.
I got stoned by bedouin (bedu) kids as a young brown boy too but I did not decide to yell (all letters in caps) like that revert sister. What she did is exactly what she is complaining of.

Many Saudis are amazing people. Many are not. Just like how many Americans are amazing people. Many are not. She raised an important point though, people hated her because she is American. That just shows that we need to get rid of these nationalities. There is no reality in being an American, its a temporary thing which might change 500 years down the road. All I know is that a Muslim does not love to stick to his/her nationality especially when the government of that nation is killing Muslims.

But whatever injustices were done to that revert, may Allah compensate her for them.

Umm Hadiyyah
02-03-2010, 04:29 AM
:sl:

It's understandable why a mobile device would be banned from an educational institution, but I find the repercussions to be pretty dramatic. The flogging of a minor for such a minor offense, shouldn't even be legal. Islam advocates for the physical,emotional, and spiritual well-being of all, and stands against dhulm (oppression) even in the smallest degree. It's really unfortunate to see the Shariah of Islam being twisted, and modified to even apply to the smallest offenses. We (Muslims) are given the attribute of Wasad (In betweenness/Moderation), we should be moderate in all things, and not fall into the extreme side of the spectrum. Yet, again as brother Wa7abi Scientist indicated, "How are we to really know the source of the article?"

:wa:,
Umm Hadiyyah

Woodrow
02-03-2010, 04:37 AM

While I suspect it is quite painful, I doubt if any serious injury is caused. this is actually a very common punishment world wide and to some extent still used for school children in some western schools.

It is also widely used in China and south east Asia where it is called caning.

It seems like it only comes to attention when it is used in Saudi.

cat eyes
02-03-2010, 07:07 PM
i had asked an arab sister about this. she said the story is fake. there laws are not that brutel. its all lies she said. also it might be that they might be more to there story but all she told me is that they don't do those types of things to any school girl!!!

Dagless
02-03-2010, 07:23 PM
What do you mean? What is the difference in luck and fate? Hasnt Allah already pre-decreed everything? What do you mean by the Western concept that "he'll need the luck?"

You have lived there yourself? How do you know that he wont get his answers? Surely, he'll get his answers from the racist and Islamophobic dailymail.

"Good luck"
You said:

And what better way to investigate than to visit the country and talk to the authorities.

Good luck.
To this I replied "He'll certainly need the luck".
I don't recall anyone mentioning the Daily Mail, or racism, or Islamophobia. My comment simply meant that the Saudi authorities won't like to be questioned about the methods they use to punish people, and may react in an undesirable way.

cat eyes
02-03-2010, 07:41 PM
i have heard many stories that arabs are highly ignorant people and they treat workers like slaves etc they also take there passport away from them any workers that moves there for work purely they cannot keep there passport. but i dont believe fully in this story

UmmSqueakster
02-03-2010, 08:17 PM
via http://ummadam.wordpress.com/, we find this:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/...ion=cnn_latest

She's 20, not 13, and was sentenced to the lashes for ASSAULTING her teacher for taking away the cellphone.

And from what I know, when many lashes are ordered, they're done over a period of time, so as to not kill the person.

aamirsaab
02-04-2010, 09:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by UmmSqueakster

She's 20, not 13, and was sentenced to the lashes for ASSAULTING her teacher for taking away the cellphone.

And from what I know, when many lashes are ordered, they're done over a period of time, so as to not kill the person.
That makes a lot more sense than the original story. Stupid journalists can't do their job properly.

aadil77
02-04-2010, 09:52 AM
who falls for the bull**** by the daily mirror?

its all -------s to show women being oppressed in muslim countries, they'll never mention a man being subjected to shariah punishment for things like zina etc

Danah
02-04-2010, 09:55 AM

So that how it was?

I wonder from where they put up that pic in the first post here? If it was all fabricated then Media is doing a very disgusting job

aamirsaab
02-04-2010, 10:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
who falls for the bull**** by the daily mirror?

its all -------s to show women being oppressed in muslim countries, they'll never mention a man being subjected to shariah punishment for things like zina etc
No, they'll just show the street magic of a kid getting his arm crushed by a car, citing he stole bread and this is his sharia punishment.

Woodrow
02-04-2010, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
No, they'll just show the street magic of a kid getting his arm crushed by a car, citing he stole bread and this is his sharia punishment.
Sensationalism and shocking pictures sell papers. Why stick to the full story, when part of the story catches the readers attention and sells. The name of the game is called PROFITS.

The attitude of Journalism, a full wallet is worth more than the full truth

- IqRa -
02-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Nahhhhhhhhhhhh overdone it now bruv

aamirsaab
02-04-2010, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Sensationalism and shocking pictures sell papers. Why stick to the full story, when part of the story catches the readers attention and sells. The name of the game is called PROFITS.

The attitude of Journalism, a full wallet is worth more than the full truth
Good point. Guess I'm still naively under the impression that reporting news is about reporting news - not making profit. Silly me.

Woodrow
02-04-2010, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Good point. Guess I'm still naively under the impression that reporting news is about reporting news - not making profit. Silly me.
That is what is supposed to be. Genuine Free Press newspapers are few and seldom last long.

People seldom are willing to pay for the truth, but will pay exorbitant prices for entertainment. Creative writing pays more than full disclosure of facts.

Perhaps one day there will be a genuine public supported media. Perhaps one day mountains will fly.

Italianguy
02-04-2010, 02:58 PM
They still do caning in Singapore as well. I don't believe the story in the thread for a minute:hmm: I think she assaulted her teacher and got in trouble for more than just bringigng a cell phone.

ardianto
02-04-2010, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i have heard many stories that arabs are highly ignorant people and they treat workers like slaves etc they also take there passport away from them any workers that moves there for work purely they cannot keep there passport. but i dont believe fully in this story
I think you understand what I mean if I say "Not all of them".

Supreme
02-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Any sources that aren't the Daily Facist relating to this incident?

Muslim Woman
02-04-2010, 05:16 PM

Brutal: public floggings, such as in this archive picture, are a common punishment handed down by religious courts in Saudi Arabia.

if the picture shows punishment for zina , then it's ok . Allah says :

The woman and the man guilty of illegal sexual intercourse, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allah, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of the believers witness their punishment 24:2

I guess , the school girl won't get the same punishment like the sinners of illegal affairs get. May be , women guard will flog her lightly ? Do u have any details ? She offered her apology but still was not pardoned ?

Woodrow
02-04-2010, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Any sources that aren't the Daily Facist relating to this incident?
I have been searching the archives of the Newspapers I know of in the mideast for any mention. So far I have not found anything. Not even in the Israeli Paper Haaretz

UmmSqueakster
02-04-2010, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have been searching the archives of the Newspapers I know of in the mideast for any mention. So far I have not found anything. Not even in the Israeli Paper Haaretz
I posted a link to a story on CNN earlier in the thread, which quotes a saudi newspaper

Woodrow
02-04-2010, 07:04 PM
I posted a link to a story on CNN earlier in the thread, which quotes a saudi newspaper

I searched through Al-watan the saudi paper it is supposed to be quoted from and did not find it there. I may be overlooking it. but, I can't find the story in their archives

Supreme
02-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Then I shall look no more into it. This is hardly the first time the Daily Mail has been hate mongering Muslims.

Woodrow
02-05-2010, 01:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Then I shall look no more into it. This is hardly the first time the Daily Mail has been hate mongering Muslims.
I did not find anything related to the girl, but I did find a story from the same time frame of the the alleged 13 year old girl. This was about a group of university student who were caught cheating on an exam. after being expelled from school they assaulted the teacher who caught them, beat him quite bad and damaged his car. so far they have not been arrested, but the assault is an ongoing investigation.

cat eyes
02-05-2010, 04:02 PM
if uncle woodrow is right then id say she deserved the punishment ouch getting 90lashes would be so painful :phew

Woodrow
02-05-2010, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
if uncle woodrow is right then id say she deserved the punishment ouch getting 90lashes would be so painful :phew
If the girl is related or part of the Univesity students, those students have not been arrested yet and wont be until undeniable proof is found against them. so far none of them have had any punishment ordered for them.

But, that story makes it difficult to believe a 13 year old would get 90 lashes.

SQUID
02-06-2010, 12:31 PM
101 lashes for 16 year old rape victim:bravo:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-pregnant.html

aamirsaab
02-06-2010, 12:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SQUID
101 lashes for 16 year old rape victim:bravo:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-pregnant.html

FYI there is no punishment under sharia for rape victims. The linked incident is a prime case of injustice, which I abhor completely. Not that any government gives a ****.

Muhammad
02-06-2010, 12:53 PM

It seems that the full truth of this story is yet to be determined, therefore it is pointless discussing such an article until it is verified. We also have a very important rule related to this for posting in the World Affairs section:

Articles which present an incorrect representation of Muslims or Islamic teachings, by highlighting unIslamic acts, are unacceptable.

For those reasons, this thread is closed.

EDIT - Just realised this thread is in General section, when it should have been in World Affairs. I'm quite sure a similar article was posted in World Affairs too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.