/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the best city in the UK for Muslims?

Akmal786
02-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Salaam Brothers & Sisters

Ummah Vouchers wants to find out which city in the UK is best for Muslims, if you are from the UK please go to the link below and register your vote. Also this poll will Insh'Allah help other Muslims in the Ummah who are looking for simular answers.

http://www.ummahvouchers.co.uk/content/muslim-polls

Jazak Allah

UmmahVouchers.co.uk Team

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
02-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Great :) I've been curious about this for a while

(Just hoping there will be fairly voters, insha'lLah)

aadil77
02-03-2010, 03:41 PM
leicester!!!

Danah
02-03-2010, 03:43 PM
I only went to London twice and didn't find it that bad...
I wonder which one is the best too

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Akmal786
02-03-2010, 03:45 PM
I personally think its Birmingham, I lived there for 3 years and its awesome.

Also do not forget to register on Ummah Vouchers too - UK's 1st Muslim Voucher Website :)

Im looking forward to the results.

Soulja Girl
02-03-2010, 03:45 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
leicester!!!
^Got that right! :coolious:

:wa:

Asiyah3
02-03-2010, 03:46 PM
leicester!!!
wanna give reasons?

Cabdullahi
02-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Coventry

not :(

Life_Is_Short
02-03-2010, 03:48 PM
I voted for London and food & drink. :D

Soulja Girl
02-03-2010, 03:50 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
wanna give reasons?
^You feel at home in Leicester cuz there so many practicin Muslims, hamdulillah...

:wa:

Cabdullahi
02-03-2010, 03:53 PM
leicester!!!
live in highfield?

aadil77
02-03-2010, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=Abdullahii;1287973]live in highfield?[/QUOTE

who?

Life_Is_Short
02-03-2010, 03:59 PM
I've been Leicester because my parents were going to send me to girls boarding school there. :( It's beautiful but i like London. :D

S<Chowdhury
02-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Okey its Leicester oh no wait Birmingham, haha LOL come on its obvious -

LONDON

aadil77
02-03-2010, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
wanna give reasons?
Like the sis says leicester just feels like home, from where I've been no other city is like it.

One thing I like is that theres hardly any paki culture here to come and ruin everything, so no culture mixed with islam.

Theres loads of other reasons, here's a few;

-Loads of masjids, madrassas, islamic schools etc
-Loads of halal resturents, takeaways, butchers, grocery stores, hmc started here so loads of hmc places as well
-Loads of practising muslims (Allahs knows what they're truly like)
-Plenty of islamic things going on eg; lectures, jamaats etc

Although leicester is prob the best city for muslims in uk, theres still no comparison with living in a muslim country, I'd move out straight away if I got a job in a decent muslim country

noorseeker
02-03-2010, 04:47 PM
highfields in leicester is okay. but i get conflicting reports about leicester, i been told its the capital of girls who take off their hijabs after they leave home

S<Chowdhury
02-03-2010, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
highfields in leicester is okay. but i get conflicting reports about leicester, i been told its the capital of girls who take off their hijabs after they leave home
Bro dat happens everywhere including London, when i was attending high school i saw it happen on a regular basis.

aadil77
02-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Dunno, theres loads of hijabis and niqabis so no way to tell

Allah knows what people are like from inside, but alot do dress islamically

Raaina
02-03-2010, 04:54 PM
I heard Leicester was a good area as there was hardly any muslim / non muslim tension.
That came from my uncle who lives in Leicester and is non muslim.

So i'd say either there or London.

Shame I live in neither of these two places :(

Life_Is_Short
02-03-2010, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Bro dat happens everywhere especially in London, well round my area anyway
Have you seen any girls taking their Hijab off?

S<Chowdhury
02-03-2010, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Have you seen any girls taking their Hijab off?
Yh a few of da girls who went to my secondary school did..... walk out the house round the corner of the street, hijab off etc..... and then on the way home just a street away hijab is back on again before going home.

KittenLover
02-03-2010, 07:02 PM
I'd say Leceister cos many praticing people there who establish the deen, not just those asian's with Muslim names who go out clubbing and drinking.

it's gotta be between Lecesiter and Birmingham, Birmingham is a let down cos there's lot of Muslim's here but they don't pratice, they just have Muslim names and read salah once a year when Eid cames. then they drive up and down roads honking horns with pakistan flags like fools.

if more of the muslim's in birmingham were praticing it would be number 1 I think.

noorseeker
02-03-2010, 07:13 PM
birmingham, small heath , its niqabi central

cat eyes
02-03-2010, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KittenLover
then they drive up and down roads honking horns with pakistan flags like fools.
as if pakistanis had anything to be proud of :giggling: but they have a good cricket team ill give them that..

KittenLover
02-03-2010, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
as if pakistanis had anything to be proud of :giggling: but they have a good cricket team ill give them that..
LOL you should've seen when they won the world cup it was frightening to be out on the streets and go about your daily business, they were like hooligans/animals who had lost control of themselves.

they actually caused quite an inconveniance to me that day :raging:

S<Chowdhury
02-03-2010, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
Gd cricket team HAHA LMAO thats a joke right, bunch of cheats who sell out for the £

Cabdullahi
02-03-2010, 07:24 PM
noooo :(

i thought it was a good place for finding potentials for marriage prospects :cry::cry::cry::cry:

aaaargh my heart is broken :(

cat eyes
02-03-2010, 07:26 PM
LOL you should've seen when they won the world cup it was frightening to be out on the streets and go about your daily business, they were like hooligans/animals who had lost control of themselves.

they actually caused quite an inconveniance to me that day :raging:
lol aww poor little kitty i can imagine. i hope u managed to ninja kick your way out of the crowds hehe :wub:

S<Chowdhury
02-03-2010, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii

i thought it was a good place for finding potentials for marriage prospects :cry::cry::cry::cry:

dnt wotch broo always the desi girls back home , not to worry :statisfie

KittenLover
02-03-2010, 07:29 PM
yeah I did lol but they were oggling every woman that walked past also it was such an uncomfortable environment. And my friend was driving in his car with his sister on Stratford road, and they all jumped in the road and stopped traffic and then they started pushing his car from side to side about 10 lads and it was very frightening.

there's a way to celebrate and it doesn't involve losing your manners and adhaab and scaring people.

Cabdullahi
02-03-2010, 07:37 PM
dnt wotch broo always the desi girls back home , not to worry :statisfie
a sister from back home will have all the perfect attributes but bringing her here has its complications

She might feel homesick...she might get lonely because her parents are not in close proximity ...all these things :(

S<Chowdhury
02-03-2010, 07:52 PM
a sister from back home will have all the perfect attributes but bringing her here has its complications

She might feel homesick...she might get lonely because her parents are not in close proximity ...all these things :(
Mhmm most of the time Bro they get use to it, well from what I've seen. Anyway i think there are many good Muslim sisters with the "perfect attributes" here anyway, just a few bad ones but you can easily tell the difference most of the time, especially your parents lol

Supreme
02-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Luton. It has loads of Muslims. I saw loads anyway when I last visited.

Life_Is_Short
02-03-2010, 11:50 PM

LOL. ;D

Brother, you're so funny.

tw009
02-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Gd cricket team HAHA LMAO thats a joke right, bunch of cheats who sell out for the £
heeyyy, don't make fun of my cricket team!!:mmokay: :P

Cabdullahi
02-04-2010, 08:37 AM
LOL. ;D

Brother, you're so funny.
Dont laught at me , Living in coventry my only hope was either Leicester or Burningham.

aadil77
02-04-2010, 09:34 AM
I'd say Leceister cos many praticing people there who establish the deen, not just those asian's with Muslim names who go out clubbing and drinking.

it's gotta be between Lecesiter and Birmingham, Birmingham is a let down cos there's lot of Muslim's here but they don't pratice, they just have Muslim names and read salah once a year when Eid cames. then they drive up and down roads honking horns with pakistan flags like fools.

if more of the muslim's in birmingham were praticing it would be number 1 I think.
there are obviously muslims who go clubbing and drinking, but I've noticed some of them change later on

but you don't get much of that pakistani nationalism here,

pak independence day celebrations are calming down compared to other years, I only saw two or three cars racing around with flags, the street bangra has hushed down a bit too.

aadil77
02-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Dont laught at me , Living in coventry my only hope was either Leicester or Burningham.
lol don't fall for what others are saying theres still loads more practisin sisters here than other places

Akmal786
02-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Dont forget to register your votes on UmmahVouchers.co.uk, its getting interesting with London firmly in the lead !

S<Chowdhury
02-04-2010, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
heeyyy, don't make fun of my cricket team!!:mmokay: :P
HAHA ohh come on Shahid Afridi caught ball tampering http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAuElcY3gfg

let alone other scandals they've been involved including match fixings, they were once a great team, I'll give you that but now............

S<Chowdhury
02-04-2010, 07:19 PM
what about the muslim sisters in London lool

Cabdullahi
02-04-2010, 07:23 PM
you forgot London lool
What was afridi doing in the video the ball is not gulab jamn or ladoo for him to take a bite out of it like that??!

what a TP :(

Supreme
02-04-2010, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akmal786
Dont forget to register your votes on UmmahVouchers.co.uk, its getting interesting with London firmly in the lead !
Is it wrong to feel proud of your city?

Because I'm proud. I'd happily agree that London is indeed diverse and ideal for any group of people in the UK, including Muslims.

Eric H
02-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on Southampton

Blessings

Eric

Life_Is_Short
02-04-2010, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Blessings

Eric
I've been Southampton University. It's a nice city (very green) but the roads are small and there are not many Muslims.

Cabdullahi
02-04-2010, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Blessings

Eric
lots of Caucasians who probably get uncomfortable at the sight of ''scruffy beard man''

Blackpool
02-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Um... Blackpool? ;D

...Oh dear! :skeleton:

Supreme
02-05-2010, 04:44 PM
lots of Caucasians who probably get uncomfortable at the sight of ''scruffy beard man''
Isn't this generalisation?

Abdul Qadir
02-05-2010, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akmal786
Salaam Brothers & Sisters

Ummah Vouchers wants to find out which city in the UK is best for Muslims, if you are from the UK please go to the link below and register your vote. Also this poll will Insh'Allah help other Muslims in the Ummah who are looking for simular answers.

http://www.ummahvouchers.co.uk/content/muslim-polls

Jazak Allah

UmmahVouchers.co.uk Team
Birmingham, with the salafi brothers..

Esther462
02-05-2010, 04:55 PM
London or Lester (I think I've spelt this wrong) The New Musilm Project is basiced there.

Life_Is_Short
02-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Global Peace Unity event happens in London and you can tell by number of muslims that turn up that London (east) has the majority of Muslims. Well, that's how i can tell anyway.

Supreme
02-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Global Peace Unity event happens in London and you can tell by number of muslims that turn up that London (east) has the majority of Muslims. Well, that's how i can tell anyway.
Well in my area of London, we have a small number of Muslims. I see one or two every time I go into town. At a guess, I'd say about 1% of the population here is Muslim. In my sixth form, we've got around four to five Muslims maximum, one of which is a friend.

In parts of East London, though, I think it's something like 30-40% Muslims. There's loads of Sikhs there too.

S<Chowdhury
02-05-2010, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Well in my area of London, we have a small number of Muslims. I see one or two every time I go into town. At a guess, I'd say about 1% of the population here is Muslim. In my sixth form, we've got around four to five Muslims maximum, one of which is a friend.

In parts of East London, though, I think it's something like 30-40% Muslims. There's loads of Sikhs there too.
No southall (west london) thats where the sikh majority are, East London just full of Bengali ppl

Cabdullahi
02-05-2010, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Isn't this generalisation?
technically its not i said lots and lots could be 1000 Caucasians from 2 million :hmm:

waqas maqsood
02-08-2010, 04:05 AM

One thing I like is that theres hardly any paki culture here to come and ruin everything, so no culture mixed with islam.
Dude, you got a problem with Pakistanis... I can name you hundred other muslim practising countrys that mixes culture with religion.

My ethnic background is Pakistani but I don't mix culture. I'll die for my religion, not nationalism.

Watch what you say. That comment is way below the belt.

waqas maqsood
02-08-2010, 04:09 AM
Got to be London. East or West London

I guess most majority muslim population is

London (East and West) and around Marble Arch
Luton
Bhams/Coventry
Nottingham/Leicester
Manchester
Leeds/Bradford

cat eyes
02-08-2010, 08:52 PM
well i personally think london is a good place. have been there and met alot of muslims however i have heard bad stories about birmingham and other cites and frankly i think there rubbish towns and how muslims there carry on!

aadil77
02-08-2010, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by waqas maqsood
Dude, you got a problem with Pakistanis... I can name you hundred other muslim practising countrys that mixes culture with religion.

My ethnic background is Pakistani but I don't mix culture. I'll die for my religion, not nationalism.

Watch what you say. That comment is way below the belt.
I'm pakistani as well lol I should have made that clear, I have no problems with them just the unislamic parts of the culture. Yeh there are other muslims with the unislamic cultures like from bangladesh, but most muslims in UK are pakistani and the most spread culture by muslims across UK is pakistani. And its obvious when you live in a predominantly pakistani area majority will be followin that culture.

There is alot of pakistanis here in leicester as well but they're quite practising as the culture has been washed a side, cause of the islamic influence we have around here.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.