/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it spam?? mods?

Italianguy
02-03-2010, 11:20 PM
On my control panel in the notices box , there are adds popping up for "Hotties looking for me in Virginia"? How is this getting on this site? It even shows pictures of them:hmm:

Did you notice this anywhere else?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
02-03-2010, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
On my control panel in the notices box , there are adds popping up for "Hotties looking for me in Virginia"? How is this getting on this site? It even shows pictures of them:hmm:

Did you notice this anywhere else?
What browser are you using and what tool bar addons does it have? Sounds like you picked up an advertising tracking cookie

Dagless
02-03-2010, 11:30 PM
All i get is "ummahsbest.com" :(

Beardo
02-03-2010, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
What browser are you using and what tool bar addons does it have? Sounds like you picked up an advertising tracking cookie
Is that a fault from our side or his side, Uncle Woodrow?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
02-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Google is my hompage, if thats what your asking? I don't have anytool bar add ons that I know of?

When i am on the islamicboard homepage I get the Ummahsbest add, but when I am on my control panel, it shows up in the "notices" box.?

I was just wondering if anyone else sees this on their page?

Woodrow
02-03-2010, 11:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Is that a fault from our side or his side, Uncle Woodrow?
I thought it was on his PC, but it just popped up for me also. so I now believe one of those banner adds is using tracking/redirect cookies, to redirect people to individualized adds. On mine it says (in Zeeland, ND) little do they know there are no single girls in Zeeland.

I may me able to identify which add is the culprit. But I would suggest for anybody having this problem to periodically clear all cookies, but remember that in doing that all saved passwords will be deleted.

Woodrow
02-03-2010, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Google is my hompage, if thats what your asking? I don't have anytool bar add ons that I know of?

When i am on the islamicboard homepage I get the Ummahsbest add, but when I am on my control panel, it shows up in the "notices" box.?

I was just wondering if anyone else sees this on their page?
the Browser is the program you use to connect to the internet, such as Internen Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc. I believe you probably use IE if you don't know which you use. I use firefox so since I had it happen to me I am assuming it is not browser related.

Italianguy
02-04-2010, 12:41 AM
I thought it was on his PC, but it just popped up for me also. so I now believe one of those banner adds is using tracking/redirect cookies, to redirect people to individualized adds. On mine it says (in Zeeland, ND) little do they know there are no single girls in Zeeland.

I may me able to identify which add is the culprit. But I would suggest for anybody having this problem to periodically clear all cookies, but remember that in doing that all saved passwords will be deleted.
Ok, so it's not just me. I am glad i brought it up. Hope it helps to catch the culprit...or cookies?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.