/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Aafia Siddiqui Guilty of US murder attempt

tw009
02-03-2010, 11:49 PM
The prosecution said Aafia Siddiqui, a US-trained neuroscientist, picked up an army rifle and shot at the US agents.

None of the Americans was injured but Siddiqui, 37, was shot.

She was arrested by Afghan police in July 2008 on suspicion of carrying chemicals and notes referring to "mass-casualty attacks" in New York.

She has been accused of having links to the al-Qaeda leadership and rights groups say she has spent five years in secret US jails.

A jury in Manhattan found Siddiqui guilty of attempted murder, of armed assault, using and carrying a firearm. She faces a maximum sentence of life in prison.

The attempted murder was found not to have been premeditated.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8497251.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
02-03-2010, 11:58 PM
:salamext:

This is a blatant lie against her and her unjust imprisonment is out of pure hatred against Muslims.

February 3, 2010, New York, NY - The International Justice Network (IJNetwork) represents the family of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui in the United States. Attorneys from IJNetwork have been monitoring her trial, which began on January 19, and ended with a guilty verdict today in U.S. Federal Court in the Southern District of New York.

"Today marks the close of another sad chapter in the life of our sister, Dr. Aafia Siddiqui. Today she was unjustly found guilty. Though she was not charged with any terrorism-related offense, Judge Berman permitted the prosecution's witnesses to characterize our sister as a terrorist -- which, based on copious evidence, she clearly is not. Today's verdict is one of many legal errors that allowed the prosecution to build a case against our sister based on hate, rather than fact. We believe that as a result, she was denied a fair trial, and today's verdict must be overturned on appeal."
Accusations, accusations nothing more then false accusations! An accusation is enough to send someone to jail. Utter nonsense.

May Allah give her strength and grant her, her freedom.

tw009
02-04-2010, 12:07 AM
May Allah give her strength in this time of terrible injustice.

Supreme
02-04-2010, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
Sounds like a total nutcase. Thank God no one was injured.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
02-04-2010, 06:38 PM
:sl:
Another crock of **** story. FBI agent disarmed by a hijabi? Pull the other one.

chacha_jalebi
02-04-2010, 09:34 PM
interview with her mum (in urdu) very inspiring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6nUUJhbSUc

MSalman
02-04-2010, 09:41 PM
May Allah destroy our enemies and give strength to our unjustly imprisoned brothers and sisters, ameen

Trumble
02-05-2010, 04:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Despite the rather desperate wishful thinking in this thread Supreme has it right, I'm afraid. The only 'crock of ****' story seems to have been the defence.

BTW, she didn't 'disarm' anybody; the story says the weapon was unattended.

syilla
02-05-2010, 04:05 AM
Ameen to all the duas :(

aamirsaab
02-05-2010, 08:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Despite the rather desperate wishful thinking in this thread Supreme has it right, I'm afraid. The only 'crock of ****' story seems to have been the defence.

That still doesn't add up. Why would a gun be left unnatended in such a place. It reeks of stupidity and incompetence. And if that is the case, shame on them!

Yet somehow, without any evidence whatsoever other than the contradictory words of the witnesses, the jury was convinced. So either her lawyer sucked or the jury had already made their mind up. ''Niqabi + death to america chants= terrorist" Probably the latter.

Heck, why was she arrested in the first place? Terrorist documents that they DIDN'T charge her for?

Crock of ****.

KittenLover
02-05-2010, 12:48 PM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

ujustice upon unjustice inshallah she will have her justice on the day of judgement. I feel so helpless :cry:

S_87
02-05-2010, 01:16 PM
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioun

may Allah have mercy on her

Uthman
02-06-2010, 02:20 PM
THE Powerful Testimony of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui

IslamicRevival
02-08-2010, 06:42 AM
Death to america and death to israel!

O Allah SWT, please help this innocent Muslim sister. O Allah SWT please destroy those animals who have tortured and ruined the life of our beloved sister of Islam :cry:

If you saw those pictures of this sister before and how she is now the pain will strike your heart as if an arrow has pierced it.

Brothers and sisters, We (and I say this first and foremost to myself) moan day in day out about how we have it bad but in reality, its nothing compared to the people who are suffering at the hands of the brutal kafir animals!! O Allah SWT Destroy these out of control satanic dogs who have abused and tortured our sister of Islam :cry:imsad

HAWA*~
02-08-2010, 06:49 AM
This is the first i've heard of her, with every difficulty comes relief and in inshallah hers will be sooner than later.

IslamicRevival
02-08-2010, 07:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6TanAjrbKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6awgpNMcnE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUSf2sgVZmk

:cry:Must Watch! :cry:

IslamicRevival
02-08-2010, 07:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble

You silly ignorant buffoons! How dare you clowns say such a thing u immoral nutcases! She did NOTHING wrong, Open your eyes you brainwashed satanic minded people!

The only crock of **** here is your blatant lies. May Allah SWT destroy those who are directly involved in this gross injustice and ruin those deaf dumb and blind people who support corruption and injustice!

★ηαѕιнα★
02-08-2010, 08:28 AM
I actually got this in my hotmail. Dunno what to think of it alhamdoellilah. Pray for her every1!

Prisoner No. 650
Dr Aafia Siddiqui,
A Pakistani PhD. Having 144 Honorary Degrees & Certificates, In Neurology, From Different Institutes Of The World.
The Only Neurologist In The World Have The Honorary Ph.d From Harvard University.

Hafiz-e-Quraan, Aalima,
Not Even A Single American Matches her Qualifications,
Was Kidnapped along with her 3 children, By the FBI from Karachi, With Help of Our Government Alleging Connection with Al-Qaeeda,

Now She is in USA prison. Having Lost Memory, Due to physical, Psychological & Sexual Torture,
She is Imprisoned with Men.

But We, The Muslims are Dead.
Even this Message will remain in our Inbox, until we delete it.

Protest! If you cannot do anything,
Just forward it and just Pray for Her.

Chuck
02-08-2010, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
I actually got this in my hotmail. Dunno what to think of it alhamdoellilah. Pray for her every1!

Prisoner No. 650
Dr Aafia Siddiqui,
A Pakistani PhD. Having 144 Honorary Degrees & Certificates, In Neurology, From Different Institutes Of The World.
The Only Neurologist In The World Have The Honorary Ph.d From Harvard University.

Hafiz-e-Quraan, Aalima,
Not Even A Single American Matches her Qualifications,
Was Kidnapped along with her 3 children, By the FBI from Karachi, With Help of Our Government Alleging Connection with Al-Qaeeda,

Now She is in USA prison. Having Lost Memory, Due to physical, Psychological & Sexual Torture,
She is Imprisoned with Men.

But We, The Muslims are Dead.
Even this Message will remain in our Inbox, until we delete it.

Protest! If you cannot do anything,
Just forward it and just Pray for Her.
It is easy to say that muslims are dead but what average muslim is suppose to do? This is the job of the govt. to investigate and negotiate, but our govts are weak and corrupt, if she was American, British, German, Chinese, or even Indian tell me what the govt would have done?

Supreme
02-08-2010, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
You silly ignorant buffoons! How dare you clowns say such a thing u immoral nutcases! She did NOTHING wrong, Open your eyes you brainwashed satanic minded people!

The only crock of **** here is your blatant lies. May Allah SWT destroy those who are directly involved in this gross injustice and ruin those deaf dumb and blind people who support corruption and injustice!
Oh yes, she did nothing wrong or out of the ordinary! Just tried to kill a bunch of innocent people! Nothing wrong with that, is there? Well I don't know why she's being treated so injustly, I mean she should be allowed to roam the streets free to try and kill people!

Sometimes I feel like sarcasm is the only way I can communicate with some people.

tortured and ruined the life
I doubt very much she's been tortured, what with torture being illegal and everything! This is America, not China, we're talking about.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-08-2010, 06:36 PM
^^What makes you think "they" wouldn't torture? Just because they sit on the very top somewhere doesn't make them any less like us! If ordinary, unpopular, powerless people like us can do bad in society against the norms or laws, what makes you think power hungry or people with already power in their hands can't do it?! That's ridiculous! And as of now they still DON'T have legit proof she did it! Why is it hard to even "believe" a little bit that this could happen? Why do people live in la la land?

Open your eyes!

aadil77
02-08-2010, 06:40 PM
^Don't get worked up sis over the lies of non-muslims,she will get her justice whether in this world or the next.

The taliban are going to come to a deal by trading a US soldier they have captive for her freedom. If not they'll execute him.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-08-2010, 06:45 PM
I've just had enough of the crap we have to hear all the time. Seriously, enough is enough.

She is just one out of so many...Allahu Musta'an.

HasbunAllahu wa ni'mal wakeel...

"[Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us).]''

Supreme
02-08-2010, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
^^What makes you think "they" wouldn't torture? Just because they sit on the very top somewhere doesn't make them any less like us! If ordinary, unpopular, powerless people like us can do bad in society against the norms or laws, what makes you think power hungry or people with already power in their hands can't do it?! That's ridiculous! And as of now they still DON'T have legit proof she did it! Why is it hard to even "believe" a little bit that this could happen? Why do people live in la la land?

Open your eyes!
America cannot legally conduct torture on its own soil. If you think they have conducted torture, and have sufficient proof, then take it to the courts. I'm just judging based off what I've read. I couldn't care less what god this woman worships or doesn't worship, and neither do the US authorities- a wannabe murderer is a wannabe murderer even in the face of Islamophobia accusations.

جوري
02-08-2010, 07:23 PM
so true they can't conduct torture on their own soil so they go conduct it in cuba and without trial.

funny stuff.

سيف الله
02-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Salaam

This is an excellent discussion on this baffling case.

Ignoring Torture Claims and Questionable Evidence, New York Jury Convicts Pakistani Scientist Aafia Siddiqui

A New York jury has convicted the US-educated Pakistani neuroscientist Aafia Siddiqui of attempted murder for shooting at US forces while jailed in Afghanistan in 2008. None of the Americans were injured, but Siddiqui was shot and wounded while in US custody. Human rights groups have long alleged that Siddiqui was forcibly disappeared by Pakistani authorities in 2003 and interrogated and tortured at the behest of the United States. In her testimony, Siddiqui claimed to have been held in a US secret prison. We speak to Siddiqui family spokesperson Tina Foster of the International Justice Network and Petra Bartosiewicz, an independent journalist who has been closely following Siddiqui’s case.
JUAN GONZALEZ: We begin today with one of the most baffling cases in the so-called war on terror, the story of thirty-seven-year-old Aafia Siddiqui.

On Wednesday, a New York court convicted the American-educated Pakistani neuroscientist of attempted murder for shooting at US soldiers and FBI agents while detained in Afghanistan in 2008.

Back in 2003, Aafia Siddiqui was wanted by law enforcement and the FBI and suspected of links to al-Qaeda leadership. But the MIT-trained scientist had mysteriously disappeared along with her three children, two of whom are US citizens. She reappeared five years later in Afghanistan with her oldest son and was arrested on suspicion of carrying chemicals and notes referring to “mass-casualty attacks” in New York.

Aafia Siddiqui was not tried on terrorism charges or for her alleged ties to al-Qaeda. The case against her rested on events that took place the day after she was arrested in Afghanistan in July of 2008. The prosecution said she grabbed an unattended rifle and opened fire on a group of US soldiers and FBI agents who were questioning her. None of the Americans was injured, but Siddiqui was shot and wounded while in US custody.

Video and transcript

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/2/4...nable_evidence

I doubt very much she's been tortured, what with torture being illegal and everything! This is America, not China, we're talking about.
Hehehe naive, Americans dont do torture eh? Guantanamo, Bagram, 'extraordinary Rendition' Abu Ghraib, they even outsource its torture to other countries so they don't get their hands 'dirty'. Plus if you look at American history (eg, Vietnam 1960s - 1970s, Central America 1980s etc etc) you'll see that they have no qualms about torturing people or backing torturers when it serves there interests.

Chuck
02-08-2010, 07:57 PM
^^ thanks for laying out facts brother, I hope it opens deniers eyes. What if it was their mother, sister, or daughter.

Uthman
02-08-2010, 08:57 PM
I agree ^^

This has been an ongoing case for some time and there have been many articles written about it. Let me say that what has happened to this woman is completely unjust.

By the way, I am usually the first person to condemn the public wrong action of a Muslim committed in the name of Islam and so there is really nothing desparate about me saying this.

جوري
02-08-2010, 09:00 PM
lots of luck with anyone Muslim or educated in general getting a 'jury of their peers' in the U.S when 75% are walking hicks and the rest are disqualified lest they God forbid sway the Jury in an educated manner!

talk to me again about justice for the people..

7asbona Allah wa'ni3ma alwakeel

IslamicRevival
02-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Oh yes, she did nothing wrong or out of the ordinary! Just tried to kill a bunch of innocent people! Nothing wrong with that, is there? Well I don't know why she's being treated so injustly, I mean she should be allowed to roam the streets free to try and kill people!

Sometimes I feel like sarcasm is the only way I can communicate with some people.

She tried to kill who? You dont even know what the full story is. This sister was abducted 7+ years ago, humilated, tortured, mentally destroyed and Allah SWT knows what else they did to her.

This whole case is a SHAM, Once the Pakistani media found out that there was a Female prisoner being held in one of the most filthiest places on the Earth the American terrorists made up a fairytale story about Dr Aafia trying to kill a US scum of the earth servicemen. Why? To sway away from the FACT that she was abducted and tortured for 7+ years!

The trial itself was CORRUPT, The judge was corrupt, In fact everything about the American government is unjust.

Shame on you for saying she wasn't tortured you ignorant, immoral deaf, dumb and blind brainwashed lunatic. Maybe if you suffered the same way, you wouldn't coming out with blatant lies.

Just because CHINA doesn't bow down to the terrorist American government, YOU ATTACK THEM!

LONG LIVE CHINA, Granted their Government may not be the best but at least its better then the terrorist American war machine which BUTCHERS and commits open GENOCIDE in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen etc etc etc

May China CONTINUE to stick two fingers up to America!

Sometimes I feel I have to spell out the truth to brainwashed people like yourself

Supreme
02-08-2010, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
so true they can't conduct torture on their own soil so they go conduct it in cuba and without trial.

funny stuff.
Indeed. Hence, why it is difficult for Americans to try and take the moral high ground in these issues.

This is an excellent discussion on this baffling case.
Thank you. This is the sort of thing I want to read. I want to see the story from a different point of view.

Hehehe naive, Americans dont do torture eh? Guantanamo, Bagram, 'extraordinary Rendition' Abu Ghraib, they even outsource its torture to other countries so they don't get their hands 'dirty'. Plus if you look at American history (eg, Vietnam 1960s - 1970s, Central America 1980s etc etc) you'll see that they have no qualms about torturing people or backing torturers when it serves there interests.
Absoloutely. Americans have even acted like Nazis in the past, especially in Vietnam.

lots of luck with anyone Muslim or educated in general getting a 'jury of their peers' in the U.S when 75% are walking hicks and the rest are disqualified lest they God forbid sway the Jury in an educated manner!
LOL. Yes, Americans are on the whole stupid.
Shame on you for saying she wasn't tortured you ignorant, immoral deaf, dumb and blind brainwashed lunatic. Maybe if you suffered the same way, you wouldn't coming out with blatant lies.
Calm down. Take a deep breath. You see, this is what happens when someone is so attached to a certain opinion that any questioning of it is taken as a personal insult.

Just because CHINA doesn't bow down to the terrorist American government, YOU ATTACK THEM!
No one's attacking China. I was using it as an example because of it's poor human rights record, or at least a record worse than that of America. I didn't mean to directly attack China. Substitute China for North Korea, Laos, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Iran or any other country with a poor human rights record and you get the same idea.

LONG LIVE CHINA, Granted their Government may not be the best but at least its better then the terrorist American war machine which BUTCHERS and commits open GENOCIDE in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen etc etc etc
China is quite happily comitting 'genocide', and has done in the past, in Tibet and the Ughur dominated areas of China. Genocide is genocide. They're both as bad as each other, difference being, China treats people bad within its own borders, whereas America does it in other people's borders.

China and America are getting on relatively well actually.

While there are some irritants in Sino-American relations, there are also many stabilizing factors. The People's Republic of China and the United States are major trade partners and have common interests in the prevention and suppression of terrorism and in preventing nuclear proliferation. China is also the U.S.'s biggest foreign creditor. China's challenges and difficulties are also mainly internal, and therefore there is a desire on the part of the PRC to maintain stable relations with the United States. The Sino-American relationship has been described by top leaders and academics as the world's most important bilateral relationship of the 21st century.[3][4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China-US_relations

جوري
02-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Indeed. Hence, why it is difficult for Americans to try and take the moral high ground in these issues.
Yeah it is always better to imprison and torture a mother and a scientist on false grounds than to take 'high moral grounds' whatever the hell that means..

It is crystal now!

IslamicRevival
02-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Calm down. Take a deep breath. You see, this is what happens when someone is so attached to a certain opinion that any questioning of it is taken as a personal insult.
What I'm stating is not an opinion, its a proven fact. You claiming our beloved sister of Islam wasn't tortured is an insult. These are the words I would expect to hear from an Israeli/American agent

format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme Liar
I doubt very much she's been tortured, what with torture being illegal and everything! This is America, not China, we're talking about
No one's attacking China. I was using it as an example because of it's poor human rights record, or at least a record worse than that of America. They're both as bad as each other
Its extraordinary and sick how you can justify America's actions. Its sneaky and pure satanic.

China and America are getting on relatively well actually. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China-US_relations
Says who? Wiki, A site whereby anyone with internet access can write and make changes to articles?

Italianguy
02-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Wow, I see so many here condeming America, yet.....many of those condeming live here? I don't get the point of being in America if one Hates it with such a passion? And no one can use the excuse of not being able to afford moving out of the country to move to an Islamic country, because it's cheaper to live in any of those countries than here. Sooooooo i don't get it?

Not trying to complain, Just asking. If you hate the US, thats your own opinion, I can respect that.

جوري
02-08-2010, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Wow, I see so many here condeming America, yet.....many of those condeming live here? I don't get the point of being in America if one Hates it with such a passion? And no one can use the excuse of not being able to afford moving out of the country to move to an Islamic country, because it's cheaper to live in any of those countries than here. Sooooooo i don't get it?

Not trying to complain, Just asking. If you hate the US, thats your own opinion, I can respect that.
How does our collective moving out of America bring justice to a Muslim woman who isn't an American citizen?

Italianguy
02-09-2010, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
How does our collective moving out of America bring justice to a Muslim woman who isn't an American citizen?
It doesn't, guess i should have read the whole thread. Sorry. I will read through it more thuroughly.

Ummu Sufyaan
02-09-2010, 02:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
She tried to kill who? You dont even know what the full story is. This sister was abducted 7+ years ago, humilated, tortured, mentally destroyed and Allah SWT knows what else they did to her.

This whole case is a SHAM, Once the Pakistani media found out that there was a Female prisoner being held in one of the most filthiest places on the Earth the American terrorists made up a fairytale story about Dr Aafia trying to kill a US scum of the earth servicemen. Why? To sway away from the FACT that she was abducted and tortured for 7+ years!

The trial itself was CORRUPT, The judge was corrupt, In fact everything about the American government is unjust.

Sometimes I feel I have to spell out the truth to brainwashed people like yourself
he's full of rubbish akhee just ignore him. there's not one of his posts that is a manifestation of his own ego somehow...what else more should you except from such a person :hmm:

syilla
02-09-2010, 04:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy

If you read the article... they are actually condeming the crime itself made by the so called authority imsad

Italianguy
02-09-2010, 04:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
If you read the article... they are actually condeming the crime itself made by the so called authority imsad
Yeah sorry, i havent read the whole article as of yet but i will. I spoke to soon earlier. ......but i notice throughout all of the threads that Supreme has a little.....anomosity towards the US:p

Uthman
02-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Please avoid personal remarks, even if it's hard.

Beardo
02-09-2010, 02:30 PM

Oh, and I suppose you were a witness of this as well? I await substantial evidence to be released before she is going to be punished.

And here a quote by a man of your own religion, "Sarcasm is the language of the devil, for which reason I have long since as good as renounced it."

^ Perhaps you should ponder on your brother's quote. It has true meaning and definition.

She was not tortured on American grounds. Nobody is tortured on American grounds. It's in the Bill of Rights, U.S. Constitution, Amendment #8. "...not cruel or unusual punishments be inflicted."

She was punished on, to my limited knowledge, Pakistani grounds. And I have complete conviction that The U.S. will be fair and just in their rulings, and I hope they will put an end to this if substantial evidence is not brought. And if there is evidence, then in that case rules are rules. But she is a citizen of the U.S., and I hope and pray the Amendment 8 is taken into consideration.

As for the entire event in its whole, I have not followed it. It brings me to tears and leaves me confused as to what really happened. I understand that if you break a rule or law, you have to face the consequences no matter how hard they may be. But when it is your sister, and substantial evidence is not provided, it leaves a lump in my throat. A lump that says there is a possibility she is being punished as an innocent and intelligent lady that she is.

As for you, Supreme... I hope you do not live in the U.S., as you insulted the country I was born and raised in.

Supreme
02-09-2010, 07:10 PM
What I'm stating is not an opinion, its a proven fact. You claiming our beloved sister of Islam wasn't tortured is an insult. These are the words I would expect to hear from an Israeli/American agent
It's not a 'proven fact', you know no more on the case than I do, you are merely speculating at sources from various news outlets. Next!

Its extraordinary and sick how you can justify America's actions. Its sneaky and pure satanic.

OK, remind me again where I justified America' actions? Since when did I say 'well she deserves to get tortured and what have you because she tried to kill people'.

Says who? Wiki, A site whereby anyone with internet access can write and make changes to articles?
If you bothered to read the article, you would discover that anyone who wanted to make changes to the article to make the relationship betweem America and China seem brilliant would have edited out the parts where it says the two do have differences, and that they aren't exactly dandy. However, America and China are neither foes nor friends.

As for you, Supreme... I hope you do not live in the U.S., as you insulted the country I was born and raised in.
One would think the 'London' part of my profile would answer this.

Italianguy
02-09-2010, 09:22 PM
If I may jump in for a moment....To condem a whole country for only some of it's inhabitants actions is wrong. The entire country of the United States does not condone all actions of our government. The same thing goes for any other country, like Afghanistan, i nor all of the US believes evryone there is a terrorist nor do we believe it's full of bad people. The negative actions taken by some folks in any country is usually outnumbered by the good. As well, the number of people who die in the name of good deeds usually outnumbers the bad, but everyone watches the media and the media only shows that of destruction and dismay...why?....because that's what sells. And the media is a business like any other, there to make a profit. I never condem a whole country for some of it's citizens actions and neither should anyone else. Every single country has some kind of hidden agenda being brought forth by a few of the rich and in powerfull, not just the US. The old adage goes "He who has the gold makes the rules" and that saying doesn't decipher wether they are with good intentions or bad.

How about we post some of the positive things going on in some of our home countries? Instead of falling into the "Media trap" of only focusing on negative actions.

Sincerely,

Italianguy

God be with all of us..and those who suffer.

IslamicRevival
02-09-2010, 10:11 PM
It's not a 'proven fact', you know no more on the case than I do, you are merely speculating at sources from various news outlets. Next!

OK, remind me again where I justified America' actions? Since when did I say 'well she deserves to get tortured and what have you because she tried to kill people'.

If you bothered to read the article, you would discover that anyone who wanted to make changes to the article to make the relationship betweem America and China seem brilliant would have edited out the parts where it says the two do have differences, and that they aren't exactly dandy. However, America and China are neither foes nor friends.
1. It is a fact Dr Aafia was kidnapped, tortured, mentally destroyed, shot, abused and humiliated. It is a fact her 2 children which were also kidnapped by the CIA are still missing and have vanished from the face of earth. It is a fact the US ignored all these points in court, instead they made up a fairytale story about a frail woman attempting to put down a US Dog! It is a fact the US lied ehen they claimed there were NO women being held in their notorious prisons.

2. Yes you did try and justify America's actions. A normal human being would condemn what has happened but no, you support such savagery and inhumane acts. You barked and said you doubt she was tortured whilst painting a picture of America being holier then thou.

3. May China continue to shun the United satans of America. Now run along

Rabi Mansur
02-10-2010, 03:32 AM
This is certainly a strange legal case. If she grabbed a gun and tried to kill one of the guards, it is odd that one of them wasn't at least wounded. All we know about the trial has been filtered by the media. When criminal cases become political like this, it sometimes becomes impossible to determine the truth.

Yvonne Ridley has been talking about this one for quite some time.

Maybe Obama will give Aafia a pardon before he leaves office.

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.