/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dads, and future daddy's!

Italianguy
02-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Men no matter what faith we are a part of one thing we all have in common as fathers or future fathers is our children, our want of the best things for them, and for them to have the best upbringing, education, and strength in faith.

So I beg you to take only 5 minutes out of your day, ..maybe even in the morning before you go to work, and just reflect on how much time you.....don't spend with your child.You would be amazed at how much time we as men waste on everything but, time with our children. Now i am not speaking of the time spent in the car, on the phone, on the computer, or running errands. I am talking about quality time just between yourself anf your child. Read a book (even the Qur'an) teach them about faith, and that all praise must go to God, not worldly items. Play outside with them, go to the park, take a walk. Just be proactive in their life.

I write this because i am guilty of this as well. I am a business owner, full time college student and very involved with my churches. Time flys by and my son is 7now and 1 month ago i thought he was still 5imsad

So please fathers....spend time with your children, don't be afraid of them(i know some of you are, in some way) They love you, and want YOUR attention! They want your strength, and to be as smart as you:D You can never fail as a father if you spend tme with them. Tell them you love them, give them a hug when you ge home from work today. You will be amazed! No matter how bad your day was (even if you had to deal with a nagging Christian named Italianguy all day :) ) ....And listen to your wife! She knows your child better than you do.

God be with you...and your children.Ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
02-04-2010, 02:49 PM
It is a horrible feeling to look back and see if you missed even one second of time you could have spent with your children. Look for times you can spend with your children and remember every lost second will never be repeated.

Tilmeez
02-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Very nice!
I can understand, being a father, what you meant.

Alhamdolillah, I have very good interactions with my 5 year and 1 year old daughters.
Love them.

Edit:
I love to speak their language: Akool for School, Masdid for Masjid and lots of other words.
Its blessing. I'm praying for some Khadoos (ask ur wife if u don't know this word), may Allah bless him with this, Inshallah.

Italianguy
02-04-2010, 03:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
Very nice!

Alhamdolillah, I have very good interactions with my 5 year and 1 year old daughters.
Love them.
Thats awesome! You have a handfull of joy there:D

God be with your family.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Italianguy
02-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Very nice!

Love them.

Edit:
I love to speak their language: Akool for School, Masdid for Masjid and lots of other words.
Its blessing. I'm praying for some Khadoos (ask ur wife if u don't know this word), may Allah bless him with this, Inshallah.
Would you be talking about....Ladoo's? I love ladoo's, my wife makes them, but rarely:p they are so good!

Tilmeez
02-04-2010, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
Would you be talking about....Ladoo's? I love ladoo's, my wife makes them, but rarely:p they are so good!
No, I'm talking about Khadoos (rotten):p one. Once he is blessed I will talk about ladoo's :D

Italianguy
02-04-2010, 03:07 PM
No, I'm talking about Khadoos (rotten):p one. Once he is blessed I will talk about ladoo's :D
Oh ok, lol. Sorry for the Khadoo, but at least he will be blessed:D

ardianto
02-04-2010, 03:18 PM
I work at home.......!

My office is in garage, and my car 'sleep' on carport at night. :D

Italianguy
02-05-2010, 12:50 AM
Not many daddy's here i guess?

syilla
02-05-2010, 02:28 AM
My son will pressure me and scream at me if i don't give him any attention lol. He will force me to look into his eyes when he is talking...lol.. *sigh...

Italianguy
02-05-2010, 02:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
My son will pressure me and scream at me if i don't give him any attention lol. He will force me to look into his eyes when he is talking...lol.. *sigh...
KIDS!:heated: Just kidding;D

Is your son allowed to yell at you? My son would never raise his voice and or make me do anything.

syilla
02-05-2010, 02:44 AM
KIDS!:heated: Just kidding;D

Is your son allowed to yell at you? My son would never raise his voice and or make me do anything.
He is not yelling... He is just screaming for attention...lol

Italianguy
02-05-2010, 02:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
He is not yelling... He is just screaming for attention...lol
It's so awesome to have kids isn't it?:D Sometimes you wish they would just go to sleep....and as soon as they do...you wan't them to wake up;D.....sometimes I just stand at my sons bedroom door when he is sleeping....and:cry: knowing that God has blessed me with this perfect little angel:embarrass:D........and then the little brat wakes up, screaming for his mommy!!!:heated: lol

I pray everyone here, man and woman get to experience one of Allah's greatest creations....your own children.:D

God be with you......especially for those terrible 2's:phew

Italianguy
02-10-2010, 04:11 AM
I don't know how the fathers of little girls do it? I mean....how do you resist those huge brown eyes staring at you asking for something? I melt at anyones little girl. I don't have a little girl yet but i bet i will get in allot of trouble with my wife for spoiling her. :)

IslamicRevival
02-10-2010, 05:22 AM
.....sometimes I just stand at my sons bedroom door when he is sleeping....and:cry: knowing that God has blessed me with this perfect little angel:embarrass:D........and then the little brat wakes up, screaming for his mommy!!!:heated: lol
Hahaha ;D That made me smile :)

Italianguy
02-10-2010, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Hahaha ;D That made me smile :)
As long as your smilling bro:D:D

God bless.

Amadeus85
02-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Being a dad? That's a future for me, rather further than sooner. But of course it is a great gift in life.

Italianguy
02-12-2010, 02:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
Being a dad? That's a future for me, rather further than sooner. But of course it is a great gift in life.
It is an awesome experience to witness God's creation growing up in front of you. From he day they are born (My son could fit in my hand:statisfie) to 7 years old now. It goes by sooooo quik you don't even realize it. It's seems like it will be tomorow and he will be going of to collegeimsad

One day friend, you will be able to enjoy this experience.

God be with you.

Danah
02-12-2010, 03:10 AM
I don't know how the fathers of little girls do it? I mean....how do you resist those huge brown eyes staring at you asking for something? I melt at anyones little girl. I don't have a little girl yet but i bet i will get in allot of trouble with my wife for spoiling her. :)
They always say that girls are their dads' spoiled kids, I feel that dads can't refuse anything coming from girls unlike boys where they have to question them first in most times. They cant yell at them even if they did something wrong, a small advice is enough to not repeat that again. They can't even hurt their feelings becuase their tears is the worst thing a dad wish to see. You will experience that when you will have your first girl. I remember how my brothers changed really much when they had their first daughters after having boys.

I am not a mom but that is from personal experience with my dad.

Italianguy
02-12-2010, 03:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
They always say that girls are their dads' spoiled kids, I feel that dads can't refuse anything coming from girls unlike boys where they have to question them first in most times. They cant yell at them even if they did something wrong, a small advice is enough to not repeat that again. They can't even hurt their feelings becuase their tears is the worst thing a dad wish to see. You will experience that when you will have your first girl. I remember how my brothers changed really much when they had their first daughters after having boys.

I am not a mom but that is from personal experience with my dad.
I pray I will have a little girl one day:statisfie

My wifes cousin has a little girl....OOOMMMMGGGG she melts my heart, she gets evrything from me, I am so bad. I will take her out (she's 3) for icecream or something and everybody just loves her:D (I have to admit, Indian babies are sooooo cute) Those huge brown eyes cut right through me.:statisfie I hope I don't spoil my little girl to much....your right though, i couldn't bare to see her cry...:cry:

My wife says we wil have Italdian kids;D

Danah
02-12-2010, 07:48 AM
I pray I will have a little girl one day:statisfie

My wifes cousin has a little girl....OOOMMMMGGGG she melts my heart, she gets evrything from me, I am so bad. I will take her out (she's 3) for icecream or something and everybody just loves her:D (I have to admit, Indian babies are sooooo cute) Those huge brown eyes cut right through me.:statisfie I hope I don't spoil my little girl to much....your right though, i couldn't bare to see her cry...:cry:

My wife says we wil have Italdian kids;D
But keep in mind that spoiling a girl among boys will cause you problems with them. They will feel that you are preferring the girl over them which is not a good feeling. So make sure you do it right. I remember how frustrated my brothers felt sometimes when my father do anything I asked for immediately while they need some more time to convince him to get what they wanted.

SweetCherryPie
02-12-2010, 01:58 PM
My eldest brother has 2 daughters and my second brother has one daughter. My third brother has no kids.

All 3 girls are gorgeous! Very articulate and they are aged 4 & 8 (sisters) and 7. Whenever they gather, it's hilarious!

They are very sharp and always have things to say to their parents. I can tell my brothers adore their daughters very much! About a few months ago, my 2nd brother's daughter was really sick and for during that time, it was the 2nd time I saw my brother cried so hard!

I know they are willing to do ANYTHING for the sake of their children. I know it in my heart that I would do anything as well as their aunt.

Children - be it girl or boy - are precious little creatures but oh man, sometimes ... they are so annoying especially at that age (my nieces' ages!) ;D

Italianguy
02-12-2010, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SweetCherryPie
My eldest brother has 2 daughters and my second brother has one daughter. My third brother has no kids.

All 3 girls are gorgeous! Very articulate and they are aged 4 & 8 (sisters) and 7. Whenever they gather, it's hilarious!

They are very sharp and always have things to say to their parents. I can tell my brothers adore their daughters very much! About a few months ago, my 2nd brother's daughter was really sick and for during that time, it was the 2nd time I saw my brother cried so hard!

I know they are willing to do ANYTHING for the sake of their children. I know it in my heart that I would do anything as well as their aunt.

Children - be it girl or boy - are precious little creatures but oh man, sometimes ... they are so annoying especially at that age (my nieces' ages!) ;D
^
Children - be it girl or boy - are precious little creatures but oh man, sometimes ... they are so annoying especially at that age (my nieces' ages!)

;D;D;D;D;D;D

sister herb
02-13-2010, 12:23 AM
:cry:

I hope I could get even one.

imsad

But I am 43. May Allah give me even one.

Italianguy
02-13-2010, 02:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
:cry:

I hope I could get even one.

imsad

But I am 43. May Allah give me even one.
I appologize......I wrote this thread not taking into consideration those who do not have children for reasons unkown or are unable to have children at all.

I didn't mean to make you upsetimsad

I pray one day that God will give you the awesome responsibility of parenthood.

If you don't mind me asking....have you considered adoption?

My wife and I plan on having our own kids, but she wants to adopt also...from India.

God be with you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.