/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you found a winning lottery ticket...

Blackpool
02-04-2010, 02:52 PM
If you picked up a winning Euro lottery ticket of £50million on the floor at your workplace/shop/street which contained the address of the person that purchased the ticket inside the envelope, would you keep it or would you give it back?

Give an honest answer :exhausted

Would your religious conscious overpower greed or vice versa?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Samiun
02-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Either burn it or give it back to the person.

Greed will lead to astray no matter what the situation will be. If I were to win I'll donate the money to the people of Gaza and to those who are in need of money such as the african community

ardianto
02-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Help me to throw away the devil that talks in my head "Take it !, take it !, take it !".

Woodrow
02-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I would never know if I picked one up. I would just pick it up as litter and drop it in the nearest trash bin, without looking close enough at it to determine if it was a winning ticket.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Blackpool
02-04-2010, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I would never know if I picked one up. I would just pick it up as litter and drop it in the nearest trash bin, without looking close enough at it to determine if it was a winning ticket.
You know what sort of question I'm asking... :hmm: The chances of finding one on the floor is almost zero but what if...

ardianto
02-04-2010, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
You know what sort of question I'm asking... :hmm: The chances of finding one on the floor is almost zero but what if...
The chance of finding that lottery ticket on the floor is almost zero.
But the chance of finding a wallet that full of money ?. It's possible to be happen on us.

Woodrow
02-04-2010, 03:57 PM
If for some reason I knew it was a winning ticket. I would immediately burn it. I am radically opposed to gambling in any form and I will do anything non-violent I can do to prevent anybody from profiting from gambling.

cat eyes
02-04-2010, 04:14 PM
:sl:id give it back.. ive always said that of course being in that position i can honestly say i think id get alot of whispers from the shaytan to keep it because i was the one who found it.

ive been in situations where id go shopping and id pay for my stuff at the checkout there have been many times where the cashier gave me extra money back by mistake i had given it back of course but i honestly don't know what id do if ive found a lottery ticket.

i think none of us humans whether we are muslim or not can really trust ourselves and be so sure of ourselves and boast that our imans are so strong and our tawqa is, rather we should make alot of duaa that Allah should protect us from making any wrong errors that could lead us to the helfire. you could be a person who dose good deeds all your life and be a really confident person then u could make one wrong deed and all your good deeds get wiped out and end up in hell for that wrong deed. Allah says he will throw tests and trials on us to see will we slip or not and frankly anyone can.

nobody is save from the temtations of the shayytan
:wa:

Woodrow
02-04-2010, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
The chance of finding that lottery ticket on the floor is almost zero.
But the chance of finding a wallet that full of money ?. It's possible to be happen on us.
I did have that happen to me. I won't disclose the amount of money, but after noticing it was a very thick stack of $100 bills I did not try to count it and set about finding who lost it. There was no personal identification, but I did get the name of a person who was near to where I found it and began my search from there. It took several days, but I found the rightful owner.

Asiyah3
02-04-2010, 04:36 PM
If you picked up a winning Euro lottery ticket of £50million on the floor at your workplace/shop/street which contained the address of the person that purchased the ticket inside the envelope, would you keep it or would you give it back?

Give an honest answer :exhausted

Would your religious conscious overpower greed or vice versa?
Well, you never surely know before you are in the situation or experienced it. But I don't think I could possibly be so ungrateful to Allaah SWT. If I were to keep it then I would have to be extremely insane, literally.

"Their similitude is that of a man who kindled a fire; when it lighted all around him, God took away their light and left them in utter darkness. So they could not see." [Al-baqarah 2:17]

May Allah protect us from the fitnah of this life

Raaina
02-04-2010, 06:56 PM
I'd give it back.

There is no greater result then doing the right thing.
I'm sure that would bring it's own rewards.

Cabdullahi
02-04-2010, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:
ive been in situations where id go shopping and id pay for my stuff at the checkout there have been many times where the cashier gave me extra money back by mistake i had given it back of course but i honestly don't know what id do if ive found a lottery ticket.

:wa:
^ that extra was just extra pennies What if the cashier gave you extra money in the millions?

now we're talking ;D

S<Chowdhury
02-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Give it back of course and if i couldn't find who the owner of the ticket was I'd just give it all to charity

Skavau
02-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Moral to: give it back
Immoral to: burn it (its not yours), keep it

جوري
02-04-2010, 08:23 PM
who do you give it back to, do lottery tickets bear their owners name and address?
destroying it would be best or give it to some reputable charity!

Cabdullahi
02-04-2010, 08:31 PM
donate it to a village in burkina faso and give them dudes the shock of their lives

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
02-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Doesn't belong to me nor does it have the name of its owner, sooooo...

Obliterate it instantly!!:raging:

Life_Is_Short
02-04-2010, 10:05 PM
I would honestly burn it.

Cabdullahi
02-04-2010, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
I would honestly burn it.
^ You'd burn the bus ticket after you quickly put the lottery ticket in your pockets whilst no one was looking - straight greedy business man ''Mr.busharat style'' thats if your pakistani.

Life_Is_Short
02-04-2010, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
^ You'd burn the bus ticket after you quickly put the lottery ticket in your pockets whilst no one was looking - straight greedy business man ''busharat style'' thats if your pakistani.

Huh? :ermm: Was this comment really necessary?

Cabdullahi
02-04-2010, 10:57 PM
^ i'm a little stressed so pardon me its the only way i relieve stress :(

Life_Is_Short
02-04-2010, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
^ i'm a little stressed so pardon me its the only way i relieve stress :(
Take a hike. Fresh air will do you good. (Insh'Allah)

skatteress
02-04-2010, 11:29 PM
burn it.... snicce lotery is not permitted in islam.. or.. charity.. coz i dont think u can waste money like that..

aadil77
02-04-2010, 11:30 PM
lottery is haram and so is taking other peoples property so you know theres nothin else you can do other than leave it there or give it back to the person

Skavau
02-05-2010, 12:05 AM
So I take it those that would burn the ticket because Islam disagrees with gambling, would perhaps destroy one of my metal CDs if they found one on the floor? Would those that would burn it destroy anything they found that was in disagreement with Islam?

'Abd-al Latif
02-05-2010, 12:17 AM
This question reflects nothing more then a desperate lust for this world.

If I found a lottery ticket I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to dispose of it even if I saw the person who lost it. If someone in my family had gambled and won double the amount you mentioned I wouldn't even eat the food that they buy or purchase something even the worth of a penny from that money. I would look for a place I could afford and move out because I refuse to accept anything, even to live under the roof, which is paid by gamble money.

Gamble money sickens me.

This is even before mention the fact that lottery or any other form of gambling is strictly forbidden in Islam.

Lastly this thread seems to be an idle and useless thread so I will be closing it seeing as it has no benefit at all.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.