View Full Version : They now targetting Al-Awlaki, pls keep him in your du3a

جوري
02-04-2010, 03:27 PM
CNN Exclusive: Al-Awlaki's father says son is 'not Osama bin Laden'

By Paula Newton, CNN
January 11, 2010 8:52 a.m. EST

Al Awlaki father speaks

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Father: Anwar al-Awlaki not an al Qaeda member, and can't be tied to acts of terrorism
  • "He has been wrongly accused," Dr. Nasser al-Awlaki says of his son
  • Yemeni officials have said Anwar al-Awlaki is hiding in Yemen with al Qaeda
  • Yemeni officials have claimed he had contact with suspect in failed plane bombing

RELATED TOPICS

Sanaa, Yemen (CNN) -- His anguish apparent, the father of Anwar al-Awlaki told CNN that his son is not a member of al Qaeda and is not hiding out with terrorists in southern Yemen.
"I am now afraid of what they will do with my son, he's not Osama Bin Laden, they want to make something out of him that he's not," said Dr. Nasser al-Awlaki, the father of American-born Islamic cleric Anwar al-Awlaki.
As recently as Sunday, Yemeni officials including provincial governor Al Hasan al-Ahmadi claimed that al-Awlaki was hiding out in the southern mountains of Yemen with al Qaeda.
"He's dead wrong. What do you expect my son to do? There are missiles raining down on the village. He has to hide. But he is not hiding with al Qaeda; our tribe is protecting him right now," insisted al-Awlaki's father in an exclusive interview with CNN.
"My son is (a) wanted man, he's cornered, that's the problem I am facing," al-Awlaki said.
The al-Awlaki family comes from the large and powerful Awalek tribe of southern Yemen. It has many connections to the government of Yemen, including the country's prime minister, who is a relative of the al-Awlaki family.
Recently, Yemeni officials have also claimed that Anwar al-Awlaki had contact with Umar Farouk AbdulMutallab during his stay in Yemen in late 2009. When asked if his son met with the man charged with trying to blow up a U.S.-bound plane on Christmas day, al-Awlaki's father said it's not likely.
"I have no idea but I don't believe it," he said.
But the United States has independent intelligence verifying that AbdulMutallab met with al-Awlaki somewhere in southern Yemen before the Christmas Day bombing attempt, according to a U.S. security official with knowledge of the intelligence.
Even if al-Awlaki is hiding out with his tribe in the mountains of southern Yemen, the official added, authorities have no doubt that he is a member of al Qaeda and is now one of the top five or six operatives in Yemen for the terrorist organization.
The official said al-Awlaki's transformation from inspirational leader to operational recruiter for al Qaeda was first picked up in the early part of 2009.
This official also noted that the United States believes he is still involved in trying to recruit more bombers to launch attacks.
His father, the elder al-Awlaki, is an accomplished academic and had held several positions within the Yemeni government, including minister of agriculture. He first went to the United States as a Fulbright Scholar in the late '60s, and his son Anwar was born there in 1971.
Al-Awlaki says he is doing what he can to coax his son out of hiding, but does not want to jeopardize his son's life.
"I will do my best to convince my son to do this (surrender), to come back but they are not giving me time, they want to kill my son. How can the American government kill one of their own citizens? This is a legal issue that needs to be answered," he said.
"If they give me time I can have some contact with my son but the problem is they are not giving me time," he said.
Al-Awlaki acknowledged his son has espoused some controversial views but all of them, he said, would be protected by freedom of speech provisions in the American Constitution. He denied his son has done anything to encourage terrorists to commit violent acts.
"He is a preacher, you cannot tie Anwar to acts of terrorism," said al-Awlaki.
Al-Awlaki's name surfaced in November when U.S. officials revealed he and Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan -- the U.S. Army psychiatrist accused of fatally shooting 13 people at Fort Hood, Texas, on November 5 -- had exchanged e-mails. The intercepted e-mails between the two, officials said, had not not set off alarm bells.
The cleric recently told Al Jazeera's Arabic-language Web site that he met Hasan nine years ago while serving as an imam at a mosque in the Washington, D.C., area. He said he lauded the Fort Hood attack because it was aimed at troops, whom he accused of fighting an unjust war against Islam.
"It is a military target inside America and there is no dispute over that," Anwar al-Awlaki said. "Also, these military personnel are not ordinary; they were trained and ready to fight and kill oppressed Muslims, and commit crimes in Afghanistan."
When asked why his son would praise Hasan, Nasser al-Awlaki said he did not agree with his son's views.
"I don't think that's right what he said about Major Hasan's actions, but my son has been very upset by the violence against Muslims," said al-Awlaki.
Al-Awlaki does concede his son's views did seem more radical after he spent time in a Yemeni prison from 2006 to 2007 for suspected ties to terrorism. He was released for lack of evidence.
"They put him in jail for 18 months and I detected a change after he got out of prison, he began to get away from the mainstream," al-Awlaki said.
The father also warned that the aggressive hunt for his son and al Qaeda operatives in Yemen using missile strikes will only serve to recruit more members to the organization.
"I don't want those American cowboys to destroy Yemen," said al-Awlaki before conceding that the hunt for al Qaeda in Yemen is now a global concern.
"He has been wrongly accused, it's unbelievable. He lived his life in America, he's an all-American boy. My son would love to go back to America, he used to have a good life in America. Now he's hiding in the mountains, he doesn't even have safe water to drink," al-Awlaki said.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/...her/index.html

They won't rest until they rid this Ummah of its scholars and scientists imsad

يُرِيدُونَ أَن يُطْفِؤُواْ نُورَ اللّهِ بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ وَيَأْبَى اللّهُ إِلاَّ أَن يُتِمَّ نُورَهُ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ {32}
[Pickthal 9:32] Fain would they put out the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah disdaineth (aught) save that He shall perfect His light, however much the disbelievers are averse.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Soulja Girl
02-04-2010, 03:34 PM
:sl:

Am not that surprised... Hafizahullah

:wa:

Supreme
02-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Why doesn't this guy go and live in another Arabic speaking, Muslim country where he's not being targeted?

جوري
02-04-2010, 04:50 PM
He is in Yemen, and he is yemeni, where would you like him to go live?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Donia
02-04-2010, 04:54 PM
They won't rest until they rid this Ummah of its scholars and scientists
imsad

I just read an interesting article yesterday and this kind of supplies evidence for it. SubhanAllah.

JazakAllah sis.

جوري
02-04-2010, 04:56 PM
we can only offer him our du3a insha'Allah..
May Allah swt yunsoroh and yunsur Al'Islam wal moslmeen fi mashariq al'ard wa magharibha

ameen ya rabb thouma ameen

Supreme
02-04-2010, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
He is in Yemen, and he is yemeni, where would you like him to go live?
I thought Muslims didn't have nationalities?

And I would've thought he could go anywhere, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait. There's tonnes of countries out there.

UmmSqueakster
02-04-2010, 05:10 PM
How about some duas for those of us in america, whom he apparently thinks it's ok to kill?

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...959058,00.html

Al-Awlaki said he supported the Christmas attack, but it would have been better if the target was a U.S. military target or plane.

"I support what Umar Farouk did after seeing my brothers in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan being killed," he was quoted as saying. "If it was a military plane or a U.S. military target it would have been better...(but) the American people have participated in all the crimes of their government."

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...#ixzz0eaWPCUfV
Um yeah, I'll make dua that he changes his mind and doesn't wish death upon me :hmm:

جوري
02-04-2010, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
I thought Muslims didn't have nationalities?

And I would've thought he could go anywhere, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait. There's tonnes of countries out there.
They shouldn't have nationalities, and they shouldn't be ruled by oppressors, but the reality differs.
I love how you mention Egypt too, perhaps Egypt should start by letting palis in for medical care food and water before extending itself to an enemy of its beloved allies.
I am pretty sure any of the other countries would only be too glad to give him up.

anyway I am really not looking forward to your comments on this thread, or you addressing him as 'this guy' if you can't show respect to scholars of whom I guarantee you know nothing of, then don't add to fuel to the fire with unnecessary comments!

all the best

جوري
02-04-2010, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UmmSqueakster
How about some duas for those of us in america, whom he apparently thinks it's ok to kill?

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...959058,00.html

Um yeah, I'll make dua that he changes his mind and doesn't wish death upon me :hmm:
Umm. Can you validate this by lectures or speeches or letter from Al Awlaki himself and not the folks targeting him? Also, whatever happened to freedom of speech? I see more killing action from the folks targeting him for a sentence he allegedly made. Being angry over injustice isn't the same as committing acts of injustice!

It isn't OK to bomb entire villages for a comment someone made or aid the enemy to wipe poor civilians the Muslim world over..

sob7an Allah..

UmmSqueakster
02-04-2010, 05:14 PM
It's a quote from an interview he did with al Jazeera.

It was not clear when the interview took place or whether it took place in person. The journalist, one of the few said to have direct contacts with al-Awlaki, previously interviewed the cleric after the Fort Hood shooting.

جوري
02-04-2010, 05:17 PM
It's a quote from an interview he did with al Jazeera.
And even if it took place and wasn't hearsay to justify this endless tyranny, you think for a comment it is OK to rain bombs on people or even target him?
give me a break..
let's not be hypocrites. Go to Daniel Pipes or Spencer sites calling for hatred and death against Muslims around the clock, I don't see any secret intelligence targeting them for that, if anything they're is applauded for it!

sob7an Allah!

UmmSqueakster
02-04-2010, 05:19 PM
And for a comment you think it is OK to rain bombs on people or even target him?
give me a break..
let's not be hypocrites. Go to Daniel Pipes or Spencer sites calling for hatred and death against Muslims around the clock, I don't see any secret intelligence targeting them for that, if anything they're is applauded for it!

sob7an Allah!
You are putting words in my mouth. Did I ever say he should be killed? I simply said I'll be making dua that he changes his mind about wishing me, my husband, my friends, my parents and my siblings (who btw were flying on christmas day through detroit) dead.

جوري
02-04-2010, 05:21 PM
You are putting words in my mouth. Did I ever say he should be killed? I simply said I'll be making dua that he changes his mind about wishing me, my husband, my friends, my parents and my siblings (who btw were flying on christmas day through detroit) dead.
He doesn't wish death upon Muslims umm squeaster. And the people of fort crap were military personnel not civilians and he isn't responsible for their death under either circumstance or those flying over Detroit, I am not seeing a connection!

:w:

UmmSqueakster
02-04-2010, 05:24 PM
He doesn't wish death upon Muslims umm squeaster. And the people of fort crap were military personnel not civilians and he isn't responsible for their death under either circumstance!

assalamu alaikum,

He wished death on americans by saying that it is ok to target civilians. I am an american. Therefore, he wishes death on me.

Narrated Anas (ra): The Prophet (saws) said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one. People asked, "O Allah's Apostle! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others." (Bukhari)

Should I make dua that Imam Anwar continues to do something unislamic in making civilians legitimate targets? Or rather, should I make dua that he changes his mind?

جوري
02-04-2010, 05:29 PM
assalamu alaikum,

He wished death on americans by saying that it is ok to target civilians. I am an american. Therefore, he wishes death on me.

Narrated Anas (ra): The Prophet (saws) said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one. People asked, "O Allah's Apostle! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others." (Bukhari)

Should I make dua that Imam Anwar continues to do something unislamic in making civilians legitimate targets? Or rather, should I make dua that he changes his mind?
You are free to believe as you please Umm. I don't see any oppression in words you can't validate as having been said by him. And sob7an Allah, there is no oppression in dropping bombs on poor villagers half way around the world but there is in speaking up against it!
Truly a sign of the end!

I call upon those Muslims who are familiar with his work, lectures and his person, to at least keep them in their du3a if they can't offer support in any other form. And such is the purpose of this thread.

Supreme
02-04-2010, 05:34 PM
They shouldn't have nationalities, and they shouldn't be ruled by oppressors, but the reality differs.
I love how you mention Egypt too, perhaps Egypt should start by letting palis in for medical care food and water before extending itself to an enemy of its beloved allies.
I am pretty sure any of the other countries would only be too glad to give him up.

anyway I am really not looking forward to your comments on this thread, or you addressing him as 'this guy' if you can't show respect to scholars of whom I guarantee you know nothing of, then don't add to fuel to the fire with unnecessary comments!

all the best

Well I don't know the man! Sorry for not showing respect to him, but he is a mere human being after all! Why not post a link to a reputable website that regards information on his life? I came to this website to be educated, so educate me.

Truly a sign of the end!
Is there any a piece of news that you don't attribute to a sign of 'the end'?

جوري
02-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Well I don't know the man! Sorry for not showing respect to him, but he is a mere human being after all! Why not post a link to a reputable website that regards information on his life? I came to this website to be educated, so educate me.
Here:

http://www.salaattime.com/anwar.html

all the best

UmmSqueakster
02-04-2010, 06:06 PM
You are free to believe as you please Umm. I don't see any oppression in words you can't validate as having been said by him. And sob7an Allah, there is no oppression in dropping bombs on poor villagers half way around the world but there is in speaking up against it!
Truly a sign of the end!
Why does it always have to be either/or? Can't we speak against the wrong done to muslims, and the wrongs done by muslims? Isn't it wrong that he said it was ok to kill innocent people on an airplane? And if it's wrong, then why can't I say so?

I call upon those Muslims who are familiar with his work, lectures and his person, to at least keep them in their du3a if they can't offer support in any other form. And such is the purpose of this thread.

People should be aware of the totality of his works and words, including those that say it's ok to kill innocent civilians. If he continued to do lectures like those about there hereafter and the life of the Prophet (saws) without wishing me dead, I'd be thrilled.

جوري
02-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Why does it always have to be either/or? Can't we speak against the wrong done to muslims, and the wrongs done by muslims? Isn't it wrong that he said it was ok to kill innocent people on an airplane? And if it's wrong, then why can't I say so?
Like I said sister, you are free to think and believe as you please. It is either or, because you are casting doubt upon a Muslim through hearsay!

People should be aware of the totality of his works and words, including those that say it's ok to kill innocent civilians. If he continued to do lectures like those about there hereafter and the life of the Prophet (saws) without wishing me dead, I'd be thrilled.
From where I am standing, I don't think you familiar at all with his person or his lectures, we have jumped from alleged to a conviction in a matter of seconds, sob7an Allah.. whatever the case, I really don't like to have frays with Muslims, so again, I think you are free to think of him as you please..

Salahudeen
02-04-2010, 08:38 PM
They will get rid of any person who speaks out and reveals their agenda and people listen to him. They want puppet scholars.

Supreme
02-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Thank you sister. This is much appreciated.

Out of interest, why did he leave America?

Al-manar
02-04-2010, 09:08 PM
peace

I feel satisfied whenever I find those muslims who control their emotions...

while we all muslims not satisfied by the American aggressive policies ,but that shouldn't mean we should go to the extreme ...

ben laden and his group and those similar to them (taliban,the other similar radical groups,governments etc.....) have gone to the extreme in almost everything ......

they haven't realized yet that the treatment of injustice to muslims is not by destroying others' powers but to build our own power ...

power according to our times is fueled by the word (science),such word which is an alien for his school and those other similar schools...

regards

nebula
02-04-2010, 09:18 PM
scholars of ahlul sunnah wal jammah have warned against anwar al awlaki and refuted him

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
02-04-2010, 09:28 PM

May Allah (swt) protect Imaam Anwar Al Awlaki & his family from the torment of the evil doers & bless him for the gud lectures & other islamic work that he did & we benefit from, Aameen!! imsad

Dagless
02-04-2010, 10:41 PM
I used to listen to this guys lectures and quite liked him. Maybe the time he was held captive without charge has changed him?

جوري
02-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Thank you sister. This is much appreciated.

Out of interest, why did he leave America?
I really don't know.. I love him for his lectures, and he accompanied me through the entire east coast driving between cities.. I'd pop one of his CD's and really appreciate his scholarship..
I think you might enjoy many of his lectures as he doesn't simply concentrate on Muslims, but he talks of many righteous people who came before and of their trials..

peace

جوري
02-04-2010, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
scholars of ahlul sunnah wal jammah have warned against anwar al awlaki and refuted him
in which way did they refute him? that is really news to me!

skatteress
02-04-2010, 11:25 PM
hes my fav speaker!! inshallah.. ill keep him in my prayers

جوري
02-04-2010, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferown
I used to listen to this guys lectures and quite liked him. Maybe the time held he was held captive without charge has changed him?
He has a very sweet personality, I have listened to hours upon hours of his lectures, it is very difficult for me to believe whatever they are charging him with plus you can't really charge people for speaking their mind.. I am not sure, why it is OK to bomb whole villages of civilians in the name of some crap like ridding the world of 'al-qaeda' but to condemn or hate these acts in return turns a scholar into a wanted man..

sob7an Allah

Cabdullahi
02-04-2010, 11:30 PM
He's exposing the Zionists ,Freemason's and Satanists whatever you wanna call them and thats why they want to exterminate him

syilla
02-05-2010, 01:44 AM
The truth he is not the only want who has strong feelings towards those who oppressed muslims, even here in Malaysia theres lots of those sheikh...but do they got caught? Alhamdulillah not for now maybe. But now they are targeting the person who is just using words without any platforms. Just becausee he gave famous lectures... :(

YusufNoor
02-05-2010, 03:09 AM
As Salamu alaykum,

BismiAllah,

there is no doubt that Br Awlaqi is one of the MOST BRILLIANT lecturers on topics within Islam [i'm trying to carefully word this.]

SEEING him is even MORE awe inspiring, his dvd set, which someone bought for me, is mesmerizing! within the first 10 minutes or so, you felt that you were in the company of greatness. i told my [future ex] wife to watch as soon as she could and she went through the whole series twice and Awlaqi is pretty much her favorite lecturer.

Awlaqi IS great as a lecturer, his scholarship comes through in the Q&A sesions.

UNFORTUNATELY, the "West" has been at war with him for quite some time. he WAS unfairly jailed for quite some time. AFTER this time, his blog that he set up, mentioned on the topic of Jihad alot, especially shabaab in Somalia. MANY Muslim scholars have taken the opportunity to distance themselves from his comments on jihad. Awlaqi then began to focus PRIMARILY on Jihad. as Muslims can have different opinions, scholars began to disagree a bit more.

APPARENTLY, Western Intelligence [i know, oxymoronic] began to monitor not only the blog but Awlaqi's email as well. as the "West" comments on Awlaqi, he is often asked to respond to Arabic journalists. his words, whether taken out of context or not, ARE being used a) to target him and b) spread disinformation about him. his personal opinions on some matters are be treated as fatawas on Jihad.

IF you view his comments in the light that they are given, he spends more time defending those who other won't defend. it took me weeks to find the response he had posted on his blog about the Ft Hood shootings. the rightwing radicals can still post it, but if YOU do, EXPECT trouble. his blog was closed down VERY SHORTLY after his comments on the incident were posted.

IF you read his words as a fatwah on Jihad as opposed to a defense of the defenseless, they come of as arrogant and nearly terrorist inspiring. EVERY word that he now speaks is, i'm sure, rushed personally to Pr. Obama and i'm quite certain there is a "Presidential" directive calling for his IMMEDIATE elimination.

he is not allowed to misspeak or to be taken "in context' as his moniker went from Shabaab supporter to Al Qaeda supporter to Al Qaeda recruiter.

whether his views on Jihad or ABSOLUTELY correct or not, others have distanced themselves from his views and that just makes his outstretched neck appear longer. after all, who's going to debate him? where do his "opinions" and his "guidance" part ways? Allahu Aalam? if i misspeak, who cares, if Br Awlaqi does, he is an Al Qaeda supporter, make that recruiter.

we may NEVER know the full truth on his statements as he may not succeed on evading the reach of the US. he is not given the opportunity to "clarify" anything, nor to reword what he has said. i know if i had to consider my words as much as Awlaqi must now, i would not have a chance to ever say much of anything.

we ask Allah to guide us all and to make our words those which please none but Allah.

ask Allah to keep him safe and to grant him the wisdom and the sabr to choose his words more carefully.

i hope this makes some sense.

:wa:

CosmicPathos
02-05-2010, 03:39 AM
Hey American sis Umm squeakster, I hope that sh Anwar al-Awlaki does not need your personal duas. I also hope your allegiance is to Islam than to civilians or nationalities which seems quite unlikely after how you have slandered Sh Al-Awlaki. There are enough pious Muslims who are willing to offer dua for him. And only Allah (swt) accepts or rejects dua.

Those Americans who aid and abate the military in the killing of Muslims knowingly are a target of the resistance movements. Any scholar who denies that, he is let loose of the rope of Prophet Muhammad pbuh.

Someone said "ahlus sunnah wal jamaa" have refuted him. Who is to decide who is Ahlu us Sunna wal Jammah when each deviant sect is its claimant ?:statisfie

Sh Anwar al-Awlaki oozes knowledge. His critique of modernity might not be 100% accurate but his mastery of Islamic scholarship is self-evident. To the extent that I am willing to forgive him even if he made those "american media" statements and if they are SOMEHOW islamically wrong.

Better than average Sh Joes that you find around North America.

If you listen to his other lectures, he has made clear that those American civilians who abhor and dont participate in the sacntioned killing of Muslims, their lives are as precious. But the fact of matter is all of us are participating in it. The tax money we are paying while living in the US might have a blood of a Muslim on it .... :(

He is the voice of Muslims who have suffered. He is the voice that emerges from the suffering lands. His voice's echoes must be understood in the context of the point from where they arise.

Did anyone notice how Umm squester was quick to point out when she misinterpreted Al-Awalki's statements which supposedly pose damage to her life in a relatively peaceful American society? So as a result, she discounts the sheikh's knowledge just cuz her life has been put in jeopardy, SUPPOSEDLY.

Supreme
02-05-2010, 04:46 PM
I really don't know.. I love him for his lectures, and he accompanied me through the entire east coast driving between cities.. I'd pop one of his CD's and really appreciate his scholarship..
I think you might enjoy many of his lectures as he doesn't simply concentrate on Muslims, but he talks of many righteous people who came before and of their trials..

peace

Which ones would you recommend me watching?

جوري
02-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Which ones would you recommend me watching?
Greetings,

well they are audio, so I usually make my CD's for the car but you can listen right from the link:

I think you might like stories from hadiths:

01 - Stories From Hadiths (14MB)

02 - Stories From Hadiths (5MB)

03 - Stories From Hadiths (14MB)

04 - Stories From Hadiths (5MB)

also

Lessons from the life of Prophet Musa (alayhis-salam) better know to you as 'Moses'

Track 01 (7.1MB)

Track 02 (6.9MB)

Track 03 (6.9MB)

Track 04 (6.8MB)

Track 05 (6.5MB)

Track 06 (4.3MB)

Track 07 (5.5MB)

you might also like

Dream Interpretations

17 Rules of Dream Interpretations (64MB)

Dreams in the Quran and Hadith (85MB)

Dreams of the Companions (75MB)

let me know if you enjoyed them and I'll recommend more..

peace

Abdul Qadir
02-05-2010, 04:58 PM
in which way did they refute him? that is really news to me!

This man Anwar-Awlaki is a Khariji and according to Muhammad(sallallaahu'Alaihiwasallam) these people are the dogs of Hell-fire...he has been declared by the grand mufti of Saudi Arabia as a Khariji, and this was the unanimous decision(ijma) amongst the noble scholars of the holy land...we should not listen to him, support him or anything...and here we have some people supporting him, supplicating for him and not only that, but calling others to join in as well...Na'uzhubillah...May Allah preserve the Ahlus Sunnah..

جوري
02-05-2010, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
This man Anwar-Awlaki is a Khariji and according to Muhammad(sallallaahu'Alaihiwasallam) these people are the dogs of Hell-fire...he has been declared by the grand mufti of Saudi Arabia as a Khariji, and this was the unanimous decision(ijma) amongst the noble scholars of the holy land...we should not listen to him, support him or anything...and here we have some people supporting him...May Allah preserve the Ahlus Sunnah..
a kahriji is:

Other narrations regarding the Khwarij state that the Prophet SallAllah-u-Alaihi-wa-Sallam said: There would arise in this nation a people and you would hold insignificant your prayers as compared with their prayers. And they would recite the Qur'an which would not go beyond their throats and would swerve through the Deen (as blank) just as an (swift) arrow passes through the prey. The archer looks at his arrow, at its iron head and glances at its end (which he held) in the tip of his fingers to see whether it had any stain of blood.
[Sahih Muslim: Book 005, Number 2322]

not someone who calls for Muslims to reunite against the kuffar.

sob7an Allah, everyone is so afraid of the word Jihad even if it is in self-defense that they would declare kufr on someone for it.

I too have something to say:

whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should say what is good, or be silent.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim).

Abdul Qadir
02-05-2010, 05:06 PM
http://vodpod.com/watch/2184561-sala...-awlaki-part-1

جوري
02-05-2010, 05:12 PM
That is not a refutation, that is a difference in opinion both evidence based!
The conflict lies in the state of application!

Abdul Qadir
02-05-2010, 05:16 PM
That is not a refutation, that is a difference in opinion both evidence based!
The conflict lies in the state of application!

i dun wanna argue with you...but this is Haqq...u can look at whatever evidences i throw at u in your own interpretations...if ur adamant about what u say is right...then thats personal...it doesn't change other's opinions about this individual and people like him..

جوري
02-05-2010, 05:18 PM
i dun wanna argue with you...but this is Haqq...u can look at whatever evidences i throw at u in your own interpretations...if ur adamant about what u say is right...then thats personal...it doesn't change other's opinions about this individual and people like him..
I don't go by opinion, I go by facts and there is nothing personal about that!... therein lies the difference really between the herd and the Shepards!
You are free to keep him out of your du3a. But you have no say over what others know or do!

CosmicPathos
02-05-2010, 05:32 PM
you are talking about the Talafis? They permit everything by the "will of Allah." Stop slandering the voices. Which scholars on "Haqq" have denounced him. If its Abu Khadija, then I aint surprised dude. By the way, Dr. Al-Jabroo is giving that fatwa from the air conditioned office at Medina University, what would he know of the serenity of fighting the invaders in his country?

Show me the fatawa from ibn Uthaymeen.

Abdul Qadir
02-05-2010, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
you are talking about the Talafis? They permit everything by the "will of Allah." Stop slandering the voices.
watch the link and find out whether is it a salafi or a talafi or whatever who is refuting this dangerous individual...

Abdul Qadir
02-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Show me the fatawa from ibn Uthaymeen.
it beats the purpose coz if ibn Uthaymeen(rahimullah) were to say anything against ur favour then he would automatically be classified as a "talafi" or whatever...

Abdul Qadir
02-05-2010, 05:40 PM

By the way, Dr. Al-Jabroo is giving that fatwa from the air conditioned office at Medina University, what would he know of the serenity of fighting the invaders in his country?
certainly he knows better than you...

CosmicPathos
02-05-2010, 05:53 PM
certainly he knows better than you...
I do not think so especially after he called Al-Awlaki a khariji. Speaks tons about his knowledge of the real world. And how surprising! He gave a ruling on Al-Awlaki by listening to some pissed off caller who might be lying? LOL Show me the tape where al-Awlaki used that example of slave girl to spread killing? He is not dumb and idiot as your ilk and that caller makes him out to be.

UmmSqueakster
02-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Hey American sis Umm squeakster, I hope that sh Anwar al-Awlaki does not need your personal duas. I also hope your allegiance is to Islam than to civilians or nationalities which seems quite unlikely after how you have slandered Sh Al-Awlaki.
How is it slander to quote what a reputable journalist (whom has access to him and has interviewed him in the past)?

And my allegiance is to Allah (swt) and Allah (swt) alone, thank you very much.

Danah
02-05-2010, 07:03 PM
May Allah ease his affairs, I read about him in today's local news paper.

Lynx
02-05-2010, 07:03 PM
How is it slander to quote what a reputable journalist (whom has access to him and has interviewed him in the past)?

And my allegiance is to Allah (swt) and Allah (swt) alone, thank you very much.
There's a trend amongst some Muslims, not all, that there should be no criticisms of any 'famous' Muslim so long as there is a western force to be criticized instead. So of course you will have people here telling you that you are slandering him because he is being targeted by western forces it automatically makes him the victim. It's quite sad that people responded to your concerns the way they did Lol.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
02-05-2010, 07:09 PM

This thread turned out to be so refuting!! It wasn't created for that rather it was to show the plight of our fellow Muslim & request your du'a!!

Is this the type of response we should give to our fellow muslims??

No wonder we're treated in this way by the west, coz we fail to support our fellow bros & sis in the time of their needs.. Du'a takes nothing from us, it doesn't cost us a 'penny' to seek Allah's help for our fellow muslim..

Get Rid of the HATRED ppl!!

no1 knows when it'll b their day...

May Allah (swt) guide us & protect Imam Al Awlaki & his family from the hands of the 'mighty traitors', Aameen!!

aadil77
02-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Imam anwar al awlaki has given loads of good lectures but he does have his views of support for suicide bombings, jihad against muslim gov'ts etc but lets ignore that as its irrelevant, he's still our muslim brother so we should be praying for him.

aamirsaab
02-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Ok guys, no need for personal insults. Sticking to the topic, pleasing.

As far as justice is concerned, such a thing doesn't exist. I found that out recently.

جوري
02-05-2010, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lynx
There's a trend amongst some Muslims, not all, that there should be no criticisms of any 'famous' Muslim so long as there is a western force to be criticized instead. So of course you will have people here telling you that you are slandering him because he is being targeted by western forces it automatically makes him the victim. It's quite sad that people responded to your concerns the way they did Lol.
There is no criticism or praise request in this thread, since that isn't the purpose for which it was created.
Certainly the west deserves much criticism for it seems to exempt itself from what it is staunchly and sanctimoniously preaches against not just by shutting any voice of dissent but raiding villages and bombing innocent civilians under false banners. No one likes Al'awlaki because he is a 'famous Muslim' It is so like an untrained westerner to lower things down to a sophomoric platform that goes great with his pork rinds and monday night football , and perhaps that precisely why alleged terrorist cells are popping up before you can blink. Perhaps if you managed some semblance of understanding you can stand somewhere closer to a solution than a deranged polar opposite.

Please don't feel free to give your superficial analysis and support those who share it, not out of being learned no, never, not out of having heard one side and the other, but through the same clumsy carpet bombing means we are so accustomed.

Again, the purpose of this thread is to offer du3a for him in his plight.. anything else will not be tolerated by me..

with that I hope a mod closes this thread, and I hope it reached enough of those who appreciate his scholarship!

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
02-05-2010, 07:43 PM
^^Very well said & appreciated!! This thread need to be closed!!

BarakAllahu Feeki Habibti!!

Wasalaamu Alaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.