/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my friend involved in Jummah prayer?

AnonymousPoster
02-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Salaam brothers and sisters,

Recently, at college I found out they do Jummah prayer so Insha'Allah I will start to go. However, I told my friend that we should really start praying on fridays as I myself can't get to the mosque on time. My friend then said, if I wanted to pray on Friday, I would go to my mosque as he is a Shia and I am a Sunni. I go, why don't you pray at your local mosque as it's closer to the college, he then goes "Because I am always with you." I thought to myself all you have to say is I'm going to start praying at my mosque on Fridays and I would've been alright with it.

I'm not entirely sure why he does not want to pray Jummah at college on a Friday. I mean so many Muslims go but the majority of them are Sunni. Is he embarressed?

Jazak..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mohamed M
02-08-2010, 08:18 PM
I also had a friend who did not read his friday namaaz, all i did was force him to, and i reminded him of the good things allah will do if he goes, and the bad things that might happen if he misses it without a valid reason.

i dont see the difference between sunni's and shias', i dont mind which mosque i go to as long as i read my namaaz, how about you go to his mosque with him? you will get extra reward

ahmed_indian
02-14-2010, 06:50 AM
tell him that praying jumuah is fard. give him some articles on importance of friday prayer.

also about paradise and hell to soften his heart. and make duas.

ardianto
02-14-2010, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed_indian
tell him that praying jumuah is fard. give him some articles on importance of friday prayer.

also about paradise and hell to soften his heart. and make duas.
You didn't notice the point of OP's post.

His friend does not want to pray Jumaah at college because majority of Muslims who pray Jumaah at that college are Sunni and his friend is Shia. And I guess the Imam is also Sunni.

Some (or maybe many) Shia scholars forbid the ummah pray behind or together with Sunni.

Also, some (or maybe many) Sunni scholars forbid the ummah pray behind or together with Shia.

Sad, but this is a reality.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
03-02-2010, 04:24 PM
I checked on the internet at what time his Jummah prayer starts at his mosque. It says the khutbah is at 12:20pm. If we finish college at 1pm how is he meant to pray Jummah? Is he embarressed to not pray with Sunni Muslims. Their are many shiites that pray with us at school with no problem.

zana
03-02-2010, 04:31 PM
isnt all prays just as important as fridays?

AnonymousPoster
03-02-2010, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zana
isnt all prays just as important as fridays?
Yeah of course sis, I'm just saying that he should be involved.

ardianto
03-04-2010, 08:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I checked on the internet at what time his Jummah prayer starts at his mosque. It says the khutbah is at 12:20pm. If we finish college at 1pm how is he meant to pray Jummah? Is he embarressed to not pray with Sunni Muslims. Their are many shiites that pray with us at school with no problem.
Can't he gets a dispensation to leave the college earlier in every Friday because he must pray in juma'ah prayer ?.

I remember when I was in high school, I had a Advent Christian classmate. My school allowed her to off every Saturday because her religion forbids her to go to school in Sabbath. Even she got another day for exam when exam was in Saturday.

Just wondering. If my high school that dominated by Muslims could gave a dispensation for non-Muslim, why non-Muslim school cannot give a same dispensation to Muslim ?.

Sampharo
03-04-2010, 10:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
My friend then said, if I wanted to pray on Friday, I would go to my mosque as he is a Shia and I am a Sunni.
This appears to be the heart of why your friend does not wish to pray at that mosque, so there's no need to explore other thoughts. Your friend is obviously a fully practicing Shia, which means they don't pray behind Sunni's congregation prayers, and he would prefer a shia sermon where they hear glorifications of their mulal and Imams and speak ill of companions.

You should focus more on making dawah to this brother and advise him, show him the proofs from Quran and hadiths that he may go back to the path of Ahlu Sunnah and the authentic record of the prophet -s.a.a.w.-, and pray that Allah delivers him from this innovation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.