/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prophet Solomon - History

n21naz
02-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi could anyone please share the History behind our beloved prophet King Solomon (PBUH)

has anyone watched the christian movie based on his life? If so how much of it is true. Did he really marry pharaohs daughter? what significance does the temple of Solomon have in Islam. also is it true that the Al-Aqsa Masjid was built on top of King Solomons temple? Before the death of King Solomon did he really sway away from Allah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
02-04-2010, 11:49 PM
"Suleiman (Solomon) did not disbelieve, but the devils disbelieved teaching men magic" (2:102)

aadil77
02-04-2010, 11:51 PM
yes bruv you can find history on all the prophets mentioned in the Quran in the 'prophets of islam' section

http://www.islamicboard.com/prophets...n-solomon.html

aadil77
02-04-2010, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by n21naz
has anyone watched the christian movie based on his life? If so how much of it is true. Did he really marry pharaohs daughter? what significance does the temple of Solomon have in Islam. also is it true that the Al-Aqsa Masjid was built on top of King Solomons temple? Before the death of King Solomon did he really sway away from Allah?
I don't think we know much about his temple from the quran.

But about him disbelieving, do you think thats possible? You'll only find nonsense like that in the bible, keep your iman firm bro.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
n21naz
02-05-2010, 12:09 AM
thank u all. I was more interested in finding out about Solomons temple as it is believed that is where the false messiah will come from. I understand that Solomon buried all the books of magic there and those where found once he died. but what has Solomons temple got to do with calling of the false messiah?

Life_Is_Short
02-05-2010, 12:21 AM
This is what i know.

Solomon (alayhi salam) was son of David (alayhi salam). When David (alayhi salam) died and was succeeded by his son Solomon (alayhi salam) as ruler of the Jewish dynasty. Allah made elements of nature-such as the wind-subject to him, and put geniuses, birds and animals at his service. Solomon (alayhi salam) passed away, his dynasty disintegrated and was divided among his children.

Solomon (alayhi salam) built the first temple, and even today Jews are proud of its existence. What is for certain, according to the official Islamic sources, is that Solomon (alayhi salam) had renovated an original place of worship, a "Mosque" of Jerusalem, but he did not build any temple. The word "temple" came from books that were altered by the Isralites, who do not base their claims on any proof or documentation.
The texts indicate that the Temple was built somewhere close to the Mosque of Jerusalem, but there is no specific date or any evidence to its exact location.

aadil77
02-05-2010, 12:26 AM
thank u all. I was more interested in finding out about Solomons temple as it is believed that is where the false messiah will come from. I understand that Solomon buried all the books of magic there and those where found once he died. but what has Solomons temple got to do with calling of the false messiah?
I haven't read anything about the 'books of magic' or the false messiah, prophet sulaiman never performed magic only miracles given to him by Allah, the magic was given as a choice to the people of israel as a test from Allah to see if they were true believers, two angels harut and marut would give a choice to the people to go and learn magic from the shayateen but at the cost of disbelief.

I don't think we have enough knowledge about these matters from any islamic sources, so its best not to believe in what you've seen from a christian perspective movie.

Life_Is_Short
02-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Historians cast doubt on the veracity of what has been stated about the Temple, because the Holy Scriptures were not written until seven hundred years after the death of Moses (alayhi salam). During this time, these writings suffered several alterations and modifications that are admitted even by the Jewish priests themselves.

n21naz
02-05-2010, 12:42 AM
life is short -thank u for ur explanation

Solomon did not practice Magic but the people did. he took the magic books away and buried them (this is my understanding but do not quote me as I'm trying to learn about his history myself)

n21naz
02-05-2010, 12:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I haven't read anything about the 'books of magic' or the false messiah, prophet sulaiman never performed magic only miracles given to him by Allah, the magic was given as a choice to the people of israel as a test from Allah to see if they were true believers, two angels harut and marut would give a choice to the people to go and learn magic from the shayateen but at the cost of disbelief.

I don't think we have enough knowledge about these matters from any islamic sources, so its best not to believe in what you've seen from a christian perspective movie.

The false messiah will come at the end of time, he will tell us that he is the true messiah. The true believers will follow Jesus (PBUH) and the majority of the people will follow the false messiah. the conspiracy theory behind this is. that under the Al-aqsa masjid Satan worshippers (freemasons) are building Solomons temple which is the promised land to them where the false messiah will come from.

I hope I'm making sense, has anyone watched the Documentary "the Arrivals" ?

Asiyaah
02-05-2010, 01:02 AM
as-salam alaykum,
I hope this isn't too off topic .... Is magic in Islam commanding the jinn to do your will? Why would the jinn do what a magician tells it to?

Life_Is_Short
02-05-2010, 01:07 AM
life is short -thank u for ur explanation

Solomon did not practice Magic but the people did. he took the magic books away and buried them (this is my understanding but do not quote me as I'm trying to learn about his history myself)
And how the secret society uses this knowledge to communicate to shaytan and promote Dajal. I've heard this in many documentaries & movies too but there is no evidence for this, as far as i know.

I've read in a book written by a Muslim that many soldiers and bricklayers were said to have built the alleged temple. They were later known as "Masons", in other words, bricklayers. That is where the word "Masonry" comes from, origionally taken to mean "builders of the temple". This fact has been documented in the Jewish Holy Scriptures, and in the western books, prior even to the Arab ones. However, there was no mention of stealing of magic books that might have been buried beneath the temple by the Masons. (since they knew their way around the temple)

I advice you to refer to Quran and the Suna that has already related many details about the events of destruction of the temple and reigns of David and his son Solomon.

Other than that no Islmic source/book mentions anything about Devil worship etc, as far as i know.

Alpha Dude
02-05-2010, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaira
as-salam alaykum,
Is magic in Islam commanding the jinn to do your will? Why would the jinn do what a magician tells it to?
Wa alaykum salam,

To my knowledge, there are different kinds of magic. Some can be done by the help of jinn and others without.

There could be a number of different reasons why a jinn would help. The most promoted one I've heard is how magicians worship the jinns and so that makes them feel important and want to do the magician's bidding.

Jinns live in tribes. If a magician conjures the king of a tribe somehow, he can ask him for help by exalting him and the king would command the jinns in his tribe to do what the magician says, even if these jinn don't want to.

From what I've read, magicians are never stress free. Jinns will always bother them or their families to get revenge.

waqas maqsood
02-08-2010, 04:47 AM
I saw something about this on 'The Arrival'..

Best to avoid such ideas and conspiracies.

Supreme
02-08-2010, 05:24 PM
I personally think Soloman was a very wise man, whose Holy Temple was so majestic, numerous architects have tried since to surpass it. I only think the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul has ever managed to rival it. Upon its completion, Emperor Justinian famously muttered 'Soloman, I have surpassed thee'.

abu_musab461
02-10-2010, 11:56 PM
It should be noted that Sulayman did not have a temple- if anything it was a mosque where Allah (swt) was worshipped.

Unfortunatly what the Isreali people want to do is "rebuild" the so called Temple of Sulayman so they can commit shirk and increase in thier sin and transgression against God by indulging in Kabala, magic. and worship the devil .

Supreme
02-11-2010, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu_musab461
It should be noted that Sulayman did not have a temple- if anything it was a mosque where Allah (swt) was worshipped.

Unfortunatly what the Isreali people want to do is "rebuild" the so called Temple of Sulayman so they can commit shirk and increase in thier sin and transgression against God by indulging in Kabala, magic. and worship the devil .
A mosque is a temple. You do know that a temple is a place of worship, right? Soloman built a Temple, and if you could provide me with any evidence that shirk was ever comitted at the Holy Temple, I would be grateful.

abu_musab461
02-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Sorry how is a temple same as a mosque (masjid)?

That's like saying a church is the same as a mosque.

The two are worlds apart.

Yes they might be places of worship- but the worship of who? or what?

A temple according to our definition is a place where people associate partners with Allah (swt), sacrifices and offering are made to others along with God, statues are worshiped or taken as intermediates, food is offered to thier idols and so many other forms of shirk takes place.

How do you think the Jews Learned the Art of magic aka Kabala? They found the books that Sulayman (as) confiscated from the shayateen and placed under his throne. No jinn could come near his throne except they would burn to ashes.

Then Iblis inspired the people to looked under Sulayman (as)'s throne after he dies.
And thus it was the devils who gave out magic in the time of Sulayman and he was not a disbeliever.

So magic is a form of shirk that in order to do one must worship the devil and do blasphemous deed.

Do you think the Jewish people restricted thier ritual kabalah to thier homes?

I think not.

Supreme
02-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Sorry how is a temple same as a mosque (masjid)?

That's like saying a church is the same as a mosque.
A temple (from the Latin word templum) is a structure reserved for religious or spiritual activities, such as prayer and sacrifice, or analogous rites
A temple is a place of worship for anything or anybody, including mosques and churches. However, the Temple Soloman built is popularly referred to as the Holy Temple, which could mean it was a mosque.

A temple according to our definition is a place where people associate partners with Allah (swt), sacrifices and offering are made to others along with God, statues are worshiped or taken as intermediates, food is offered to thier idols and so many other forms of shirk takes place.
Oh wait, I thought we were talking about the English definition.

How do you think the Jews Learned the Art of magic aka Kabala? They found the books that Sulayman (as) confiscated from the shayateen and placed under his throne. No jinn could come near his throne except they would burn to ashes.
Ok, just to clarify: I don't think the Jews learnt the art of magic full stop, and if there's any historical evidence they did, I repeat my request to see it.

Do you think the Jewish people restricted thier ritual kabalah to thier homes?
No, I just think you're exaggerating kabalah and making it into something it isn't. It's part in Judaism is, as far as I understand, minor at best.

abu_musab461
02-14-2010, 03:13 AM
ok don't take my word for it research kabalah and let me know what u think. thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.