/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how can i repent?? pls help

AnonymousPoster
02-05-2010, 05:00 AM
i was born a Muslim but i only learned to pray like 6 months ago..so i'm not quite aware of "everything" there is in Islam...

so how does repenting go exactly? like...do we repent while we pray, is it just asking forgiveness and admitting our sin, or should we just stop whatever wrong we're doing and decide not to do it again?

thanks for replying

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
02-05-2010, 07:34 AM
:sl:

You can do salah sunnah in 2 raka'ah with 'niah' (intention) as salah taubah. Then continue with recite surah Ali Imran, ayaah 135-136.

Of course, you must stop do something wrong, and start a new life as a good Muslim.

:)

'Abd-al Latif
02-05-2010, 08:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
i was born a Muslim but i only learned to pray like 6 months ago..so i'm not quite aware of "everything" there is in Islam...

so how does repenting go exactly? like...do we repent while we pray, is it just asking forgiveness and admitting our sin, or should we just stop whatever wrong we're doing and decide not to do it again?

thanks for replying
There are a number of ways to repent.

Every obligatory prayer expiates the sins between it and the next prayer so long as you avoided major sins. There is also a nafil (optional) prayer called salat al tawbah (Prayer of repentance) which you pray after committing a sin.

Giving sadaqa (charity).

Asking Allah to forgive you by saying astaghfirullah (I seek the forgiveness of Allah), the Prophet :saws1: used to seek the forgiveness of Allah 100 times a day.

Do a lot of good deeds and be consistent in doing them because the Prophet :saws1: said that good deeds erase the bad deeds.

Observe voluntary fasts.

Attend Islamic circles that mention and remember the name of Allah.

There are many more ways which I can type up if you want me to.

Mujahidah4Allah
02-05-2010, 11:41 PM

There are also conditions of tawbah:

a] He should refrain from committing more sins
b] He should feel ashamed for what he has done
c] He should resolve not to indulge in such sins repeatedly

The repentance will remain imperfect if any of the conditions are left out. If the sin is in relation to any person then there's an addition to these three:

d]Hand over any property to its owner. If he slandered anyone he must beg for pardon. If he indulged in backbiting of someone then seek forgiveness and get it remitted.

wa/salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
02-05-2010, 11:58 PM

You may find the following helpful Insha'Allaah:

http://www.islamhouse.com/p/1321

Some other links here: http://www.islamhouse.com/p/219139

The following site also has a lot of material on this topic in the Repentance section: http://www.abdurrahman.org/

And another good site: http://www.kalamullah.com/hearts.html

Mohamed M
02-07-2010, 06:10 PM
there are many ways to repent. but like you, i was also born a muslim but i sadly know just about nothing in islam. All i know is the most impmortant rules and the basics to islam. Allah accepts every form of repenting. My way might be suitable for you at the moment if you are learning about islam, what i do is i stay up late at night, i read 2 raka'ah nafil namaaz with the intention for forgiveness, then i make dua. i first read bismillah, then ask allah for forgiveness, then i say the prophet muhammed pbuh name 3 times then i end the dua. inshallah my dua gets accepted.

maby you should try that, and by all means listen to what the other muslims have to say, but if you dont understand, try my way and slowly learn.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.