/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which blood type are you?

Asiyah3
02-05-2010, 08:28 PM
:sl:

Which blood type are you?

I am AB, Al-hamdulilLah :statisfie
I'll be looking forward to the poll-results.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
02-05-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm O Alhamdulillah:)!! Rich blood:D

Cabdullahi
02-05-2010, 08:32 PM
i haven't got a clue

Woodrow
02-05-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm common A

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
02-05-2010, 08:35 PM
B-.................................................. ..........

Asiyah3
02-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Uh yes, I never thought about the plus/minus. What's the difference between them?

جوري
02-05-2010, 08:38 PM
oh it makes all the difference in the world if you are a female of child bearing age..
google RH factor.. :D

:w:

S<Chowdhury
02-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Im AB +........... :statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-05-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't know what I am. Never knewwwwwwwww. I wana knowwwwwwwwwww :/

Asiyah3
02-05-2010, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S<Chowdhury
Im AB +........... :statisfie
Please stop joking! :raging: I've always been the only one in a group... :cry:

Shahreaz
02-05-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm also AB+ :D

Asiyah3
02-05-2010, 08:46 PM
^This must be a conspiracy!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-05-2010, 08:47 PM
lol sis, there are tons of ppl in da world...u cant be the only AB :P lol xx

S<Chowdhury
02-05-2010, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _muslim_
Please stop joking! :raging: I've always been the only one in a group... :cry:
HAHA ;D 1 person in 67 HAS AB + BLOOD TYPE

People with Blood type AB positive comprise 3-1/2% of the population. People with this type of Blood are universal recipients. This means that they can be transfused with any type of Blood in emergency situations............http://www.bloodbook.com/type-facts.html

CosmicPathos
02-05-2010, 08:59 PM
there's nothing cool with being of one blood group and of not other. That being said I do not know which one I am. AB is rare because you need both alleles for A and B in your chromosomes. But if AB marries AB, 50% of children will have AB, so its not rare in such situations.

Asiyah3
02-05-2010, 09:13 PM
HAHA ;D 1 person in 29 HAS AB + BLOOD TYPE
Actually 1 person in 67:statisfie (see the question was asked in two different classes)

S<Chowdhury
02-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Actually 1 person in 67:statisfie (see the question was asked in two different classes)
:embarrass woops anyway its nice to know your not the only one with a blood type AB+

CosmicPathos
02-05-2010, 09:31 PM
I disagree.

Yeah, someone's gonna be v-e-e-e-ry lucky, insha'lLah.
what is this disagreement based on? if its not based on logic and reason then I do not really care. Finding something cool in being of one blood group and not other is finding something cool in being, lets say, Punjabi and not black. I could be a black human born in Africa but does that mean I would not feel cool then as I do now for being South Asian? No. If someone with AB+ feels cool and unique, a person with A+ CAN feel the same thing and NO ONE has the right to say that one group is "unique/cooler" than the other. Somethings are unique in biological sense because they are rare but again, rarity does not mean that only ONE individual has that phenotype.

Anyways, its pointless to debate which blood group is cool. Seems to be a child-activity?

Cheers.

S<Chowdhury
02-05-2010, 09:32 PM
In Japan it is commonly known that your blood type reveals your true personality and compatibility with others..........

Blood type AB:
The Rationalist
Positive qualities:
Popular, Sociable, Cool and Controlled.
Negative qualities:
Forgetful, Critical, Indecisive, Irresponsible and Self-centered.
Compatibility:
AB is compatible with all other blood types. (A, B, AB, and O)
Famous people with the same blood type:
John F. Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe, Mick Jagger, Thomas Edison, Jackie Chan.

http://www.2-4.com/en/

CosmicPathos
02-05-2010, 09:36 PM
In Japan it is commonly known that your blood type reveals your true personality and compatibility with others..........

Blood type AB:
The Rationalist
Positive qualities:
Popular, Sociable, Cool and Controlled.
Negative qualities:
Forgetful, Critical, Indecisive, Irresponsible and Self-centered.
Compatibility:
AB is compatible with all other blood types. (A, B, AB, and O)
Famous people with the same blood type:
John F. Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe, Mick Jagger, Thomas Edison, Jackie Chan.

http://www.2-4.com/en/
lol. that is superstition. Except AB being compatible with other groups. AB is a universal acceptor. Thats the only compatibility I can see?
"People with AB+ can only donate to other AB+s, their blood is good to nobody else." Thanks God, I can benefit someone non-AB+ since I am not AB+, thats for sure. I do not know the exact group though.

S<Chowdhury
02-05-2010, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
lol. that is superstition. Except AB being compatible with other groups. AB is a universal acceptor. Thats the only compatibility I can see?
Of course its superstition, just a bit of a laugh like horoscopes no1 seriously believes it

Asiyah3
02-05-2010, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
what is this disagreement based on? if its not based on logic and reason then I do not really
Well, based on the fact that they are universal recipients; "Conversely, AB plasma can be given to patients of any ABO blood group due to not containing any anti-A or anti-B antibodies."

Also like S<Chowdhury said they can be transfused with any type of Blood in emergency situations.

Anyways, its pointless to debate which blood group is cool. Seems to be a child-activity?
I never said we're "unique"/better or anything, but generally AB is the most handy :)

Edit: Guys, please don't take my sayings literally. I'm just in a humorious&playful mood. I absolutely apologize if I've said something wrong or offensive. My intention wasn't that or to show off. Sorry.

Somaiyah
02-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Assalamo alaykom,

I am none of these. I "am" RH-.

Woodrow
02-06-2010, 12:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by J Aaliyah
Assalamo alaykom,

I am none of these. I "am" RH-.
the RH is the Rhesus factor not the blood type. A (-) means the RH factor is not present, a (+) means it is present.

Like my blood type is A and I am RH+ so that makes me A+

'Abdul Rahmaan
02-06-2010, 12:59 AM
AB

Not sure about the RH factor.

islamlover_girl
02-06-2010, 01:02 AM
I am B +

جوري
02-06-2010, 01:36 AM
check out this thread.....(BLOOD TYPING SYSTEMS OTHER THAN ABO)

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...tml#post998918

Grofica
02-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Im O+!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grofica
02-06-2010, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=_muslim_;1288850]Well, based on the fact that they are universal recipients; "Conversely, AB plasma can be given to patients of any ABO blood group due to not containing any anti-A or anti-B antibodies." QUOTE]

sorry sis but i think you are confused please see the blood compatability chart

AB can ONLY give to AB

Grofica
02-06-2010, 02:16 PM
O blood types

The O blood type (usually resulting from the absence of both A and B alleles) is very common around the world. About 63% of humans share it. Type O is particularly high in frequency among the indigenous populations of Central and South America, where it approaches 100%. It also is relatively high among Australian Aborigines and in Western Europe (especially in populations with Celtic ancestors). The lowest frequency of O is found in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, where B is common.

Grofica
02-06-2010, 02:16 PM
B Blood Types

This can be seen with the global frequency patterns of the type B blood allele (shown in the map below). Note that it is highest in Central Asia and lowest in the Americas and Australia. However, there are relatively high frequency pockets in Africa as well. Overall in the world, B is the rarest ABO blood allele. Only 16% of humanity have it.

Grofica
02-06-2010, 02:18 PM
A Blood Types

The A blood allele is somewhat more common around the world than B. About 21% of all people share the A allele. The highest frequencies of A are found in small, unrelated populations, especially the Blackfoot Indians of Montana (30-35%), the Australian Aborigines (many groups are 40-53%), and the Lapps, or Saami people, of Northern Scandinavia (50-90%). The A allele apparently was absent among Central and South American Indians.

Asiyah3
02-06-2010, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
Well, based on the fact that they are universal recipients; "Conversely, AB plasma can be given to patients of any ABO blood group due to not containing any anti-A or anti-B antibodies." QUOTE]

sorry sis but i think you are confused please see the blood compatability chart

AB can ONLY give to AB

Dunno, I copied that from wikipedia...

★ηαѕιнα★
02-06-2010, 03:03 PM
I thought blooddonation was Haraam? Thought of donating for a while, discussed it with my parents and they were all like: no and its Haraam and stuff. Is it?
And what about organ donations? Her in Holland there has actually been a discussion about muslims not wanting to donate but using donated organs themselves when they need em.

Does anybody know?

Salaam alaikom

Somaiyah
02-06-2010, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
the RH is the Rhesus factor not the blood type. A (-) means the RH factor is not present, a (+) means it is present.

Like my blood type is A and I am RH+ so that makes me A+
Hm I've always been told I am that above, but then I have no idea. And I don't really care either lol...

ardianto
02-06-2010, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ★ηαѕιнα★
I thought blooddonation was Haraam? Thought of donating for a while, discussed it with my parents and they were all like: no and its Haraam and stuff. Is it?
There is no prohibition in Islam for Muslim who want to donate his/her bloods. Even, according to many Ulama, blood donation is considered as charity and the donor will get reward.

ardianto
02-06-2010, 03:22 PM
My daddy : A+
My mummy : O+
My brother : A+
My sisters : A+

Me : A+
My wife : A+
My sons : A+

For your information : 99.5% of Indonesians have bloods with Rh+. And it becomes a problem for Indonesian with Rh- when they need blood.

happy
02-06-2010, 03:34 PM
i don't know.

Al-manar
02-06-2010, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
check out this thread.....(BLOOD TYPING SYSTEMS OTHER THAN ABO)

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...tml#post998918
I have type A+ ,I wonder upon what basis such blood group took the letter A?

جوري
02-06-2010, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-manar
I have type A+ ,I wonder upon what basis such blood group took the letter A?
you have to be 'anti' the other stuff to be what you are..
yes even blood is discriminant..

Al-manar
02-06-2010, 07:09 PM
you have to be 'anti' the other stuff to be what you are..
yes even blood is discriminant..

yes, but why the group A ...took the letter A ...is it random or based on something.....

:wa:

جوري
02-06-2010, 07:12 PM
did you read this from the link?

In 1901 Karl Landsteiner discovered that when the Blood of one human being was transfused with that of another human being, differences in their Blood might well be the cause of shock, jaundice, and the Blood disorder hemoglobinuria that had resulted through earlier Blood transfusions.
Landsteiner classified human Blood into A, B, and O groups and demonstrated that transfusions between humans of group A or B did not result in the destruction of new Blood cells and that this catastrophe occurred only when a person was transfused with the Blood of a person belonging to a different group. A fourth main Blood type, AB was found in 1902 by A. Decastrello and A. Sturli.

From that time, differing Blood typing systems have been devised. Historically the naming of Blood grouping systems has been disorganized. The common conventions stipulating that dominant traits be given capital letters and recessive traits be designated with lower case letters have not been followed. Also by tradition, red cell antigens were given alphabetical designations or were named after the family of the antibody producer.

Al-manar
02-06-2010, 07:17 PM
did you read this from the link?

From that time, differing Blood typing systems have been devised. Historically the naming of Blood grouping systems has been disorganized. The common conventions stipulating that dominant traits be given capital letters and recessive traits be designated with lower case letters have not been followed. Also by tradition, red cell antigens were given alphabetical designations or were named after the family of the antibody producer.

thanx that was helpful

جوري
02-06-2010, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-manar

thanx that was helpful

my pleasure..

tango92
02-06-2010, 07:31 PM
my blood is red

Raudha
02-06-2010, 09:00 PM
I am A+

Although I must admit I don't see the point of this thread :X

Are we trying to identify the blue-blooded among us? And how exactly will it help if we do find anyone?

Beardo
02-07-2010, 02:45 AM
I'm one of those four blood types. I can't remember which one. I should ask my parents...

sister herb
02-07-2010, 02:58 AM
I am AB+

:statisfie

Italianguy
02-07-2010, 04:39 AM
I am a type "O", bro. CAn't remember if negative or positive though? ...but i am a pretty positive dude so i will say positive :)

Grofica
02-07-2010, 04:45 AM
wow there are so many people in here that dont know their blood type! i know mine and i think i remember my hubby's and i know my son's i forgot my mom and dad's though...

thats such an important thing to know what if something happened??? and someone needed blood?

Italianguy
02-07-2010, 04:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
wow there are so many people in here that dont know their blood type! i know mine and i think i remember my hubby's and i know my son's i forgot my mom and dad's though...

thats such an important thing to know what if something happened??? and someone needed blood?
I know some people, especially in the armed forces that tape their blood type to their boot...just in case they don't make it back aliveimsad

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-07-2010, 04:56 AM
I am O+...:)

Grofica
02-07-2010, 04:57 AM
but in the armed forces blood type goes on your dog tags :D

Rabi Mansur
02-07-2010, 05:36 AM
I am O+...

Me too. O positive.

Grofica
02-07-2010, 05:41 AM
Im sticking close to the other O+ people in here ha ha ha hah aha h aha

Muezzin
02-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Which blood type are you?
The red type.

But really, I don't know.

format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
I know some people, especially in the armed forces that tape their blood type to their boot...just in case they don't make it back alive
Isn't that information on soldiers' dogtags?

ژاله
02-07-2010, 06:24 PM
i am AB+ , the universal recipient. :statisfie

AlbanianMuslim
02-07-2010, 08:36 PM
ppl who r type O r lucky i hear

Woodrow
02-07-2010, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
The red type.

It is but dog tags get lost very easily. El Cheapo chain.

Actually the chain is made very flimsy and breaks easy on purpose, keep it from strangling you in the event it gets caught on something.

Italianguy
02-07-2010, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
The red type.

Yes i think it is now? But i know a few that still do it. Why i don't know? I know some who even have a letter to their family in their pocket just in case they don't make itimsad The one who finds them is supposed to send it to their family...That would be so hard for me to doimsad

Italianguy
02-07-2010, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
my blood is red
LOL, thats a good type to have;D I would be a little weirded out if you said green blood.

Muhammad
02-07-2010, 10:21 PM

As a general reminder, please avoid making polls such as these to collect random information from members, as this does not serve much purpose.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.