/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Niqab

Xcoolamandax
02-05-2010, 10:53 PM
I've been thinking about niqab a lot recently. I mean I'm not courageous enough to wear it. What could this mean?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mujahidah4Allah
02-05-2010, 11:24 PM
:sl:

you're not ready give it some time, when you think you can do it then take the challenge and wear it for example to the local supermarket if all goes well then you maybe ready...

wa/salam

Beardo
02-05-2010, 11:50 PM
You don't want to start it and then let go of it.

I once wanted to wear my thaube to school. I also could not find the courage, and now I just wear my kufi. imsad

May Allah Ta'ala give us the strength!

Somaiyah
02-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Assalamo alaykom,

Take it step by step. Have it when you leave house for a walk, have it to city, have it to the shop, have it when you throw garbage. Just anything. Get used to the niqab.
I want to have niqab but for the sake of my family, who can't even accept the hijab, and because it would be negative for my education right now, I will wait with it inshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
happy
02-06-2010, 03:19 PM
I think it depend your emman or the knowledge you have.I have friend who wears niqaab and her knowledge about Allah is good so when she wears the niqaab is she strong and doesn't care what other people says or think. I have other friend she start to wear the niqaab when she started practising and it didn't take long before she took it of. So i think it all depend and don't rush take step by step.

heavenlyspot
02-14-2010, 10:57 PM

Sister, I think it also depends on the amount of support you have from your family?

I'm assuming it will be easier to wear one if someone you live with wears it as well? But then again, there are many people who wear the hijab when their mothers don't.

Some sisters (that I know) who regard the niqaab as a religious obligation don't have such a hard time putting it on. I guess it just depends on whether you see it as compulsory or not. InshAllah I hope you can accomplish what you want to do. :shade: :D

GrAnNy101
02-15-2010, 06:11 AM
I'm kinda goin through that myself. I would like to wear it, but I know that I also am not ready. I also want to wear it for the right reasons because I know many that do not. It's a personal choice I believe and I find it incredibly powerful and courageous when I see young women wearing it for the sake of their deen. Not worrying about what others think of them.

May allah grant you, me and others like us the courage to break through...just take it easy and step by step. When you reach that level of security, you will do it on your own.

Ummu Sufyaan
02-18-2010, 08:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Xcoolamandax
I've been thinking about niqab a lot recently. I mean I'm not courageous enough to wear it. What could this mean?
it just may mean your iman needs working on a little :) once you've got that sorted, then you tend to worry less what people think and worry more what allah thinks...you tend to also worry about your aakhira more aswell...once this is achieved, everything, including hardships will not only be easy for you, but also to an extent be in in subdudence (sp?) to you

muslimsister1
02-18-2010, 09:31 AM

I understand wer ur coming frm sister, i have bin thnkng/feeling like dis to, somedays i have so much strength that i think yes i can do it n other days i think bout all the if's and but's, now im jst waiting for the right time Inshaallah cuz i know that wen it comes to giving hiayat Allah SWT will give in such a way that u wont even think about anthng or anyone and jst go ahead and do what u need to for the sake of Alllah SWT. Keep praying to Allah SWT to gve u strength and make u stronger in your iman, Inshaallah wen the time is rite it will all fall into place.

:wa:

AnonymousPoster
02-18-2010, 09:35 AM
^sometimes its best to look at things in perspective. one method being is to consider yourself a walking dawah tool. this usually does the trick to a low confidence niqaabi sis in a non-niqaabi environment :D

Islam_sister
02-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Asalaamu Alaykum Warahmatulilahi Wabarakatu.

Sister, i was going through the same thing.. Ive been thinking about wearing niqab but never had the courage too.. This either could mean many different things. This can mean your maybe not ready to wear the niqab at this moment, this can also mean that maybe you want to wear it right now but you would like to strengthen your Eman and and gain alot more knowledge before you put it on, this can also mean the shaytan could be telling you "No don't wear it" and thats why he is making you think that you are not courageous enough to put it on.. Sister the advice i will give you is basically pray istikhara and do what you feel is right in your heart. Or if you want take it step by step wear a Jilbab first then consider on putting on the Niqab. Sister May Allah make this choice easy for you and grant your firdoos...Ameen

Remember sister do what you feel is what and if you think by putting on this niqab will increase you in Eman and protect you from evils the Khayr... wear it for the sake of Allah. And Allah knows best

Ma Salaama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.