/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Left me considerably upset

جوري
02-06-2010, 05:28 PM
:sl:

I wasn't feeling well all day yesterday, when I finally fell asleep, I had a really disturbing dream that left me considerably upset .. I say so, because my dreams are prune to happen or have happened (pls. don't ask me about this, just accept it as a fact) in my dream I saw thousands of Palestinians being murdered in a really brutal manner, execution style and poor day laborers while being carried off in trucks on their way home.. then the Israelis had this third electronic eye, when they wear it it let's them see everything in Egypt.. (I don't particularly know what this part means) but all its implications are really bad at least those that my mind works out) Now the dream is pretty self-explanatory, given my history with dreams and my emotional state currently I am not sure how to deal with it, how to forget about it, how to combat it...

pls tell me something comforting about the future of Islam and Muslims.. I feel really beaten and down by our current state and fear even worse things for the future imsad

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlbanianMuslim
02-07-2010, 04:17 AM
Gossamerskye sister
I am sorry that you had such a bad dream but sis i dont know if you know this but the Prophet Muhammad pbuh said to never ever tell dreams.
It is very bad to reveal your dreams to others.

I couldnt find the copy of the particular book I have but here is a link to something that will help you:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/16916214/W...turbing-Dreams

Use the methods described there and I am sure others here know of other things you can do. Hope that helps.

sabr*
02-07-2010, 05:47 AM
سم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Bismillā hir Rahmā nir Rahīm
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

One of the reasons Muslims don't reveal their bad dreams.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 87, Number 113:

Narrated Abu Qatada:

The Prophet said, "A true good dream is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 87, Number 114:

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

The Prophet said, "If anyone of you sees a dream that he likes, then it is from Allah, and he should thank Allah for it and narrate it to others; but if he sees something else, i.e., a dream that he dislikes, then it is from Satan, and he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil, and he should not mention it to anybody, for it will not harm him."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 87, Number 167:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "The worst lie is that a person claims to have seen a dream which he has not seen."

cat eyes
02-07-2010, 04:39 PM
:sl: have u asked an imaam about it sister? you know we have three different types of dreams some comes from the mind for what we were reading the night before or from watching to much of the news about muslims this is what sparks off my dreams. dreams can come from the shayytan to give us tension and worry. then some dreams are true or come true in the future but what i would to is ask somebody who can interpret this dream for you...it might put your heart at rest. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
02-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I understand how you feel sis, the state of the ummah makes me sad also and I feel so helpless at times, sometimes I dream I have super powers so I can fly to Palestine and help them like a 1 man army :( I think the hope lies in our youth, if we can wake them up and get them to care about what's happening to the Muslim's instead of what's going on in Bollywood/Hollywood then we could see some hope, but many are too busy with their lifes and the dunya. They're not focused on what's going on around them, they don't even watch the news to learn what is happening it's like they've lost passion and only care for the useless things in life. :(

sister I guess all I can tell you is that in the end Islam will be victorious, they can plan and plot all they want but we all ready know the outcome of events don't we?

We know in the end victory and izza will belong to Islam, no matter how much they hate it, it is indeed a hard test that the ummah is going through but take comfort in the fact there exists a day of judgement where no injustice will be done.

and take comfort in the fact that we know Islam will be victorious in the end.

Raudha
02-07-2010, 06:07 PM

I completely understand your distress my dear sister.

I believe that dreams materialise according to the way in which a person interprets them.. So my interpretation is that the OPPOSITE will happen - the Palestinians and the Muslim ummah at large will gain unity and victory over against the kuffaar and there will be peace in the world (Ameen)

I hope you feel better inshaAllah. Ameen :wub: :wub: :wub:

جوري
02-07-2010, 06:27 PM

Jazakoum Allah khyran,
but, I didn't request an interpretation to the dream .. the bottom line of my thread and I quote:
pls tell me something comforting about the future of Islam and Muslims.. I feel really beaten and down by our current state and fear even worse things for the future imsad
Thank you who offered me words of comfort about the future of Islam insha'Allah

AlbanianMuslim
02-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Gossamer, sis,

I offered that site to you because I know it will help you when you have bad dreams like this in the future. Those were meant to be words of comfort, I was not criticizing you or anything so please dont be offended in anyway I only meant to help you. I apologize if it came out as such.

Oh and I again forgot to offer some words in terms of what you did ask for, it is normal for someone with strong iman like yourself to worry about the state of islam, but have faith that it will prevail because it will one day. All we can do is pray for them and hope that things will turn for the better inshallah

aurealnour
02-07-2010, 07:09 PM
You seem like a sensitive person, and quite possibly are picking up the tension thats going on. Maybe you're been shown this so that you feel empathy for whats going on. Do you feel guilty that the horrors are going on and you cant do anything about it?! This is also a common feeling. A feeling of helplessness. My dear it sounds like you have been given a gift. When you pray maybe ask for clarification, you will be surprised at what you'll get. But be patient. But be positive, send some love to the region when you pray. As the tesco add says every little helps!

جوري
02-07-2010, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMuslim
Gossamer, sis,

I offered that site to you because I know it will help you when you have bad dreams like this in the future. Those were meant to be words of comfort, I was not criticizing you or anything so please dont be offended in anyway I only meant to help you. I apologize if it came out as such.

Oh and I again forgot to offer some words in terms of what you did ask for, it is normal for someone with strong iman like yourself to worry about the state of islam, but have faith that it will prevail because it will one day. All we can do is pray for them and hope that things will turn for the better inshallah
No worries sis.. Jazaki Allah khyran.. I didn't mean you any offense.. I am not feeling well now a days..
pray insha'Allah this black cloud lifts from all of us...

zakirs
02-07-2010, 08:27 PM
:sl: sister skye,

Al-Room
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Alif Lam Mim. (1) The Roman Empire has been defeated―
(2) In a land close by; but they, (even) after (this) defeat of theirs, will soon be victorious
(3) Within a few years. With Allah is the Decision, in the Past and in the Future: on that Day shall the Believers rejoice―
(4) With the help of Allah. He helps whom He will, and He is Exalted in Might, Most Merciful.
(5) (It is) the promise of Allah. Never does Allah depart from His promise: but most men understand not.

Hope this helps, Just remember that Allah is there to help the innocent and goodones. We just should keep hope and do the best we can do :)

جوري
02-07-2010, 08:32 PM
That does help alot Jazaka Allah khyran..
I see darkness to the front and back of me and to the left and the right of me, above and beneath me and it has utterly consumed my being.. =(

zakirs
02-07-2010, 08:35 PM
That does help alot Jazaka Allah khyran..
I see darkness to the front and back of me and to the left and the right of me, above and beneath me and it has utterly consumed my being.. =(
I do know the feeling of helplessness you are talking about. But all we can do is show patience. Because what is happening there is bad but i hope it has a happy ending too. I hope one day people there can just go out to pray without the fear of not coming back :(.

جوري
02-07-2010, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
I do know the feeling of helplessness you are talking about. But all we can do is show patience. Because what is happening there is bad but i hope it has a happy ending too. I hope one day people there can just go out to pray without the fear of not coming back :(.
I don't know if it is the stress of every day life compounded by the fact that Muslims make the news daily in such a negative fashion and I know it is a psychological type warfare amongst other things but I feel like I can't handle any of it lately.. It has affected my life so badly that I can't get out of bed in the morning.. small tasks feel so daunting like making breakfast which I have to force feed myself or getting in the car.. I feel foggy, with low energy and unhappy around the clock.. I listen to suret al baqara every day in the morning but really astghfor Allah nothing at all is helping me out of this state, I have completely given up any activity that used to bring me some semblance of joy and just lay there in my bed for hours.. get tired just speaking or writing .. I don't want to feel this way anymore, I can't stand it...imsad

Donia
02-08-2010, 05:17 AM
:sl: sister,

I am so sorry that you are feeling down and had a disturbing dream. imsad

I really wish there was something I could do or say to make you feel better or encouraged.
I'll make dua for you insha'Allah.

*hugs*

Woodrow
02-08-2010, 06:30 AM

In spite of all the bad news we hear about Muslims around the world. The Ummah is actually growing at an unprecedented rate. In just my lifetime I saw Islam grow from being an almost unknown religion with virtually no representation i the western nations. In the USA if you mentioned Islam, nearly everybody thought you were talking about the NOI.

While we can dwell upon the pains of today's ummah and the injustices in Palestine and elsewhere. If we look at the overall gains over the past 50 years, it is unbelievable at how much Islam has gained and grown.

My sister do not fret over your dream. Your dream is a reflection of your love for Islam and the pain you feel is your sensitivity to the pains of others. this is called empathy and compassion. Both of which are admirable traits, even though they make you highly aware of the pains of your sisters and brothers. Because you do feel these pains, these very pains are building blocks for your De'en and are increasing your Eemaan as they cause you to spend more time in Du'a asking for relieve for others.

Snowflake
02-08-2010, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I don't know if it is the stress of every day life compounded by the fact that Muslims make the news daily in such a negative fashion and I know it is a psychological type warfare amongst other things but I feel like I can't handle any of it lately.. It has affected my life so badly that I can't get out of bed in the morning.. small tasks feel so daunting like making breakfast which I have to force feed myself or getting in the car.. I feel foggy, with low energy and unhappy around the clock.. I listen to suret al baqara every day in the morning but really astghfor Allah nothing at all is helping me out of this state, I have completely given up any activity that used to bring me some semblance of joy and just lay there in my bed for hours.. get tired just speaking or writing .. I don't want to feel this way anymore, I can't stand it...imsad
:sl: Sis, the things you mention are bound to affect us deeply. But not being able to get out of bed and carry out daily routines? It sounds like it's more than stress brought on by what you mentioned. Could you be suffering from the effects of the evil eye? It's a possibility and one that can make you feel as you are right now. I recommend you recite the recommended surahs & duaas, and if you can, get someone to perform ruqyah on you. Whatever it is that is afflicting you my dear sis, the power of Allah's kalaam will destroy it and restore your mental and physical health. I shall increase my duas for you inshaAllah. :)

And Islam will be Victorious inshaAllah sis. There is no doubt about that. :)

Mohamed M
02-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I say just pray to allah. We all know the future of islam and muslims and in the end muslims will win with the help of allah. the best thing to do is try and forget about it, i myself have quite alot of bad dreams which does not make sense to me, and is quite scary when i think about it, but i try to forget as much of it as possible.

i dont know if its true, but i heard of a 3 day rule thing, if you mention this dream whithin 3 days, it will come true..... im not to sure about it, but quite a lot of people in my area believe this

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.